What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyarly

Quote from: Inkidu on September 26, 2010, 06:33:13 PM
Plus, they're changing it up with Dragon Age 2 so, they're very aware.
I believe that only when I see it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Nyarly on September 27, 2010, 12:05:34 AM
I believe that only when I see it.
They said they were having it take place as a story being retold and that it takes place over several years. A very radical shift from their here-and-now story arcs.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Fulgrim

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 and Dragon Age.
This games were fun, as long as I played them - but after I finished them, I wondered why I liked them.
And the only answer I have found so far is that I hoped, the would get better while I played.

Especially Dragon Age was disappointing. I mean, you have a nice prologue and then. Go to these average interesting places and do some stuff without having a real choice. The personal quests...I don't think I have to say something about the personal quests. They simply were bullshit.

Inkidu

I've decided to never play Final Fantasy 13 again. Sure I was probably never going to but now it's official and here's why:

No Uematsu score: Come on guys that's kind of fifty-five percent of any Final Fantasy Game.
At it's heart it's really stereotypically a JRPG. Which is good if you like that I suppose but I need more as I grow in gaming.
Mostly: It insults your intelligence to play it. "Oh you can only go from point A to B. No open world for you.
"Oh, you cannot handle a complex leveling system, get mindless experience and basically level up but with the illusion that you have any decision power in how to develop your characters (The license board is the polar opposite and still bad). It basically tutorials (new verb!) through half the game.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nyarly

Quote from: Inkidu on October 04, 2010, 11:11:37 AM
No Uematsu score: Come on guys that's kind of fifty-five percent of any Final Fantasy Game.
That's not so bad actually. The quality of his work declined over time quite much. The soundtrack of FF IX had some above average and even some good pieces but was mostly just average. FF X is even worse. The normal battle theme is the only one, I really liked and even that one has nothing on the battle themes on previous games. The rest is forgettable Seriously, the soundtrack of FF X and the one of FF VI are worlds apart, I can barely believe that they are made by the same guy.

Jude

I love Umatsu soundtracks, and even as a fan of FFXIII, I had to agree that there weren't as many good songs in it as in previous Final Fantasy entries.

Inkidu

Quote from: Nyarly on October 04, 2010, 01:40:12 PM
That's not so bad actually. The quality of his work declined over time quite much. The soundtrack of FF IX had some above average and even some good pieces but was mostly just average. FF X is even worse. The normal battle theme is the only one, I really liked and even that one has nothing on the battle themes on previous games. The rest is forgettable Seriously, the soundtrack of FF X and the one of FF VI are worlds apart, I can barely believe that they are made by the same guy.
Yeah, but even his bad stuff is better than most I've ever heard. Though most critics agree six was his best work of any of the Final Fantasy games, and I agree. Though I love his work with the Black Mages too, "Maybe I'm a Lion" just rocks.

Miss Arha

Bayushi

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 20, 2010, 12:05:17 AMWoW - Became a dragging, play because you have friends playing game.  Still don't know if I'll play again or not.  Leveling has become a daunting chore over the past couple years as the game has changed.  Getting to level 60 was easy, even playing as a healer.  I may have basically soloed to about level 16-18 but from there on I was always in a group running through some instance.  But then they changed the game, and ever since the Burning Crusade players have had to spend more time doing stupid go and do this or that quests till their eyes bleed to get levels.  And as a healer type, it royally sucked...I managed to get to level 77, but by then I had enough.  Because then it became an issue, oh well if you don't have gold for this or that then you can't do this.  And what was I suppose to do, try to start a 'cyber-whore' ring on WoW to get gold?

Thought I'd touch on this, being a WoW-whore. :P

Leveling a Tank or Healer became ridiculously easier last December with the addition of Random Dungeon Finder(RDF). Tanks and Healers work best in organized groups, which really only occurs in dungeons. You can queue up as a Tank, a Healer, or a Damage dealer(depending on your class, of course), and it will put you into a queue for groups of your level range and port you to a random dungeon in your level range. The RDF allows one to be grouped with players from the other realms in one's battle group, which increases one's chances of getting a quick grouping.

Tank and Healer queue times are near instantaneous, if not outright instant. Damage Dealers(DPS) end up having to wait awhile longer, depending on time of day, your battlegroup, and how many tanks/healers are queued up.

It is nice, as a leveling tank, to have the Random Dungeon Finder as early as level 15, as your leveling gets exponentially faster(particularly if you have heirlooms and rested experience). So far, I've leveled a Protection Paladin from 15 to 63 through JUST the RDF. Less than 5 days /played even.

EDIT:
Almost forgot.

Each dungeon completion under level 80 grants a 'Sack of Helpful Goods', which will contain a blue item of your appropriate armor class. Sometimes rings or necklaces.

Each dungeon completed also grants a fair bit of experience, AND gold. It is an excellent way to make quick and early gold.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Akiko on October 05, 2010, 06:40:41 PM
Thought I'd touch on this, being a WoW-whore. :P

Each dungeon completed also grants a fair bit of experience, AND gold. It is an excellent way to make quick and early gold.

This is MINDBLOWINGLY true. You know how to heal/tank and you can rocket through RDF... in fact if you do this through the 68+ range you can earn tokens up to level 80, which can translate into an epic if you can get 30 or so tokens. Then you can do the 80s heroics..and I know for a fact that you can earn as a dps enough to get t9 armor within a week, a healer or tank (if def capped for heroics) can do it even faster.

Bayushi

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 05, 2010, 06:58:07 PMThis is MINDBLOWINGLY true. You know how to heal/tank and you can rocket through RDF... in fact if you do this through the 68+ range you can earn tokens up to level 80, which can translate into an epic if you can get 30 or so tokens. Then you can do the 80s heroics..and I know for a fact that you can earn as a dps enough to get t9 armor within a week, a healer or tank (if def capped for heroics) can do it even faster.

Even better ways to get gold right now. Though it won't happen for a week or so.

As posted by Nethaera, a Blizzard representative on the official World of Warcraft forum:

QuoteHere's some information on how each of the currencies will be converted in the next content patch. Keep in mind these values may change, and they can get a bit math heavy. Just know that our intent is to appropriately value each mark and provide a conversion we feel is fair.

The following items are immediately converted to gold:

* Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
    * Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
    * Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
    * Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each

Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:

* Old Honor * 0.024
    * Old Arena Points * 0.85
    * Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
    * Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
    * Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
    * Venture Coin * 3
    * Spirit Shard * 1

Your Justice Points total will be equal to (Emblems of Triumph + Emblems of Frost ) * 11.58

Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.

A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm's release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:

* Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
    * Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 47.5 silver per point of Justice.

So by gathering up Triumph Emblems from Heroic dungeons, then downconverting them to Conquest, you can make a sizable portion of gold come (we think)next Tuesday. 100 Emblems of Conquest/Valor/Heroism will be converted into 5,500 gold when the patch drops to Live, as seen in the conversion maths listed above.

Justice Points will be a combination of all of your Triumph and Frost emblems, plus additional points gained from running heroic dungeons. These will be used at the Emblem(point) vendor for Tier 10 level gear, not to mention for Tier 10 itself.

Since my main is already pretty much all Tier 10+ level gear, I'm down-converting to Emblems of Conquest, so I should get a sizable chunk of gold when patch 4.0.1 lands on us.

Sabby

I thought you just hired people to get you Gold while you were out doing IRL stuff...

Hiddenhart

I'm never going to play....Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2. While it was not a bad game in any way, it was so radically different from Dark Cloud 1 that I couldn't adjust....

Doubt anyone knows what these games are though...

Jag

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 06, 2010, 09:35:24 AM
I'm never going to play....Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2. While it was not a bad game in any way, it was so radically different from Dark Cloud 1 that I couldn't adjust....

I love Dark Cloud, the cat girl is my favorite to play, next to her would be the genie girl...DC2 can kiss my ass though.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Hiddenhart

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 06, 2010, 09:47:25 AM
I love Dark Cloud, the cat girl is my favorite to play, next to her would be the genie girl...DC2 can kiss my ass though.

She's my third favorite. The genie (Ruby) is my favorite, followed by the main character (because he's strong). Xiao (catgirl) is just a bit too weak in my opinion. But she is fun/cute ^^

Jag

I always built Xiao up. I got her to the point where I could take almost anything down with one shot and I loved having the slingshot that insulted people. I only used the forest kid (can't remember his name) with the hammer when I absolutely had to. I hated him. He was too slow. The little rabbit guy with the machine gun was fun to play with.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Hiddenhart

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 06, 2010, 09:52:23 AM
I always built Xiao up. I got her to the point where I could take almost anything down with one shot and I loved having the slingshot that insulted people. I only used the forest kid (can't remember his name) with the hammer when I absolutely had to. I hated him. He was too slow. The little rabbit guy with the machine gun was fun to play with.

Steve was the weapon that insulted people. That weapon was funny...I hated Goro with all my life (forest kid) and the bunny guy was kind of cool. Overall, a fun, if slightly repetitive game...^^

Kytn

Oh man, Dark Cloud. I so want to go play that again. >>

And yeah, DC2 was meh. =/
Updates coming soon!

Oniya

*actually likes DC2*

I'm doubting that I'll ever pick up Medevil again.  The jump ability always failed on me at the worst possible times.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 06, 2010, 09:35:24 AM

Welcome to the internet, where everybody knows about the things that you thought were obscure;->

I was a big fan of the Actraiser vibe of the first DC game, plus I love me a good dungeon crawl so it was pretty much an instant classic for me when it came out. DC 2 is certainly radically different however it's a game that deserves a chance on its own merits, it's not the strongest RPG on the console by any stretch of the imagination but it does the job.

Oniya

It's a little more rogue-like than RPG - but then again, I've made it to the amulet of Yendor.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bentley

Alpha Protocol. I was so excited for this game before it came out, but then everything about it was just...uninteresting. I'm unsurprised it's not getting a sequel. I'm a little worried though that its failure killed the possibility of another spy RPG from somewhere else.

Inkidu

Quote from: Bentley on October 09, 2010, 12:04:29 PM
Alpha Protocol. I was so excited for this game before it came out, but then everything about it was just...uninteresting. I'm unsurprised it's not getting a sequel. I'm a little worried though that its failure killed the possibility of another spy RPG from somewhere else.
Or.. they could do what should be done and let Bioware make it. Lets face it, non-standard RPG? You need Bioware like European cars need metric.

mrsjaz

Quote from: Akiko on August 25, 2009, 06:36:13 PM
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: I have it, it is installed on my hard drive. I'm likely to be uninstalling it soon, as frankly, there is no linearity in the plot line, and I've run around for it seems to be 50-60 hours killing anything that attacks, and STILL have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing to progress in the story.

Elder Scrolls Morrowind III nightmare!
..."  i load the game and it says an error message about a snowflake and dark brotherhood objects, and I cant play them."

this was an example of what happend  to me taken from game spot forums, it drove me mad for weeks,,, i lost all my save games files.... >:(
"... And she looked at me with big brown eyes and said, you ain't seen nothin yet."
My ONs & OFFs
Oath of Drake
A/As and  My Status
My Stories/Ideas

Bayushi

Quote from: Sabby on October 06, 2010, 09:31:49 AMI thought you just hired people to get you Gold while you were out doing IRL stuff...

IRL?

What is this IRL you speak of?

Is it that MMO game with the awesome graphics but a horrible death penalty? That's free to play for some, but really expensive for others?