News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Dark Day At Night(IC)

Started by Kristilla, October 22, 2010, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristilla

Kristilla's long navy blue hair was draped over her shoulders as she sat in a field of glowing moon lilies, staring into a small crystal pond of water. Her pale skin was tinted a gentle blue in the lighting. A great darkness had fallen over the realms of limbo, and everything was shadowed by a blue mist...the moon surrounded by an aura of light. Her black eyes followed patterns in the pond, her mouth producing a low, whispered chant for answers to this phenomena. She wore a long, low-cut white dress rimmed with sapphires that opened up on the sides before flaring out at the bottom. Few silver rings decorated her slender fingers, some sprouting blue gems, some with plain engravings. Her body was decorated with swirling silver tattoos that glittered in the mist.
When the darkness descended two weeks ago the people of Nazraphoria had been confused and afraid. She among them had also marveled at its mystery and majesty. They failed to find any possible cause or solution to this situation and some said that it was just another change to Limbo. She wondered if it could be more. Her hand reached forward and touched the water, disturbing it with small, swirling movements. It felt silken and she still marveled at the amount of give it allowed at her touch even after all her years of training as a water mage. Her eyes drooped and she stilled her hand. Images flashed before her mind and she gasped. She saw a great beast in slumber, souls dancing around it in misery. She withdrew quick and took a steadying breath, looking around her at the white flowers.
"A dark day at night is a special time, full of luminus gloom..."
"If all else fails, BE DRAMATIC!"

Xandria

Xastasia paused at the edge of the forest and listened to the soothing sound of Nanyan birds cooing from the willowy branches of the shimmering, purple Shastia trees.  A vast silver meadow stretched before her, as soft blue moonlight illuminated the path that would lead her to the next village.  A gentle breeze blew strands of long auburn hair around her face, and she closed her eyes as the events of the past two weeks flashed through her mind. 

The entire city of Nazraphoria was in a state of panic, and the citizens were anxious. The cause of the enduring darkness that had descended two weeks ago, leaving the whole city in perpetual night, remained disturbingly elusive. However, this was not her most pressing concern.  A new threat, from a faction of dangerous mages, known as the Brotherhood of Shadows, was wreaking havoc in the city as the Brotherhood attempted to establish a new world order; one of anarchy and destruction.  The so-called noble leaders, nervous with the prospect of having their government overthrown, could not agree on what to do.  Finally, they decided to call out to every mercenary in Nazraphoria and beyond, promising them untold riches if they could rid the city of this new menace.  They had stressed the importance of protecting the ruling council as they focused on solving the mystery of the phenomena, and furiously denied it had anything to do with protecting their own ambitions of power.  Unconcerned with politics, as a mercenary, Xastasia's job was clear. Find the Brotherhood, learn their secrets and eliminate them.

Startled out of her reverie, Xastasia crouched low in the underbrush, as two hooded figures approached from the east, so close she could see their breath in the chilly air.  They stopped a few feet from her position and began a rather heated conversation.  It was impossible to see their faces, but the rank odour of death and suffering that hung around them like shroud, could mean only one thing…dark shadow magic.  Her fingers clenched tightly around the hilt of her sword and her golden eyes burned with hatred as the blade became engulfed in flames.  Both men turned with horrified expressions as the warrior woman with blazing sword, flew out from her hiding spot. Her hair whipped around her like a fiery cloak as she spun in the air, striking both men across the abdomen in one clean swipe.  She landed on her feet, and her auburn hair billowed out behind her as she listened triumphantly to their cries of outrage.  Sheathing her sword, she raised her hands and called forth the power of fire, her lips moving rapidly as she murmured the incantation of Fire Sight, the spell that would show her their secrets.  Searing heat radiated from the flames roaring to life all around them, and as Xastasia focused on the flickering glow, she frowned.  This was not a vision from the two unfortunate souls gasping at her feet.  Revealed in the dancing light was a vision of a terrifying beast, surrounded by countless tortured souls.  The beasts aura exuded death and destruction, and as black tendrils curled outwards as if reaching for her, Xastasia shuddered.  As the macabre scene faded from view, she glimpsed a navy haired mage amidst rippling water, her black eyes filled with revulsion.  An uneasy feeling swept over Xastasia with the realization that this had been no vision, it was a premonition. But, a premonition of what, and who was the other mage she had observed? More importantly, if she is real, is she a friend or foe.
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Kristilla

