Renaming Boards!!

Started by Greenthorn, December 10, 2008, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

You will hate me for this...but I think the boards need to be renamed.

Light Solos
Light Groups
Consensual Solos
Consensual Groups
Non-consensual Solos
Non-consensual Groups
Extreme Solos
Extreme Groups

*cringes*

One of the newbies mentioned that there seemed to be an awful lot of NC boards and I actually agree.  I also think we can ditch the "exotic" title because well...does it really matter if it's consensual sex with a human or a tentacled monster?

Moondazed

That may not seem like it matters to you, but some people don't want to read things that involve beings other than humanoids :)  I think that's the reason it's separated, although that's just a guess.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Caeli

Quote from: Moondazed on December 10, 2008, 04:04:37 PM
That may not seem like it matters to you, but some people don't want to read things that involve beings other than humanoids :)  I think that's the reason it's separated, although that's just a guess.

I'm one of those.

It's a fact that these boards are more heavily-leaning. That's always been true, and it won't change. Yes, there are more non-consensual boards, but if they reflect how the boards really weigh, then is it necessarily a bad thing?

Personally, if NC isn't my thing, I just click that little minus mark next to where it says Play-By-Post: Non-Consensual Exotic and collapse the whole board so I don't even have to look at it. *shrugs* It might seem a bit mocking, but if this new member feels a little uncomfortable seeing how many NC boards there are, maybe let them know that they can collapse boards so they don't have to see them - it might at least subconsciously help them be more at ease.

I really appreciate the separation between Exotic and Human, but that is only my take.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Greenthorn

Well okay...then get rid of bondage...because bondage can go either way, Consensual or NC...so why not merge it that way? ;D

And I meant the main boards.  Merge Exotic into the main board

Main: Consensual
Then have the categories
Consensual Human
Consensual Exotic

Basically when I say main board I mean the blue bar titles

Trieste

Essentially, if we don't mark what's in a thread, we cannot hold people responsible for reading those markings. Some people are truly, genuinely turned off by tentacle beasts or anthros or furries or whatever you want to call them.

We have a lot of NC boards, but each NC board sees the same amount of activity in general as its counterpart in bondage, light, and extreme (system vs system ... freeform vs freeform, etc) so they are useful. :)

Moondazed

Actually, NC bondage belongs in the NC section, I believe?
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Greenthorn

But why not put NC Exotic heading under the main heading of NC?

Moondazed

Oh!  I see what you're saying... you just want the main categories condensed?

Greenthorn

Yes!

Sorry forgot to offer my GT Decoder!!

Greenthorn

That way it doesn't look like NC is our main offering here!

Caeli

But... isn't that what we have already?

Play-By-Post: Non-Consensual Human
Play-By-Post: Non-Consensual Exotic

If you want to mash them together, that's great and all... but that's still the same number of boards as before. >>; It doesn't actually... change anything, except that all of the boards from Exotic get moved into NC.

[personal opinion]To be perfectly honest... I'm less squicked by NC when it's a human doing it, than when it's NC and it's a tentacle furry monster thing doing it. [/personal opinion]

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Moondazed

I think she's saying that the main categories would be more balanced if human and exotic weren't separated for that category alone.

Greenthorn

No...I think that NC should be merged...one big NC title...with the variations underneath it

Edit: Moon gets me

Trieste

GT.

You have a lot of kinks.

Not all people have these kinks ... and not all of them want to read these kinks.

Now. *starts to undo shiny new leather belt* Since I know you don't let an idea loose without a distraction ... c'mere.

;D

Greenthorn

No, no, no!! I'm sitting on this one!! Go away!!!

;D

The newbie said it seems like there wasn't a place for consensual sex except if it's light and not all consensual sex is light.  But yet it seemed that NC was -huge-.  Not sure if we want to give that impression..so why not merge the NC under one NC board?

Caeli

Quote from: Moondazed on December 10, 2008, 04:27:36 PM
I think she's saying that the main categories would be more balanced if human and exotic weren't separated for that category alone.

Would it really change anything, though? The main thing that makes those games so big, is that system games. Because the other categories DO have exotic - but they don't have System Solos, System Small Groups, System Big Groups, etc.

If you simply move ALL of the NC: Exotic games into a new category that says NC, then... it's the same number of boards. You just shoved them all into one category, not two.

Quote from: Greenthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:32:11 PMThe newbie said it seems like there wasn't a place for consensual sex except if it's light and not all consensual sex is light.  But yet it seemed that NC was -huge-.  Not sure if we want to give that impression..so why not merge the NC under one NC board?

Bondage, then? It's not quite the same as "Consensual hot and heavy", but in the scheme of the boards, it does relatively go from light to heavy content.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

But...why make it look lopsided?  Sure NC might have a bunch of sub categories...more than the rest...but why have two boards...why not just one?  NC shouldn't get special treatment dammit!! ::) ;D

Caeli

Quote from: Greenthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:34:52 PM
But...why make it look lopsided?  Sure NC might have a bunch of sub categories...more than the rest...but why have two boards...why not just one?  NC shouldn't get special treatment dammit!! ::) ;D

My argument: It will still look lopsided if you expand the NC category and that humongously-sized number of boards shows up. In my mind, it has little difference than separating it into two categories. Right now, the little kiddies like me who get freaked out by tentacle monsters, scary werewolves, and man-preying giant Venus-flytaps can simply collapse the exotic category and live happily ever after.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

Blah! Go away Caeli!!

*giggles*

;)

Fine! I'll drop it!

Pfffffffffffffffffft

:D

Moondazed

I'm not sure why the main categories have NC separated as Human and Exotic?  I can see your point, GT, regardless of how many things are under each category.  It's also not immediately clear that everything before NC is Consensual, unless it's specifically stated in the title.

Greenthorn

Yeah...it makes it really lopsided and I only noticed when looking through the eyes of the newbie!!

PErsonally I'd like Extreme to take up all the right side...but that's just me *grins*

Moondazed

*rolling up a newspaper in preparation for the swat GT's asking for, pushing the Extreme board*

*giggle*

Caeli

Quote from: Greenthorn on December 10, 2008, 04:38:45 PM
Blah! Go away Caeli!!

*giggles*

;)

Fine! I'll drop it!

Pfffffffffffffffffft

:D

*giggles* You don't have to drop. I'm just inputting my argument here. ;)

Quote from: Moondazed on December 10, 2008, 04:43:22 PM
I'm not sure why the main categories have NC separated as Human and Exotic?  I can see your point, GT, regardless of how many things are under each category.  It's also not immediately clear that everything before NC is Consensual, unless it's specifically stated in the title.

I can see the point too, of course... *tilts head* But I also am blessed with the ability to see the argument from the other side. ^^

That's my take.

*hugs Greenie and Moon*

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Greenthorn

*giggles*

I know, I know...I won't ask for it!!

/hijacking of own thread

NightBird

Quote from: Moondazed on December 10, 2008, 04:43:22 PM

What about the mouseover text? That states which boards are consensual and which not.