News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Websites which won't load

Started by Missy, January 30, 2013, 08:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missy

I've recently started to notice some websites I've tried to visit which seem broken to me and won't load, but will work fine for other people (according to their account). Does anyone know of anything that might cause this or which I could try in attempt to fix this?

Many thanks!

Autumn Sativus

Try going to the website and holding down CTRL or SHIFT and pressing F5 at the same time. Try both.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oreo

Are you using an older browser? I had to install Chrome to open some sites like Photobucket. My older version of Firefox won't load it.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Missy

CTRL F5 does something since I can see the icon go to reload, however nothing changes. The shift F5 didn't do anything I could see. Thankyou for the suggestion.

My FF is 18.0.1 according to my about firefox tab up to date. I don't know if my IE is all the way up to date, but I've tried on that as well and gotten then same results.

I'll try chrome though, though I've never had troubles with Firefox Photobukcet other than the occasional forgotten password.

EDIT: Crossed out, corrected in italics.

Missy

I've tried chrome, the results are the same.

I now have two websites which I cannot access on any of three separate browsers. One of which I could access fine over a year ago and another of which another person has told me she could access just fine.

I appreciate both of your guys suggestions, if there are any other things anyone knows I could look into or try I would appreciate the suggestion.

Autumn Sativus

Clear our your cookies/cache and try again. CTRL+F5 loads the page without referencing the cache, but it could be something stopped up in there getting in your way.
Us against the world

Missy

will doing that clear any saved passwords I have? Will doing that mean I will need to relogin to anything I have currently logged? I ask because I often find it easiest to just keep things logged in (seeing as I'm the only person who uses this computer) rather than try to remember a variety of passwords or write them down someplace.

Autumn Sativus

There's usually an option to continue remembering saved passwords.
Us against the world