Reason not to move to Guyana #57

Started by Lilias, October 26, 2014, 07:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

gaggedLouise

OMG! *hopes eggs of that one won't spread on anything getting exported out of Guyana, or shot to the moon! (the ESA spacedrome is in Guyana)*

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Hemingway

Honestly, when it's that big, it sort of loses some of its ickiness for me.

I have to wonder why on earth they'd name it birdeater if it doesn't eat birds, though. xD

Tsenta

See image, absolutely floored by the size. Quietly reading the article, in the dark. Cat brushes across my leg.  Girlish screams were to be had.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Florence

Awwwwwwww. Cute wittle critter <3

... <_<
... >_>

... what?

Quote from: Hemingway on October 26, 2014, 06:08:09 PM
Honestly, when it's that big, it sort of loses some of its ickiness for me.

I have to wonder why on earth they'd name it birdeater if it doesn't eat birds, though. xD

Given the size of it, it might just be that its BIG enough to eat a bird. Plus, as the article states, they CAN eat birds. They just generally don't run into them.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Mistyy

Sadly the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear Guyana is Jonestown. Still it would be nice to explore those not so widely known countries. I bet most people wouldn't even know where Guyana is if they had to point it on a map :)

kojote

Reminds me of a spider crab, which I believe lives in Central America.
Ons & Offs/Currently looking for new partners