Kurzyk (Khelek) (1)
Ryven (Scaryven) (1) - Doomsday
Xandi (1) - Marguerite
(Elusive) Elandra (0)
Morningsdreams (0)
sinera (sinderella) (0)
tes11 (0)

Yet to vote: Bliss

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Bee, 1 Ladybug, and 7 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

tes11

tes11 was lost on his way to Charles's house as he is new in the village and not familiar with the roads.

As he reached the destination, He was surprise to know that everyone has started to point their fingers at each other. He was told that it was LadySky who started it and the reason was that person is not available at the time.

"It could be me since I'm late! How dare you accuse someone that is not around! They are defenseless since they're not even here to defend themselves!"
My Ons and Offs
Apologies and Absences: -

Bliss

Rising late, it seemed a lovely fall day when Bliss rose and puttered around her cottage and then the yard of her wee little llama farm, before heading into the village to get some errands done - where, oddly, it seemed everyone was milling about in front of Charles' house. Puzzled, she wandered over as none of the shops seemed to be open, looking in puzzlement at the frightened, pale faces she walked past - and once she managed a peek in the door, seeing the blood-spattered form, hers went pale as well, with a horrified gasp.

"What happened here?!"
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Elandra

Wiping her tears on the back of her hand, Elandra looked up from Xandi's shoulder to see Bliss enter the house. It was becoming a bit crowded and certainly stuff, the stench of the body almost overwhelming. Holding back the sobs, she spoke softly, gasps interspersing her words, "One amongst us murdered poor Charles."
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Bliss

"Charles?! Oh no, it couldn't be-" Her words cut off abruptly as the smell of the body hit her, thickly slaughterhouse, and she pushed her way back out into the yard trying not to lose her breakfast into the bushes. "How could anybody have done such a thing?" Her head snapped up, searching the face around her. "Who did it?!"
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Autumn52

Patting Elandra's back Xandi says, We have begun pointing fingers, but I can't believe one of us would have done this. It is just to horrible. What do you think Bliss who could have done this?
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Bliss

Looking uncertainly around at the others, listening to their whispers and accusations, her face fell, and she sighed softly. "It's a sad truth that there tend to be two reactions of the guilty; either to stay silent and out of the way, or to point fingers immediately to throw off blame. As I was last to arrive, I certainly know I was not trying to avoid anything... therefore I must turn my eye upon LadySky as the misfortunate perpetrator of this terrible deed."
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

Final Voting:

LadySky (Lady Leopard) (3) - sinera, tes11, Bliss
Marguerite (2) - morningsdreams, Xandi
Remiel (O'Lantern) (2) - Kurzyk (Kehlek), Elandra
Bliss (Drama Llama) (1) - LadySky/Leopard
Doomsday Jesus (Darkly Dreaming Doomsday) (1) - (Sca)ryven
Kurzyk (Khelek) (1)
Ryven (Scaryven) (1) - Doomsday
Xandi (1) - Marguerite
(Elusive) Elandra (0)
Morningsdreams (0)
sinera (sinderella) (0)
tes11 (0)

Her fate decided, LadySky was led out to the center of the village.  The Hanging Tree there had not been used for generations, but it still stood, ancient and twisted, but sturdy.  It took only a few moments for her life to end, and the villagers stood watching anxiously for a sign.  But the only sign was that of a single perfect Rose, for LadySky was quite innocent.

• Bliss (Drama Llama)
  • Doomsday Jesus (Darkly Dreaming Doomsday)
  • (Elusive) Elandra
  • Kurzyk (Khelek)
  • LadySky (Lady Leopard) Rose, lynched
  • Marguerite
  • Morningsdreams
  • Remiel (O'Lantern)
  • Ryven (Scaryven)
  • sinera
  • tes11
  • Xandi

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Bee, 1 Ladybug, and 6 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bliss

Having cast that final vote, Bliss forced herself to stand and watch as LadySky was strung high - and at the sight of the Rose sign flaring, she went pale and took a stumbling step backward. "Gods... what have I done?" she whispered.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Doomsday

Doomsday watches with some regret as a rope is wrapped around Sky's delicate neck. It would be worth it if she was a thorn... A lever is pulled and she's pulled into the air, and soon the life goes out of her pretty eyes...

But she's not a thorn. She's just a rose, like he is. "Gods," Doomsday gasps, turning his head away.

Autumn52

As the rope is tightened around poor LadySky's neck, Xandi hopes and wishes this is the right thing to do. When the life is choked out of her, Xandi gasp and cries out in horror at what we have all done. Another rose is dead tonight and this time we have only ourselves to blame.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Kurzyk

As the life escaped from her, he turned away and rested against a tree. With a deep sigh he watched the clouds pass and thought of the times he'd tried to gather the nerve to ask her to dance at the festivals, and had opted to stay silent. Or how he longed for her when the night was dark, and the bed was empty. Now he would never get his chance.

"Innocence suffered at our hands," he said in a grave tone to those present. "We've lost a kind heart."

Ryven

The muffin man gasps, his hand moving up to cover his mouth.  "My god..."  It was all he said before laying a muffin with the deceased Lady before she was buried.

sinera

Tears form now in sinera's eyes as she realizes that LadySky was indeed an innocent.

"How many more of us must die before these accursed Thorns are once more removed from our lovely garden?" she weeps bitterly even as the realization that the thorns will strike again once darkness falls.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Valerian

Mourning, the villagers wandered away to their homes, preparing to face another uncertain night.  Few slept well, in spite of having locked up their houses as best they could -- even the faintest sound seemed sinister, and no one could rest easily.

As the sun rose the next day, the villagers breathed a sigh of relief at having survived another night... all except one, for the Thorns had in fact claimed another victim.  Ryven would no longer bake muffins for his fellow villagers, and another Rose was lost.

• Bliss (Drama Llama)
  • Doomsday Jesus (Darkly Dreaming Doomsday)
  • (Elusive) Elandra
  • Kurzyk (Khelek)
  • LadySky Rose, lynched
  • Marguerite
  • Morningsdreams
  • Remiel (O'Lantern)
  • Ryven Rose, killed by Thorns
  • sinera
  • tes11
  • Xandi

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Bee, 1 Ladybug, and 5 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

"Ooh, these smell so wonderful," Morning murmured, burrowing her nose into the wicker basket overflowing with freshly cut flowers as she came up to Ryven's kitchen door.  Lightly she knocked, waited a moment and then knocked again, harder the second time.  Still, nothing but silence -- there wasn't a peep coming from the kitchen. Strange.  Normally Ryven was up before now to start his delicious muffins, the precise reason for her visit. 

With a growing frown, Morning quietly admitted herself into the kitchen.  She took only two steps before she saw just why Ryven wasn't awake and baking -- the muffin man was dead in his own kitchen.  A second later, she let out a piercing scream, the basket of flowers spilling out over the floor.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

It truly was a dark night for the villagers of Rosebriar.  First an innocent, Ladysky, had fallen prey to the fear-fueled bloodlust of the mob; then, the muffin man, Ryven, had been killed by thorns.  And it was a double tragedy, because who now would deliver the muffins every morning?

Remiel knew that his prize BlueFire rose bushes would have to wait -- the village was in dire jeopardy of being picked off, one by one. If there was to be any hope for the future, the villagers would have to identify and eliminate the Thorns, and fast.

"All right, my friends, let's try to use deductive reasoning to figure out which of us might be depraved enough to do this deed.  Fact: we know that three people voted for ladysky, who turned out to be innocent.  These three people are sinera, tes11, and Bliss.  Fact: there are three thorns.  Is it possible that all three of those who voted for ladysky are thorns? Yes, it is possible. 

"However..."  he stuck a corn-cob pipe in his mouth and used it to blow some bubbles.  "If that were the case, it would be extremely obvious who they were.  Too obvious.  I posit that the Thorns are not that stupid.  However, they would have needed to make sure that an innocent--ladysky in this case--would get the noose, and not one of their own; so I think we can safely say that at least one, or possibly two, of these three are guilty.  The only question is, which is it?"

Doomsday

Doomsday Jesus had slept most of the night with a baseball bat in hand and one eye open, making him groggy and wholly unapproachable the next day. He was calmed a bit by a nice cup of coffee, and decided a fresh apple cruller would go along spectacularly with the coffee, so he set out to Ryven's bakery, only to find a crowd forming around the place.

"What's this?" He asks, gently nudging himself through the crowd, and immediately regretted it when he saw Ryven's lifeless body on the ground. "Gods," he gasped, shaking his head and backing away from the scene a bit.

He listens to Remiel's theory, while leaning against the brick-walled bakery. "This is interesting. I think it is highly plausible, but i doubt that a thorn would have waited so long to cast her vote. Either Miss Bliss is not a thorn, or just a terrible procrastinator." He looked over to sinera, smiling grimly. He didn't think it was her... "I think it might have been tes. Or maybe you, Remiel? Awfully quick to color other people in shades of gray are you."

sinera

sinera hummed to herself a little ditty as she made her way to Ryven's bakery. He'd promised to have some of her favorite corn muffins ready today. She really needed the pick-me-up after the horrid events of the last two days.

She prayed the thorns hadn't struck again in the night, though deep down she was afraid they had. Seeing people gathered at Ryven's wasn't an unusual sight, but there was something different today. "Oh no," she gasped and hurried her steps to reach DDJ's side.

"Not Ryven!!" she exclaimed.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Autumn52

Xandi still shaken from the events of the previous day gets up slowly this morning. She did not sleep well with the knowledge that the thorns have returned. Xandi dresses and as she is drinking her first cup of coffee ambles outside, heading over to Ryven's to get a fresh blueberry muffin.

As Xandi draws closer she notices that there is a crowd gathering and just thinks everyone had the same idea she did of getting a fresh muffin until she hears Sinderellas cry "Not Ryven".

Xandi's heart sinks into her stomach as she approaches, she ask, "What has happened?"

When she is told Ryven has been murdered she falls to her knees, dropping her cup of coffee, crying out, "Not again, not one such as Ryven. The thorns must be stopped, Not One More Rose Can Be Allowed To Fall At Their Hands. We must conquer this evil. Who are the current suspects?"

Doomsday

He cradles an arm over Sinera's shoulder, not quite as distraught by the death but the message behind it. Someone was out there killing... And they were hiding in plain sight. How arrogant.

Turning to Xandi, he says, "I'm not sure. I don't think we can rule anyone out yet. We have no prime suspects." He stops to think for a moment, his gaze distant. Then Doomsday snapped back into reality. "I'm going to place my vote for Xandi. Call it a hunch," he mumbled, looking intensely at her as if trying to gauge her reaction.

Autumn52

Xandi shocked at DDJ accusations, says why would you be so quick to cast the first stone my dear if you did not have something to hide. But I refused to get drawn into this with you and since I am sincerely trying to rid the garden of the true threat which is the thorns I will not retaliate.

I still think that Bliss is suspicious, so I cast my vote there.

Hurt by DDJ accusations Xandi stands quitely and awaits the others votes.

Bliss

Another day, and another attempt to do her shopping, trying desperately to cast off the terrible and clinging psychic residue of the day before - only to find not only the muffin shop closed and its owner ripped from their midst, but herself fingered as one of the culprits!

Wide-eyed and genuinely baffled, her eyes were hurt as she stared at Xandi. "Fear does a terrible thing to a community, and I swear to you all my hands could not be more clean of this horrific deed. Perhaps you know this, and that is why you choose to point at me, Xandi?"
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Autumn52

Perhaps I know that it was you Bliss who truly sealed innocent LadySky's fate, and so are doing it again perhaps.

I implore of you my fellow citizens do not be drawn in to the obvious plot against the garden. I beg of you to look at who could have done these things and there motives.

I have no way of benefiting from any of the deaths but others here do. As our numbers dwindle the enemy keeps growing in strength.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Xandi (2) - Doomsday Jesus, Bliss
Bliss (1) - Xandi
Marguerite (0)
Remiel (0)
Doomsday Jesus (0)
Kurzyk (0)
Elandra (0)
Morningsdreams (0)
sinera (sinderella) (0)
tes11 (0)

Yet to vote: Elandra, Kurzyk, Marguerite, morningsdreams, Remiel, sinera, tes11

There are 3 Thorns, 1 Bee, 1 Ladybug, and 5 Roses.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE