Looking for Curse of Strahd (D&D 5.0)

Started by Roleplay Frog, September 09, 2018, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

-post for creation rules: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=293138.msg14708034#msg14708034 -

I am certain I am not the only one, after all the last recruitment I saw had I think almost ten people.

See, the Curse of Strahd campaign takes it quite literal with me, I've started the whole setting thrice now and each time the DM kinda melted away, after getting through at best a third of the setup, naturally that leaves stories feeling unfinished, things left to do, Vampire brides left to seduce...

I think it's a rather enjoyable campaign with nicely build tension and more than a fair amount of chances to use erotica and I say that as someone usually prefering pathfinder over the fifth, all it needs is a small group that's dedicated enough to the campaigns sucess. Who's with me? Who's willing to DM things?

~Personally, I'm looking to be a player(to not spoiler myself with the module), I can fulfill any partyrole, would likely grab whatevers needed.

So yeah. Curse of Strahd, gothicy-vampirey things, who's up to party

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Jayna

Hello!

I would be interested as a player for sure!

Zaer Darkwail

I got the book/module and I had ran the campaign in RL (not complete it though as some players moved away). I am willing to make another round to go at it (and allow bit more erotica into it albeit the story is pretty much gothic horror but there can be room for gothic erotica as well). I can do RL the 'fortune card reading' which is essential for the campaign and gives it bit diversity.

Roleplay Frog

Sounding good!

I understand why the campaign is not for everyone, it's intentionally bleak at points, but that just gives the game greater depth, plus, with all the 2nd edition material you can expand with lots of creative approaches, there's a whole wiki for this stuff out there.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on September 13, 2018, 11:46:38 AM
Sounding good!

I understand why the campaign is not for everyone, it's intentionally bleak at points, but that just gives the game greater depth, plus, with all the 2nd edition material you can expand with lots of creative approaches, there's a whole wiki for this stuff out there.

...Is it wrong that right off the bat I thought Strahd was the most handsome fantasy villain ever? I mean just look at the module's cover! xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Zaer Darkwail

Not wrong call, he is indeed most handsome drawn villain/male from DnD and for good reason. As that charming elegant visage hides truly hideous monster.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 13, 2018, 02:14:17 PM
Not wrong call, he is indeed most handsome drawn villain/male from DnD and for good reason. As that charming elegant visage hides truly hideous monster.

The prettyness only makes it eviler. *nodnod*
Though there is a bunch of handsomey demons too.

But ultimately Darklords seem to have the handsomness Or once handsomness down the best. *nodnod*

Zaer Darkwail

Anyways in char gen wise we go standard, in backgrounds leave them open in regards world your living in as there are variables how players get dragged to his realm.

Roleplay Frog

I mean, if none other step forth, happy to throw up the first character concept.

Roleplay Frog

Hmnn. I still fancy the Ravenloft lore, but things have grown quiet. Perhaps I should throw in a solo-request.

Zaer Darkwail

Meaning GM runs a NPC party where your char belongs in?

Roleplay Frog

No one says the 5.0 campaign has to be multiplayer, actually. You can run most campaigns single player, just need a bit of clever planning.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, partly true. But some challenges are tricky to transformed into solo ones. But can do it for you (unless now folks voice interest for a party for such). But would you be okay I open actual recruit thread on Groups/GM group request forum?

Roleplay Frog

I mean worst case you dun get enough interest.

Muse

*peeks in*  Any chance I could still apply to this?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 12, 2018, 01:19:45 AM
  *peeks in*  Any chance I could still apply to this?  :)

Yes, will open recruit thread on today after school hours (or during depending how day goes).

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on October 26, 2018, 03:43:20 AM
Peeks.  Did I miss it?

Nah, you did not. I lazy ass did not open recruit thread yet but doing it now.

Roleplay Frog

Hmn. It seems the campaign has died with absence. Who's open for trying again?

Roleplay Frog

Kathyan

Eyyy

Btw I loved the idea of having a vistani character but it's a shame the game didn't last long enough as to develop her. Obviously I'd be looking to playing the same character. :)

Roleplay Frog

Hmn. I can be playing Alexander again, though perhaps another character would have more luck with the campaigning. Why is it so hard to find vampires to seduce? :P

LisztesFerenc

Does it have to be Curse of Strahd, or is Expedition to Castle Ravenloft converted to 5th ed also good? It is different from the 5th edition game, its doesn't take place on the Ravenloft demiplane for one, but it is still gothicy vampire goodness if that's what chiefly draw you to it.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 19, 2019, 01:27:42 PM
  Does it have to be Curse of Strahd, or is Expedition to Castle Ravenloft converted to 5th ed also good? It is different from the 5th edition game, its doesn't take place on the Ravenloft demiplane for one, but it is still gothicy vampire goodness if that's what chiefly draw you to it.

I mean, I for one am definitly not Hyper-attached to the details of the setting, I'm fine with exactly that gothic vampire goodness you mention. *nodnod* What I like is a sense of dark fantasy danger mingling with actual storytelling mingling with kinky-romantic erotica.

I've actually heard 'classical' Ravenloft players complain about details of the curse before, and it'd be neat to play a campaign where I don't know the beginning. (I dun know the end, ofc, but played through 'you arrive through the mists, here's' Barovia Village a half dozen times, each time with the campaign dying quickly. grrr.)

I take it you'd consider DMing in that case?

LisztesFerenc

Yeah I would DM. Expedition to Castle Ravenloft starts with letters requesting your aid in the village of Boravia. A Vistani is the one who delivers it to you, so if Kathyan is playing one, that could be how your characters are introduced, which would also allow you to start with more knowledge of what you are walking into than it normally presumed, which could be advantageous.

Roleplay Frog

I kinda dislike the whole 'where am we? Is this mists? Why is place so different?' So that's a good thing *nodnods*

Wanna recruit here or in the other thread? Two players you got for sure already. Yey! Perhaps I can think of someone else to lure here whilest at it...

LisztesFerenc

I'll see how many people mention something her over the next day or two, then if we're still shy of a full gorup I'll post a thread for other players.

Aenon

:o The Frog very subtly lured me here...I am also interested. I haven't played the CoS yet, which is very wierd considering how long I have been playing D&D. Perhaps it is time to change that.

LisztesFerenc

The Frog can be tricksy like that, you need to be careful. This game is looking to be Expedition to Castle Ravenloft rather than Curse of Strahd, but they both have a fog shrouded realm, a castle and an arrogant vampire lord, so its largely the same.

Roleplay Frog

LisztesFerenc

I assume if that were a giff the frog would be drumming their fingers together?

What do we want for starting level? Expedition assumed that you were already quite expirienced adventurers, starting you off at level 6. I can scale that down if its too high.

Roleplay Frog

-Do note that requesting or not, I'm only talking for myself-

Errr.. let's roll it back a step, we are using 5.0, right? Not pathfinder etc? Just to make sure. Anywhooo!

I dun mind/Can do higher levels, honestly, you basically trade a more complicated character build for something you dun get to do as often, higher-ish leveled characters.

As I hinted towards Kath, not entirely sure on the character as of yet, I might fill whatever we need (I mean, you can never trust in everyone sticking around to the end, but.. optimism!)

LisztesFerenc

Yeah, 5th edition, starting level 6. Pretty standard adventuring world, not the Ravenloft demiplane. You will likely know eachother but that is not compolsory, you could have been adventuring in another group or solo prior to the game opening. If Kathyan goes with her Vistani character, she might be new to the group, but it could also be worked out that you've met before. Does that sound good to everyone so far?

Aenon

Yeah, I don't mind levels, and it isn't like 5e builds are hard to do  :P

But I have no idea what Kathyan's and Frogs chars are...I wasn't in that previous game  ::) I can also do whatever is needed.

GunmetalDreamer

I heard someone say Vampire Slaying and came over right away.  What've we got, what do we need?

Edit:  Did a little digging, I think I found the characters in question:

Roleplay FrogAlexander Gravenholme (Human Fighter Battlemaster)
KathyanLudovika Janika (Human Bard from the School of Whispers)

Personally leaning towards a Ranger (Monster Hunter), though I'm balancing that gut check against a full-caster of some sort.

Edit2:  I'm experiencing a fit of madness.  What're the odds that I can use the Vampire race from Planeshift: Ixalan?  Some Vampire Hunter D/Blade-style shenanigans sound fun ...

Roleplay Frog

I mean, I can run casters too, although I prefer sticking to a theme to not be too crazy powerful.
WHAT DO YOU WANT OF THE FROG?!?

Also.. A vampire huh? *molests!*

Aenon

Should I be a cleric, or they are banned? I heard there are some restrictions on divine casters (?)

Roleplay Frog

Ravenloft has ways of messing with clerics, but we are not technically in Ravenloft, so it should be fine, naturally up to the DM. That said, even in Ravenloft clerical casting is possible.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aenon on February 20, 2019, 07:35:40 AM
Should I be a cleric, or they are banned? I heard there are some restrictions on divine casters (?)

Clerics are fine.

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 19, 2019, 10:11:22 PMEdit2:  I'm experiencing a fit of madness.  What're the odds that I can use the Vampire race from Planeshift: Ixalan?  Some Vampire Hunter D/Blade-style shenanigans sound fun ...

With a few changes, yes:

1. Name becomes dhampir, the result of a union between a human and vampire.

2. Instead of being unaging, a dhampir ages like an elf, but without an established society they don't have a ceremony for adulthood.

3. Bloodthirst only heals you up to half health, you do not regain hitpoints beyond that. The targets maximum hitpoints can still be reduced, and you still benefit from Feast of Blood.

That work?

Kathyan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 19, 2019, 04:30:01 PM
  Yeah I would DM. Expedition to Castle Ravenloft starts with letters requesting your aid in the village of Boravia. A Vistani is the one who delivers it to you, so if Kathyan is playing one, that could be how your characters are introduced, which would also allow you to start with more knowledge of what you are walking into than it normally presumed, which could be advantageous.
I'm ok with playing Expedition to castle ravenloft as well and haven't really played much published adventures I haven't tried this one not a single time. Being the one that brings the letter to the group sounds good.

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 19, 2019, 05:46:10 PM
  The Frog can be tricksy like that, you need to be careful. This game is looking to be Expedition to Castle Ravenloft rather than Curse of Strahd, but they both have a fog shrouded realm, a castle and an arrogant vampire lord, so its largely the same.
Tricksy Frog from a frog shrouded realm. :P

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 19, 2019, 06:16:32 PM
  Yeah, 5th edition, starting level 6. Pretty standard adventuring world, not the Ravenloft demiplane. You will likely know eachother but that is not compolsory, you could have been adventuring in another group or solo prior to the game opening. If Kathyan goes with her Vistani character, she might be new to the group, but it could also be worked out that you've met before. Does that sound good to everyone so far?
Level 6 is fine with me too although if it would be on standard adventuring world vistani would be pretty unknown and unheard of, right? I ask because there would little sense in playing one in that case and I might go with a human or another race instead. By the way if playing a vistani Ludovika could be disguised as a human and still know some of the others.

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 19, 2019, 10:11:22 PM

I heard someone say Vampire Slaying and came over right away.  What've we got, what do we need?

Edit:  Did a little digging, I think I found the characters in question:

Roleplay FrogAlexander Gravenholme (Human Fighter Battlemaster)
KathyanLudovika Janika (Human Bard from the School of Whispers)

Personally leaning towards a Ranger (Monster Hunter), though I'm balancing that gut check against a full-caster of some sort.

Edit2:  I'm experiencing a fit of madness.  What're the odds that I can use the Vampire race from Planeshift: Ixalan?  Some Vampire Hunter D/Blade-style shenanigans sound fun ...
I havent checked any of the Planeshift stuff so I didn't there was a vampire race, pretty cool.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Kathyan on February 20, 2019, 08:40:52 AMLevel 6 is fine with me too although if it would be on standard adventuring world vistani would be pretty unknown and unheard of, right? I ask because there would little sense in playing one in that case and I might go with a human or another race instead. By the way if playing a vistani Ludovika could be disguised as a human and still know some of the others.

Vistani are a human ethnicity. They would be known in the world, as they are the only people who can freely pass through the county of Barovia. Sometimes they are sometimes used as curries for messages that cannot wait to be taken around the land, but mostly they are considered thieving bastards and possibly unclear.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 20, 2019, 08:48:25 AM
sometimes used as curries for messages

They sound deliciousss..

So! Wanna nail down some creation stuff? Stat buy, do we get bonus blings from magical items, are there any races you dun find sexy? :P I am trying to narrow down a character idea and or use an old one...

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 20, 2019, 08:55:40 AM
They sound deliciousss..

That was initially a typo but I'm making it canon. Vampires find the Vistani to be deliciously spicy.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 20, 2019, 08:55:40 AMSo! Wanna nail down some creation stuff? Stat buy, do we get bonus blings from magical items, are there any races you dun find sexy? :P I am trying to narrow down a character idea and or use an old one...

House rules:

1. Currency. Gold is rare, too rare to be used as a standard currency. Instead, the coins of the land are silver, bronze and copper. Any references to gold in the rules book becomes silver, any references to silver in the rules book becomes bronze.

2. The Slow Healing varient rule from the DMG. You no longer automatically recover HP from a long rest, and instead must spend hitdie to do that. You may consume a huse of a medical kit to reroll one of the hit die to see

3. Uncivilized. You may have a character start without the ability to read or write. If so, gain proficiency with survival, animal handling or nature.

Character creation:
Roll six sets of "4d6 dropping the lowest", assign freely. Starting level 6. In addition to your starting wealth (either roll based on your class, or combine the equipment of your class and background), you gain 500 silver pieces (see first house rule) and then an additional 1d10 x 25 silver pieces. This silver may be spent on magical items to reflect your adventuring career so far, but once the game begins magic items will rarely be available in shops however much silver you have.

I'm fine with all player races lewdness-wise, barring maybe the warforged from Eberron.

Roleplay Frog

See you say that you tempt me to make a cute warforged somehow. :P

Also interesting, so survivalesque rules. What about spells/abilities and feats that cheat these healing things to a degree?

Anyway, I enjoy rolling so...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Roll Result: That Sexy Frog rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment: statz
Result: 5, 6, 1, 1,
Total: 12

Result: 6, 3, 3, 2,

Result: 6, 3, 5, 6,
Total: 17

Result: 5, 1, 1, 3,
Total: 9

Full Result: That Sexy Frog rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Result: 3, 2, 3, 3,

Result: 4, 3, 6, 6,
Total: 16

9,9,12,12, 16, 17 Iiinteresting. spikier than basic buy, I am like.

Now what character do... hrmnnrmnn...

Aenon

Ehm, what slow healing variant you mean? The gritty realism that has the long rest take 1 week?

Also, a full plate costs 1500gp (or sp) but I think that it is reasonable that a level 6 char would have one...could there be an exception/higher starting gold, and if not, will there be downtime to have one crafted later?

What prices would the magic items have?

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 20, 2019, 08:06:37 AM
  With a few changes, yes:

1. Name becomes dhampir, the result of a union between a human and vampire.

2. Instead of being unaging, a dhampir ages like an elf, but without an established society they don't have a ceremony for adulthood.

3. Bloodthirst only heals you up to half health, you do not regain hitpoints beyond that. The targets maximum hitpoints can still be reduced, and you still benefit from Feast of Blood.

That work?
Works for me!  I was looking a little side-eyed at (3), but if you're toning back the healing I definitely get that.  I'll get crackin'

Quote from: Aenon on February 20, 2019, 10:05:57 AMEhm, what slow healing variant you mean? The gritty realism that has the long rest take 1 week?
I believe he's referring to the Slow Natural Healing variant (DMG pg 267).  Basically it just means that you roll HD to get Health Back after a Long Rest instead of springing back to full HP and getting some of your Hit Die back.

Quote from: Aenon on February 20, 2019, 10:05:57 AM
What prices would the magic items have?
I'd also like this clarified.  The book gives a range for magic item costs (and a wide one).  This is why the default chart for starting higher level just points at number and rarity of magic items rather than spitting out a price point.

I mean, if I can somehow monkey my way into starting with a Cloak of the Bat, I'm gonna do that :P  I won't hold my breath though.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteI mean, if I can somehow monkey my way into starting with a Cloak of the Bat, I'm gonna do that :P  I won't hold my breath though.

Someone is committed. I feel tempted making some sorta vampire hunter and.. y know.. hunt ya. :P

Gnnnn..k I mean I feel tempted by lotsa things.. what do!

Aenon

@GMD Ah I see, thanks, somehow I never noticed that one before  :o

I don't like rolling...but as always I am so damn lucky.

131001   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:51   At 2019-02-20 10:13:51, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 17 15
131000   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:39   At 2019-02-20 10:13:39, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19 15
130999   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:33   At 2019-02-20 10:13:33, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 18 16
130998   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:29   At 2019-02-20 10:13:29, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 18 14
130997   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:24   At 2019-02-20 10:13:24, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19 16
130996   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-20 10:13:19   At 2019-02-20 10:13:19, Char rolls (uid: 64697) rolls: 4d6 Result: 13 12

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 20, 2019, 10:29:19 AM
Someone is committed. I feel tempted making some sorta vampire hunter and.. y know.. hunt ya. :P

I may have been playing a lot of Fury of Dracula lately <_<

Also, I've always been a sucker for Cloak of the Bat.  That and Slippers of Spider Climbing.  Basically, I love mobility enhancing items.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 20, 2019, 10:46:16 AM
I may have been playing a lot of Fury of Dracula lately <_<

Also, I've always been a sucker for Cloak of the Bat. 

Not sure if pun intentional.

*hops about*

Roleplay Frog

Aenon

GunmetalDreamer

Pft, I used to roll 3d6 and not be able to arrange numbers to taste.  I'll be fine.

It just means that I'll probably actually take Attribute Bonuses instead of Feats :P

LisztesFerenc

Sorry for being unclear, I was using the Xanathar's Guide to Everything for magical items. Does everyone have access to that?

Common magical item: 100 silver
Uncommmon, minor item: 200 silver
Uncommon, major item: 400 silver

Half any cost if the item is consumed on a single use. This doesn't affect the price of items that have a chance to become innert when all charges are spent.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aenon on February 20, 2019, 10:05:57 AM
Ehm, what slow healing variant you mean? The gritty realism that has the long rest take 1 week?

Also, a full plate costs 1500gp (or sp) but I think that it is reasonable that a level 6 char would have one...could there be an exception/higher starting gold, and if not, will there be downtime to have one crafted later?

No, not the gritty realism. Spells and other resources come back at the same rate, only HP during a long rest is affected.

Regarding non-magical armour, you can have had some crafted for 1/3 the cost.

Quote from: Kathyan on February 20, 2019, 10:43:32 AMEverything was going so good until that last 5, lol  ;D

Ouch. Any idea which its going to be?

Kathyan

At 2019-02-20 13:54:59, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 1d10 Result: 3
A shameful 3 on the d10 for money :P , guess I wont have two uncommon items. With only this is going to be some though choosing.

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 20, 2019, 01:43:32 PM
  Ouch. Any idea which its going to be?
Strength of course

GunmetalDreamer

Mistress Katarina Klaed

Appearance
A gracefully built young woman, Katarina is a comfortable sight in the noble courts and homes of her peers.  Though her features are too strong to make her one of the remarkable beauties of the noble circuit, her pale ivory complexion and deep black eyes give her an almost doll-like quality that some are drawn to.  She likes to contrast these pail features with dark, rich colors like black, wine red, or velvet purple, and she is charming enough to hold the attention of suitors.

When hunting, Katarina prefers the old standby of a hooded cloak worn to hide her arsenal.  A black cuirass and pauldrons embossed with golden filigree with a high neck guard serve to protect her from her prey while keeping her light enough on her feet to sneak up on them.  At her hip she carries a gracefully curving blade that shines with a silvery light, the pommel carved in the shape of a perching raven atop a skull, and slogan etched in Elvish along the base of the blade.

Background
Katarina comes from the remote Barony of Khaltier, a realm somewhat infamous for holding the Necromatic arts as a purview for the nobility.  The nobility of Khaltier are known to live far beyond their allotted spans, using rituals to steal the life energies from criminals and prisoners of war alike.  This entrenched noble class has done much to foster a sense of stability in the realm, even if their laws are frequently draconian to ensure they have plenty to feed from.  Behind the scenes, however, a coterie of orphaned vampire spawn pull the strings of the nation, seeking a way to become full vampires.

Katarina is the first daughter of the Barony, however, in point of fact she is not the daughter of the Baron.  Rather, on the night of his wedding, the undead patron of the house invoked prima nocta on newly minted Baroness, charming her into his dark chambers for a night of passion.  When Katarina was born with pale, translucent skin and deep black eyes, there was no doubt as to her nature.  However, while succession would eventually follow her younger brother, Katarina herself was still groomed to be married off for political capital in other lands.  Though largely isolated from the world barring certain social occasions, she was a happy enough child, indulging in the life of privilege her lineage afforded her.

It wasn't until Baron Klaed died from illness that her world began to unravel.  Her brother was still too young to take up the title himself, meaning that Katarina's mother held the reins of power for a time.  She was less than a puppet monarch in reality, however.  Losing the Baron meant that their patron had to become more active in the court, ensuring the Baroness's complacency through liberal use of enchantment and taking advantage of her body as it suited him.  When Katarina realized what he was, he tried to bring her under his sway as well.  Katarina, by virtue of her blood, managed to throw off his enchantment, killing her "uncle" in self defense.

She never forgot what she saw, however.  These days, her mother rules Khaltier in truth as well as title, waiting for her brother to reach the age of majority.  Katarina herself, however, has abandoned the life of a socialite.  At first, she lost herself in books, trying to understand what she'd seen that night, but understanding drew her not to peace of mind, but instead a call to action.  A call to stalk the night, to hunt down the dens of creatures that used to be human, and slay them before their could spread their curses.  After years of the hunt, Katarina has grown out of her original self-interested state of mind, and has come to appreciate the common man.  Protecting them, in a sense, has given a sense of greater purpose to her efforts to cut the tumor of corruption from her land.

Personality
Katarina is a somewhat cold and suspicious person on the surface.  She had he world flipped upside down on her once before, and she's been determined to to allow herself to be blindsided like that ever again.  Underneath her cool exterior, however, the pleasant noble, playful and self-assured in her superiority, still lurks waiting for an opportunity to come out.

Katarina, some might note, does not consider herself a monster like the creatures she hunts.  Rather, she counts herself among their victims.  She prefers to slake her thirst on willing subjects, knowing that she cannot pass on her curse.  Though she doesn't burn in direct sunlight, she's still partial to cloaks, veils, and parasols when out in the daylight, claiming that the heat does not agree with her sickly nature.

Class/Level:  Ranger 6 (Monster Hunter)
Race:  Dhampir
Background:  Noble
Alignment:  Neutral Good

Attributes
Str:  9  ; Dex:  14;  Con:  14;  Int:  11;  Wis:  14;  Cha:  10

Stats
Armor Class:  16
Initiative:  +2
Speed:  30'
Passive Perception:  15
Hit Point Maximum:  60
Hit Dice:  1d10
Proficiency Bonus:  +3

Saves
Str:  +1  ; Dex:  +5;  Con:  +2;  Int:  +0;  Wis:  +2;  Cha:  +0

Proficiencies:  Athletics, History, Perception, Persuasion, Survival
Acrobatics (Dex): +2 Animal Handling (Wis): +2 Arcana (Int): +0 Athletics (Str): +1 Deception (Cha): +0 History (Int): +3 Insight (Wis): +2 Intimidation (Cha): +0 Investigation (Int): +0 Medicine (Wis): +2 Nature (Int): +2 Perception (Wis): +5 Performance (Cha): +0 Persuasion (Cha): +3 Religion (Int): +0 Sleight of Hand (Dex): +2 Stealth (Dex): +2 Survival (Wis): +5

Equipment Proficiencies:  Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Gaming Set (Cards: Prophet's Gambit)

Languages:  Abyssal, Common, Draconian, Elvish, Sylvan, Vampire

Features & Traits:
Feats
    -
Crossbow Expert
Thanks to extensive practice with the crossbow, you gain the following benefits:
    - You ignore the loading quality of crossbows with which you are proficient
    - Being withing 5' of a hostile creature does not impose Disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
    - When you use the Attack action and attack with a one handed weapon, you can use a Bonus Action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.

Background: Noble
    -
Position of Priviledge
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you.  You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are.  The common folk and merchants make every effort to accomodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere.  You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Dhampir
    - Darkvision: 60'
    - Resistance: Necrotic Damage
    -
Bloodthirst
You can drain blood and life energy from a willing creature, or one that is grappled by you, incapacitated, or restrained.  Make a melee attack against the target, if you hit, you deal 1 Piercing and 1d6 Necrotic damage.  The target's HP Maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the Necrotic damage taken, and you regain hit points equal to that amount (up to 1/2 Max HP).  The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest.  The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

-
Feast of Blood
When you drain blood with your Bloodthirst ability, you experience a surge of vitality.  Your speed increases by 10', and you gain Advantage of Strength and Dexterity checks and saving throws for 1 minute.

Ranger (Monster Hunter):
    -
Favored Enemy (Undead, Humanoid (Shapeshifter), Humanoid (Human)
Gain Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.  When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.

-
Natural Exporer (Forest, Swamp)
When you make an Intelligence or Wisdeom check related to your favored terrain, your Proficiency Bonus is doubled if you are using a skill you're proficient in.

When traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:
    - Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel.
    - Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
    - Even when you are engaged in another activitity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
    - If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
    - When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
    - While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

- Fighting Style: Archery - You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
    -
Primeval Awareness
Use your action and expend one ranger spell slot to focus your awareness on the region around you.  For 1 minute per level of spell slot you expend, you can sense whether the following type of creatures are present within 1 mile of you (or within up to 6 miles if you ware in your favored terrain): Aberrations, Celestials, Dragons, Elementals, Fey, Fiends, and the Undead.  This feature doesn't reveal the creatures' location or number.

-
Monster Slayer Magic
You learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in this class.  The spell counts as a Ranger spell for you, but it doesn't count against the number of Ranger spells you know:
    - Lvl 3:  Protection from Evil and Good
    - Lvl 5:  Zone of Truth

-
Hunter's Sense
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60' of you.  You immediately learn whether the creature has any damage immunities, resistances, or vulnerabilities and what they are.  If the creature is hidden from Divination magic, you sense that it has no damage immunities, resitances, or vulnerabilities.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom Modifier (minimum of once).  You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

-
Slayer's Prey
As a bonus action, you designate one creature you can see within 60' of you as the target of this feature.  The first time each turn that you hit that target with a weapon attack, it takes an extra 1d6 damage from the weapon. 

The benefit lasts until you finish a short or long rest.  It ends early if you designate a different creature.

- Extra Attack: You can attack twice whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Attacks:
Unarmed: +5 to hit; 0 Damage
+1 Silver Scimitar: +6 to hit; 1d6+3 Slashing Damage
Hand Crossbow: +7 to hit: 1d6+2 Piercing Damage; Ammunition, Range (30/120), Light, Loading
Holy Water: +5 to Hit; 2d6 Radiant Damage; Improvised Weapon, Range (20/60)

Equipment:  765 Silver
+1 Silver Scimitar (400sp)
Hand Crossbow (75sp)
Crossbow Bolts (20) (1sp)
Breastplate (200sp)
Dungeoneer's Pack (12sp)
    - Backpack, Crowbar, Hammer, Pitons (10), Torches (10), Tinderbox, Rations (10 days), Waterskin, 50' Rope
Grappling Hook (1sp)
Bedroll (1sp)

Holy Water (3) 75

- Noble -
A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25gp

Currency:  25 Silver

Spells
Slots1rst Level: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]; 2nd Lvl: [ ] [ ]

Spells Known: Cure Light Wounds, Hail of Thorns, Hunter's Mark, Pass Without Trace, Protection from Evil or Good, Zone of Truth

Roleplay Frog

*Frog flails uncertainly for -not- being the first to post a charsheet for a change!*

What is going on!

LisztesFerenc

Character sheet looks good. You're not using the recist ranger? You dont have to, but the option is available.

Also, only max HP at first level. After that you can roll or take the average rounded up the PHB gives you, so 6 for a ranger. For languages, Barovians speak a thick dialect of Common, but the place is so remote and insignificant its rare for outsiders to visit it. Its also dangerous, but not even in an exciting way. No grand monsters, just small stuff, spectres, walking dead, wolves, just enough of them to be scary to most travels, but not exciting or promising enough to attract adventurers. Its not impossible your character would have visited before, but it is unlikely.

Roleplay Frog

There's too many tempting options *flails about* so we can basically snatch  a major uncommon, or two minor uncommon magical items..

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 20, 2019, 06:00:18 PM
*Frog flails uncertainly for -not- being the first to post a charsheet for a change!*

What is going on!

Yeah, I like to buckle in and crank out characters ASAP.  It means that I can chase everyone away from the party niche I want (in theory, this never actually pans out) :P

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 20, 2019, 06:42:59 PM
  Character sheet looks good. You're not using the recist ranger? You dont have to, but the option is available.

Also, only max HP at first level. After that you can roll or take the average rounded up the PHB gives you, so 6 for a ranger. For languages, Barovians speak a thick dialect of Common, but the place is so remote and insignificant its rare for outsiders to visit it. Its also dangerous, but not even in an exciting way. No grand monsters, just small stuff, spectres, walking dead, wolves, just enough of them to be scary to most travels, but not exciting or promising enough to attract adventurers. Its not impossible your character would have visited before, but it is unlikely.
Naw.  The Devs are of the opinion that the Core Ranger is the real one, so I figured I'd try it their way.

I did roll my HP (just forgot to turn off Keep 3).  You can still see the dice rolls here.

As for knowing Barovian, that's a combination of Proficiency (History) and Favored Enemy (Undead).  Basically, it's considered a dead language where Katarina is from, but one of scholarly import due to the presence of the Dark Powers in that region.  (I lifted it as a Linguistic choice from the description of the Vistani as a race :P)

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 20, 2019, 07:02:09 PM
There's too many tempting options *flails about* so we can basically snatch  a major uncommon, or two minor uncommon magical items..
Don't forget your basic gear.  I basically priced myself out of a magic item by wanting a Breastplate.  (Healing Potions don't count, that was literally me throwing my hands up in frustration).

Kathyan

I mostly copied my old character and updated her into Gunmetal's format and used this template of the vistani. I also didn't took any starting equipment to have a little more money available for a second magic item but it fits as she is an urchin so she will definitively have to steal as she doesn't have a single copper. :P

Alternate
Ludovika Janika

Description: Ludovika dresses in quite a peculiar way for the standards in Barovia, fancy and colorful clothes that are both skintight and baggy at the same time as they present multiple layers her rather common clothes allow her both to be confortable in her performances while also to hide any kind of stuff in the numerous folds and ruffles of her outfit. Her style does not draw as much attention to outsiders but even then she will rarely allow anyone to see her wearing the very same outfit more than once although they are in fact the same clothes.

Biography: So many people just think all Vistani are nothing but petty thieves, and while not always truth they'd be right about Ludovika. Not so much think they are evil doers and that they be better of dead but some do and that was the reason why Janika does not have a family of her own. Her caravan was attacked by a group of infuriated peasants  that had their children missing to some wolves, or were they werewolves?, who didn't care to find the real responsables and only discharged their fury against her family leaving her as the only survivor. She was raised by another tribe and while she never held a grudge against barovian humans she never like them much either and was always suspicious about them although she did enjoy to have fun at their expense.

When she grew up she began brooding the idea that it could be that the lord of these lands was the one responsible about the fear of the humans and the reason behind their behavior so she began investigating about it. Ludovika couldn't stop thinking how he would control the wolves and frame her tribe for so many years ago to do his bidding. But to find out more she would need some help and the locals were too afraid of everything while no other fellow vistani would help her either so she would had to look for help somewhere else and get the help of some outsiders.

Personality:
Ludovika doubts mostly of everyone in Barovia and thinks everyone is hiding something and would be better trusting in some complete strangers as long as they are foreigners. She also wants to have a family but would rather settle down with a foreigner as well than with one of her own, not that this stops her from having some fun around with just about anyone but she often leaves the mist realm in the look for interesting people.

To make a living she mostly turns to lying and stealing as well as performing but she also takes some joy at controlling and scaring people around, it is to find out more clues about her own past she would say if asked but she clearly enjoys it more than she should.

Class/Level:  Bard 6 (School of Whispers)
Race:  Vistani
Background:  Urchin
Alignment:  Chaotic Neutral

Attributes
Str:  5  ; Dex:  18;  Con:  15;  Int:  14;  Wis:  10;  Cha:  20

Stats
Armor Class:  15
Initiative:  +4
Passive Perception:  13
Hit Point Maximum:  45
Hit Dice:  1d8

Saves
Str:  -3  ; Dex:  +7;  Con:  +2;  Int:  +2;  Wis:  +0;  Cha:  +8

Proficiencies:  Deception, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
Acrobatics (Dex): +5 Animal Handling (Wis): +1 Arcana (Int): +3 Athletics (Str): -2 Deception (Cha): +11* History (Int): +3 Insight (Wis): +1 Intimidation (Cha): +6 Investigation (Int): +5* Medicine (Wis): +1 Nature (Int): +1 Perception (Wis): +3 Performance (Cha): +6* Persuasion (Cha): +8 Religion (Int): +1 Sleight of Hand (Dex): +10 Stealth (Dex): +7 Survival (Wis): +1

Equipment Proficiencies:  Light Armor, Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Long Swords, Rapiers, Short Swords, Flute, Lute, Lyre, Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools

Languages:  Common, Vistani and Barovian.

Features & Traits:
Feats
    -
Actor
Skilled at mimicry and dramatics, you gain the following benefits:
    - Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20
    - You have advantage on Charisma (Deception) and Charisma (Performance) checks when trying to pass yourself off as a different person.
    - You can mimic the speech of another person or the sounds made by other creatures. You must have heard the person speaking, or heard the creature make the sound, for at least 1 minute. A successful Wisdom (Insight) check contested by your Charisma (Deception) check allows a listener to determine that the effect is faked.

Background: Urchin
    -
City Secrets
You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Vistani
    - Vistani Skill: You gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Deception, Insight, Perception, Performance, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth.
    - Mist Traveling: you are capable of moving through the Ravenloft mists (cross realms and such) but you cannot take non-vistani with you unless you are in possession of vistani carriage.
    -
Evil Eye
1st: Evil Eye (Animal Friendship)
3th: Evil Eye (Charm Person)
5th: Evil Eye (Hold Person)

Evil Eye DC 15 (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest): Vistani targets one creature that she can see within 10 feet of her. The evil eyes duplicates the effect of one of the following spells: animal friendship, charm person, or hold person. None of the spells effects require somatic or material components. If the target succeeds on the initial saving throw, vistani is blinded until the end of her next turn. DC is 8 + your proficiency modifier + your charisma modifier. Once a target succeeds on a saving throw against this effect, it is immune to the Evil Eye power of all Vistani for 24 hours.
Wis DC 16

-
Vistani Curse
Curse (Recharges after a Long Rest): You can use an action to utter a curse to a creature within 30 feet of you that you can see. The curse must be a repayment for an injustice or slight, and should not be invoked without dire cause. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw to avoid the curse. The curse lasts until ended with a remove curse spell, a greater restoration spell, or similar magic. It doesn't end when the target dies. When the curse ends, you suffer a harmful psychic backlash based on the severity of the curse. DC is 8 + your proficiency modifier + your charisma modifier.

You can choose how the curse manifests from the following options:
You can cause the target's appearance to change in a small, purely cosmetic way. When this curse ends, you take 1d6 psychic damage.
Beginning when you reach the 6th level, you can cause the target to have disadvantage on ability checks and saving throws tied to one ability score of your choice. When the curse ends, you take 3d6 psychic damage.
Beginning when you reach the 16th level, you can cause the target to be blinded or deafened. When the curse ends, you take 5d6 psychic damage.
Wis DC 16

Bard (School of Whispers):
    - Spellcasting, Ritual Casting
    - Bardic Inspiration: (d8) 5/short rest
    - Jack of all Trades: +1 to ability checks in which you have no proficiency
    - Song of Rest (1d6)
    - Expertise (Deception, Sleight of Hand)
    - Psychic Blades: spend a Bardic Inspiration to deal extra psychic damage (3d6) with a weapon attack.
    - Words of Terror: if you speak to a humanoid alone for at least a minute, you can attempt to instill paranoia on its mind. Wis save or be frightened of you or a creature of your choice for 1 hour, until it is attacked or damaged or until it witnesses its allies being attacked or damaged.
    - Mantle of Whispers: 1/short rest. When a humanoid dies within 30 feet of you, you can magically capture its shadow using your reaction. You retain this shadow until you use it(as an action) or you finish a long rest. When you use it you it transforms into a disguise on you that lasts for an hour, while on disguise you know all the information the subject would share with a casual acquaintance including personal background but not secrets. Another can see through this disguise succeeding on a insight check contested by your deception check, you get +5 to this check.

Attacks:
Unarmed: +1 to hit; 0 Damage
Short Sword: +7 to hit; 1d6+4 Piercing Damage
Dagger: +7 to hit; 1d4+4 Piercing Damage

Equipment:  700 silver
Hat of Disguise (400)
Eyes of Minute Seeing (200)
Short Sword (10)
Flute (2)
Leather Armor (10)
Dagger (2)
Thieves' Tools (25)
Forgery Kit (15)
Disguise Kit (25)
Common Clothes (0.5)
Belt Pouch (0.5)
Custom Pack (10)  Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, a hooded lamp, 6 flasks of oil, a (fake) tarokka deck and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.

Currency:  0 Silver, 0 Bronze, 0 Copper

Spells Save DC 16
Slots1st Level: 4/4; 2nd Lvl: 3/3; 3rd Lvl: 3/3

Spells Known: Friends, Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery
Spells Known: Dissonant Whispers, Healing Word, Silent Image, Thunderwave / Heat Metal, Phantasmal Force, Suggestion / Hypnotic Pattern, Speak with Dead

Aenon

I am not sure if I should make a divine soul, a paladin, a cleric, or a sorcerer :p Thinking about making an aasimar in all cases

Roleplay Frog

Ok, looking at things, you clearly need the help of LORD ESTEVAN! *hammering noises*

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 20, 2019, 09:38:30 PMAs for knowing Barovian, that's a combination of Proficiency (History) and Favored Enemy (Undead).  Basically, it's considered a dead language where Katarina is from, but one of scholarly import due to the presence of the Dark Powers in that region.  (I lifted it as a Linguistic choice from the description of the Vistani as a race :P)

Barovia isn't a seperate language in this game, they speak the region's language, albeit with a dialect due to years of isolation. And why has she taken an interest in the land? Its got undead, but its not unique in that regard, though it has captured the imagination of certain bards and poets, due to its mystery and a lot of rumours surrounding it.

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 20, 2019, 09:38:30 PMDon't forget your basic gear.  I basically priced myself out of a magic item by wanting a Breastplate.  (Healing Potions don't count, that was literally me throwing my hands up in frustration).

You can have a breastplate for half-price. I gave a discount for fullplate, so its only fair.

Kathyan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 21, 2019, 08:15:32 AM
  Barovia isn't a seperate language in this game, they speak the region's language, albeit with a dialect due to years of isolation. And why has she taken an interest in the land? Its got undead, but its not unique in that regard, though it has captured the imagination of certain bards and poets, due to its mystery and a lot of rumours surrounding it.

You can have a breastplate for half-price. I gave a discount for fullplate, so its only fair.
In my case I just copied the languages that were given, no free choices but got 3 languages in exchange, although if barovian is not a language but a dialect that makes just 2 :P . It also amazed me that she has Vistani, but doesn't bother me at all and might even be a reason for early interaction between characters.

Ludovika can't afford a studded leather armor even at half price xD
but hey its a common armor so she should be able to get one in game, right?

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 21, 2019, 08:15:32 AM
And why has she taken an interest in the land? Its got undead, but its not unique in that regard, though it has captured the imagination of certain bards and poets, due to its mystery and a lot of rumours surrounding it.

It'll be a little more clear once I get her background up.  Basically though, the scholarly background comes up because (a) She comes from a place where the undead have a secret stranglehold on power (part of how you get a Dhampir Noble in the first place), (b) Count Zarovich is a vampire with neither a Sire nor a Necromancer sugar daddy to appease, and that appeals to that circle, (c) There's a real focus on undead "lineage" in that group, and a notion of Purity that becomes diluted the further from the progenitor of a certain line you get.  The Tragedy of Strahd (which does get told, in misleading ways, by the Vistani who roam beyond the fog) appeals to that contingent, who tend to think of it more as an origin story filled with pathos and betrayal than anything.

Aenon

I am having some questions about the story so I can think of my background.

So, the into "you are sucked in the mists" is a thing, or we go on purpose to beat up Strahd? Is there a reason we would care about him enough to hunt him?

Are we going there as a team that has already worked together? If yes, @GMD is your character a bad guy? I don't mind playing good or evil chars, but I don't want to be the the 'paladin' in an evil group, so if the rest of you are evil I'm gonna be evil too :P 

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 21, 2019, 10:55:22 AM
It'll be a little more clear once I get her background up.  Basically though, the scholarly background comes up because (a) She comes from a place where the undead have a secret stranglehold on power (part of how you get a Dhampir Noble in the first place), (b) Count Zarovich is a vampire with neither a Sire nor a Necromancer sugar daddy to appease, and that appeals to that circle, (c) There's a real focus on undead "lineage" in that group, and a notion of Purity that becomes diluted the further from the progenitor of a certain line you get.  The Tragedy of Strahd (which does get told, in misleading ways, by the Vistani who roam beyond the fog) appeals to that contingent, who tend to think of it more as an origin story filled with pathos and betrayal than anything.

Count Zarovich being a vampire isn't known. Since you have history you know the Zarovich have ruled Barovia for centuries, and haven't been heard of for at least 200 years. Given that there is still a Lord of the Castle, that much would be known from travelling Vistani, its likely the family, or at least one member has done something to fight off the ill effect of age, but the precise details are not known.

Quote from: Aenon on February 21, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
I am having some questions about the story so I can think of my background.

So, the into "you are sucked in the mists" is a thing, or we go on purpose to beat up Strahd? Is there a reason we would care about him enough to hunt him?

The opening is you are in a normal, non-Ravenloft world and you are approached by a Vistani who gives you a letter, requesting you come to Barovia to help. Normally that's all you get, but since in this game the Vistani messanger is one of thew players, she will be able to tell you a bit more.

Quote from: Aenon on February 21, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
Are we going there as a team that has already worked together? If yes, @GMD is your character a bad guy? I don't mind playing good or evil chars, but I don't want to be the the 'paladin' in an evil group, so if the rest of you are evil I'm gonna be evil too :P

That's up to you to decide. You definitly been adventuring before, but whether that was alone or with another, or with the other characters, it all works.

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 21, 2019, 12:26:42 PMCount Zarovich being a vampire isn't known. Since you have history you know the Zarovich have ruled Barovia for centuries, and haven't been heard of for at least 200 years. Given that there is still a Lord of the Castle, that much would be known from travelling Vistani, its likely the family, or at least one member has done something to fight off the ill effect of age, but the precise details are not known.

Fine, fine.  I'll pull it back.

Quote from: Aenon on February 21, 2019, 12:14:22 PMAre we going there as a team that has already worked together? If yes, @GMD is your character a bad guy? I don't mind playing good or evil chars, but I don't want to be the the 'paladin' in an evil group, so if the rest of you are evil I'm gonna be evil too :P 

Naw, I'm a Neutral Goodie (coming up from TN over the last few years).  You know the sort, comes from a broken, exploitative system, then encounters the excesses of that system and rebels?  Rest assured, Katarina is dedicated to saving people from scurrilous undead, lycanthropes, cultists, brain controlling lichen, aberrations, and fiends. 

Roleplay Frog

I pinned Ferenc's creation rules on the first post, also, rolling for da bling:.. noice

225, for a total of 725 starting up.

Roll Result: That Sexy Frog rolled: 1d10, keeping 3 dice
Comment: da bling
Result: 9,

Roleplay Frog

~I am not sure what I did a make, but I'm pretty sure he's a pretty nasty tank.~

Name: Lord Andur Estevan The Great; Saviour of Greenvale, Demonbane, The Shadowhunter
Class(es): Barbarian 4(Ancestral Guardian), Wizard (Divination) 2
Race: Human
Alignment: CG
Description: Pretty much as the picture. Calm, confident, trustworthy seeming paladin
Fetishes: I like kinky mind-control and losing control most, lewd monster molestations, futa, etc..I mean well done cute females work too. I like degrading touch, but in a nice way. Oh, and if you prefer gurls, dun mind having him turned into a her. Pretty much open to most things not listed here too, just do an ask on your favourites! ^^
Backround: Folk Hero
Backstory:
Publically known:
Lord Andur Estevan is a legendary hero, once a simple farmer he picked up arms and defeated a mighty necromancer threatening his home. From thereon, his fame only grew, and it wasn't short before his very name send bandits and vagrants running. He isn't quite the king of his own country, but he occupies the highest rank his lowly birth allows him. And, if the princess was slightly.. well, alright, a lot more .. if the princess could stop shattering mirrors with her apperance, he'd likely be prince-in waiting of his own country. He seems content being a passive protector of his lands but the people's insistance and pleas guide him to take up many a duty beyond.

No evil can stand before Lord Estevan, that is the true conviction of those of his home-town and the surrounding areas, to such a degree that he's been blessed by mighty ancestral spirits defenses. He often appears to be moody and and tries to discourage people's respect of him, claiming he is just a lowly and quite lucky mortal.. of course, a hallmark of a true, humble hero.

Full Story
Andur Brownstone has both the worst and the best luck he could have ever imagined. He was just running away from a wicked necromancer and his creatures (and failing), when the guy groaned in pain, gripped his chest and then was wracked with dark magic and collapsed, together with most of his risen army.
Andur wasn't sure what had happened, knew nothing of black magic or what to make of this,.. so he decided to poke the corpse with a pitchfork to make sure he was dead, when some of the fearful militia approached and mistakenly, began praising him as a hero, the man that had slain the mighty necromancer and a whole undead army.
Sure, he could fight, ...somewhat... but he certainly was not some sort of hero or champion like everyone seemed to think... and the more he tried to tell people the more they just believed him humble.

Still, it didn't take long for him to be called to the kings palace.. only to have his little caravan attacked by bandits.. he barely held his own, cutting down one before being disarmed and, if not for the sacrifice of all of his guards, he'd have died too.. but as the last of his guards died driving off the heavily armed bandits, he stood alone, ready to admit his shame....
None would listen to his explanation. People just assumed that only he had been able to defeat this mighty group of bandits, were a whole squad of elite guard had failed.

This kind of coincidence continued, one situation leading to another, to build his ill-earned reptutation more and more. Admittedly, Andur was no fool, trying his best to learn both martial and magical skill, not because he wanted to be a hero, but becaue now -everyone- wanted a piece of him. And, for some reason, people kept asking his advice as well, skilled weaponmasters asking -him- to give them suggestions! He had no idea what to do about this.. but he did pick up a few things over time.
Once, an upstart kingsguard challenged him, displeased with him now technically being outranked through Estevan's knighing, so he challenged the man to a duell..
He long considered just withdrawing.. feignig illness.. but when he saw the hopeful look in some children's eyes in his audience, what could  he have done but try his best? He knew he'd fail. He drew his sword against the masterful duelist and hoped for the best - a swift defeat with little injury- but instead, the skilled man suddenly surrendered, claiming he could not read Estevan's masterfully bladework He had never seen someone that powerful have so many openings, which could only mean feints about feints and that any strike against the lord would mean his indubitable Defeat. And thus, Lord Andur's legend only grew...

Of course, not everyone fell for Sir Estevan's, as he was known by then, deception. A wizened old mage finally approached him, knowing of the truth.. but Andur's relief at finally having an 'out' from his unwanted (and dangerous) role of hero was sorely disappointed. The mage gifted him with a set of gloves that would give him the strength of a true hero.. and warned him to do his best from now on. There were toads involved in the mages warnings, although, later on, Aldur suspected this had been a joke.. he would not test that however.

Personality:
Lord Andur Estevan, the Hero, is a light of hope in dark times. Even greater monsters fear his name and if not for his strength, he is known for his honesty and sense of loyalty.
More
While it is true he is loyal and not a weakling, he is certainly NOT honest. Andur Estevan is painfully aware of his string of luck getting him to where he is at and his own shortcomings where men and creatures that could likely take him down easily fear not the man, but the reputation.
He is also aware that if he reveals he is not the hero everyone thinks him to be, that would cause strife and panic, ending up causing far more harm than keeping up his pretentious act. Alright, admittedly the willing females interested in him due to his noble standing do not -hurt- the matter.

Still, being treated as a hero and protector by everyone had a strange effect on the lowly farmer that once ran away from a mighty necromancer. Despite himself, he is slowly becoming the hero he pretends to be.

He isn't overly fond of being a hero, and quite afraid of a lot of things, even if he doesn's show such, but.. what little choice does he have? He gives people hope. So he has to be strong and unbeatable.. for them. And as much as he loathes risking his life against impossible odds, that is what he has to do.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 19 +4 (With Gaunlets of ogre power, 12 without) 
Dex 16 +3
Con 20 +5
Int 13 +1
Wis 9
Cha 9

HP: 71 (2d6+4d12 +30) Armor Class: 18 (20 with shield) Initiative Bonus: +3 Speed: 30 ft
Strong Saves: Strength, Constitution
Skill proficiencies:Animal Handling, Survival, Nature, Athletics, Deception
Feats: Lucky
Tool proficiencies: Vehicles (land)
Languages: Common and Dwarvish

Class Stuff: Spellcasting, Arcane Recovery, Arcane Tradition, Divination Savant, Portent, Rage 3/d, Unarmored Defense, Reckless Attack, Danger Sense, Primal Path (Ancestal Guardian), Ancestral Protectors, Attribute increase (+2 constitution)

Equipment and items: (725 sp +10 from backround:)
Belt pouch containing 5 silver, a dagger, an
explorers backpack
A set of artisan’s tools(Weaver), a shovel, an iron pot a set of common clothes, mess kit, tinderbox, ten torches, rations for 10 days, 40 ft of hempen rope, Waterskin
Greatsword
Shield (-10 sp)
Longsword (-15 sp)
Healer's kit (-5 sp)
Clockwork Amulet (-100 sp)
Alchemy Jug (-200 sp)
Gauntlets of Ogre-power (-400 sp)

(Note: Presumed 4 Javelins, and 10 ft of hempen rope used up in prior adventures. Because!)

Attacks
+7 Greatsword, 2d6 +4

Spellcasting Spellcasting modifier: 11
Cantrips:
Prestidigitation, Message, Fire bolt

Grade 1: Known: Alarm, Detect magic, Burning hands, Expedious Retreat, Sleep, Tenser's floating disk, Silent image, Grease
Usually prepared:
Sleep, Silent Image, Grease

Random notez!

Random vampire lewdz!

Aenon

Mirian Evenwood

Description: Her eyes are green, with subtle golden streaks. Depending on the situation, she is either dressed with her very provocative dress of excellent quality, or if she has to keep a low profile she wears a loose black hooded robe over her dress. Otherwise as in the picture.

Biography: Mirian (or Miri) was left in the steps of a temple dedicated to Sune. She never learned who her real parents were. She was raised to become a priestess, but while she was goodhearted, she never bothered to memorize even the simplest of prayers. In her dreams, a heavenly voice told her in a language that she knew from birth that her path wasn't that of a temple priestess. She knew that she could trust that voice. Guided by the voice, when she reached adulthood and was asked if she would join the temple, she rejected, surprising everyone.

She left the temple guided by Seraphina, the voice in her heard and celestial guide. She travelled the lands joining adventuring groups when she had to to fight evil, and leaving them when she had to stay behind to help the locals to recover from their ordeals.

Personality: Mirian is a champion of goodness. She loves watching happiness in others, and she will try her best to please everyone...sometimes even those who don't deserve it. She is aware of her weakness, but she doesn't really consider it a bad thing. Mirian is generally very brave, not because of her bloodline but as a product of continuously conquering her fears. She knows how to read people - a skill she has picked up from interacting with commoners. She is also very patient and tolerating - which is not always a good thing. The reason that she is dressing up, is because she has noticed that people seem to like her more when she is dressed like that, and she likes the attention. Having grown up in a temple of Sune, she isn't very shy and can laugh off lewd comments from the local village idiot. However she is generally pure, with her actual sex experience being limited to kissing. It isn't that she isn't intrigued by romance, but her continuous crusade for good leaves her little time for that.

Class/Level:  Sorcerer 6 (Divine Soul)
Race:  Protector Aasimar
Background:  Custom (Acolyte)
Alignment:  Chaotic Good

Attributes
Str:  12  ; Dex:  16;  Con:  16;  Int:  14;  Wis:  16;  Cha:  18

Stats
Armor Class:  13 (16 with mage armor)
Initiative:  +3
Passive Perception:  16
Hit Point Maximum:  38
Hit Dice:  6d6+18

Saves
Str: +1; Dex: +3;  Con: +6;  Int: +2;  Wis: +3;  Cha:  +7

Proficiencies:  Insight +6, Medicine +6, Perception +6, Persuasion +10
Tool Proficiencies: Cook’s utensils, Herbalism kit

Equipment Proficiencies: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

Languages:  Common, Celestial

Features & Traits:

Feats
  • Diplomat
    You master the arts of diplomacy, gaining the following benefits:

• Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
    • You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill. If you are already proficient in this skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
    • If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Persuasion check contested by the creature's Insight check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Aasimar

• Darkvision 60ft.
  • Resistance to radiant and necrotic damage
  • Healing Hands
    As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest
  • Radiant Soul
    Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to glimmer and two luminous, incorporeal wings to sprout from your back.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action.

During it, you have a flying speed of 30 feet, and once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.

Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Sorcerer (Divine Soul):

• Sorcery Points: 6
  • Metamagic: Empower, Quicken
  • Favored by the Gods
    Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destiny.

If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome.

Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
  • Empowered Healing

Equipment:  735 silver
Driftglobe 200sp
Wand of Magic Missiles 400sp
Antitoxin 50sp
Arcane Focus (Crystal) 10sp
Backpack 2sp
Pouch 5bp
Bedroll 1sp
Blanket 5bp
Waterskin 2bp
8 Rations 4sp
2 Healers Kit 10sp
Herbalism Kit 5sp
Cooks utensils 1sp
Clothes, fine 15sp
Robes 1sp
Soap 2cp
Mirror, Steel 5sp

Currency:  29 Silver, 7 Bronze, 8 Copper

Spells Spell Attack +7 / Save DC 15

Slots1st Level: 4/4; 2nd Lvl: 3/3; 3rd Lvl: 3/3

Spells Known:

Cantrips:

• Light
  • Prestidigitation
  • Chill Touch
  • Firebolt
  • Mending
  • Mold Earth

1st lvl:
  • Cure Wounds
  • Bless
  • Mage Armor
  • Guiding Bolt
2nd lvl:
  • Spiritual Weapon
  • Scorching Ray
3rd lvl:
  • Fireball
  • Blink

Roleplay Frog

Oh hi there Aenon so what is your character up to?

seriously though, looks like a yummy group, anyone wanna talk backstory-aquaintancing or maybe hopes/expectations whilest the DM eyes us suspiciously? ^^

Aenon

You will have to 'corrupt' her first for that O:)

Well mine and your character can just know each other from having gone to adventures together in the past.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Aenon on February 21, 2019, 08:12:01 PM
You will have to 'corrupt' her first for that O:)

Well mine and your character can just know each other from having gone to adventures together in the past.

Implying B would not consequentially lead to A.

:P Nah, My chars too CG to be -too- corruptive. Though hrmnn.. maybe a lil.. :P

Kathyan

Made some minor changes to my equipment, exchanged torches and rations for a lamp, oil and a set of divining cards (fake tarokka deck) so Ludovika will now be stealing food too :P

About characters knowing each other already I was thinking Ludovika would know the others from before albeit in disguise, could even involve different personas if the whole group does not know each other.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Kathyan on February 22, 2019, 04:26:44 PM
Made some minor changes to my equipment, exchanged torches and rations for a lamp, oil and a set of divining cards (fake tarokka deck) so Ludovika will now be stealing food too :P

About characters knowing each other already I was thinking Ludovika would know the others from before albeit in disguise, could even involve different personas if the whole group does not know each other.

'I got something to feed you right here' OwO

Aenon

Yeah...you will probably have to just be around to get free food xd

LisztesFerenc

Character sheet looks. How does Andur deal 2d6+7 damage with the greatsword?

Also, the background features may not work that well in Barovia, due to how isolated it is. But theres still a chance someone will have heard of you.

Other than that, it will be good to see a shared background worked out for the party. Hows the fluff coming GunmetalDreamer?

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 21, 2019, 04:38:43 PM(Note: Presumed 4 Javelins, and 10 ft of hempen rope used up in prior adventures. Because!)

In one incident? Or seperatly?

Aenon

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 22, 2019, 05:08:27 PM

Also, the background features may not work that well in Barovia, due to how isolated it is. But theres still a chance someone will have heard of you.

Other than that, it will be good to see a shared background worked out for the party. Hows the fluff coming GunmetalDreamer?

In one incident? Or seperatly?

Yeah I doubt there will be a temple of Sune in Barovia but we will survive without free rooms :P

From what I have gathered, me and Frog could have out chars be fellow adventurers, who happen to know Kathyan's char. Her char could also know GMD's char, and lets say she introdused her to us. How does that sound?

Kathyan

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 22, 2019, 04:28:53 PM
'I got something to feed you right here' OwO
Oh how nice, do you have something to drink as well? :P

Quote from: Aenon on February 22, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
Yeah...you will probably have to just be around to get free food xd
She can always steal or seduce for free food or lodging. I am not sure who is seducing who though in the case above. :P

GunmetalDreamer

Slow.  I probably shouldn't have said as much as I did, because the brain keeps wanting to think I've already done it.

Roleplay Frog

Ah! Simply, the way he does 7 damage is as follows: First, I apply his str-mod of 4, then I add in rage of 2, then, I am bad at math and edit my charsheet back to basic non raged- stats because I clearly dun know what I'm doing.

I'm fine with his backround not doing much, I assumed that to begin with.

QuoteIn one incident? Or seperatly?

Before he was capable of spellcasting, he lost three javelins fighting against what the villagers thought demons, in reality the shrub-creatures of a wicked and more than a little crazed druid.

He lost the fourth spear showing off at court where he accidentially tossed it onto the grounds of the elfen embassy. He was too emberassed to try and get it back, also the elves were looking at him like this. And he was not sure if this was flirting or murdering eyes, so yeah.

He lost ~6 feet of hempen rope tying up afformentioned druid in their sleep. (No they were not a cute bondage maiden, too old and smelly, most certainly), and he used up another 4 or so feet to construct an impromptu belt when he could not find his belt after a long drinking night.

QuoteOh how nice, do you have something to drink as well? :P

Oh yeah, I got a good drink for you right here.. the cap's a little stuck though, you might have to suckle on it.  (´・ω・`)

QuoteSlow.  I probably shouldn't have said as much as I did, because the brain keeps wanting to think I've already done it.

You can do it. I have faith! ^ (°.°) ^

GunmetalDreamer

Okie doke, it should be done now.

Switched out the Languages (forgot Vistani was Secret), the new ones are a bit of a stretch, but should be fine (I'll switch Draconian out for Infernal if that seems more Cult/Mad Wizardy to you).  Ended up settling for a +1 Weapon since I had to recoup some of my cash to get up to an Uncommon Magic item (and since Froggie beat me to the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and Aenon is charming enough to make the Lenses of Charming redundant, I couldn't justify scraping).

Oh, right, and I forgot 9 is actually a -1 stat.  I don't think I'll be grappling people into bite-time any time soon.

Stendarr

Can you guys sneak me in, or is it full?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 23, 2019, 06:05:40 PM
Okie doke, it should be done now.

Looks good. So her uncle was a vampire, or a vampire spawn?

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 23, 2019, 06:05:40 PMSwitched out the Languages (forgot Vistani was Secret), the new ones are a bit of a stretch, but should be fine (I'll switch Draconian out for Infernal if that seems more Cult/Mad Wizardy to you).

Either Infernal or Draconic works for a mad wizard cult.

Quote from: Stendarr on February 23, 2019, 08:11:17 PM

I have 4 players, I think I can handle 5.

Stendarr

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 24, 2019, 11:21:29 AM
I have 4 players, I think I can handle 5.

You're lovely. I'll try and make a character quick so I don't hold us up.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Stendarr on February 24, 2019, 11:49:31 AM

*Cracks frogwhip*

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 24, 2019, 11:21:29 AM
  Looks good. So her uncle was a vampire, or a vampire spawn?

Spawn.  Basically, there was a Master Vampire at one point, but he got kacked before she was born, which left his Spawn free-willed (though lacking in many of the iconic powers of vampire-kind ... like creating more spawn).  They started getting involved in Necromancy to try and cross the gap, and that spread out to their puppets at the top.

Quote from: Stendarr on February 24, 2019, 11:49:31 AM

Heyo Stendarr!

Stendarr

Work in progress for now.

Faila Agusta

Apperance:

History:

Personality:

Class/Level: Oath of Conquest Paladin 6
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Atributes:
Str: 10 Dex: 18 Con: 15 Int: 9 Wis: 12 Cha: 18

Saves:
Str: 0 Dex: +4 Con: +2 Int: -1 Wis: +4 Cha: +7

Armor Class: 16 + 2 (shield)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30'
Passive Perception: 11
Hit Point Maximum: 52
Hit Dice: 6d10
Proficiency Bonus: +3

Proficiencies: Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, Religion
Acrobatics (Dex): +4 Animal Handling (Wis): +1 Arcana (Int): -1 Athletics (Str): 0 Deception (Cha): +4 History (Int): -1 Insight (Wis): +4 Intimidation (Cha): +7 Investigation (Int): -1 Medicine (Wis): +1 Nature (Int): +1 Perception (Wis):: +1 Performance (Cha): +4 Persuasion (Cha): +7 Religion (Int): +2 Sleight of Hand (Dex): +4 Stealth (Dex):: +4 Survival (Wis): +1

Equipment Proficiencies: All weapons, all armor, shields

Languages: Common, Elvish, Celestial, Abyssal

Scourge Aasimar:
Darkvision
Celestial Resistance
Healing Hands
Light Bearer
Radiant Consumption

Paladin:
Divine Sense
Lay on Hands
Fighting Style - Dueling
Devine Smite
Extra Attack
Aura of Protection

Oath of Conquest:
Conquering Presence
Guided Strike

Feats:
War Caster

Acolyte:
Shelter of the Faithful

Attacks:
Rapier - +7 1d8+6 P

Equipment:  795 silver
Studded Armor 45
Rapier 25

Spell Save DC: 15
Slots: 4 First Level, 2 Second Level

Stats and Coin
Roll Result: Stendarr rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment: Stats
Result: 5, 6, 4, 5,
Total: 16

Result: 2, 6, 2, 2,
Total: 10

Result: 4, 5, 2, 5,
Total: 14

Result: 2, 6, 6, 6,
Total: 18

Result: 3, 4, 5, 2,

Result: 2, 1, 2, 5,

Roll Result: Stendarr rolled: 1d10
Comment: Gold
Result: 7,
Total: 7

Roll Result: Stendarr rolled: 5d4
Comment: Paladin Gold
Result: 1, 3, 2, 3, 3,

795 silver total

GunmetalDreamer

Stendarr

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 24, 2019, 04:38:12 PM
I'm not bitter.  Maybe a little envious.

Hey, one of those is a 16 with race bonus. Kathyan hit 20.

But yeah my rolls were pretty good.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Stendarr on February 24, 2019, 10:04:06 PM

*clears throat, makes amazing tank noises* Why that is correct, not only can I give y'all a free dodge plus resistance against the one I am fighting, I also have 20 cons to not die myself.

Kathyan

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on February 23, 2019, 06:05:40 PM
Oh, right, and I forgot 9 is actually a -1 stat.  I don't think I'll be grappling people into bite-time any time soon.
A 10 wouldn't have changed things too much but I think she can always receive some help.

Quote from: Stendarr on February 23, 2019, 08:11:17 PM
Helloo Stendarr.

Quote from: Stendarr on February 24, 2019, 10:04:06 PM

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 25, 2019, 06:51:04 AM
*clears throat, makes amazing tank noises* Why that is correct, not only can I give y'all a free dodge plus resistance against the one I am fighting, I also have 20 cons to not die myself.
I got a 5 as well. :P  but yeah we've got one paragon of physical resistance and one of magnetic personality.

By the way have anyone figured out if you know each other, I was thinking Ludovika could present herself as either a skilled swordswoman, a unscrupulous rogue, a traveling fortune teller or whatever else you would like to have previously met her as.

Aenon

I suggest that me and Frog know each other from previous adventuring, maybe even be in the same party locally famous when Kathyan finds us.

GMD could be an other expert Kathyan's char found especially for the purpose of hunting vampires

And Stendarr's char...Idk :P

Kathyan

Quote from: Aenon on February 25, 2019, 11:13:28 PM
I suggest that me and Frog know each other from previous adventuring, maybe even be in the same party locally famous when Kathyan finds us.
Oh you two would know from a previous party, it would be interesting if Ludovika could have spoken with some of their dead comrades, or even ne present when one of they died, and then present to you as their supposed fallen comrade. :P

GMD could be an other expert Kathyan's char found especially for the purpose of hunting vampires
I found GMD's character particularly interesting since she spoke barovian and vistani at first, and thought they could have been real close. Her languages have changedso I don't they be that close now but they can still be close friends.

And Stendarr's char...Idk :P
Hard to tell with no background details yet. :P but I'm still willing to share some recent background with him too.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Stendarr on February 24, 2019, 03:09:45 PM
Work in progress for now.

Faila Agusta

Looks good so far, and I really like the picture. Mechanically she will fit in fine and so just waiting on her background story.

Quote from: Kathyan on February 25, 2019, 11:36:45 PMI found GMD's character particularly interesting since she spoke barovian and vistani at first, and thought they could have been real close. Her languages have changedso I don't they be that close now but they can still be close friends.

Barovia isn't actually a language in this setting, its just a particularly thick dialect of the regional common, Lajdan. GMD remove Vistani because it was a secret language, but especially if she's friends with your character I don't mind if she starts with it. You can add that back in GMD.

Roleplay Frog

LisztesFerenc

Just need an idea of how everyone knows each other, if at all. Also some concrete examples of what everyone achieved would be helpful. I have some from Katarina and Andur. Then we can start with Ludovika bringing letters to the 4 other characters.

Aenon

Eh, I don't know. I mean 6 levels are a lot, there should be many adventures for someone to reach that point. I imagine Miri helped dealing with local threats, for example saving kidnapped ppl from goblins, etc etc, and when not adventuring she would cook/offer food to the poor, she would help heal injured villagers etc. Not exactly personal achievements.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aenon on February 26, 2019, 01:42:47 PM
Eh, I don't know. I mean 6 levels are a lot, there should be many adventures for someone to reach that point. I imagine Miri helped dealing with local threats, for example saving kidnapped ppl from goblins, etc etc, and when not adventuring she would cook/offer food to the poor, she would help heal injured villagers etc. Not exactly personal achievements.

Doesn't have to be every event, just 3 or so specific events. So Andur we have: killed the necromancer with a pitchfork, sole survivor of a bandit attack and intimidated a member of the kingsguard by drawing his sword and assuming a battle stance. There's obviously more, but naming those three events helps me imagine what their career as a adventurer has been like and also gives me some things to have NPC respond to.

So for Miri we have rescued people from zombies, feeds the poor. So one more. What's the toughest creature she's ever fought, alone or as part of a group?

Aenon

Lets say she had to 'dethrone' a corrupt mayor who tormented the villagers by persuading them to rebel. She helped the villagers to get rid of his hired bandits by burning them to death :P

Roleplay Frog

I have tons o' backstory ideas beyond whats posted, I just like developing them organically in game though. As indicated, Aldur ended up punching down people far above his weightclass due to sheer luck *nodnod*

Kathyan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on February 26, 2019, 01:59:06 PM
  Doesn't have to be every event, just 3 or so specific events. So Andur we have: killed the necromancer with a pitchfork, sole survivor of a bandit attack and intimidated a member of the kingsguard by drawing his sword and assuming a battle stance. There's obviously more, but naming those three events helps me imagine what their career as a adventurer has been like and also gives me some things to have NPC respond to.

So for Miri we have rescued people from zombies, feeds the poor. So one more. What's the toughest creature she's ever fought, alone or as part of a group?
Aw, how nice of Miri. She is so good.

On contrast and about Ludovika I'd say she probably would have made justice on her own hand and killed a few villagers and captured their shadows to impersonate them to help with her investigation. She would have investigated about werewolves in barovia too but would not have dared to kill any without the help of foreigners as to not draw the attention of Stradh towards herself. She would have messed with as much outsiders as she could and fooled about with them but she would also have joined a few of them in adventuring and was even able to go into Stradh's castle once. And when no outsiders showed up by themselves she would have traveled out of barovia to have some fun with them as well as tempting them into stepping into the mist realm.

LisztesFerenc

So Mirri and Andur know eachother, having shared an adventure or two, and Katarina knows Ludovika, or a disguise of hers. What about Faila?

Kathyan

If Katarina and Ludovika are close friends I think Kat could know about Ludovika's tendencies of stealing and disguising so she might know the real her since the beginning while others would only know a disguise of her. As I said before I think it would be fun that Ludovika could know Mirri and Andur as one of their old (and slain) party members. She could have been interacting with Falia too, once he is provided a background, perhaps at his church?

Chulanowa

LisztesFerenc

I think so for now Chulanowa I'm afraid, normally I wouldn't mind 6 players, but for gothic games I want to keep the number a little lower. I can however keep you in mind if a space opens up.

Roleplay Frog

Hmn. speaking about, anything more we need to set up?

Stendarr

I've got life stuff coming up and I'd probably hold you guys back. Imma pass on this one.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Stendarr on February 28, 2019, 08:55:05 AM
I've got life stuff coming up and I'd probably hold you guys back. Imma pass on this one.

Well, that's sad to see, but... good for me, I guess?  :-\

Kathyan

Quote from: Stendarr on February 28, 2019, 08:55:05 AM
Quote from: Chulanowa on February 28, 2019, 10:13:28 AM
Yeah a sort of mixed feelings.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 28, 2019, 08:30:27 AM
Hmn. speaking about, anything more we need to set up?
Perhaps things can be settled up while the fifth adventurer is ready and have him/her join us later that day?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 28, 2019, 10:13:28 AM

Will you be able to post regularly?

Chulanowa

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 28, 2019, 10:19:13 AM
Will you be able to post regularly?

Yes, actually.

Also this time I'm not making an old man who keeps butter in a satchel and uses "Mendiferous!" as an expression of joy and dismay.Mostly because you already took Wizard you rat bastard.

However I DO have to go to work in a few so can't hack out a character immediately, but what I CAN do is rolls.

At 2019-02-28 10:25:11, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
131429   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-28 10:25:08   At 2019-02-28 10:25:08, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
131428   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-28 10:25:06   At 2019-02-28 10:25:06, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
131427   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-28 10:25:03   At 2019-02-28 10:25:03, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
131426   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-28 10:24:57   At 2019-02-28 10:24:57, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
131425   Noone or Anyone   2019-02-28 10:24:39   At 2019-02-28 10:24:39, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 7

Or I guess I can make an NPC, does anyone want a one-legged half-blind gnomish barkeep tagging along?  ;D Damn, usually I roll crazy.

Roleplay Frog

Oh I just really wanted the portent ability. One of the few occasions where I want a nat 1 to save up and hand out...

LisztesFerenc

Yeah, Frog's character is only 33% wizard. A human is 50% half-elf, for a useless comparison.

As for the stats, not the best, but still, a 16 before racial stat mods is better than you can do with point buy.

Roleplay Frog

In a nutshell, my build goes like this in a combat scenario

step 1: rage and chaerge the biggest, disapproving looking thing, thanks to ancestral guardian I give everyone resistance plus dodge actions if my newest best friend tries to attack 'em.

step 2: Apply rerolling ability as required to rp lucky hero and also help myself survive as I should be in the midst of things according to step 1.

Step 3: Apply sharp object to sort out dissent.

Repeat step 1 and 3 as necessary until A) all bad things are subdued, B) My character is knocked out and captured by a futanari-werewolf or C) Overwhelming odds against pc's are established, begin advancing in the direction opposite to the enemy.
I can do some spellcasting, but I see that primarly as utility and support, not necessarily stand back and blast or even eldritch knightly stand at the edges and blast. I mean, fed my AC up for a reason! :P

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 28, 2019, 10:42:55 AM
In a nutshell, my build goes like this in a combat scenario

step 1: rage and chaerge the biggest, disapproving looking thing, thanks to ancestral guardian I give everyone resistance plus dodge actions if my newest best friend tries to attack 'em.

I assume you know this and just left out the details for brevity's sake, but just to be clear: you have to hit to ensure your allies are defended so, if you miss the enemy is unhindered. Reckless attack and portent can help with this though.

My plan is to open with two group, in group one Katarina will be approached by Ludovika with a letter, whilst in group two the rest of the players should be together, as they know eachother prior to the game starting. After a brief intro scene,  Katarina and Ludovika will join them, and Ludovika will give the rest of the party their letters.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteReckless attack and portent can help with this though.

Luck feat, reckless attack, portent and strong physical scores should do the trick, yes.

Dun forget a plan to include Chula's character, also, heads up, Kath, Aenon and I are discussing if prior knowledge could be established there too.

*shrugs* either way, happy to go with whatever you think best for the planning, for my part. ^^

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on February 28, 2019, 11:45:33 AM
Luck feat, reckless attack, portent and strong physical scores should do the trick, yes.

Dun forget a plan to include Chula's character, also, heads up, Kath, Aenon and I are discussing if prior knowledge could be established there too.

*shrugs* either way, happy to go with whatever you think best for the planning, for my part. ^^

I imagine Chula's character would be in the second group, with you and Aenon, though that will need to be worked in. If not, I can work something else out. They could also have been with Katarina when Ludovika.

And yeah, the two groups can also establish some backstory connections too, that's absolutly fine.

Chulanowa

Absurdly long day.
Character on Friday.

...Willing to take requests for class though, I'm flexible.   ;D

Chulanowa

I still have to get her gear settled away (with a total of 647 SP) and such, but this is what I've got thus far!

Basically, she's a very large toolbox; supplemental healing! Extra damage! Wild Shape hijinks! 100% the cuddliest person in the party 'cause it's Ravenloft we will need cuddles.

I'm always uncertain when running with the hermit background because their background feature is so vague. I'd love if the DM has something for me on that score  ;D

Name: Ula Rill
Class:
Race: Firbolg
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Hermit
Backstory: When she was very young, the Spirit-Speakers of her tribe saw her duty; she was chosen to care for the Mother In the Mountain, a craggy outcropping on the edge of the tribe's territory. when she was old enough, the shaman took her there, and began teaching her the duties; proper rites and prayers to appease the Mother of the tribe, and how to glean sustenance from the land. One by one the teachers left, to return to their business, until Ula was alone, a young woman guarding a lonely mountain shrine. it was her duty, and she was honored! It wasn't so lonely when you have trees and stones and animals to speak to, even if htey never spoke back.
   At least, until the catastrophe. Whether through erosion or fate, Ula woke in the middle of one night to a horrendous crash and a cloud of dust blotting the stars. in the morning she saw what had happened; the Mother in the Mountain had collapsed! For a time, Ula tried to carry on like nothing was amiss, but worry and fear began to set in; had she wronged the mountain? were the ancestors angry? Afraid, she fled. Not to her people, no, but away. Far from the tribe's lands, and into what some might call "civilization."
   The Small Ones are frankly, terrifying. So hurried, so loud, so short-sighted! Somehow, she managed to get on well with a few of them though, and has been the quiet  curiosity among them since. Maybe someday they'll calm down and listen more to what she has to say...

Personality:
   Ula isn't standoffish so much as shy and uncomfortable around strangers; so long tending a mountainside and keeping her own company have made it hard for her to really articulate what's on her mind, and the Small Ones' reaction to her has made her rather self-conscious anyway. She's more confident when she's wearing the illusion of one of them, but unfortunately, even with her time among the small Ones, she's not very good at impersonating them, and tends to exaggerate her human-ness (or whatever-ness.) it's worse when she tries to disguise herself as a man. Still, she's a loyal companion and gives the impression of a stone in a storm when there's conflict, calm and measured, always seemingly unhurried. That's not always true, but she makes it a good effort to make it seem like it is! Has a bad habit of trying to tell complicated stories and meandering off the point.

Description: 
   In her natural form, Ula is an immense woman, standing seven and a half feet tall, with curves in proportion. Her hair is thick and olive-brown, streaked with mossy green, and is kept in a loose, ropy braid behind her shoulders. besides her size, her obvious difference is her face; Her eyes are almond-shaped, bright green with rectangular pupils, paired with drooping, fuzz-lined ears and a broad, almost deerlike nose. She's not unattractive, if you don't mind the fine velvety covering of pale brown fuzz all over her, but she is... different.
   To avoid standing out too much, she often uses her Disguise Self ability to take the appearance of humans, elves, orcs, bugbears, or basically any other fair-sized humanoid she's seen and feels like impersonating at that moment. It doesn't always work out like she hopes, but it's usually enough to keep gawkers from staring at her in a tavern.

HP: 55
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
Prof. Bonus: +3
PP: 18

Strength 12 (+1)
Save: +1
Athletics +1
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Save: +2
Acrobatics +2
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Constitution 17 (+3)
Save: +3

Intelligence 10 (+0)
Save: +3
Arcana +3
History +0
Investigation +0
Nature +3
Religion +0
Wisdom 20 (+5)
Save: +8
Animal Handling +5
Insight +8
Medicine +5
Perception +8
Survival +5
Charisma 7 (-2)
Save: -2
Deception -2
Intimidation -2
Performance -2
Persuasion -2

Other Proficiencies & Languages
Herbalism Kit
Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
Clubs, Daggers, Darts, Javelins, Maces, Quarterstaffs, Scimitars, Sickles, Spears
Common, Elvish, Giant, Druidic, Sylvan, Halfling

ATTACKS:
Staff +4 (1d6+1 Bludgeoning | Versatile; 1d8+1 Bludgeoning)
Sling +5 (1d4+2 bludgeoning | Ammunition; 30/120 range)

Racial Features
• Firbolg Magic You can cast Detect Magic and Disguise Self with this trait, using Wisdom as your spellcasting ability for them. Once you cast either spell, you can't cast it again with this trait until you finish a short or long rest. When you use this version of disguise self, you can seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal, allowing you to more easily blend in with humans and elves.

• Hidden Step As a bonus action, you can magically turn invisible until the start of your next turn or until you attack, make a damage roll, or force someone to make a saving throw. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

• Powerful Build You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

• Speech of Beast and Leaf You have the ability to communicate in a limited manner with beasts and plants. They can understand the meaning of your words, though you have no special ability to understand them in return. You have advantage on all Charisma checks you make to influence them.

Background Feature: Discovery
The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who or consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Work with your DM to determine the details of your discovery and its impact on the campaign.

Druid Circle: Moon
Combat Wild Shape
When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain the ability to use Wild Shape on your turn as a bonus action, rather than as an action.

Additionally, while you are transformed by Wild Shape, you can use a bonus action to expend one spell slot to regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.

Circle Forms
The rites of your circle grant you the ability to transform into more dangerous animal forms. Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Wild Shape to transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as 1. You ignore the Max. CR column of the Beast Shapes table, but must abide by the other limitations there.

Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down.

Primal Strike
Starting at 6th level, your attacks in beast form count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.

Equipment
• Wooden Shield (10 SP)
• Leather armor (10 GP)
• Explorer's Pack (Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.) (10 GP)
• Set of Common clothes (5 BP)
• Sprig of Misletoe (Druidic Focus) - 1 SP
• Herbalism Kit (5 GP)
• Blanket (5 BP)
Magical items
• Sending Stones (Minor uncommon item) (200 SP)
• Robe of Useful Items (Minor uncommon Item) (200 SP)
• Heward's Handy "Tea" Pouch (common item) (100 SP)
• Staff of Birdcalls (common item) (100 SP)

LisztesFerenc

Looks good Chulanowa, never had a Firbolg player before. I'll see what I can do with the collapsing mountain and the Discovery background feature. How many years ago do you imagine it happened?

Seems the players are mostly ready, I'll PM people to see what they will be doing as the game opens.

Chulanowa

Oh, I dunno, I guess it depends on how years-to-levels average out? How long they've been acting as a group too (reminds me, gotta dream up some relationships for that)

As for the hermit background stuff, i thought a lot of these seemed kinda neat, but I imagine it's very much a campaign-specific sorta thing

And yeah, definitely a Firbolg fan; but hten I'm easily bored with humans / elves, and have been playing halflings nonstop for... forever. Why not an eight-foot Bear / Cow / Minnesotan character?

LisztesFerenc

Years-to-levels can depend on the character, are they pushing themselves hard or taking it mor easy? Generally I'd say a level would represent 6 months to 5 years of ingame time.