The Wandering (NC, Extreme, FULL)

Started by Lipstick Epitaph, January 20, 2014, 10:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipstick Epitaph

THE WANDERING
a post-apocalyptic survival story seeking female lead characters.
male side characters welcome

Listen close; you might only ever get to hear this once.  Things are different now. They say it began in the Arctic Ocean, up past the wastes that used to be the Canadian wilds. An oil drilling and refining company discovered what they said to be a new deposit of fossil fuel – the blood of the old world. The international groups made up of the old nations debated feverishly over whether or not extraction should be allowed – but at the end of the day the wild life preservation initiative lost out to the commercial industries. It wasn’t only years later that we found it that it wasn’t oil. The drilling teams had discovered something.  Something that had been there beneath the ocean floor for a long, long time. The old nations leaders masked the discovery and convinced the citizens of their territories that the work being done in the Arctic would mean more comfortable lives for everyone, but they could only hide the truth for so long. The first incident occurred in an area called Toronto, Canada and spread down through the United States of America in a number of days.  It was the first swarm of the Wandering. You’ve fought them.  You’ve seen what they can do, but you might not understand what they really are. Listen close and tell the people that come after you. There aren’t many of us left. The Wandering are a sort of creature that were here a long time before we were. You have probably figured out by now that they get inside you. They get inside your body and they change you. They control the minds and the bodies of men. It’s different for women; something in the chemistry. Sometimes, we can fight it. Sometime we can win. The Lost… they’re not human anymore.  They used to be, but not anymore. You can never get them back, not ever. Not just people – animals too. It’s in the eyes. Look for the eyes. That isn’t the worst. They can change things inside you – breed with anything. There are nests in the old cities where they keep women… Stay away from the cities. I don’t know when or where you’ll be listening to this, but by now there can’t be much left. The soldiers tried to take war to them, but that sort of thing didn’t work. Once we woke them up, they used our sewers and our water. They were everywhere at once. There is no front line. There is no war. Things are different now, but we’re different too.

Stay away from the oil.
Never stop fighting.

The story revolves around four women who travel together, moving from camp to camp, survivor colony to survivor colony, on their way to New York City.

CHARACTER ROLES TO FILL
It often takes an event so extraordinary that many must perish in order to find those few who are extraordinary, themselves.

Lead Story Teller: Lipstick Epitaph
Guest Story Teller: EMPTY

London: Played by Lipstick Epitaph

London is a strong leader and ambitious woman who has taken it upon herself to do more than survive in a world of monsters. She has decided her life to liberating the women kept as breeding stock by The Wandering in the ruins of old New York City. Though she was only in high school when the creatures first appeared, survival in a dangerous world has made her into a resourceful and resilient woman. She has developed strong skills with a variety of firearms and in hand to hand combat. She remains calm while in danger and prefers caution, but is unafraid to take risks for the well being of others.

Paris: Played by Foxy Oni

Paris is a French woman who survives upon the kindness (more often the predictable desires) of strangers. The gorgeous blonde is alive because of her ability to manipulate the emotions of others, and feels no shame (or at least enough to die over) in using the appeal of her body to garner the protection of others and get them to do her fighting for her. She seldom goes hungry or sleeps alone in a group or community. Though frail, she is not entirely without the capacity for violence, but depends upon being in an advantageous position before ever considering violence to get what she wants. She is traveling to NY in order to find her father, the one and only person she can really love.

Vegas: Crasey

Vegas is an American who manages to be alive, despite seeming to have a death wish. The pink haired teenager might not see much to purpose in life, but the good news is that she hates The Wandering more than she hates herself. This girl grew up in The World After, and does not remember that much of the Old World. She gets her thrill from sex and violence, and isn't afraid to dive head long into a situation that often seems like suicide. Vegas is sexually promiscuous and bounces emotionally from obsession to the next. She is traveling to NY because it is believed that there is an un-detonated nuclear warhead in the city. She has been tasked with detonating it.

Charlotte: Dashenka

Charlotte is an American country girl who developed strong survival skills at an early age and used those skills to keep herself alive. She grew up on a farm and in the forest, knows how to hunt wild game, set snares and traps, grow food, and find water with more proficiency than many others. Blessed with extraordinarily good eyesight, she keeps and maintains a rifle she inherited from her father, after he was infected by The Wandering, raped her, and she was forced to kill him in order to survive. Charlotte is a romantic at heart, and hopes to find love despite the world she lives in. She is traveling to NY with London because she owes her a debt.

Foxy DeVille

Ooooooo... sounds intriguing! I'd be up for playing Paris.

Lipstick Epitaph

I read some of your posts and I like your writing!
She's all yours.

AurelieCatena

I might be interested to play Charlotte, but I'd like fire to get some feeling about what their adventures will be like. Will the encounter Wanderers? In that case, who will play them? You mention "Extreme" (that's what attracted me), but why? What kind of horrors are likely to happen?

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: AurelieCatena on January 21, 2014, 02:37:42 AM
I might be interested to play Charlotte, but I'd like fire to get some feeling about what their adventures will be like. Will the encounter Wanderers? In that case, who will play them? You mention "Extreme" (that's what attracted me), but why? What kind of horrors are likely to happen?

I will be acting as the story teller, of course!
We will also have guest story tellers from time to time (so that I get to play some too!)

In terms of the story and the types of things that will happen - I'd love this to range very broadly to include romance, rape, bestiality, and some elements of tentacle play. The Wandering are a very amorphous sort of creature, that can inhabit the bodies of other creatures, but also exists as a mass of black cells that can join together. The larger the group, the more intelligent the thing becomes. So, you might have small snake-like groups that act like animals, but then much larger gatherings of the creature that can think and even plan against the characters.

There is also an element of the characters dealing with other people, and what a terror that can be in survival stories - being raped, having to prostitute ourselves, things like that.

I don't want to pigeon hole this story into too much of a one trick pony, but I want a healthy balance of adventure and twisted kinky things.

arkhos

Sounds like a very intriguing premise, LE.

I'd like to toss my hat into the ring for one of your possible male side characters. :) Happy to fill-in wherever necessary.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: arkhos on January 21, 2014, 12:39:28 PM
Sounds like a very intriguing premise, LE.

I'd like to toss my hat into the ring for one of your possible male side characters. :) Happy to fill-in wherever necessary.

-ark

That's wonderful! Once I fill the lead roles, I'll let you know what character(s) we need for where we are at in the story.

arkhos

Quote from: Lipstick Epitaph on January 21, 2014, 12:45:28 PM
That's wonderful! Once I fill the lead roles, I'll let you know what character(s) we need for where we are at in the story.

Awesome. And I totally understand if you get other apps that you like better, no problem. I will keep an eye on this thread, though. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: arkhos on January 21, 2014, 01:14:02 PM
Awesome. And I totally understand if you get other apps that you like better, no problem. I will keep an eye on this thread, though. :)

-ark

I think there will be plenty for you to do.
Don't worry!

Crasey

I'm so into Vegas. Anyone who bothers going through the effort to have pink hair in a world that's torn apart by alien goo rape zombies is a kind of psychotic bad-ass I'd like to experiment with.  :P

AurelieCatena

Sorry, this is too exotic for me (tentacles, etc.). I wish you all a lot of fun with this game.

Dashenka

I quite like the looks of this.

I'm up for Charlotte. I got a thing for country girls :D
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Crasey on January 22, 2014, 02:09:19 AM
I'm so into Vegas. Anyone who bothers going through the effort to have pink hair in a world that's torn apart by alien goo rape zombies is a kind of psychotic bad-ass I'd like to experiment with.  :P

That sounds great :)

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Dashenka on January 22, 2014, 02:09:03 PM
I quite like the looks of this.

I'm up for Charlotte. I got a thing for country girls :D

Wonderful :)

Robyn Hood

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Robyn Hood on January 23, 2014, 10:23:14 AM
This is full now then?

We are full for the moment, but if we expand the game, you will be the first to know!

Ana Luusi

Full up? *pouts*

If there's any changes to that, let me know! I'll be watching this space.

Robyn Hood

Quote from: Lipstick Epitaph on January 23, 2014, 03:55:31 PM
We are full for the moment, but if we expand the game, you will be the first to know!

Ok, thanks ^_^

Lipstick Epitaph

Okay! Player check-in!

You girls feeling good?

Foxy DeVille

Crasey

Dashenka

Checking in! Let's rock and roll. *reloads the sniper rifle*
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Lipstick Epitaph

Wonderful!

I will start up our first post when I wake up!
I'm excited!

Lipstick Epitaph

Quote from: Ana Luusi on January 23, 2014, 04:39:56 PM
Full up? *pouts*

If there's any changes to that, let me know! I'll be watching this space.

Please do keep an eye out!