Kristilla's eyes snapped open and looked around her. Seeing no fire in the immediate area, she figured that it was another Limbraik, and that she was supposed to meet this person. Putting her hand once again in the water, she hummed a low note, sending it out and picturing the fire mage. 'Come to me,' she sent out in a whisper. 'I'll be at the Kile mansion in one hour. Meet me there and we'll talk...it's on the north side of the city.' She stood up immediately and set out for home.

Xandria

The sound of a simple lyrical note floating through her dreams woke Xastasia with a start.  She knew it had been no dream; the navy haired mage had called her. As the whispered summons echoed through her mind, she sat up, and pulled a fire orb from the pouch at her waist.  An image of the city appeared in the centre of it, shifting and floating.  She watched the scene unfolding before her, waiting until it revealed her new destination.  The image slowed, and hovered over a picture of an elaborate dwelling.  Kile mansion…it had to be.  Placing the orb safely back into her pouch, she quickly gathered her belongings and set off in the direction of Nazraphoria.

The city streets were silent.  Most of the city’s citizens still slept and Xastasia swiftly made her way unseen through the mist to the city’s north side.  Passing the council chambers, she crossed the street.  The moment she turned the next corner, she saw it, exactly as it had appeared in the orb.  A mansion to be sure, it was elegant and designed to impress.  Constructed with golden kaska brick that shimmered despite the darkness, it had a gabled roof and several large picture windows made from the finest crystal sand.  As she reached the sprawling lawn in front of the house, she looked around for signs of danger, but found none.  Nonetheless, she carefully bent down and slipped her silver light dagger into her boot before approaching the door.  She knocked softy, and held her breath…waiting.
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Kristilla

Opening the door was a tall man with pitch black hair to his shoulders and pitch black eyes. He looked like a hardened soldier. "Can I help you?"

Xandria

As Xastasia waited at the door, she began to doubt the wisdom of revealing herself to the unknown mage.  Too much was at stake, and as a seasoned mercenary, she knew it would be foolish to trust anyone, especially one who had invaded her dreams with disturbing ease.  In a flash of brilliance, she remembered…the Scroll of Obscuring!  Quickly, she pulled the weathered piece of parchment from her pouch and spoke the words that would disguise her appearance.  With a smug smile, she watched as the door opened and the mage from her visions appeared, looking up at her in surprise.  “Can I help you?” she asked.

Xastasia’s expression hardened and her voice held a thread of annoyance as she replied. “Yes, you can tell me who you are and what you want with the flame haired one.”

Kristilla

(The one who answered was a man)The man leaned against the door. "I guess you're looking for my daughter then...come in and I'll fetch her." He opened the door wide and showed her to the livingroom. It was wide and looked rather expencive, though still it had a dark tone to it. "Make yourself at home asyou wait."

Xandria

Instantly Xastasia saw that it wasn’t a woman in front of her at all, but a man, she shook her head and then it dawned on her, the scroll had obviously been responsible for her hallucination.  Damn Ardon and his trickery! I should have known he wouldn’t have given me a scroll that actually worked.  The man didn’t look amused, and Xastasia had the courtesy to look a little sheepish as she walked into the living room. “Thank you, I will wait here for your daughter.”

nk

A light ruffled Rook's robes slightly as he stood over the two corpses that had been cut clean in half.

His eyes ran themselves over the two magi's unfortunate bodies and he couldn't help but chuckle at their expressions of horror that had been captured on their face. Absolutely priceless. Jokes aside though, Rook glanced back down crouched on one knee as he examined the single wound that had been inflicted on both. The smell of their seared flesh had hit his nose awhile back but it wasn't something he hadn't experienced before. He ran a single finger along the charred flesh of the dead mage for a second before breaking the crust of the blackened flesh and thrusting that same single finger through. He felt a slight warmth from the body and pulled his finger out a second after while shaking off the blood that lingered on it. Standing back up, Rook turned in a circle while playing out the scene in the manner he guessed it had gone done.

The two mages were caught off guard seeing as how there hadn't been any visible markings of any retaliation. The single assailant who, as mentioned before, got the jump on the two, used a long blade, most likely enchanted with fire, to slash the two clean in half with a single stroke. Both men's wounds had been practically in the same spot and both wounds were completely charred over indicting such. Afterwards, the attacker than used an unknown fire spell as indicated by both the smell of smoke and uncanny amount of ash lingering around the bodies before departing the area to the....

“North..” Rook worded faintly as his eyes followed the soft trail of a set of single footprints heading away from the site. The warmth he felt from the body meant the incident hadn't occurred to long ago meaning the assailant was probably still in the area. As to whether this was a good thing was up for debate though. The killer seemed to have an affinity towards the way of the flame which was all fine and dandy except for one small thing. The weapon. Any weapon that could sear through flesh as though it was a stick of warm butter was always a problem. Still though, a job was a job and weapon or not, his orders still stood.

“I'd wish they'd give me something easier to handle though.” Whined Rook as he took a single step back into the shadows. Had anyone been watching, it would've appeared as though he disappeared. He left the scene exactly as it was before he came and made sure to leave any evidence of his visit save for the single hole he'd put into one of the mage's dead bodies. Aside from that not a trace of his presence remained at the site nor was there any indication that it had been disturbed.

Kristilla

It took about five minutes, but Kristilla came walking down the stairs with a faint smile. She took one look at the fire mage and her eyes flew wide. She spoke to her as she drew nearer. "I saw you earlier...but I wasn't sure if you could hear me. Welcome to my home...and may I ask what has brought you here?"

Xandria

Xastasia looked carefully around the tastefully appointed room, and took note of every exit.  Hmmm...a back door probably leading to the kitchens, the archway to the entrance hall and front door, and that enormous picture window looking out over the front lawn can be broken easily enough.  She raised an eyebrow appreciatively as she noted the exquisite furniture which filled the room; every piece had been hand carved by the monks of Cardine and would be worth a king’s ransom.  A noise behind her caught her attention, and as she looked over her shoulder to see what it was, a young servant girl with spiky green hair, entered the room through the back door.  The girl took one look at Xastasia and gasped in shock, clutching her gown to her throat in a gesture of protection.  She quickly scurried past, refusing to look at the warrior woman, and practically fell over herself running out to the hallway.  Xastasia smirked.  People often reacted to her that way, and it suited her just fine.

Satisfied that she wasn’t trapped or in danger for the moment, her mind drifted to the memories of her youth.  As a child, almost from the moment she took her first baby steps, her fathers had drilled into her the importance of ALWAYS having an escape plan.  In fact, they had gone out of their way to prove their point by stalking and attacking her at every possible moment.  Their laughter at each failure had hurt her deeply, and she had resented the fact they took such delight in tormenting her.  Xastasia however, was a quick study and desperately craved their approval.  She worked twice as hard as the other youths and quickly became adept at outmanoeuvring even the most seasoned warriors, much to their chagrin.  Eventually she had earned their respect, and many saw her as the next leader of their clan.

The sound of someone descending the stairs brought her attention back to the present, and she saw the navy haired water mage approach her and ask why she was here. Xastasia’s eyes narrowed in suspicion. “I might ask you the same question.  You summoned me did you not?” 

nk

'The tracks WOULD lead to a mansion.' Thought Rook as he laughed mentally to himself. He rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand as he surveyed the massive abode from the cover of the trees that ran along the dwelling's perimeter. He wasn't under the cloak of shadows and saw no need to be since the foliage provided more than enough cover for him at the moment. He took a quick lap around the building and wondered exactly how many people were presently employed there. Ten? Twenty? Or maybe even fifty?

Considering the place was located rather far from the next nearest town, Rook guessed there had to be at least a good sizable amount of people probably living there which was a shame really. Yup...quite the shame. He had a policy about taking no prisoners on a job and prided himself on being a first-rate assassin. Well at least that's what he told people. In actuality, pride was the last thing he had and to be completely honest, he just thought it'd be troublesome if rumors about him got out. It was kind of hard being an assassin when people already knew you were coming right? Right.

“Choices...choices...” Muttered Rook with a small grin on his face as he stepped out from the bushes and began walking towards the front door. As soon as he'd gotten there, he gave the door a few light knocks before tucking both of hands in the sleeves of his long robe, monk style.

“Man why was it so damn chilly tonight.” Rook voiced out loud as he shivered oh so slightly.

If there was anything Rook genuinely hated, it had to be the cold. He didn't know why he disliked it, but there was just something about it that pissed him off about it. Course, he never showed anyone he disliked it. He often simply played it off innocently, acting as though it was simply a minor annoyance and nothing more.

Kristilla

Kristilla frowned and cocked her head. "Yes...but only because I caught a vision of you in my diviation...maybe you and I were suposed to meet for something. Maybe to find an end to this...eclipse?"
She heard the knock and gestured for her to wait, moving to the door and opening it. Seeing the man there, she sighed. "Can I help you, sir?" Her voice was but a whisper to him, signaling that she understood that he wasn't here with pure intention. Her afinity for water gave a the edge of being an empath and being able to sense someone's general intent. Her black eyes bore into him, demanding truth.

nk

Rook stood both silently and patiently for what seemed like an eternity under the odd glow of the eclipse. It was a beautiful night to be a manslayer yet... there was a lot of information he was missing and although the option of slaughtering everyone in the house seemed enticing, it was also rather needless....and time consuming. And well, Rook was never a fan of something that was either time consuming and/or took effort which that plan seemed it would take. Which was why he'd decided this method was probably better. Or at least would be if someone would answer the goddamn door. No sooner had the thought hit his mind did the sound of several locks being done hit his ears.

Rook slowly began to wrap his fingers around the handle of his blade as the mansion's doors began to slowly open. When a woman's figure came into view though, he relaxed his that were fingers hidden within his sleeves and shot the lady a kind smile. His eyes quickly took in the as much of the general layout of the mansion as they could before quickly reverting their sights back on the woman in front of him. He watched the woman in front of him sigh for some reason when she'd gotten a better look at him but noted that she otherwise made no other visible movements.

“Hopefully.” Rook replied innocently to her question with a small laugh as a sudden gust of wind caused him a shiver slightly. “The name's Skye. I'm a traveling shadow monk currently on a pilgrimage away from my monastery. Usually I'm not one to ask such a thing, but tonight's unusually cold and well... I was perhaps wondering if I might be able to stay the night at such a fine place.”

Rook continued to smile towards the woman as he stared into her deep black pupils which seemed to do the same. The eyes caused him to feel slightly uncomfortable as he wondered what they were perhaps looking for yet he showed no visible concern towards them while instead simply continuing to softly smile at the woman.

Xandria

There was something about the male voice at the door that made a shiver run down Xastasia's spine.  Silently, she made her way to the opposite wall, and pressed up against it.  Inching carefully along the wall until she reached the doorway, she carefully peered around it to get a better look.  She sucked in a breath as a voice screamed in her mind. Danger!

Kristilla

Kristilla raised an eyebrow. "You're a monk? I supose I can give you a room, but I must ask that you refrain from...wandering...around the mansion if you wouldn't mind." She cast him a knowing look, silently telling him she knew something was up, and she was watching him closely. "Come in."

nk

"You're a monk?”

“Yes.” Rook replied casually to her question with the same small smile he'd had since she'd seen him. “Yes, I am.”

“I suppose I can give you a room, but I must ask that you refrain from...wandering...around the mansion if you wouldn't mind." Rook couldn't help but chuckle softly before shooting the woman an even brighter smile.

“Thanks.” He said after his short bout of laughter had passed. “This really means a lot to me, but you honestly don't have to worry yourself. I'm sure I can take care of myself.”

On the outside, he projected a generally carefree image befitting that of a monk who was most likely sub-par in his duties, yet on inside, Rook quickly found himself growing tired of the woman's suspicions. He subconsciously found his fingers inching ever so closer to the knifes which practically begged to be used but reminded himself it wouldn't be proper form to simply attack the woman after she'd been so kind as to lend him a room. Doing so would've been outright rude right? Besides, although he generally curious about how the woman would've looked bathed in red, it would've been sloppy on his part to not at least take a head count of the mansions inhabitants before putting them to rest. Didn't want word to get out ya know?

And so with the same sweet, soft, and innocent smile Rook had held during their entire meeting, he bowed slightly in front of the woman as a small sign of gratitude before raising his head back up and asking, “Mind leading the way?”

Xandria

A monk?  I sincerely doubt that! Xastasia thought as she quickly moved back behind the wall to conceal herself from the man now entering the house.  She pressed her ear to the wall and listened as the mage led the unwelcome visitor to another part of the house, but she couldn't make out their conversation.

What possible pilgrimage would a monk be going on in these dark times, and why isn't he choosing to stay at the Sacred Crossroads?    It didn't make sense, and Xastasia didn't believe for a minute that he was here by mere coincidence.  She crossed her arms in a gesture of irritation.  No, he's up to something, I'm sure of it.  Time to change plans.  Damn! I hate that! 

It was fortunate though, she reasoned, that the monk didn't know she was here as it gave her a huge advantage.  She grinned.  It was also fortuitous that the water mage had invited him in so they could play.  Xastasia wondered if the mage would be able to use empathy to uncover the truth behind his presence here, but it mattered little to her.  She was prepared to use her own special brand of interrogation. 

Waiting for the mage to return, Xastasia reached down to retrieve the dagger from her boot.  Grasping the jewelled handle, she thought with a chilling smile.  The only question is...what shall I slice first?

Kristilla

She led him upstairs and into a large room with tapistries and wide windows. The bed was covered in silk and translusant veils hung from the frame above it. She stepped aside and let him into the room, reading him the entire time. Still...she had a spell ready to drown him in his own lungs should he turn out to being lying to her. She smiled kindly. "Here you are, and I'd like to wish you a pleasant rest."

nk

The wind wasn't calm at all.

He wasn't a avid wind user and often never resorted to it purposely since in largely populated areas it was useless, yet in places like this, he kind of wished he'd been more proficient in it. Disturbances in the wind often meant people. Actually, scratch often. It was almost always a person. Wind always flowed. Animals were naturally attuned to the wind. It was as though they were born to flow with it. Yet people, humans especially, were clumsy in both nature and attitude. Of course, Limbraiks were no exception to this and even Rook himself tended to disturb the natural flow of the wind at times. One often needed to be master to walk through and sense the wind perfectly and sadly, Rook was hardly a master.

Rook's eyes glanced around the room as he followed the female upstairs. He couldn't spot anything in particular that seemed out of order but he definitely knew that something was. Someone else was moving. Who or where, he couldn't really tell, but he suspected it was behind him as he followed the woman to his quarters as the disturbance continued even as they left the grand hall. He glanced behind him a couple of times at different moments in hopes of locating the disturbance but found on both times not a single trace of his stalker.

Well, it was fine either way.

He'd found out who it was in all due time.

That aside though, his growing dislike the woman continued to grow as his instincts warned him of her intent. At first he'd figured her to merely giving him the cold shoulder, but thinking back on the look she'd given him before, two things were evident. One, she didn't like him. And two, she didn't trust him. Of which part she didn't trust he wasn't sure of, but she was apparently at least willing to at least give him a room. Course, he thought about stabbing her as he followed her from behind but again, his instincts told him it was a fight he didn't want. He trusted his instincts a lot while on the job and had quickly learned he had to since they often knew better than he did. As to why, he didn't know. All he knew was that they just did.

When they'd arrived in his room, he gave the woman a small smirk in reply to her both her words and her smile before asking her, “Is there someone else you're entertaining this evening?” His smirk grew into a rather innocent smile as he tilted his head all to carefully to the side as to emphasize his genuine nature.

“It seems rather odd that a beautiful lady like yourself is up this time of night so I merely wondered.” Rook said in the same virtuous tone as before. Now would she lie? Or would she tell the truth? She couldn't have known why he was there in the first place or at least not for the main reason. Course, like he said before, he was sure she suspected something. Yet as to what that something was, well he wanted to keep her guessing.

Kristilla

She chuckled. "Not quite entertaining anyone, no. As for my dose of insomnia," she gave him a playful smile, friendly. "I'm normally a big night person. Now, is there anything you need or would you like for me to leave you to get situated?" Her manner was very easy and friendly now, even the energy she projected was open and inviting.

Xandria

Patience was not one of her virtues.  Tired of waiting, Xastasia exhaled loudly and muttered a few choice words before silently making her way into the hallway.  Once there she crept up the stairs, dagger in hand and tried once again to make out the conversation taking place between the mage and mysterious man who claimed he was a holy monk.  At the top of the landing, a large, dimly lit corridor stretched before her, with several doors on each side, and each one leading to what she assumed must be guest rooms.  Only one though, slightly ajar and allowing soft light to escape, caught her attention.  The sound of the mages laughter floated out into the corridor, and Xastasia took cover behind a large statue of a Nazraphorian Goddess.  Scanning for the best spot to position herself, she saw what appeared to be adjoining rooms to the one the uninvited guest was now using.  Hoping that the door closest to monk’s room would be unlocked, she crept along, with her back to the wall, until she reached it.  Bracing herself with one hand against the door, she placed the dagger between her teeth, reached for the doorknob with the other, and turned.  Excellent, it’s unlocked!  Quietly she opened the door, snuck inside, and carefully closed it behind her with a soft click. 

The room was pitch black, and before entering further, she reached into her leather waist pouch for a fire crystal.   Once the crystal was in hand, she shook it until it emitted a soft orange glow.  Satisfied she was alone, Xastasia took the dagger in hand once again, and looked around.  She noted that there were no other exits besides the doors to the hallway and adjoining room, save the window, and she hoped she would not have to risk breaking any bones should she need to leave by way of it.  She was no stranger to escaping with a broken leg or worse, but it would slow her down and put her at a huge disadvantage.  The guest chamber, like the living room below, was sumptuously decorated, and it was dominated by a large canopied bed draped in silk and translucent veils sitting in the centre on a raised dais.  A richly carved writing desk sat against the wall, beside the doorway that led to the monk’s room.  The voices seem to have stopped...it’s too quiet.  A narrow ribbon of light filtered beneath the door to his room, disturbed only by shadows indicating he still moved within.  As she waited for the darkness indicating he had retired for the evening, she flipped the dagger around in her hand and her expression hardened.  Soon my dark friend….soon. Running the dagger blade over her thumb to test its sharpness, she smiled in anticipation of the game. 

nk

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Casino and work.

IC:

Rook continued to merely smile as he heard the girl out before replying in a voice as equally as inviting as her's, “Oh? Well I see. I'm sorry about your insomnia problem, and as for me, I'd normally offer to keep you company until you got over it, yet...” He paused and sighed as he glanced behind him towards a clock with a rather regrettable look hanging on his face before turning back towards the girl and continuing, “...It's rather late and I'm sort of tired from my journey and doubt that in my current condition, I'd be of no use to anyone.”

