Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

We are updating our Roster soon with new openings! Anyone is welcome to come in and check us out, ask questions or hang out and see if you are a good fit for our group!! We are always open to any gender, and player who wishes to play any gender, and as always we are LGBT friendly with a few of those in our mix already!

We have a big plot getting started and as always are open to doing side plots for anyone who wants to submit those in to the GMs!

We are a slower paced game, easy going, but steady and strong!  This game as been going since 2011 and we aren't stopping anytime soon, if ever! :D

Don't be shy.. don't be scared of group games! We are always open to introducing new members to E, new group players, and old ones as well!

Our game has a pretty detailed accounting for how to get into the game easily without worry on backstory thats already been written. So as I said before just stop in. If you want to just chill in our Chatterroom thats cool too. We're always willing to entertain and get to know people who might be interested in joining or getting to know us!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

GM NOTICE

The following characters are now available to play as PCs:

Archangel
Wolverine

Please express interest via PM to Josietta and myself.  This will not be first come first served.  If multiple players are interested in the characters, we will make the call as to who gets to the PC based on a handful of factors.  We will not be playing favorites.  If you're interested in more than one of the characters listed, feel free to PM us that you're interested in either of them and let us know which one you're more interested in.  These characters are pretty important to the game so if you have interest in playing either of them, please be honest with both us and yourself whether you can truly commit to posting on a regular basis with them.

Thank you.

-Classic X-Men Team

We also have the following canons available for PCs:

Forge
Banshee
Bishop
Longshot
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Rictor
Boom Boom

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, we also welcome original characters.  Feel free to ask any questions you wish here or via PM to myself and Josietta.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Phaia

Hey Lunar how ya been?

Xmen hmm may have to give this some thought... I could dust off Domino! I seem to remember you kinda liked how I was handling her in another group.
Or even Raven Queen ;)

Phaia

LunarSage

Quote from: Phaia on December 09, 2013, 11:07:26 PM
Hey Lunar how ya been?

Xmen hmm may have to give this some thought... I could dust off Domino! I seem to remember you kinda liked how I was handling her in another group.
Or even Raven Queen ;)

Phaia

Heya Phaia.  :-)

Domino is a possibility.

EDIT:  Sorry, I spaced there.  I already told other players no on Domino in the past for this game.

Raven Queen, maybe... though I'd love to see you come up with something entirely fresh for the game too.  We'd love to have you. 

Josietta

Quote from: LunarSage on December 09, 2013, 12:08:33 PM
GM NOTICE

The following characters are now available to play as PCs:

Archangel
Wolverine

Please express interest via PM to Josietta and myself.  This will not be first come first served.  If multiple players are interested in the characters, we will make the call as to who gets to the PC based on a handful of factors.  We will not be playing favorites.  If you're interested in more than one of the characters listed, feel free to PM us that you're interested in either of them and let us know which one you're more interested in.  These characters are pretty important to the game so if you have interest in playing either of them, please be honest with both us and yourself whether you can truly commit to posting on a regular basis with them.

Thank you.

-Classic X-Men Team

We also have the following canons available for PCs:

Forge
Banshee
Bishop
Longshot
Polaris
Wolfsbane
Rictor
Boom Boom

If playing a canon isn't your cup of tea, we also welcome original characters.  Feel free to ask any questions you wish here or via PM to myself and Josietta.

Archangel and Wolverine have been claimed.  We do have Psylocke coming up for play however. Though it is going to be done as Wolverine and Archangel were.  PM with interest only.

Also... Just to note to those leery of joining preexisting big group games.. we are a slow paced game. It is easy to keep up with our storylines and we are more than willing to work with you.  We have plots open for personal character developments as well as running 2 Danger Room scenarios at a time  and a big group plot.  So there is always room for you to get in on some action... start your own character plots... or just hang out and do side scenes sandbox style. 

We have a mix of types of characters, from lesbian/bisexual/gay and we welcome any and all to the game that wants to give it a go. As GMs we do try to accommodate any type of gender/non gender/sexuality you may want to play out. That can be seen in a few characters we have in the game currently.

