Interest Check - Power Rangers

Started by Kadigan, November 07, 2013, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadigan

Unfortunately, earlier today work called and told me that a project I thought was cancelled is in fact going forward. While I'll still be able to participate in a game or two, I will simply not have the time one needs to devote to crafting and keeping a story going, even with help. If someone wants to take the concept and run with it, feel free. However I do not want to get into a game and have to abandon it once everyone has character's and such. Again, I apologize.

HeavenAbove

I like the idea, however doing Gods across different religions, etc seems to broad. The theme needs to be central to something.

apygoos

Quote from: HeavenAbove on November 10, 2013, 02:57:34 PM
I like the idea, however doing Gods across different religions, etc seems to broad. The theme needs to be central to something.
*points to the constellation suggestion*

HeavenAbove

Quote from: apygoos on November 10, 2013, 03:15:57 PM
*points to the constellation suggestion*

I must have read right over that haha. That makes sense, though that would need to be fleshed out in order for me to wrap my head around it completely. I like it though :)

Darwishi

So is someone taking up the GM role or are we tossing around ideas for giggles?

HeavenAbove

Someone needs to, I think this could be a great game if it's handled properly.

apygoos

with my pirate game going, i cant offer GM, but im still here.

MaiMizzu

I really wanted to help put this together, but I'm no good at being a GM as I have proven. But Ill help however I can.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

HeavenAbove

I'm sure someone wants to step up and make this happen, c'mon everyone!

Batman4560

Iv'e done power ranger games in the past. The problem is getting a dedicated group. But I can run it for sure.

Darwishi

Quote from: Darwishi on November 10, 2013, 10:40:50 AM
I still haven't received an answer to my inquiry about the monsters/troopers/evilness being a bit more adult in nature.  Like are the monsters going to want to cop a feel of the ladies in tights? Or more if they so happen to defeat said ladies?

Batman4560

If you're asking me, I have no problem with that and by all means if everyone is ok with it then so am I. Also I found this for suits as far as the Constellations go...

I realize there are only five here but we can put our minds at work for the other two. But here we have the White Pegasus, Green Draco, Blue Cygnus, Pink Andromeda, Red Phoenix. Comments or Ideas?

Darwishi

What about using some of the zodiac signs? Or else ursa major or something, lots of constellations to choose from. Not always a big fan of the girls wearing skirts.  But other than that the suits look pretty good.  I may grab something from akiba-web.com (NSFW) for a costume, or else to say it looks similar to that costume or whatever. XDD

apygoos

Quote from: Darwishi on November 11, 2013, 12:52:15 AM
What about using some of the zodiac signs? Or else ursa major or something, lots of constellations to choose from. Not always a big fan of the girls wearing skirts.  But other than that the suits look pretty good.  I may grab something from akiba-web.com (NSFW) for a costume, or else to say it looks similar to that costume or whatever. XDD
thats kinda what i had in mind when i first said constelations. leo, scorpio, etc. special rangers could be like nova ranger, pulsar, black hole ,etc.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 11, 2013, 12:30:30 AM
If you're asking me, I have no problem with that and by all means if everyone is ok with it then so am I. Also I found this for suits as far as the Constellations go...

I realize there are only five here but we can put our minds at work for the other two. But here we have the White Pegasus, Green Draco, Blue Cygnus, Pink Andromeda, Red Phoenix. Comments or Ideas?

The suit designs look great, Batman. :) (the blue one is a bit lacking compared to the others though.)

Batman4560

These are some concepts but I am open to ideas.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Yukina

These suits from this pic look great. :) Maybe your picture from reply #36 could be their mid-season upgrade.

Batman4560

Ill take votes but I am off to bed, lots of work tomorrow.

MaiMizzu

Are we at all into my thought of playing the 'evil' ranger to get us started?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Darwishi

I'd be cool with that Mai.  Not sure about the others.

Also whatever design works for me, just so long as my character can potentially have no skirt on her outfit.  Similar to the first season where the pink ranger had a skirt but the yellow didn't.

