Theif of Hearts (Coreli/Angle1932)

Started by Coreli, September 15, 2010, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coreli

Coreli

The year was 2500, and Vincent was once again alone as he flew towards the outpost. He was what some called a thief, but in his eyes, he was an opportunist, re-leaving people of the burdens that material items bring. He had been in his ship for several days, and he was anxious to reach the outpost, take a hot shower and see what opportunities awaited him.

After arriving at the outpost, he landed his ship in the landing bay, and headed out to find a place where he could find get his shower. Fortunately, the outpost, which was more like a large city, had plenty of places that would tend to his needs. Just then he realized he had forgotten his credits to pay for the shower in the ship. Heading back into the landing bay he noticed someone lurking in the shadows.

Old Lady Willow

Alissa was starving, but that wasn't anything new. She hid in the darkness of the outpost, tired of all these people stairing at her. It wasn't her fault she looked so dirty. She'd been without a family and a home for almost a year now...

She noticed a man that she'd never seen before, and decided to follow him out of curiousidy. She was quiet, and kept to the shadows. He looked her way, and she went perfectly still. Had he seen her?

Coreli

Slowly he approached the figure in the dark, his hand ready to grab his blaster if needed. "Come out from there and show yourself" hes said.
As he got closer he began to notice the curves beneath the cloak, making it clear he was looking at a woman.  He smiled to himself as he called out again, "It's alright, your safe, come out here and let me see you"

Old Lady Willow

She head her breath as he moved closer. From her expirence, most people didn't like it when other people followed them without permission. When he spoke, though, he didn't sound angry at all. She stood up straght and steped into the light. Now that she got a better look at him, she noted that he wasn't bad looking. He took care of himself better than the others that tended to hang out there, anyway. "Sorry." She spoke quietly, "I was just wondering who you were. Most of the people around here are here every day. I almost never see a new face." It was the truth, and she really didn't have a better excuse. She hoped he ment it when he said she was safe, though she was ready to run if he didn't. She pulled her cloak tighter around her, like it was a blanket.

Coreli

"I just wanted make sure you weren't thinking about stealing anything from my ship," he said sternly. "She was attractive," he thought to himself, as his eyes looked into hers. "So, do you have a name? They call me Vincent."

Old Lady Willow

"I'm Alissa." He had nice eyes, she observed to herself. "My friends used to call me 'Lizzy,' though."

Coreli

"Well, since we're not friends yet, I'll just call you Alissa. Now Alissa, are you going to tell me why you are scampering out here in the shadows? This outpost is not the kind of place for woman to be alone. You're just lucky I found you out here, and not one of those security droids." Just then, he noticed a rather large bag on the floor behind her. "And what do you have in the bag? It better not be anything from my ship", he said with an authoritative tone.

Old Lady Willow

She felt her face go red when he asked why she was there. "I just ended up here." She looked away, not really wanting to say she didn't have anywhere else to go. She almost jumped for joy when his atention went to her bag. "Some stuff I.... comendered from various people. Nothing from your ship, though." She pulled open the bag to show himwhat she had. Some scraps of food she managed to find. Bits of metal and stone she'd grabed in hopes of finding someone to buy them from her. And a bloody red.... thing. It looked like a large marble, smooth and round and heavy. This one she'd stolen from a wealthy looking alien couple. They were infuriated when they'd discovered it missing. She didn't dout they'd kill her if they ever found out it was her, so she was picky on who she showed it to. Only humans, and no one else.

Coreli

"So, your an opportunist? Well, let's just see", he said sarcastically, as his eyes peered into her bag. As he leaned in he breathed in deeply - her sweet scent causing him a moment of pause. "Damn she smells good", he thought to himself. Just then he noticed something reflecting light at the bottom of her bag. "It can't be," he said under his breath. " Do you have any idea what that is you have there??

Old Lady Willow

She felt a slight annoyance at the scarcasm in his voice, but she let it go. "This.... ruby thing?" She pulled it out of the bag so he could have a better look. "I thought it was some sort of jewlery. Am I wrong?"

Coreli

"Jewelry", he thought. "If she only knew".

"No, it's not jewelry", he said, as he took the crystal from her hands and placed it into his pack. "Why don't you let me hang on to this for you, and I'll buy you something to eat in return." He did not wait for an answer, but merely turned away and walked back towards the transport tunnels. 

Old Lady Willow

She'd been about to protest when he put the marble into his pocket, but the words died at the mention of food. She followed him as he walked off. It couldn't be that important, right? Just a smooth red rock. And he'd feed her for it. She wondered what he had in mind, exactly? Still.... was it a very rare jewelery, perhaps? Why would he even look twice at it? She wasn't going to ask, though.

Coreli

(ooc): congratulations on your approval. Your pink tag is very becoming.

Old Lady Willow

Coreli