News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Amati Violin {F seeking M}

Started by JuliettaRossi, September 06, 2012, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliettaRossi

The Amati Violin - Michael watched her from a balcony seat. He could pick out the sound of her violin among the other four. There was something different – mournful…a depth of soul the others simply didn’t have. Something that called to him – as if she was playing just for him. He watched her intently – the dark flow of her hair over a shoulder, the way her body moved with the rhythm and flow of the music. Her eyes were closed and he was too far away to tell the color, but he knew they would be finally worthy enough to see the violin locked away for years. Many years.

It was old, a masterpiece and possibly the last of its kind, locked away in a case, kept conditioned by his own hands, just as his father before him had, and his father before that. The fading scrap of paper that lay inside the case was in Italian. The words would be lost forever in a few years with age and humidity, but the men in the family knew them by heart. It really should have been donated to a museum long ago, but they simply could never do it. The threat of what would happen to the familial line was just too great.

The song ended and another one began. They played as one, but always, he could pick her out. Her posture near perfect, the soft material falling over her legs, just the toe of her heels peeking out from beneath the gown, every so often tapping on the wooden stage lightly or her knee seen moving in time. He caught every movement. It was her. It had to be… 

There had to be a way to see her, meet her after the concert was over. He had to have her...

(The Amati violin seems to find it’s way to being placed into the hands of the women who would wed the only male offspring of the family. Each generation only has one child – a son. There is something they feel or can tell about the woman who will become their wife. The threat of the wrong woman playing or handling the violin – possibly breaking it, breaking a string or the bow threatens the end of the Amati line. Is she truly the one? What if she doesn’t want the path he sets before her though? Rebels? Runs from him? What would he resort to to keep the family line going? Would she fall in love or would it be an eternal struggle?)

{Please click on the 'Cravings' link in my signature to take you to more information on role playing with me and please feel free to check out my Rabbit Hole page and any of my RPs to see how I write! Thanks!}