Please do PM us with any interest you may have or post up ideas you have for characters here! We are open and willing to work with almost anything you may have in mind. If you have something that won't work in the time line, Lunar is very good at helping to work something similiar or help you find something you will want to play that does work with the story we have going. :)

So come join in on the fun! We're fun and friendly and we won't bite.. unless you want us to! ;)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Mmmmm..... I'm quite interested in this. Are we limited to canon characters listed here? Are there any powers that are off limits, or too many characters with the same ability/ies? Are there certain restrictions on original characters?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

Quote from: persephone325 on February 07, 2014, 02:29:09 AM
Mmmmm..... I'm quite interested in this. Are we limited to canon characters listed here? Are there any powers that are off limits, or too many characters with the same ability/ies? Are there certain restrictions on original characters?

I'm half asleep here so i'm gonna try to answer these real quick and may come back in tomorrow and add or edit things.

First off, we are accepting Canon or Original Characters.  Powers that are off limits -- Time and Space, Mind Control, Emotion Control, I'm sure theres a couple more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

You should read the Wiki for more info and  the first page to the IC/OOC. Those two pages will have alot of info you are asking about.

Like I said I'll pop back in here tomorrow and answer more thoroughly. I'm heading to bed now. *hugs*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on February 07, 2014, 03:01:21 AM
I'm half asleep here so i'm gonna try to answer these real quick and may come back in tomorrow and add or edit things.

First off, we are accepting Canon or Original Characters.  Powers that are off limits -- Time and Space, Mind Control, Emotion Control, I'm sure theres a couple more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

You should read the Wiki for more info and  the first page to the IC/OOC. Those two pages will have alot of info you are asking about.

Like I said I'll pop back in here tomorrow and answer more thoroughly. I'm heading to bed now. *hugs*

*hugs* Have a good night, Josi! Thank you for the links. ^^ I can already feel my muse running about. :-)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

apygoos

LunarSage

persephone:  We'd love to have you!  As far as canons go, there's a list of who's taken and who's generally available on the first page of this thread.  If there's a canon character you were curious about that's not on that list, PM Josietta and I about them and we'll let you know if they're up for grabs or not.  :-)

persephone325

Quote from: LunarSage on February 10, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
persephone:  We'd love to have you!  As far as canons go, there's a list of who's taken and who's generally available on the first page of this thread.  If there's a canon character you were curious about that's not on that list, PM Josietta and I about them and we'll let you know if they're up for grabs or not.  :-)

I'm excited, Lunar! I've wanted to join an X-Men game for a while. ^^

One thing I could find an answer for on the wiki, is if there are any restrictions on original characters. Besides the powers that are off limits that Josi listed.
I don't know.

LunarSage

I'm excited for you as well!  :-)

Restrictions in what way?  Other than powers, the only things that are restricted at this point are origins for OCs.  This means no esoteric origins like being the child of one or two canon Marvel characters from the future, from the future, past, another dimension, government experiment or anything of the like.  Normal mutant backgrounds please.  We're looking for characters who have a reason to be at the Institute to learn to control their powers if a student.  Origins can be slightly less tame (with the previous restrictions still in mind) for actual X-Men.

Josietta

We should also note that Xmen Members have more leeway in terms of powers and power mastery compared to students.  We have a good number of each, so if you want to make one of each you are welcome to, or just one or the other is fine. We'd like to keep it at a max of 2 characters to start. You will find we are a slow/relaxed paced game most of the time. If you get involved in the GM plots or other type plots we do ask for more participation/posting but those are posted as such when we put them up for sign ups, along with the rate we are looking for. Typically with posting we are pretty patient. We've gotten this far (it'll be 3 years in August we've had our game running) with our understanding and patience with our players and we aren't about to change it now. :)  So as stated in our GM Announcements thread, we typically give a lot of leeway as long as communication is continued. Thats a huge factor in our game -- the OOC communication with us.

We have plot points threads where you can post up an idea of a plot for your character or something you might want to do with other characters. We have sandbox threads for you to just post with whoever you want whenever, private threads for those moments you need intimacy (though there are rules in place for students regarding this -which we can explain later), and we have Plot threads, past plot threads (For scenes in the past), and Danger Room threads. Lots of places for RP and its all kept neatly organized so theres no confusion. 

I try to keep a summary up of whats going on in game every issue so you don't have a ton of back reading to do. I still need to post another one up soon.

The wiki is not complete yet (as you may have noticed) but it does have a lot of the important information on it.  If you need help figuring out powersets Lunar is WONDERFUL at doing that. He listens to what ideas you have and can give you ideas on powersets based from that. :)  Just feel free to pop us a PM and we'll work with you however much or little you need. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

persephone325

OK. Thank you both. That makes sense, and answered my question. ^^
I don't know.

Kimera

I'm actually interested in making an OC, if that is still possible.

LunarSage

Quote from: Kimera on February 14, 2014, 04:07:42 PM
I'm actually interested in making an OC, if that is still possible.

Sure, go ahead and submit a character under the guidelines here on the WIKI.  The more the merrier!  :-)

Though note the following especially regarding backgrounds:

"All characters start the game as having already been present at the Institute, either as probationary X-Men, full fledged X-Men or students.
No esoteric backgrounds will be accepted at this point. This means no characters from another time/dimension/planet. No government experiments. We want to see normal mutants who are coming to the institute to learn to control their powers properly."

As far as powers go, mutants' powers generally fit a common theme.  At this time you may select one "major" power and two "minor" powers at the most.  You don't have to have a major and two minors.  You could have a major and one minor or simply two minor powers, but not more than one major and two minor powers.

Examples:

A mutant character could have a fire generation power as their major power with fire immunity as a minor power.  The player could if they desired add the ability to manipulate fire on a limited basis (since it's a minor power).

A mutant character could have rock-like skin as a major power and superhuman strength (Class 50) as two minor powers.

I hope that makes sense.

Please use the character sheet format on the page that I linked above for your submission.  Remember to send the sheet to both myself and Josietta.  One note, please no anime pictures.  Comic book pictures, drawings or real life face claims are fine.  See our existing approved character sheets for some examples of pictures that are acceptable.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing what you have to show us.  :-)

persephone325

I don't know.

LunarSage

Chaosfox

I may look into joining this one I have seen the recruitment for it in the past. Just not sure if I want to do an OC or take one of the open cannon characters.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Josietta

Hey there!!

You are welcome to try either or both!  If you have any questions or concerns about either an OC or a Canon feel free to pop myself and LunarSage a PM  or ask away here if you want. We'll answer and quickly as we can and hopefully help with any hesitation you may feel.

Our game is slower paced and we are patient so there is no worries there. We have a few players who like a faster pace at times and there is always room for side scenes to mix into our plot scenes as well. We do both so there is almost always going to be some kind of combat going on somewhere if you choose to participate in it. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chaosfox

RP I think for now I will stick to an OC I have Ideas from past marvel games I have played and  I'm feeling a bit to lazy to  research  cannon characters at the moment >.<  I will look  through what all you guys have right now (Just to see what powers you guys have covered and what not) and may have a character submitted tonight or sometime tomorrow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Josietta

Sounds good! Just be sure to read over the info listed above that Lunar laid out for Persephone as far as power restrictions and such.  You may want to PM myself and Lunar your concept and basic idea before you fill out a complete sheet just so we can give you an okay or not on the OC.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Spynmaster

LunarSage

Heya Spynmaster!

*reposts, because it still works*   ;)

Sure, go ahead and submit a character under the guidelines here on the WIKI.  The more the merrier!  :-)

Though note the following especially regarding backgrounds:

"All characters start the game as having already been present at the Institute, either as probationary X-Men, full fledged X-Men or students.
No esoteric backgrounds will be accepted at this point. This means no characters from another time/dimension/planet. No government experiments. We want to see normal mutants who are coming to the institute to learn to control their powers properly."

As far as powers go, mutants' powers generally fit a common theme.  At this time you may select one "major" power and two "minor" powers at the most.  You don't have to have a major and two minors.  You could have a major and one minor or simply two minor powers, but not more than one major and two minor powers.

Examples:

A mutant character could have a fire generation power as their major power with fire immunity as a minor power.  The player could if they desired add the ability to manipulate fire on a limited basis (since it's a minor power).

A mutant character could have rock-like skin as a major power and superhuman strength (Class 50) as two minor powers.

I hope that makes sense.

Please use the character sheet format on the page that I linked above for your submission.  Remember to send the sheet to both myself and Josietta.  One note, please no anime pictures.  Comic book pictures, drawings or real life face claims are fine.  See our existing approved character sheets for some examples of pictures that are acceptable.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing what you have to show us.  :-)

Spynmaster

Excellent! As far as powers go, I'm definitely leaning towards mental powers, like telekinesis, kinetic weapons(like blades and poles), flight, enhanced speed, etc.

Have you checked out this wikia? http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki