The Inn

Started by Eternal Damnation, November 22, 2009, 10:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal Damnation

This is my first attempt at a group Role Play. So basically my idea is below with the setting, etc.

Time: 1520
Setting: London, England. An Inn/ Tavern in King Henry VIII's times.
Allowable types:Vampire, Wenches, Anyone in the Kingdom, and other fantasy characters.

Basically, it would be the type of traffic you see during this time. Travelers and those that live in the town.

Waitresses:
Barkeep:
Travelers:
Wenches:
King's Court:
King:
Stable hands, slaves, the poor:

AthenaNude

Is this sexual?  Nonsexual?  If sexual is it light?  Heavy?  Extreme?  NC?

I'm somewhat curious, and might join in depending on what direction this goes in.  ;)

MzNurse

Yeah...what Athena said....
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Eternal Damnation

It can be either. However everyone takes it on. I would say since there are wenches that it could be both. Mostly looking at how everyone would interact in such a typical setting in this time period

MzNurse

What did you have in mind in regards to plot?  Just daily happenings at the Inn?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Eternal Damnation

Just see where it goes. Have fun with it.

auroraChloe

could be interesting....

and to my thinking a wench and barmaid are basically the same thing...     

a/a 8/21/17

AthenaNude

I'll start thinking about a character and will probably post something after I see what the other characters are going to be first.

Vandren

Could be interested.

Quote from: auroraChloe on November 23, 2009, 01:16:21 PMand to my thinking a wench and barmaid are basically the same thing...   

Wench, for the period, literally means "woman" and is interchangable with "woman".  Barmaid is a job.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

auroraChloe

Quote from: Vandren on November 23, 2009, 09:17:31 PM
Wench, for the period, literally means "woman" and is interchangable with "woman".  Barmaid is a job.   

so a barmaid is a wench with a job. 

(oh, we've come a long way baby.  ha!)

a/a 8/21/17

Vandren

Quote from: auroraChloe on November 23, 2009, 09:28:23 PM
so a barmaid is a wench with a job. 

Basically.  Back during the 10th to 17th centuries, the term "wench" had no connotations whatsoever.  Only in the modern world (post-1900) has it acquired any.  For good examples of typical 16th/17th c. usage, see Romeo & Juliet (Shakespeare play) and The Burgermeister's Daughter (non-fic).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

MabFaerie

If you're still thinking of making this rp, I'd be interested in joining =)
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Untamed Skies

I have in mind a traveler that's good for pushing buttons and causing Drama. If you put it up I can promise he'll be good for drama.

Carlissa

Quote from: Untamed Skies on December 04, 2009, 04:59:48 PM
I have in mind a traveler that's good for pushing buttons and causing Drama. If you put it up I can promise he'll be good for drama.

And I'll be glad to cause some drama with you, if you know what I mean...*looks at personal title*
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Calista Jade

I have to say, I rather enjoy playing tavern barmaids... hehe.
As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Winterborn

I would like to enter as either a barkeep or regular customer, or both if necessary. In any case, he would probably be drunk or at least tipsy when in the tavern, and when drunk, he gets over affectionate/grabby/harsh, whatever you like. More to it once the thing gets started, if anyone's curious about it ask away.

Eternal Damnation

Quote from: XXXmasChloe on November 23, 2009, 01:16:21 PM
could be interesting....

and to my thinking a wench and barmaid are basically the same thing...   

No. A wench would have been someone who freely gave their services often leading to travelers into the inn. some of them were also barmaid but not all.

Eternal Damnation

Alright well since you are interested I'll start working on a starter.

MabFaerie

Quote from: Eternal Damnation on December 05, 2009, 08:08:35 PM
Alright well since you are interested I'll start working on a starter.

Awesomeness =) I'd be interested in playing a faerie or elven type fantasy character that came across the area in her travels.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Inali Grimalkin

I think I'd like to join. I was thinking a maiden traveling with her old nurse. The nurse is just there to fit the time period, I'd mostly play the maiden. Something NC involving her would be good.
I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there's no fucking way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why isn't notebook paper constantly suffocating students while they take notes in class? I'll tell you why: because paper can't beat anybody; a rock would tear that shit up in 2 seconds. When I play rock/paper/scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to beat me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, "Oh shit, I'm sorry. I thought paper would protect you, you asshole!

Calista Jade

Sooo is this thing happening, or...? *needs a job and some drunk patrons groping her!*
As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

CurvyKitten

I would love to join if there is room, and when it gets started. Maybe a bartender, or a entertainer of some sort. Maye a traveler a noble woman on the run perhaps. Probably play something like an elf or maybe a siren. Let me know how this plays out.

AthenaNude

Just curious, is this still going to happen?  It's been a while and I haven't found a new thread for it anywhere.  Also, is this going to be more historical or fantasy themed? 

auroraChloe

sounds like the fairer sex will outnumber... 

a/a 8/21/17

BigBuckBob

I'll throw my hat in to raise the numbers in the... unfairer sex.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.