Fast and Furious: Need Mafia Drivers! (2 slots open!)

Started by Veluux, June 06, 2012, 02:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

Some people are born artists, speed junkies, criminals, or car fanatics; but there are a select few that are born all of these things and more. In Downtown Seattle's night-scene these people are on the prowl, living life as large as they can - while occasionally trying to stay under the radar. Seattle has a thriving night life, and cars play no small part in that. They are more than just a means of transportation, they are a statement - from how it looks to how fast it flies.

The resident Chinese Triad have a strong foothold in the major port-city and have a lot of criminal businesses operating withing it's confines. One of these business is the buying and selling of stolen cars. The Chinese have many freelance criminals that they hire to acquire these vehicles - but for the most exotic and difficult to obtain rides, they always call on one specific crew. Lately however, the pressure the Chinese have been putting on these stellar thieves has been less than fair and they're getting tired of putting up with the bullying by the Chinese Mafia.

Tags/Warnings

Bondage: Human small groups
    Written depictions of criminal activity/possible drug use.

General Guidelines

Player collaboration is not just suggested, but is required, when working out each character's history. This is do primarily to the fact that all characters in and around the crew have known each other for most of their lives. The Antagonist characters may - and should - collaborate with each other when it comes to controlling all Mafia/Gang NPCs (depending on which route they want to go) as well as collaborating with the Crew leaders when it comes to major plot movements or Crew character injuries/captures/etc.

Cast of Characters

Main Crew
Co-Leader / The Skills:                         'Cori' Adams (Photo)
Co-Leader / The Muscle:                       Taras Markovski (Veluux)
Mechanic / The Brains:                          Allison Leclerc (Lithium)
Hacker / The Scientist:                          Nicholas Trent (Savant of the Wastes)
Undercover Cop / The New Guy:             Ryan Mercer (Raziel)
Non-Racer Member / Title coming soon:  TBA (Rachubka)

Crew & Mafia In-between:
Black Market Liaison / The Informant:     Adriano Guillermo (AdrianZef)

Chinese Triad
Triad's Leader / The Dragon's Head:                                         Mr. Kwan (Wargtass)
Triad's Right-hand / The Dragon's Eye:                                     Tipene Rurik (NinjaWeazel)
Triad's Hitman / Title coming soon (female preferred):                OPEN
Triad's Best Racer / Title coming soon (female preferred):           OPEN

Thread Directory

Additional Info:

I will be GMing this game along with a co-GM in Lithium. We will handle all of the plot movements and questions pertaining to the game (CC us both on any and all questions you may have). We will also be the primary controllers of all Police NPCs, all other players wishing to control an NPC must get the okay from one of us before doing so. The Mafia members will also be the only ones who can control Mafia NPC's, period. For any major plot movements made by the Mafia, PM myself or Lithium, or just bring it up in the OOC Board.

The posting rate for this game will be twice a week - with a once per week bare minimum (more is always okay though!). Please keep in contact through the OOC or with one of the GMs if you foresee any possible delays in posting and we may be able to work with you. Thanks!

Rough Character Template

[Characters Name Here]

[                              ]
[Character Photo HERE]
Age: (18+ Most Characters in this story are in their early to late 20's)
Position/Title:
Specialty: (Such as Mechanic/Graphics designing/Racing/other)
Personality:
History:
Physical Description: (No hentai/anime. Written descriptions are accepted, but pictures are preferred.)
Extra Info: (Anything else you feel like inserting.)

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

elfguy

I don't know what the people who signed up for the crew want as far as antagonist, but I was thinking I could play a female detective, a real dominant bitch who wants to take the crew down really bad to prove herself being somewhat new on the job, and is willing to bend the rules to do it. Maybe even setup one of the members, arrest them on fake charges, and drill him/her down to try and get dirt on the family.

Let me know.
----

1SAZ

I wouldn't mind playing the detective's partner in that case. Perhaps someone who's more the voice of reason for his partner and wants to take the club down by the book. A good contrast between the "villains" that way. Another contrast I was thinking was more gentlemanly to the "protagonists". He makes it known he wants them to stop what they're doing, and that he will take them down, but he's not going to break the law to get them. Might even buy them a cup of coffee so he can talk to them long enough to get dirt on their organization. Subtle approach.

Veluux

Sure. If that works for the two of you, you can collaborate some type of recent character history together (or maybe this is your first assignment together - or even you have not yet met each other, but are being assigned the same case). Just PM me a rough version of your character profiles when you get the chance and I'll see if they fit the parameters of the game.

You will both be free to control any NPC police authorities through the story-line, so long as any major plot shifts or events that greatly affect a character's future are brought up in the OOC and the majority of the crew approves. This is kind of a group-led game - I am just handling the technical aspects of GMing by keeping  the various threads updated and coordinating communication between players when needed.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you have in mind!

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Wargtass

Antagonist you say. Color me interested at least. What exactly will the Antagonist do?
O/O

JDrew Spider

Well Wartgrass dear,

Antagonists will be the "bumps" in the road that get in way. Though we have  the  Detective/Partner roles taken. I'm sure we can find use for you. I for one would love to see a drug kingpin in the mix. We have to be moving 'somebody's' coke, right?

*pokes Vel*
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

elfguy

Bumps, uh? I think my girl is up to that challenge ;)
----

Veluux

Yes. I am about to update the roster with the addition of elfguy's detective. I am open to having a three-way though... ;)

As in, our Crew, the Popo, and a Mafia that is. ^.^

Wargtass

I could probably pull a Triad boss, Yakuza, Russian or other. Whatever you think fits the bill I can probably do it.
O/O

Veluux

Quote from: Wargtass on June 06, 2012, 05:51:23 PM
I could probably pull a Triad boss, Yakuza, Russian or other. Whatever you think fits the bill I can probably do it.

I like the idea of either Triad or Russian. Christian and Claire are at least half-asian, so it would make sense if the gang he got into trouble with was asian also. And my character is Ukrainian - who naturally hate Russians from their experience under Soviet rule - so Russians would make good bad-guys too. It's up to you, whatever you want to play, I think any of those are good options.

Veluux

Roster and Links and main banner updated here, and in the Main thread! ^.^

Wargtass

O/O

Veluux

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kaya

Would there be interest in an asian killer girl working for the Triads? I can set her up quite brutal and nasty, doing the wetwork for the Triad boss. I also would not mind if she dies in a firefight with the crew, just don't make me have her tatood all over.  ;)

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

Quote from: Kaya on June 06, 2012, 06:19:54 PM
Would there be interest in an asian killer girl working for the Triads? I can set her up quite brutal and nasty, doing the wetwork for the Triad boss. I also would not mind if she dies in a firefight with the crew, just don't make me have her tatood all over.  ;)

Yeah, the Triad-boss is going to need his right hand man woman of course! Go ahead and PM me a character sheet if you're interested.

Veluux

So... assuming that everyone who has posted interest in particular roles follows up with a character sheet to claim the spot. That mean's we only have one slot remaining - which is:

Junk/scrap-yard Worker/Mechanic(Male/Female): OPEN

Since we now have four antagonists, it might be good to have one more character that is close to the crew. Any takers??

Wargtass

O/O

Veluux

Savant of the Wastes

Quote from: Veluux on June 06, 2012, 06:28:41 PM
So... assuming that everyone who has posted interest in particular roles follows up with a character sheet to claim the spot. That mean's we only have one slot remaining - which is:

Junk/scrap-yard Worker/Mechanic(Male/Female): OPEN

Since we now have four antagonists, it might be good to have one more character that is close to the crew. Any takers??

Well, if you're still searching, I'd like to fill the roll. The premise of the game looks really interesting, and I'd be very happy to join.

My thoughts were leaning towards a down-on-his-luck engineering student, working to pay off student loans at the junkyard. He/She, (not quite certain yet, I could go either way if you have a preference),  would be an avid tinkerer and a bit eccentric when it comes to said tinkering.

Veluux

Quote from: Savant of the Wastes on June 06, 2012, 07:09:49 PM
Well, if you're still searching, I'd like to fill the roll. The premise of the game looks really interesting, and I'd be very happy to join.

My thoughts were leaning towards a down-on-his-luck engineering student, working to pay off student loans at the junkyard. He/She, (not quite certain yet, I could go either way if you have a preference),  would be an avid tinkerer and a bit eccentric when it comes to said tinkering.

Color me interested. Go ahead and sketch up a character profile for it when you have the time. The concept sounds great. The key ingredient in your profile is going to be a connection with one of the crew members (not the secondary cast) that ties you in to the circle of trust - since they are involved in highly illegal and dangerous activities. Read through some of the other character profiles and find an empty gap to fill in (there are plenty). As far as I know, the majority of us are more than willing to make adjustments to our own bios for the other characters. Just PM us whoever is involved with your interest, so they can reference to it in their own profile.

Kaya

I just sent you my character. Treat it as a suggestion, I'm open to discuss anything.

Wargtass

O/O