Millennium Slave Law [Players Wanted]

Started by Haibane, May 28, 2012, 07:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

mightymick

Player Name: mightymick
Character Name: William O'Donnell
Sex: Male
Nationality: Irish
Physical attributes: 6'4'', 215 lbs, Brown Hair w/some Grey, Blue Eyes
Background and Personality Notes: William was an investment banker in Dublin, taking the money of the Emerald Isle's wealthy elite and setting up funds, trusts, and the popular secret account for, 'discretionary spending.' And if he took some off the top, wasn't that his right? Then, slave laws were passed around the world, and the young man saw new potential, particularly since the Republic immediately passed laws to prevent female enslavement. Then again, when a part of the UK sits on your island, it's hard to keep slavery out completely, and William was one of the first to see the potential.
Unfortunately, when you're stealing money from pensioners and officials alike, and participating in what his government called "a crime against humanity," naturally, someone would talk, a money trail would be found, and soon the Gardai and Interpol are breaking down your door. However, unlike the many scam artists that had come before him, William was smart enough to quit while he was ahead, moving his money into several accounts in Monaco and flying the coop once the writing was on the wall. Now, with the rest of his life ahead of him, he looks to enjoy his early retirement in this balmy Mediterranean paradise.

William is white-collar through and through, always looking for the deal to be made instead of throwing fists or bullets. When he traded slaves, he was always as far away from the abductions as possible, serving as a money-handler and middleman, using his contacts to find buyers and get them what they wanted. He's a numbers-guy, a planner, and a salesmen, and it made him rich. More importantly, it kept him free to enjoy his ill-gotten gains, and like all competitors, he doesn't think he'll be able to resist the urge to get back in the game, especially now that he finds himself in this European crossroad.
Mike's Roleplay Requests

A/A's

All my Love to Tomorrow

Haibane

Yes, he seems to fit quite well. So he's not an active trafficker now, but retired?

Have you an image?

Chrystal

There is an error in Mick's code

[img]http://[float=right]http://images.wikia.com/doblaje/es/images/1/19/RayLiotta.jpg[/float][/img]
[b]Player Name:[/b] mightymick
[b]Character Name:[/b] William O'Donnell
[b]Sex:[/b] Male
[b]Status:[/b] Free
[b]Occupation:[/b] Investment Banker/Slave Trader
[b]Age:[/b] 39
[b]Nationality:[/b] Irish
[b]Physical attributes:[/b] 6'4'', 215 lbs, Brown Hair w/some Grey, Blue Eyes
[b]Background and Personality Notes:[/b]

(Description removed for space)

The first line should be:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://images.wikia.com/doblaje/es/images/1/19/RayLiotta.jpg[/img][/float]

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

mightymick

Ah! Que Bonita! Thanks Chrystal, I owe you two now. Here's his portrait and everything.

@Haibane, yes, he's retired, but he may look into setting up a side business if he gets bored. Kinda funny I picked a photo of Liotta considering Goodfellas :-).
Mike's Roleplay Requests

A/A's

All my Love to Tomorrow

Haibane

You're accepted into the game Mick, please pop over to the OOC and say hi, and you can discuss with people how best to fit into the game.

Chrystal

Quote from: mightymick on July 18, 2012, 02:15:37 PM
Ah! Que Bonita! Thanks Chrystal, I owe you two now. Here's his portrait and everything.

@Haibane, yes, he's retired, but he may look into setting up a side business if he gets bored. Kinda funny I picked a photo of Liotta considering Goodfellas :-).

Happy to help. Actually, I'm helping mostly to take some of the load of Hai.

Fenrisulfr

As I quite recently have cleared out one of my RL commitments from my schedule, I have some time on my hands that could be spent on forum roleplay. I have not been part of a group RP before and this one looks interesting so I thought I should check if there was room for me to join in. :)

I would be most interested in creating a character that is owning his wife and daughter, or a younger man owning his mother and sister. As he recently have got his hand on a lot of money he has moved to Monaco to set up a business (perhaps a brothel? As there was one mentioned, he might visit the existing one for some research).

But I might come up with other character ideas. :)

Haibane

Hi Fenris and thanks for your interest in my game.

If your character has just recently come into a lot of money he could be a lottery winner.

I am still preferring French characters over any other nationality right now as we had a lot of foreign characters created at the beginning and I'm keen to see the balance redressed.

Right now I don't think we have any players free to play 2 more slaves, so your characters slave wife and daughter would need to be NPCs until we can find someone okay with taking either role, unless you have a favourite partner or two you can invite?

However all the existing players are aware of this thread and one of them may be happy to play one of them.

persephone325

This looks interesting. I like the idea behind it.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Haibane

Why thank you ;)

Would you be interested in playing the role of a slave or a free woman?

persephone325

I wouldn't mind being a slave, if more are needed. But either one is fine with me.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Haibane

Fenris just above you has shown an interest, and he's looking for a wife and a daughter as his slaves, so drop him a PM or check out his O/Os and find out if he is someone you are okay to RP opposite.

Fenrisulfr

Quote from: Haibane on July 23, 2012, 03:10:11 AM
Hi Fenris and thanks for your interest in my game.

If your character has just recently come into a lot of money he could be a lottery winner.
I was thinking, if I create the husband, lottery or perhaps wrote a bestseller. If I create the son, it is inherited money (father, uncle and grandfather and male cousin died in the same accident, and the uncle was loaded).

QuoteI am still preferring French characters over any other nationality right now as we had a lot of foreign characters created at the beginning and I'm keen to see the balance redressed.
Hm... I was more thinking along the way to make a Swede or a German. But a Frenchman might work.

QuoteRight now I don't think we have any players free to play 2 more slaves, so your characters slave wife and daughter would need to be NPCs until we can find someone okay with taking either role, unless you have a favourite partner or two you can invite?
I passed by persephone's profile. I think we have at least a couple of incompatibilities, but I have sent her a PM. In any case, I think I should have at least one "spot" filled before joining myself. So I will create both characters more as drafts for now, so I can pick one and modify it as needed before joining in.

Haibane

Alright, that all sounds good.

You don't need to explain other male family member deaths (we've had several already and it gets a bit stale) but an inheritance works well, it could even be a distant relative who simply favoured this young man.

Fenrisulfr

Quote from: Haibane on July 23, 2012, 10:08:15 AMYou don't need to explain other male family member deaths (we've had several already and it gets a bit stale) but an inheritance works well, it could even be a distant relative who simply favoured this young man.
Well, that would rule out owning his mother and sister. Unless there is another reason why the ownership got transfered to him (dad is a MtF-transgender and did the operation, or completed it, after the law :o ?!?)

Chrystal

Excuse me offering my 2p worth here, but it doesn't rule out anything.

My character, Marie-Claire Lisson, owns her mother. Her father gave the slave to her as an 18th birthday present, because he'd grown tired of her. M. Lisson is a NPC controlled by myself and Helvorn (who plays Maman-cunt Lisson).

There is absolutely no reason why your young man could not have inherited a small fortune from a distant relative, either before or after being given his own mother as a slave by his father, for whatever reason. As to whether he is CMR to his sister, that is an interesting question that I'm not sure if Haibane has answered. Either way, it might be that his father was out of town on business when his sister's 18th birthday came up, so he took her down to the BAF offices to be registered, and ended up with his name on the ownership documents by default.

Just a couple of options for you to work with and expand on.

Haibane

Quote from: Fenrisulfr on July 23, 2012, 10:56:31 AM
Well, that would rule out owning his mother and sister. Unless there is another reason why the ownership got transfered to him.
Gifts, as Chrystal has suggested. Or the father was the CMR but is mentally unstable or ill or mentally impaired and so, come the age of 18, the son, with the help of his family lawyer (who self-servingly gets a cut of the estate as his fee) the boy sends his father into care and gleefully takes ownership of his mother and sister (who had been slaves of his father but were never molested and just lived normal lives because of his illness he wasn't interested in doing pervert things with them). If boy turns 18 then sister is twin or older of course.

I like the 3-way incestuous aspect of this, especially a boy who is, say, 18 and his sister is older, about 21-22 whom he forces to have lesbian sex with her mother while he watches.

All I meant was, because the son owns the two women does not necessarily mean we need a death in the family or any explanation unless you wanted to make it a talking point of the boy's bacstory.

WendySlaveGirl

Hmmm...this looks very interesting and could be right up my alley! Do you have any openings for slaves?

Haibane

Hi Wendy, thank you for your interest.

Yes, still accepting players.

Fenrisulfr, a few posts above you, is looking for two players to be his character's slaves - one to be his mother and one his sister. He's already talking to one player so one of those roles may be taken.

Fenrisulfr

Quote from: WendySlaveGirl on July 23, 2012, 10:19:45 PM
Hmmm...this looks very interesting and could be right up my alley! Do you have any openings for slaves?
I'll PM you and we can see if we can find something that interest us both. Beside the "young man owns his mother and sister" I can also consider "A man owns his former wife and their daughter." :)

Quote from: Chrystal on July 23, 2012, 11:06:13 AM
Excuse me offering my 2p worth here, but it doesn't rule out anything.

My character, Marie-Claire Lisson, owns her mother. Her father gave the slave to her as an 18th birthday present, because he'd grown tired of her. M. Lisson is a NPC controlled by myself and Helvorn (who plays Maman-cunt Lisson).
True. :) I guess it is more just that I don't want them to have become his by gift or purchase and not even considered that option.

QuoteThere is absolutely no reason why your young man could not have inherited a small fortune from a distant relative, either before or after being given his own mother as a slave by his father, for whatever reason. As to whether he is CMR to his sister, that is an interesting question that I'm not sure if Haibane has answered. Either way, it might be that his father was out of town on business when his sister's 18th birthday came up, so he took her down to the BAF offices to be registered, and ended up with his name on the ownership documents by default.
I interpreted the CMR more in form of "genealogy" and not the one that was physically closest.
Something like:
0. Husband (only used when the law got enacted)
1. Adult son (perhaps not many are aware of this one, as so few become slaves after their son has turned 18).
2. Father
3. Oldest adult brother
4. Grandfather
5. Oldest uncle
6. Grandfathers oldest brother
7. Oldest adult first cousin of fathers side
8. The state

Quote from: Haibane on July 23, 2012, 12:01:18 PM
Gifts, as Chrystal has suggested. Or the father was the CMR but is mentally unstable or ill or mentally impaired and so, come the age of 18, the son, with the help of his family lawyer (who self-servingly gets a cut of the estate as his fee) the boy sends his father into care and gleefully takes ownership of his mother and sister (who had been slaves of his father but were never molested and just lived normal lives because of his illness he wasn't interested in doing pervert things with them). If boy turns 18 then sister is twin or older of course.
Having the father being declared mentally impaired would probably put him as the Closest Male Relative for a younger sister anyway, as long as he has turned 18. :) I'll use that for one of my ideas.

QuoteI like the 3-way incestuous aspect of this, especially a boy who is, say, 18 and his sister is older, about 21-22 whom he forces to have lesbian sex with her mother while he watches.
Basically what I had in mind, no matter if I do the young man or former husband. :)

QuoteAll I meant was, because the son owns the two women does not necessarily mean we need a death in the family or any explanation unless you wanted to make it a talking point of the boy's bacstory.
Well... I made up a four possible versions so far. Three of them is "young man" versions; one have a dead father, one have an old father that is declared mentally unfit, one have a father that left and disappeared when the son was a toddler. Last one would require an extension to the law. I will PM a draft to you, and you can decide if you want to use or modify it for your setting; or just toss it :)

Slave owner (Husband), 40-45 years old.
Slave (former wife), 39-41 years old
Slave (Daughter), 18 years old
Middle class family from Monaco
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Husband is a psychologist (got rich by winning the lottery; or inherited a crazy old lady who thought she donated all her money to a church, but got confused while writing up the will). While he made a good salary counseling the rich, the cost of living in Monaco made him more or less a struggling middle class member.

Wife got caught cheating right before the law. He has used his skills as a psychologist to train her.

As a punishment for the adultery, he had planned to sell her to a brothel. But the slavery kind of rekindled their love, in a strange perverted way so he kept her. He probably have been letting her work as a bar hopping prostitute. The daughter got put in slave-ed, and he has used his professional skills to train her as well.

Slave owner (son), 23-25 years old
Slave (mother), Mother 39-41 years old
Slave (sister), 18 years old
Middle class if inherited the money from his uncle. Wealthy middle class if it was his father who had the money.
Mother was about to divorce her husband right before the law. Being an old fashioned man, he tried every trick in the book to delay the divorce. As the new law made her his slave, she could no longer divorce him. The father kept his slave as if she was his wife. He had the daughter going to a private school, let her date, and treated her as a princess; there was no question that he would free her as she turned 18.

Just a year ago, the father died in an accident (perhaps with the grandfather, uncle and male cousin; that gives a few female slave NPCs in the background, but in another part of Europe). The son, raised through the new system saw his family as a perversion. He sent his sister to slave-ed to caught up for lost time. As she had been allowed to date, he assumed she was not a virgin any more and signed her up for the penetrative demonstrations.

Now as the sister has turned 18 and became his slave, he have moved to Monaco to set up a new life.

Slave owner (son), 20 years old
Slave (mother), 40-42 years old
Father (declared mentally unfit), 70-80 years old.
Filthy rich upper class family from Monaco. Father declared mentally unfit due to dementia.
Mother was about to divorce her husband right before the law. Being an old fashioned man, he tried every trick in the book to delay the divorce. As the new law made her his slave, she could no longer divorce him. The father kept his slave as if she was his wife. He had the daughter going to a private school, let her date, and treated her as a princess; there was no question that he would free her as she turned 18.

Just a year ago, the father's dementia got to the point where the son could have him declared mentally unfit. The son, raised through the new system saw his family as a perversion. He sent his sister to slave-ed to caught up for lost time. As she had been allowed to date, he assumed she was not a virgin any more and signed her up for the penetrative demonstrations.
Now as the sister has turned 18 and became his slave, he has decided that all of her old friends should see her for what she are and always should have been.

***** This one require a visa system for foreign female visitors. While I have made a draft for one to make this idea work, it might not fit Haibane's vision of the setting *****
Slave (mother), 39-42 years old
Slave (sister), 22-23 years old
Middle class family. Emigrated to Ireland before the law, to where the grandfather moved 25 years ago.
The father left the family when the son was just a toddler. No one knows where he is; the paper trail ended in south east Asia about 15 years ago.
When the son turned 18, he moved to Paris to live with his grandfathers brother; an old man that had got rich on trading slaves. The old man trained the young man as a form of apprentice, giving him his wisdoms. The old man would have been considered a misogynist even by the early 20th century standards and considers female and slave to just be different way to type the same word. Free women was just slaves that weak men had let run loose. Being raised in Ireland with their non-slavery values, he is more than a bit conflicted. But the main reason he moved back to France was because he wanted to own slaves.

As the old man turned ill, not likely to survive, his mother and sister came over to visit (about three months ago). The law stated that female visitors should have a caretaker while visiting. The young man's grandfather's other brother was selected as the caretaker. Part of being a caretaker was to deal out pre-emptive discipline. The mother could never imagine he would do it at all; he did it far more than required. The excitement of flogging them gave the man a mild heart attack. Nothing serious, but enough to make him unable to perform the duties of a caretaker. If a caretaker becomes unfit, the female visitor is placed under custody until she can be sent out of the country to the registered closest male relative.

When taking the trip, the mother was certain that the closest male relative was her own father. So if anything would happen, they would be sent back to Ireland. But the Bureau of Female Affairs found while verifying her papers that she had a son, and as a son was considered a closer relative than a father (or perhaps a new husband, thinking that counts), they became his. At least this meant that the mother had the opportunity to care for her uncle as he passed away a couple of weeks later.

The will stated that almost all of the old man's estate were to be inherited by the young man. Wanting to get away from the house, owning a lot of money and two beautiful slaves, he decided to take an advice the old man once gave him; "if you ever find yourself with money to invest, start a brothel in Monaco. The rich still want the variation and the kicks. Many of the tourists won't bring their own, and quite a few comes from countries where slaves are forbidden and they look forward to fuck one. Best of all, make it perverse."

Haibane

Quote from: Fenrisulfr on July 24, 2012, 05:31:05 AM
0. Husband (only used when the law got enacted)
1. Adult son (perhaps not many are aware of this one, as so few become slaves after their son has turned 18).
2. Father
3. Oldest adult brother
4. Grandfather
5. Oldest uncle
6. Grandfathers oldest brother
7. Oldest adult first cousin of fathers side
8. The state
I have listed the sequence somewhere already, when talking over a character with another player.

1. Husband
2. Father
3. Adult son(s) (by seniority)
4. Adult brother(s) (by seniority)
5. Grandfather(s) (parent before marriage relative)
6. Uncle(s) (by seniority)

I had the list end at that rank since then we get into what I consider less than 'close' family and also I needed to bear in mind that the BFA would require a certain proportion of slaves to be unowned in order to become public property and their sale to bring in revenue for the state.

Slave owner (Husband), 40-45 years old.
Slave (former wife), 39-41 years old
Slave (Daughter), 18 years old
Middle class family from Monaco
Husband is a psychologist (got rich by winning the lottery; or inherited a crazy old lady who thought she donated all her money to a church, but got confused while writing up the will). While he made a good salary counseling the rich, the cost of living in Monaco made him more or less a struggling middle class member.

Wife got caught cheating right before the law. He has used his skills as a psychologist to train her.

As a punishment for the adultery, he had planned to sell her to a brothel. But the slavery kind of rekindled their love, in a strange perverted way so he kept her. He probably have been letting her work as a bar hopping prostitute. The daughter got put in slave-ed, and he has used his professional skills to train her as well.
I think Monaco is that kind of place where you either get accepted in or you don't - if he has enough money he's in. Lacking funds below a certain threshold and a proven income would mean being rejected, so although I did suggest this before, a lottery winner probably would not be allowed in because there's no proven means of satisfactory income. I get the impression that Monaco's immigration laws are unashamedly elitist and they just reject the sort of person they don't like! So ordinary people who win 50m on the lottery still do not get in, despite perhaps exceeding the minimum bank balance by several million, simply because they are nobodies. However some struggling minor European nobility probably would get in, with a borderline bank balance and unreliable income from tenants on some ancestral land.

But your character can live in France right over the border (the border runs down the middle of some streets BTW, one row of the apartments are in Monaco and the other side is in France (and thus about 1/4 of the value).

Be that as it may, a lottery win or inheritance is okay to get you an address on the French side of the street.

Slave owner (son), 23-25 years old
Slave (mother), Mother 39-41 years old
Middle class if inherited the money from his uncle. Wealthy middle class if it was his father who had the money.
Mother was about to divorce her husband right before the law. Being an old fashioned man, he tried every trick in the book to delay the divorce. As the new law made her his slave, she could no longer divorce him. The father kept his slave as if she was his wife. He had the daughter going to a private school, let her date, and treated her as a princess; there was no question that she would become free when she turned 18.

Just a year ago, the father died in an accident (perhaps with the grandfather, uncle and male cousin; that gives a few female slave NPCs in the background, but in another part of Europe). The son, raised through the new system saw his family as a perversion. He sent his sister to slave-ed to caught up for lost time. As she had been allowed to date, he assumed she was not a virgin any more and signed her up for the penetrative demonstrations.

Now as the sister has turned 18 and became his slave, he have moved to Monaco to set up a new life.
Works for me, but no need to remove all the other male relatives since adult son and adult brother come right after father/husband. The son is the CMR of both his mother and his sister.

Slave (mother), 40-42 years old
Father (declared mentally unfit), 70-80 years old.
Filthy rich upper class family from Monaco. Father declared mentally unfit due to dementia.

Just a year ago, the father's dementia got to the point where the son could have him declared mentally unfit. The son, raised through the new system saw his family as a perversion. He sent his sister to slave-ed to caught up for lost time. As she had been allowed to date, he assumed she was not a virgin any more and signed her up for the penetrative demonstrations.
Now as the sister has turned 18 and became his slave, he has decided that all of her old friends should see her for what she are and always should have been.
Works fine!

***** This one require a visa system for foreign female visitors. While I have made a draft for one to make this idea work, it might not fit Haibane's vision of the setting *****
Slave (mother), 39-42 years old
Slave (sister), 22-23 years old
Middle class family. Emigrated to Ireland before the law, to where the grandfather moved 25 years ago.
The father left the family when the son was just a toddler. No one knows where he is; the paper trail ended in south east Asia about 15 years ago.
When the son turned 18, he moved to Paris to live with his grandfathers brother; an old man that had got rich on trading slaves. The old man trained the young man as a form of apprentice, giving him his wisdoms. The old man would have been considered a misogynist even by the early 20th century standards and considers female and slave to just be different way to type the same word. Free women was just slaves that weak men had let run loose. Being raised in Ireland with their non-slavery values, he is more than a bit conflicted. But the main reason he moved back to France was because he wanted to own slaves.

As the old man turned ill, not likely to survive, his mother and sister came over to visit (about three months ago). The law stated that female visitors should have a caretaker while visiting. The young man's grandfather's other brother was selected as the caretaker. Part of being a caretaker was to deal out pre-emptive discipline. The mother could never imagine he would do it at all; he did it far more than required. The excitement of flogging them gave the man a mild heart attack. Nothing serious, but enough to make him unable to perform the duties of a caretaker. If a caretaker becomes unfit, the female visitor is placed under custody until she can be sent out of the country to the registered closest male relative.

When taking the trip, the mother was certain that the closest male relative was her own father. So if anything would happen, they would be sent back to Ireland. But the Bureau of Female Affairs found while verifying her papers that she had a son, and as a son was considered a closer relative than a father (or perhaps a new husband, thinking that counts), they became his. At least this meant that the mother had the opportunity to care for her uncle as he passed away a couple of weeks later.

The will stated that almost all of the old man's estate were to be inherited by the young man. Wanting to get away from the house, owning a lot of money and two beautiful slaves, he decided to take an advice the old man once gave him; "if you ever find yourself with money to invest, start a brothel in Monaco. The rich still want the variation and the kicks. Many of the tourists won't bring their own, and quite a few comes from countries where slaves are forbidden and they look forward to fuck one. Best of all, make it perverse."
I don't think this one works as I don't agree with your visitors visa. To me a female from a non-slave state voluntarily coming into a slave state would be granted freedom for the duration of her visit, upon payment of a fee. Such visits are highly unlikely to exceed a year's duration so there is no prospect of them being seized and in any case to do so would be politically unwise internationally. I should think a visitor whose permit expired and who could not pay an extension fee or who wasn't invited to extend her visitors visa would be sent home. Thus the details of this story don't work.

Personally I like the son being younger than the sister best of all since perverted teen boys getting that kind of power in their hands is hot (assuming he would be turning 18), and it could be arranged via a gift, but not this way. Hm, I think in fact a gift is about the only way it could be arranged.

Fenrisulfr

Quote from: Haibane on July 24, 2012, 09:00:55 AM
I have listed the sequence somewhere already, when talking over a character with another player.
Works for me :)

QuoteI think Monaco is that kind of place where you either get accepted in or you don't
My idea with this one is that they are Monaco citizens by birth, going back a few generations. But who knows, while being a citizen and over paid by French standard, he still might live on the French side.

QuoteWorks for me, but no need to remove all the other male relatives since adult son and adult brother come right after father/husband. The son is the CMR of both his mother and his sister.
The idea of maybe killing of more is to have inherited is aunt and female cousins. For the sake of the game, they would just be background information on his attempt to to set up a business and a pressure to do so. While having money, paying upkeep and perhaps some training for 3 additional  slaves probably isn't cheap. :)

QuoteI don't think this one works as I don't agree with your visitors visa.
No problem :) Well, I guess one can always resort to kidna... er... illegal export ;D

A question: The yellow areas on the map are where slavery is illegal but the ban isn't properly enforced. The text for the orange areas is a bit unclear. Is my interpretation correct that female slavery is legal in orange areas, but not compulsory? So in the red marked areas, the default for an adult female is slavery but can be freed; but in the orange the default for a female is to be free, but she can be legally enslaved?

QuotePersonally I like the son being younger than the sister best of all since perverted teen boys getting that kind of power in their hands is hot (assuming he would be turning 18), and it could be arranged via a gift, but not this way. Hm, I think in fact a gift is about the only way it could be arranged.
Not sure I would be able to pull off playing a 16-year old good enough for my own satisfaction. But I already have an idea taking form. :)

Fenrisulfr

It is the "Filthy rich upper class family from Monaco. Father declared mentally unfit due to dementia." background that is the current prime background option. But with the modification that the father just have been declared mentally unfit; the mother and sister might not be aware of the fact until they are at the Bureau to get the EE-license for the sister. So the enslavement comes from out of the blue for them. The son might have been involved in hasten the process; it might have taken two or three years until the father's dementia actually warranted to be declared not able to take care of his own business.

Wendy and I have been communication a little through PM's and appears to be compatible writers. So the role of the sister is hers if she want it.

So I will start writing up a character for that particular background.

The role as the mother is still open. Main idea for her is that she got enslaved not to risk a divorce. So her life has been as close to a free woman as one can get while being a slave. Her being a slave has been sort of a "public secret".

Haibane

Quote from: Fenrisulfr on July 24, 2012, 09:51:43 AM
My idea with this one is that they are Monaco citizens by birth, going back a few generations. But who knows, while being a citizen and over paid by French standard, he still might live on the French side.
That would work.

The idea of maybe killing off more is to have inherited his aunt and female cousins. For the sake of the game, they would just be background information on his attempt to to set up a business and a pressure to do so. While having money, paying upkeep and perhaps some training for 3 additional  slaves probably isn't cheap. :)
I understand what you are doing, it just seems rather contrived. And greedy! :D

Like the Royal Family, I find it hard to see a single family having all its significant male members in one mode of transport in case of an accident. This is because men are in such a minority now, and therefore intrinsically valuable.

A question: The yellow areas on the map are where slavery is illegal but the ban isn't properly enforced.
"A considerable number of states resisted the rapid spread of the CFSL and banned all kinds of female slavery. However not all of them are efficient enough to deal with illegal enslavement of females and smuggling." That means no slavery but trafficking goes on due to inefficient policing, etc.

Quote from: Fenrisulfr on July 24, 2012, 09:51:43 AMThe text for the orange areas is a bit unclear. Is my interpretation correct that female slavery is legal in orange areas, but not compulsory? So in the red marked areas, the default for an adult female is slavery but can be freed; but in the orange the default for a female is to be free, but she can be legally enslaved?
The CFSL was passed ONLY in the red countries. All others ban slavery.

Not sure I would be able to pull off playing a 16-year old good enough for my own satisfaction. But I already have an idea taking form. :)
He could be 18, not 16.

The red nations have the slave laws. Everyone else does not. Orange nations turn a blind eye to trafficking and are easy places to steal women from. Yellow places actively fight trafficking and here slave trading is extremely difficult, but possible.

The blue countries are extremely efficient at stopping slave trading and in these countries traffickers have a very hard time and are often imprisoned for very long sentences if caught. In some, trafficking carries the death penalty. Player characters do still run the risks of illegal trafficking with such states.

Quote from: Fenrisulfr on July 26, 2012, 05:25:31 AM
It is the "Filthy rich upper class family from Monaco. Father declared mentally unfit due to dementia." background that is the current prime background option. But with the modification that the father just have been declared mentally unfit; the mother and sister might not be aware of the fact until they are at the Bureau to get the EE-license for the sister. So the enslavement comes from out of the blue for them. The son might have been involved in hasten the process; it might have taken two or three years until the father's dementia actually warranted to be declared not able to take care of his own business.
Yes, this works well.

So this is option 3 but with the daughter never having been through the slave-ed curriculum (and having had boyfriends) and the mother having been enslaved when the laws were enacted but she has effectively lived a free life due to her husbands preferences. Meanwhile the son has been slowly plotiing his evil plans as he has seen his father grow more and more ill with Parkinson's disease. In recent months with the help of the family lawyer he has had the father declared mentally unfit and had the BAF recognise himself as the CMR for his slave mother and underage sister (who now turns 18 and is expecting any day now for father's lawyer to say she can go to the BAF office and he will pay her EE license).

Then in steps her brother with Plan B. Muahaha.