Batman4560

I am ok with someone starting off evil. :)

MaiMizzu

Well keeping in mind I'm not overly familiar with Power Rangers, but I am familiar with the basic concept and all. I've been a peripheral fan for years.. as I've said to a few peoples, I love the idea of Power Rangers, just not always the execution. So if I flub something here, lemme know.

But here's my initial idea for my character. Maybe the main baddie isn't out to just all in all rule the earth. The main baddie wants the powers of the 'good' rangers, to maybe absorb it so it can be used for baddie purposes.  So my character actually gets one of the Ranger's powers, like maybe she's one of the first chosen. But before she can make anything happen, she's mind controlled or otherwise influenced by the main baddie. So she becomes kind of the field lieutenant.
To lure out the other Rangers, she sends the faceless troopers out to the city to start wreaking havoc and killing whatever is in their way. But she doesn't appear yet. The Rangers come out and beat some ass, and that's when my girl makes her appearence and attacks. She maybe starts to win or whatever, but eventually needs to retreat. And that's how we get things rollin.

So not to sound arrogant or anything, but mebbe my character should be more powerful than any single Ranger. Ya know, to actually seem like a real threat. But she'll also be ruthless. But that's only when she's under the control of the baddie. When she becomes 'good' or whatever, she'll be just as powerful as the others. She'll also be under the influence of the baddie when she's in civilian mode. She'll be trying to figure out who the Rangers are to try and get them by surprise.

Opinions?

apygoos

i like it Ash
and to verify, were doing constellations/cosmic space as the theme?

apygoos

so i look up "cosmic rangers"
they apaprently already exist in japan.
since is a predominantly female team, ill hold off and see what colors are swipped :)
inthe meantime*keeps looking through custom ranger suits*

Darwishi

Quote from: MaiMizzu on November 11, 2013, 02:53:08 PM
Well keeping in mind I'm not overly familiar with Power Rangers, but I am familiar with the basic concept and all. I've been a peripheral fan for years.. as I've said to a few peoples, I love the idea of Power Rangers, just not always the execution. So if I flub something here, lemme know.

But here's my initial idea for my character. Maybe the main baddie isn't out to just all in all rule the earth. The main baddie wants the powers of the 'good' rangers, to maybe absorb it so it can be used for baddie purposes.  So my character actually gets one of the Ranger's powers, like maybe she's one of the first chosen. But before she can make anything happen, she's mind controlled or otherwise influenced by the main baddie. So she becomes kind of the field lieutenant.
To lure out the other Rangers, she sends the faceless troopers out to the city to start wreaking havoc and killing whatever is in their way. But she doesn't appear yet. The Rangers come out and beat some ass, and that's when my girl makes her appearence and attacks. She maybe starts to win or whatever, but eventually needs to retreat. And that's how we get things rollin.

So not to sound arrogant or anything, but mebbe my character should be more powerful than any single Ranger. Ya know, to actually seem like a real threat. But she'll also be ruthless. But that's only when she's under the control of the baddie. When she becomes 'good' or whatever, she'll be just as powerful as the others. She'll also be under the influence of the baddie when she's in civilian mode. She'll be trying to figure out who the Rangers are to try and get them by surprise.

Opinions?

Sounds awesome Mai, actually pretty canon from the evil rangers I can remember (Kat and Tommy mostly).  A couple of things I thought about while reading that were that if she's more powerful, perhaps given some extra power by the main baddie, she could isolate different rangers and take them on.  That way she's not facing the whole group but rather tries to pick them off one at a time. 

Another thing you could potentially do is make her a tad (or a lot) more sexual, copping feels, obvious cheating (crotch kicks, throwing mud at the visor, sneak attacks..etc) and work that into the play.  Was also thinking (admittedly a bit selfishly) that she might develop a crush on one of the rangers (was thinking mine =P, hence the selfish) which could work as a plot point to bring her over to the good side eventually, but in the here and now of the game maybe she picks on that ranger more than the others.  The old tale of if you like them, hit them more. =P 

There could also be the possibility that the power of the rangers can't be directly stolen but instead would need to pull the rangers over to the dark-side, as it were.  Doesn't have to be that way, just tossing some ideas out there, what does everyone else think?