Deviations: The Outbreak (Superhero Semi-freeform) (Recruiting OPEN - 1/24/13)

Started by Adonis, November 02, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Senti

I would say yes :)

But I always do them.

Can she have ferrets? and a dog called Hacker....

Adonis

Lmao. If she wants to. I don't really limit character creation unless it's absolutely absurd or doesn't fit with the setting.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Senti

Look how cute...

the dog called Hacker unless I make it a normal dog is absurd.

however I have a plan coming together for the character, A team style.

Senti

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Senti

Adonis

{img height=250 padding=10} <-- shortcut for re-sizing images. You just replace the number next to height to tell it how many pixels tall you want it. Or, if the image is wider than it is tall, replace "height" with "width".
O/O's

Haloriel

Adonis

O/O's

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Flower

Haloriel

-waves at everyone-  Now then - here's my sheet, hope it works.

Character:

Name: Isabella Acosta Rosario
Ethnicity: Puerto Rican/Dominican
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Office Assistant/Exotic Dancer

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Weight: 130
Height: 5’7”
Other:Isabella is relatively tall, above average height with dark, somewhat curling hair and a middling brown toned skin.  She’s lithe in body type and quite fit.  She has a scar on her temple that is long faded from falling out of a tree as a child - as she loved to climb, and a tattoo of a rose on her left calf.

Information:

Personality: Isabella is fairly easy going, and likes people - hence being an office assistant, and in her down time - a high end exotic dancer; the average man isn’t going to get into the club she works at.  Kind and  compassionate are two words in particular that describe her, as well as intelligent.

Background: Isabella was born to parents of Dominican and Puerto Rican extraction, and while she loves her varied cultures - she’s pretty much an American woman just doing her thing.  Her parents are gone now, and she was an only child, so often ended up with her friends multi-sibling families as a child and adolescent.  She finished college and high school with flying colours, studying linguistics and anthropology.  However - even with her volunteer work and excellent grades - the best Isabella was able to manage was a job that barely made a blip as far as salary. 

So having grown up studying modern, ballet and jazz dance - she decided to go for dancing of another kind - and so far the high end club she works at has really given a needed boost to her income.  Some might be ashamed of what they have to do after work, but Isabella isn’t.  It’s work, and she’s proud of the money she makes even considering how she gets it. 

However - recently after getting a routine flu shot - working her night job and her day job have become … strange.  Isabella has begun to hear thoughts - and while the ones she hears in the evening are the expected - some of it really has her wondering if she’s lost her mind.  So far - the affects of it haven’t done anything to make her life … too difficult yet, and she’s fairly good at pretending that nothing has changed - despite the strange things on the news.

Symptoms: SL-1: Telepathy

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Dancing, Watching Sports.

OOC Ons and Offs: Offs - No toilet play, maiming or other extremes.  Non-con needs OOC permission first. Isabella is bisexual and prefers men, but also enjoys women.  The character is moderately experienced. In general just ask me if various situations are permissible.

Adonis

May want to have a look at her first name Miss Haloriel, there's already a Camilla in play. Unless you're okay with that, that is!
O/O's

Haloriel

I could have sworn I didn't pick one in use.  Give me a minute. :)

Adonis

O/O's

Haloriel

I found that just before you posted it, lol.  Anyway fixed. <3  It's easier not to have repetitive names, so I swapped for my second choice.  Easy-peasy.

Adonis

You're a doll. Go ahead and move her over to the accepted characters thread!
O/O's

Haloriel

Spynmaster

I'm just offering this as a reference source, in case no one found it already. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

And I'm pretty sure this is what you don't want to see made as a character. Just sayin'. [size=78%]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_Superman[/size]

Adonis

O/O's

Senti

Name:  Jessica Denby
Ethnicity: Caucasian Yorkshire
Sex: female
Relationship Status: Single, well sort of might be considered a little complicated
Previous (Or current) Profession: Punk Poet and comedian along with gobby cow.
Appearance:

Hair: Long and dyed bright read
Eyes: grey/green
Skin: White
Weight: yes she has a weight
Height: 6'2
Other: Tatts  yes she has a few as well as piercings
She stands a good six foot two and is not some breakable twig. This young woman has the bearing of an old time Amazon. Her long hair is died scarlet. She wears a number of tattoos mostly either Celtic or tribal, though there are other images there too. Also there are a number of pericings that adorn her body in various and interesting places. She is usually dressed in casual if slightly alternative clothing.

Information:

Personality  Jessica  or rather Jess has a gob on her that is larger than the Mersey Tunnel and has more front than the Wigan Pier. Sometimes she will offer up some truly poignant poem or speech another time it will be some joke or frivolity, whatever it is the young woman will always leave pause for thought. Though will often not take a pause herself for breath... Though when her pale eyes narrow venom will be spat from her mouth and that it when its time to run.

For the most Jess is a Northern lass she speaks her mind and to hell with the consequences. She is tough, and frankly does not take crap from anyone. The one this despises is injustice.

I believe in justice I believe in vengeance I believe in getting the bastard.

Background: Jess was born in a relatively small mining village or a village that was once a pit village which was closed in the 1980’s, when many such pits fell foul to the tyrant Margaret Thatcher. She remained with her parents in the small terraced house along with her younger brother and elder sister. Unfortunately When the pit was closed the village and much of the community. There is still even now some ill will there towards those who became strike breakers.

She attended the local school and appeared to have an aptitude for creative writing especially poetry and performance. By the time she reached eighteen, though she was advised to take her education further Jess made a brave choice, she hooked up with a band and performed on stage. Dating the lead singer for a while, though she still sometimes travelled with them Jess was becoming more confident (If indeed that was possible and thus she struck on her own. Though not famous per sae, the tall scarlet haired woman ended up with quite a following from the alternative scene. Even performing gigs at  some of the more famous festivals.

It so happened, that the fates intervened perhaps what ever is was Jess ended up in America once again performing in various small clubs and bars. It was rather exciting to be in another country yet the scarlet haired woman did not forget her roots and principles. Being a little worried about things like the flue, especially on a busy schedual off she toddled to get a jab…then the odd things started to happen…her usually somewhat wilful pets became a little more compliant.

She has a scruffy large mongrel call Hacker, and three ferrets, named Cain, Betty, and Declan. (Those three are named after Soap opera characters. Both of which are based up North.

Symptoms:  Mammalian control st1

Hobbies and interests Poetry and writing, performing, good bands (live music) Good beer.

Adonis

I had to read through it twice for comprehension due to unfamiliar lingo/language lol. Functionally, she looks just fine to me :) Go ahead and move your tall darlin over, and say hello in the OOC :)
O/O's

Senti

Anything you need me translate just ask. At least its not pikey talk, now that's not too easy to follow.

Ellipsis

Character:

Name: Amelia “Lee” Graves
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Divorced. She thinks.
Previous (Or current) Profession: Con woman/Card shark

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Light brown
Skin: Fair
Weight: Curvy; 140lbs
Height: 5’10”
Other: Amelia wears glasses, though she doesn’t need them. She often finds that people are more trusting of a bespectacled woman. All of her tattoos are on her lower body because they can be easily covered up by leggings or pants. Besides, most people aren’t looking at her legs anyway. A successful con is all about being forgettable.

Information:

Personality: Competitive to the core, to Amelia, there’s nothing more intoxicating than the spirit of competition. Brazen and thrill-seeking, she’s in constant need of excitement, the sort to go looking for trouble if it doesn’t find her first. She doesn’t drink, though, not anymore. She prefers to lose her inhibitions on her own, somewhat levelheaded, terms.

A nomad, Lee doesn’t like to stay in one place for too long. Her career choice doesn’t really allow for putting down roots, so forming bonds and lifelong attachments isn’t on her To-Do List. Her first rule of thumb: never get serious. It applies to any situation. Don’t be baited or riled up by the smart mouth cop. Don’t start dreaming about the cream-colored house on the corner with the picket fence. Don’t ask that hunky construction worker out for coffee.

She’d never describe herself as selfish, but a girl’s got to eat, and her hazy morals aren’t above swindling some poor sap out of his gas money to grab a burger.

Background: Being born to a set of grifter parents is never a good sign and, more often than not, it’s an accident. Amelia came to terms a long time ago that she wasn’t planned, but it was just like her parents to adapt to any situation and turn it into another way to make money. People were always more willing to help out a starving child than a starving adult.

But she never starved. She never went hungry. Not a day in her life. The ragged clothes that hung off her frame, drowning her in dingy fabric, were bought that way. Three sizes too big. Her mother cut them up. Her father dragged them through mud and grease. Lee learned how to play a role at an early age and now, coming up on thirty, she isn’t quite sure if she knows how to just be herself. Where does the acting stop and Amelia Graves begin?

At eighteen, she did what any girl usually does. She fell in love. Had a shotgun wedding at the local town hall and marital bliss ensued for a few months. He’d started off as a con, needing a bit of extra cash to make it the East Coast. It didn’t last long. Amelia started to get the itch. Her then-husband made enough for the both of them; it wasn’t as if Amelia had any applicable job skills anyway. But the domesticated life wasn’t for her. She took off in the middle of the night and sent her husband papers the next week. To her knowledge, they were signed and stamped. Truthfully, she never bothered to check up on them, but out of sight, out of mind.

Amelia hadn’t planned on staying very long in Glenside, just a couple months to put some significant cash away, but it had been that time of year where the flu season starts. Being sick meant she couldn’t work. You can’t charm the pants of a man…or woman, if your wet cough could be heard down the block. She stopped in and got her yearly shot. Her parents had always been adamant about keeping up with one’s health, even if they were criminals.

Simply put, that shot knocked her on her ass. Lee couldn’t remember the last time she felt so awful after a flu shot. Cold sweats, fatigue, and she was reasonably certain that she started hearing things. Almost a week later, she was fine, though the voices still echoed in her ears. They were disjointed and different. A man’s voice reminding himself to pick up dry cleaning. A woman’s voice ranting about her boyfriend’s failed anniversary plans.

At this rate, Amelia might be tempted to have herself committed.

Symptoms:
Telepathy: SL - 1 - Ability to hear snippets of thoughts randomly

Hobbies and Interests: Games of any sort, whether watching or observing. Crowds and social activities; Amelia thrives on the energy of others and it’s always fun to people-watch. She’s also a collector of tokens, specifically symbols of luck and, more often than not, she always has one on her.

OOC Ons and Offs: Please consult my Ons and Offs. And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!