Bloodborne-Inspired Game - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, April 10, 2015, 05:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Premise
If you're anything like me, you've been playing tons of Bloodborne. If you haven't been playing Bloodborne, you should be. It's what 3D castlevania games wish they could be. It's a character action game revolving around fighting horrific monsters that can drop you at a moment's notice. It's about mystery, exploration, and survival. Since I haven't beaten it, though, and since we all want to avoid spoilers, I thought I might propose something that simply shares a similar setting and tone. Our game will revolve around a group called The Royal Hunting Society...

Story
A steampunk version of victorian-era London is the setting. The Royal Hunting Society (RHS) is a newly formed royal agency. They have a singular goal; hunt and destroy all manner of vile beasts that haunt the slums of London. When mankind unlocked the secrets of steam technology it was merely the first splash when the floodgates of knowledge opened. We soon knew things we were not meant to know, and all sorts of darkness was drawn to us. Otherworldly forces that lain dormant until we began digging to deep into the mysteries of the world began to surface. The poorer sections of the city where darkness reigns is more susceptible to these incursions. Armed with trick weapons and imbued with the blood of these creatures to give them supernatural power, the RHS stalks the dark roads, eliminating any foul beasts they may find.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Sirian Eve

As soon as I read this I thought..

I would like to play as..

Vampire Hunter D!

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

MissFire

*sigh*

I give up. Enough. No more. No more hosting games. No amount of effort ever pays off here. Goodbye.
    - Sima Yi

NubianLegend

Please don't give up hosting games  :-(, perhaps what you need is a partner to collaborate with on group games.

eternaldarkness

Actually, MissFire, I do feel your pain in regards to the difficulty of getting people to give a damn about anything that isn't more of the same crap everyone runs, and i'd be willing to maybe Co-GM this. I'll PM you.

Ironwolf85

I would love the chance to build on a bloodborne setting and play in one.
I love the souls series leading up to bloodborne too.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Lux12

I would need a bit more of a setting before I make a decision, but I'm curious.