More fun problems getting online!! (Now it's the router!)

Started by Galactic Druid, August 24, 2012, 01:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

So, I got my computer fixed, only to have trouble getting online. I figured it was the PC and tried a variety of fun things, to no effect. Finally, I decided to go check on the router, only to discover that entire strip turned off. My awesome roommates decided to save energy and kill it. Yay.

No big deal though. I fire it back up and wait for a signal. Nothing. I check my other devices, phone, Xbox, etc. none of them can find the router. I get on roomate's laptop that's wires into the router (it's in his room), and redo the whole first time setup.

The router, a Netgear N600, seems to be functioning normally. It thinks it's broadcasting, but none of my devices can find a signal, so I'm lost as what to do...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Oreo

Is there a router bar/icon in your taskbar? Try right click to open the network sharing center. Or troubleshoot problems. You may need to contact your provider to get help adding your stuff back in to the network.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Galactic Druid

Update; everything suddenly managed to find the Router with the new settings I put in when I went through its startup all over... Except iOS devices. No phone, roomate can't use his iPad...

DutchSpawn

I think your roommate should forget the network and try to reconnect with the new settings, the old settings might still be saved onto his phone and ipad.

Galactic Druid

Tried that already. After we forgot the old version of the network, it can't find any...

DutchSpawn

hmm, weird.
normally if you turn off and turn on the iPad and clear the cache, it should work.

Galactic Druid

DutchSpawn

Galactic Druid

DutchSpawn

Galactic Druid

No luck there either. Also I lost all my angry birds progress.

I at least have the PC and xbox functioning now, that's about the best I can ask for, really. But I need to get iOS devices up and running, or I'll never be able to use this PC uninterrupted.

Oreo

I hope you're able to get everything running properly and don't have to go through this all again when you get your new HD. Did you call your DSL/wireless provider?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Galactic Druid

Naw, they're not the problem. The internet service is working fine. Anything plugged into the router gets internet. It's just the wifi, which means the router itself is the problem.

Oreo

Okay. Sometimes when I have had trouble getting all our devices to work at the same time they have been able to trouble shoot for me.

Galactic Druid

Guess I could try them. Once they're open anyway, just a few more hours.

Oreo

Mine get calls at all hours of the night. Sometimes I worry if they are saying ..."Hey guys, it's the cookie again." >.<

Galactic Druid

mayovagn

You can log into the router and set things up there how you want them to be.

Only that's complicated and I has to go out for the day. *Grins*

*Hugs*

Oh, and serves you right for buying apple products. *Grins and runs*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo