[Pathfinder] The Half-Dead City (Interest / Recruitment)

Started by Chulanowa, February 08, 2015, 01:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garuss Vakarian

OyabunKobold

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Thorne

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 10, 2015, 12:35:07 AM
-snickers.-  Not at all, Thorne.  Honestly, I don't blame you in the least, trying to find a female Tiefling that's not hyper-sexualized and ruby red is nigh on impossible.

Don't start me. I've found a few, but they're rare.

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on February 10, 2015, 12:38:52 AM
Thorn: I think your avatar is a possibility, sure theres the extreme close up, but it seems pretty much fine for a teifling.

Thanks! I painted that specifically for Avatar use though, and I don't have an un-zoomed version.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on February 10, 2015, 04:49:33 AM
Thanks by the way for the Personality gen link :P its fun to use lol

You're welcome.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Autocad

Nestor
Human Paladin (Undead Scourge) 1

Background: What's the matter, lad? Wondering what an old knight like me is doing in this desert shithole? Pull up a chair and grab a drink, then, if you're still listening.

Once upon a time, in the land of Avistan far to the north of here, there lived a young lord who was ruler over his small, peaceful realm. Land, power, wealth - all was his, and he lacked for nothing - even had a pretty wife and a beautiful infant daughter who were the joys of his life. A second child was on the way, and he decided that he needed a larger castle as befit his station and his growing family. He had the perfect location for his new home in mind too, a piece of land that had laid fallow for decades. The local farmers dared not farm it or let their animals graze in it, claiming an ancient curse. Well, the young lord took one look at the bunch of old fat fools, who had been living all their lives next to this piece of supposedly cursed land with no ill effect, and promptly decided to ignore their peasant superstitions.

When the new castle was half finished, a traveling caravan of Varisians passed through the lord's domain. Their fortune-teller warned him to stop what he was doing and tear down the half-built structure, but he knew better than to listen to gypsy nonsense and sent them away.

The day came when the castle was finally finished and the lord moved in with all his family and his court. That night, a thick fog set in and the guards reported seeing shapes move in the darkness - but he paid them no heed, dismissing them as the hallucinations of half-asleep guards in an unfamiliar new place seeing things that weren't there in the fog.

The next day came and all was as it was supposed to be - and then the next night fell, the night of the new moon. At midnight, the whole castle was woken by the screams of men and the din of desperate battle. The lord had built his castle directly on the grounds of an ancient battlefield, and the fallen warriors of eons past were rising up as undead, disturbed by the desecration of this resting ground. He ordered the gates shut, abandoning those outside to their gruesome fates, to wait out the siege until morning brought the relief of the sun. But it was in vain, for the undead were rising inside the castle itself, not even the stone slabs of the floor able to keep them down. For hours the lord fought, until finally he was victorious, he alone standing as the sole survivor in a sea of dead.

The lord rushed to his chambers, where he had bid his pregnant wife lock herself and their daughter in for their own safety. He opened the door only to be greeted by a terrible sight - the babe's face smothered by a pillow, and his wife dangling from the chandelier, a noose around her neck and an overturned stool below her feet. He fell upon his sword, to join his loved ones in the afterlife, but as he blood spread in a growing pool, the first rays of dawn shone upon his face and snatched him from the jaws of the death. The young lord finally understood - this was his punishment, three warnings he had been given and three warnings he had ignored, and now he would not be allowed to die until he had fulfilled the penance for his crimes: to carry the Dawnflower's purifying light into the dark corners of the earth and cleanse the taint of undead wherever it may be found.

So rest up, lad. Tomorrow, we carry out the Dawnflower's work.

Personality: Haven't you been listening, lad? All that's left for the young lord - not so young anymore, heh - is to bring the second and final death to those that don't die after being killed. Do you hate the undead with all your heart, all your mind, and all your strength, too? Then we can be best friends - wait what, you're just here for the treasure? Stay out of my way then, and we can still get along just fine.

Gender and Orientation: All work and no play makes Nestor a crazy boy. Or just crazier than he already is, you're probably thinking. Well, let me tell you the one perk about this life. Til death do us part - and Golarion has a lot of women to offer, if you get what I mean.

Appearance: Are you blind, boy? Look well, for a finer specimen of an Ulfen gentleman you'll not find anywhere. Though I could use a bit less gray and a bit more gold in my beard... This red beret? Picked it up from a trader somewhere. No, it doesn't represent anything special. Yes, I know it looks awesome. No, you may not have it, 'borrowing' or otherwise.

Sheet:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1120567

Chulanowa

Oooooh. I've always wanted to use that image for something, Autocad. Glad to see someone giving it a hopme  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, may apply here. If have time for make the char....I plan abuse that char personality generator what Thorne linked  >:)

ChaoticSky

Done. finally @_@

Name: Semma
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Calistria
Level: 1
Oracle D8

Bio
Background
Semma was born in Wati, the Half City, which stands divided between the living and the dead. Death is never far away from the thoughts of those who live in the shadow of the necropolis, and it seeps into everything, from the faiths the natives cling to, to the goods they export. But there is more to Wati than death; it is a city in the Osirian desert, and it sits upon the shores of the River Sphinx. Sun, sand, fire, water, and more. Semma grew up in the northern Asp, in the shadow of the necropolis, its dark shadow stretching across her future.

...Until it was burned away. Over a decade ago now, a terrible fire sparked to life in the area, and consumed all that it could before finally being stopped. Her family home was lost, her parents dead, and she herself was blinded by fire and smoke, her memory stolen by the haze. The only survivor from her neighbourhood,  Semma was found in a crawlspace between two collapsed walls, miraculously unharmed by the fire save for her eyes. Healers tried to restore the girl's vision but both magic and medicine failed to have any effect. Luckily however, she was saved from the fate of a blind and shunned waif by a priestess of Calistra who perhaps recognized her condition, or sensed the growing potential for divine magic within the girl. The faith of Calistra is not a especially popular religion in Wati, but the city's deathly shroud causes many to cling all the more fiercely to life and the many mourners bring a steady stream of grudges to be satisfied. As a result, while small, the Temple of Calistra does a brisk trade and is quite wealthy, despite a dearth of actual faithful. It was this same temple that functionally adopted Semma.

The girl was raised by the sacred prostitutes and clergy of the temple, and raised well... at leased by the slanted measure of Calistra. In addition, Semma's vision has slowly improved over the years, casting her world in what she interprets as 'ashen hues' instead of normal sight, and while light and darkness don't seem to affect her, there is a finite range on her vision of about thirty feet. In addition, she has begun to manifest basic divine magic, though her method confounds her new family as she doesnt have to pray for spells as a Cleric might, they have largely given up trying to decipher her power and simply accept that she is what she is. Whatever that is. The sole concerning fact is that her power seems somehow connected to fire, it was no mere chance she survived a conflagration that killed dozens, and tests since then, both subtle and not have confirmed that she is very resistant to being burned. Speculation holds that her power has something to do with the fire that killed her family, though none can say if the fire imprinted on her power... or if her power caused the fire. The latter is a possibility that Semma considers too terrible to face and the Temple it's self keeps this secret close, fortunately after so many years, none could say that Semma was the same girl who survived that long ago blaze.

Now that the servants of Pharasma are calling for adventurers to delve into the depths of the Necropolis, Semma feels that it is time for her to step out of her comfortable life and follow the call of the flame in her heart.

Personality
On the surface Semma is a nice girl, freewheeling and largely carefree, she makes no small mount of effort to befriend everyone she meets. Alot of this comes from her upbringing in Wati's temple of Calistria, as a child her many 'aunts' were always kind and wise, gently instructing the girl in the ways of the world and their goddess, they taught her that every meeting was a chance to build something wonderful and unique. So Semma tends to default to assuming the best of people and being friendly, flirty and supportive, unless given reason to act otherwise. By similar logic, and for similar reason, shes very casually amorous in her manner and dress, and while she is generally open to any given liaison, its not actually something she can 'turn off' easily. Which does occasionally cause problems when her mind is on other matters.

Beneath her cheerful smile however, Semma struggles beneath the weight of her power and the curse that comes with it. While the temple that took her in was always supportive and kept her secrets well, that does little to assuage her fears that the fire was her fault. Additionally, while she was blind at first, she has regained her sight... in a way, but is still sensitive about its limits and works hard to try and conceal her handicap. Finally she fears her power its self, she doesnt know where it comes from, how or why she gained it and fears her ultimate purpose... if indeed it has one. She fights this fear by embracing fire in its passionate, creative and protective aspects. A flame to incite the soul, enflame the passions, and drive back the night.

...And one day she might even believe it. For now she steps out of her former, relatively sheltered life with as much boldness as she can muster, to heed the call of the servants of Pharasma and do some good.

Orientation: Pansexual.

Stats
Abilities
Str   : 10 (2) 10(0point)
Dex : 14 (2) 14(5point)
Con:  13 (1) 13(3point)
Int   : 12 (1) 12(2point)
Wis:  10 (0) 10(0point)
Cha:  18 (4) 16(10point)+2(race)

Derived Stats
Bab: +0
Fort: 1 (+0Class+1Con)
Ref : 2 (+0Class+2DexB)
Will: 2 (+2Class+0WisB)
CMB: 0 (+0BAB+0StrB)
CMD:12 (10+0BAB+0StrB+2DexB)
AC : 16 (10+2DexB+4Armour)

HP: 10/10

Skills

Acrobatics (Dex) 4 1+3class
Climb (Str)
Craft (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha) 4 1+3class
Heal (Wis)
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge (history) (Int)
Knowledge (local) (Int) 1 1trait
Knowledge (planes) (Int)
Knowledge (religion) (Int) 4 1+3class
Perform [Dance] (Cha) 4 1+3class
Profession (Wis)
Sense Motive (Wis) 4 1+3class
Spellcraft (Int)

Languages: Common, Necril

Features, Feats & Traits

Features
Human
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft land
Languages: Common
Ability Score: +2 choice [Cha]
Feat&Skill: Bonus Feat
Heart Of the Sun: Hot climate are one category less severe. +2fort to resist hot climate, poison and swarm/vermin Distract ability.
Favoured Class: Oracle: +1spellknown, lvl less than max. +0spells/+0SP/+1HP
Oracle
Proficiency: All simple weapons. Light & medium armour, shields (except tower).
Spells:Casts  divine spells from cleric spell list. Can cast any spell known without  preparing it. Must have Cha at least 10+spell level. DCs for a saves is 10+spell level+ChaB. Dont need a divine focus to cast spells with (DF) components.
Mystery: Flame
=Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Intimidate, and Perform.
=Spells: burning hands (2nd), resist energy (4th), fireball (6th), wall of fire (8th), summon monster V (fire elementals only, 10th), fire seeds (12th), fire storm (14th), incendiary cloud (16th), fiery body (18th)
=Revelations (DC to save against revelations is 10+1/2 oracle lvl+ChaB)
-Molten Skin (Ex): Gain Resist Fire 5. Increases to 10 at 5th lvl and 20 at 11th. At 17th level, gain Immunity to fire.
Oracle’s Curse (Ex): Clouded Vision
=Darkvision: 30ft. Blind beyond that.

Feats
-Improved Initiative: +4 Init.
-Combat Casting: +4 concentration when casting defensively or grappled.

Traits
+Charming: +1 bonus on Bluff/Diplomacy checks and DC of Language-dependent spells on those who find you attractive.
+Desperate Focus: +2 Trait Bonus on all Concentration checks.
+Wati Native: +2 vs Fear. +1 Knowledge(local)and classskill
Magic
Spells
0 ∞
-Detect Magic
-Mending
-Purify Food and Drink
-Spark
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{Cure Light Wounds
-Summon Monster I
-Detect Undead
Equipment

Weapons [9 lbs]
Heavy Mace (1d8 Bashing. 20×2 Crit. 8 lbs)
Dagger (1d4 Pierce/Slash. 19–20×2 Crit. 10 ft Range. 1 lb)

Armour [20 lbs]
Armoured Coat (+4 AC. +3MaxDex. -2CheckPen. 20 ft Speed. 20 lbs. Donning/Removing is Move Action)

Items [22 lbs]
Kit, Oracle's [17 lbs]
-Backpack
-Bedroll
-Belt Pouch
-Candles (10)
-a flint and steel
-Iron Pot
-Mess Kit
-Rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-Waterskin.
Kit, Courtesan's [5 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

Misc

Gold
+Starting [105]
-Kit, Oracle's [9]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]
-Mace, Heavy [12]
-Dagger [2]
-Armour Coat [50]
> 22g

EXP: 0

Wanted Lists (stuff to remember for when i get some money)
Gear ideas
-Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)
-Belt Of Incredible Dex: +2/4/6 Str
-Headband of Alluring Charisma: +2/4/6 Cha
-Bag Of Holding I: Contains: 250lb, 30 ft3. 15lb
-Ring of Protection: +2/4/8 AC
-Chaos Emerald: Various abilites, with a limited pool of use.
-Light Mace once I get Finesse and more Dex.

Feat Ideas
-Spell Penetration
-Warrior Priest
-Divine Protection
-Extend Spell
-Empower Spell
-Weapon Finesse

Notes

Chulanowa

Just a reminder, I'm taking characters until Sunday, so anyone who wants to get one in has two days to throw one into the pile.

Bibliophilia

-stacks the characters into a tidy cuddle pile.-

-also makes them all gerbils.-

Dakkon

If only I hadn't at least skimmed all of modules... I think this will be a great AP for you! I'm not going to toss a character in, since I know the plot, but I will be following and reading!

Thorne

Fixed the image thing. Working on a better one, but for now, live with my inability to manage color effectively. ;p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

OyabunKobold

Im good to go everything's done cept the last description for Annot. Ill add it in at a later date if needbe if the game starts before.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chulanowa

I will be deciding on characters at Midnight Pacific time; ten hours and fifty-two minutes left!

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 15, 2015, 03:08:07 PM
I will be deciding on characters at Midnight Pacific time; ten hours and fifty-two minutes left!

My char is complete chul by the way ready for review. Only thing Ill be adding later is a Description like the one Sati has for Annot which wont change anything really about my char.

Work just has been killing me its almost over though! tuesday is the last day of mardi gras!

Chulanowa

Oh! That means today is Joe Cain day. I kinda miss moon pies. Getting hit in the face by the things, not so much...

Thorne

I'm done - unless there are questions, in which case, I will be an open book, as long as I'm not ears deep in players trying to feed me a line. ^.~
(which I am okay with. Just, you know, I wish they wouldn't whine and hold things up for half an hour when I tell them 'no, it doesn't work like that'. ..)

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Thorne on February 15, 2015, 03:21:49 PM
I'm done - unless there are questions, in which case, I will be an open book, as long as I'm not ears deep in players trying to feed me a line. ^.~
(which I am okay with. Just, you know, I wish they wouldn't whine and hold things up for half an hour when I tell them 'no, it doesn't work like that'. ..)

*hands thorn many cheese wheels to chuck at the whiners because cheese goes great with whine*

Zaer Darkwail

*offers salami sausage slice platter*

What? Cheese goes very well with salami sausage!

Re Z L

A&A

Thorne

This calls for the addition of a fruit plate. *sage nod*

... although I'll take a nice mead over the wine, thanks.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

EndofDivine

Salimah Bahar
Infiltrator Inquisitor of Pharasma

Background: Prince Khemet III is a blight on this land. He whores his own country out to foreign interests, trading away Osirion's rich culture and history for wealth. His latest blasphemy is also his boldest, opening the eyes of many to Khemet's unending greed and ambition. If he has his way, Osirion will soon find itself a hollow shell of what it once was, having traded away its very soul for foreign gold.

But there are those that have begun making moves against the Prince, those that desire to hold onto the past and return Osirion to what it once was. While the temple of Pharasma has publicly acquiesced to Khemet's demands, a small group of outraged priests and soldiers have banded together in secret, swaying the lottery in the church's favor as best they could without raising suspicion. As part of their plan, agents of Pharasma scattered across Wati, posing as fortune hunting adventurers seeking allies for the upcoming drawing in a bid to get someone on the inside to gather ancient knowledge, relics, and wealth to use against Prince Khemet. Salimah Bahar is but one of the pawns in this grand scheme, her patience pushed to the limit by Prince Khemet III constantly spitting in the face of tradition and her ancestors.

A member of the Voices of the Spire that split her time between patrolling the edges of the necropolis and information gathering for the church, Salimah is the perfect mixture of martial prowess, infiltration ability, traditionalism, and religious zeal that her superiors' plan requires. Salimah is all too happy to play along, putting on the guise of an adventurer and a reassuring smile as long as it means putting an end to Khemet's madness and allowing the dead of Osirion to rest in peace.

Personality: Salimah is loyal to her deity first, her country second, and everyone else third. At times, she's downright manipulative, using her skills of observation and an understanding of psychology to turn herself into the person those around her want her to be. Salimah has trouble trusting foreigners, especially those that prove themselves to be insensitive to her culture by picking her people's resting places apart for personal gain. As far as she's concerned, the only thing stopping those types of people from being on par with Khemet is their own ignorance - Khemet knows of Osirioni tradition and taboos and chooses to ignore them while foreigners may not.

There's still a genuine kindness that exists behind her numerous facades, however, and that kindness is a large part of why she does the things she does. Salimah wholeheartedly believes in and loves what Osirion used to be and feels the same way about its people and culture, which is why she has so readily volunteered herself to delve into the necropolis with a group of strangers from foreign lands that she struggles to trust. Osirion is worth preserving, and standing by and doing nothing will just see it rot away before her own eyes.

ChaoticSky

Ooh, a Inquisitor, I've been wondering, what's the draw of that class anyway? I keep looking at it but it always feels like I'm missing the 'neat' somehow.

Thorne

They get some interesting powers, and some useful fluff. I haven't seen them used much (and unfortunately, the last one I saw played was played by someone who wasn't good at thinking ahead.
I didn't realize it was possible to take so much damage from a specific poison type that it would literally melt the legs right off the target, until this guy put himself in a position to demonstrate (there was no saving the character - he was in the front line, the healer was in the back, and incapable of reaching him in time to do anything). :/
Unfortunately, we didn't really get to see him at his most effective.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

CalliLurk

Hasina:Treasure Hunting Sorcerer
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Lv 1 Ifrit Sorcerer

Bio: Hasina was born to an assumingly Efrit female. Well assuming since she had no idea who her mother really was. She was raised by the street urchins and those that took them under their wings. She learned some tricks of the streets and after some time she was soon working as a fence assistant of magical items. She found she could almost feel or see the magic that an item does or does not have and it made her "employers" more money in the long run with her being able to see fakes for them. In time she found herself being hired out to help guide treasure seekers through tombs to finding the real riches, not her fault they had no one that could prove her wrong in the items she took for payment as being worth the meager sum she was charging. Now she was working on doing it her own way, finding her own group to try her hand in getting in on the lottery for entrance into the tombs of Wati and to make it a more then a little bit of a profitable endeavor.

Personality: Hasina is a greedy thing. She wants riches, she wants what she didn't have growing up. If she gets to show off in the process and make herself look even better in the process all the better. She enjoys a good thrill as well which only helps with going spelunking in the tombs all the more fun to her.

Sexuality: She is more then willing to try anything once. And maybe twice if it was really fun. She likes a thrill and enjoying another's company is just another way to do so.