His eyes shied away from the woman is he sighed once again before shooting the woman a soft smile and pressing on. “So sadly yes, I suppose I'll be alright by myself, thank you though for your concern.”

He bowed slightly again before the woman before slowly shutting the door. The door closed with a small click and he stood silently by the door until he heard the faint sound of her retreating footsteps. Once the sound disappeared altogether, Rook's mind quickly shifted from his thoughts of her back onto those of his unknown stalker that he'd lost track of once he'd been shown into his room. He wondered if the person had simply had lost interest in him and had left him alone, yet he doubted that. The wind he felt hadn't gradually disappeared. It had simply vanished. And although that could've just meant he just went somewhere that there wasn't any noticeable flow of wind he could feel....or that he was lying in wait for Rook somewhere.

“Mmm...choices..” Rook muttered outloud as he rubbed his chin while pacing around randomly in his room. Although he REALLY wanted to roam around the mansion, he didn't really want to do it blind. Even if he could meld into the shadows, the person following him seemed to been at least semi-skilled in tracking people. Hell, he'd been able to kill two proficient shadows users and shadow users were said to be among the hardest people to skill aside from wind users. Not to mention it had been done almost effortlessly. But then again, one had to take into consideration the element of surprise and all that ya know and although he could go on and on about it he wouldn't because all his thoughts were at this point were speculation and nothing more.

He sighed for what seemed like the millionth time tonight, this time at his own inability to effectively formulate a plan, as he finally began to take notice of his surroundings. He grinned at the all to inviting fluffy cloud-like bed spread that laid before him before glancing towards the other various assortment of furniture items most high class places came with. Rook didn't really care to much about them though. So long as he a bed to sleep and a meal to eat, he was happy. He chuckled at his simplicity as he suddenly noticed something he probably should've seen sooner. A door.

He raised his brow in curiosity as he slowly inched his way towards the door. Paranoid. That's what people called him. A lot of people called it his greatest weakness. He on the other hand thought of it as his greatest strength. It would never let him relax. When things seemed off or to easy, it always seemed to kick in and a random door connecting to his room definitely fit in the 'off' category. He slowly gripped the knob and turned it until he heard a small click. The moment he had he pushed open the door and his eyes quickly shifted to try and adjust themselves to the darkness. He couldn't completely see yet, but he could definitely feel the same distortion he had before. 'He' was here.

Once he felt that, he quickly jumped backwards in apprehension. Now, he wasn't sure if he'd been attacked or not, but the bad wind he had felt changed. It wasn't just an awkward presence wrong, but a shifted wrong as though he'd been swung at or someone had quickly moved through it wrong. He couldn't really tell however. Yet whether it was one or the other mattered little to him. What mattered to him was figuring out who exactly it was that was stalking him and how he could get this person off his back.

“I know you're there.” Rook spoke calmly as he stood ready in the middle of his light lit room. “Mind actually showing yourself rather than hiding? Although I know the black robes can be a little misleading, I don't think I've done anything to warrant you to follow me.”

Xandria

Xastasia frowned.  How did he know she was there?  No matter, she wasn’t one to shy away from confrontation.  With her dagger carefully concealed in her palm, she opened the door to find him standing in the middle of his room and decided to play it coy.  “Hello.” She smiled. “I’m sorry if my moving about my room disturbed you.  I didn’t realize there was anyone else staying here tonight.”

There was something so dark and sinister about him that she shivered inwardly.  “Are you a monk?  I thought you would have found the Sacred Crossroads more comfortable.”  He definitely appeared to be uneasy by her questions.  Good, perhaps this will be easier than I thought.

“So monk...what brings you here?  What think you of the dark phenomena? Is it the apocalypse that they have been preaching about from the pulpits?  No?”  She placed her palm on her cheek and squinted her eyes.  “Hmmm...I doubt you subscribe to the limbo theory, that wouldn’t help the religious cause at all would it?”  Fearless in her provocation, she regarded him coolly and said, “Well then, I am most eager to hear your take on recent events.”