hey, is anyone watching young justice?

Started by VoluptuousVixen, November 19, 2011, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

Hey all. Just watched the latest episode of young justice. Another great episode. I carnt get enough of this show. For me its up there with Batman the animated series.and justice league. The animation is stunning, I know marvel are leading the way with the live action films. But when it comes to toons they just suck. Avengers earth mightest heroes dosent even rate. It's not just the animation, bit the voice actors. Once again dc leads.the way.in its casting and character development.

It's the fact that the story arcs are so well done. It's not a kids show just like Batman the animated series adults can appreciate it too. Now I lnow the.story deal woth teenage heroes but the threats they face are very dangerous. I loathed teen Titans because it was so silly. But take the character of kid flash, he is a prankster and a joker but unlike beast boy in term titanic he is not a bofoon.
The scene where he thought Artemis had been killed and he started slamming his fists down and screaming showed he has more dimensions to him. Teen titans was too looney tunes for my taste and the characters one dimensional.

My fave episode is Targets, where chesire is sent to kill lex luthor. Red arrow takes centre stage along with aqua lad. I loved the twist at the end, as well as the fight scenes.
Alpha male was a Great episode too, rob lowe voicing captain marvel is genius, I love how he's hanging around a lot more.

I like zatanna as a teen and hope she joins as a full time memeber soon.
Miss martin is a cute with a wicked power set. (Hello Megan) will she become a white martian soon?
Aqualad is kick ass, I love how he uses his powers. I wonder if he's black mantas son?
Kid flash is adorckable and I wanna see his powers grow, a flash family episode please?
Robin is very different from the other versions, he's less angry I've noticed. Some fans are pissed its Dick grayson and not Tim Drake. Oh well, I think the producers went with the more popular chioce.
Superboy is great, I love how anti superman he is. Kal needs to grow up and acknowledge Connor. Anyone ellse dying to finde out if he has lex luthor dna?
Finally Artemis, I've finally warmed to her."Homefront" was such a good episode for her i love how she's chesires sister. The shows producers mentioned that someone will die, im guessing ita gonna be her, but I could be very wrong. Could be Superboy (who was killed in the comics) ore robin (maybe aka Jason) its set in its own universe so they can follow their own Canon.

Wondergirl is slated to appear. I like donna and cassie equally so I'm not bothers which shows up.
Will we see villians like deathstroke? Maybe characters from teen titans? Is rather see newer characters like miss martian, characters like poweboy, bombshell, ravenger, kid devil etc...
Who knows? I could stomach order totals coming in too, but i like seeing newer characters. hell maybe even stargirl from the jsa could join?

Season two is confirmed and we have a few episodes left of season one. The next season is called invasion, I wonder who is invadeing? Hmmmm. Anyway my only preference is whoever geys killed off
Goes out heroically. And make zatanna a permanent member.
Also more red arrow, chesire, superman, lex luthor and  ras al ghul please Mr producers.

What are everyone ellse thoughts?

LunarSage

I haven't seen it but it sounds interesting.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Chris Brady

They aren't on Youtube anymore...  *Snif*
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

I thought I saw somewhere that Aqualad was confirmed as Black Manta's son.  I'm not sure if it was in-series or online somewhere.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

Maybe it's the comic book version of Aqualad?  I know at the very least that Artemis is the daughter of a super-villain on the show, so...

Cold Heritage

I enjoyed Teen Titans. The episodes with Slade were rather nice, especially the ones with Robin as Slade's apprentice. My favourite character was Beast Boy. Beast Boy will always be like this in my heart:

http://ax11.com/young-justice

They've got eps up here, just not on the youtube. Other video sites. Kind of nice, and they aren't flipped backwards like they were on the youtube.

So far I'm enjoying the series. I like the Connor/M'gan pairing. I liked in one of the most recent episodes with the team getting therapy, and Robin's there, and he admits to Black Canary that while he always thought he would grow up and become the Batman, he did not have the thing inside him that the Batman does, and never wants to get to that point. It was rather nice.

And Superman does need to man the fuck up and give Connor some guidance. Where's this guy?

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

VoluptuousVixen

I think the animation is top rate. The character designs are great. It's the kinde of cartoon which. Sets a high standard. It will be inttesting to see it develop.

Samael

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 23, 2011, 10:50:24 PM

And Superman does need to man the fuck up and give Connor some guidance. Where's this guy?

I just want to say that I love that scene so very much.
Superman has never been written so perfectly (in the last years), than here.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

VoluptuousVixen

I think it is showing how "young" the league are as well. I'm hopeing supermans neglect of connor will bite him in the butt. I think this is how lex could  come to play and be the complete opposite of kal and be a seemingly supportive farther. I could see red arrow saying "you carnt trust luthor, he is a bad guy." And Superboy telling him to shove it.

I could see a Superboy/red arrow fight. The two hot heads of the group.
Just rewatched episode 3, this show was great from the start. I loved how they foreshadowed all of red totnados story in that one. I loved it when we saw red inferno and red torpedo those androids kicked ass.

The one episode I wasn't fond of was the doctor fate one. I thought they killed him off too quickly. But this is why I love this toons, characters Can die. Given its set in its own universe. I think its earth 31 but correct me if I'm wrong. It just means anything can happen.

I know sum fans don't like the Superboy/miss martian romance because in the comics he was with wonder girl. Still from what I read their romance was shirt lived. I'm a big fan of the Superboy/miss Martin love.

My guess is arrowette will have a similar storyline to Terra who joined and betrayed the titans.
I'm thinking kid flash will be heartbroken just as beast boy was.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oniya on November 23, 2011, 10:06:02 PM
I thought I saw somewhere that Aqualad was confirmed as Black Manta's son.  I'm not sure if it was in-series or online somewhere.
Actually, that's canon.  Also, he'll be known as Tempest, later in his career.  Hell, in the first season (Which I got to see until episode 10) we got to see Aqualad and Black Manta go at it, and they KNEW about each other, and that BM was his father.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming