Miyr's Final Fantasy RP OOC

Started by Miyr, June 05, 2010, 06:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

Alright, so my idea for this role play is that there is an established world (will need to be plotted up) that is similar in advancement to Final Fantasy XII yet still localized like Final Fantasy X. we will need to come up with a main country or countries that the characters will originate from, and they can be from all sorts of social statuses.

I believe that we can either do a fan based story, using established FF characters, or we can do an original one.

If we do a fan based story, the characters are going to be “removed/taken” from their world and placed on the established one, and be forced to come to terms with the fact that they are unable to return to their home worlds and that they may never see anyone they knew ever again. Eventually our group of misfits come together, or awaken in the same city, and start an adventure of their own to explore the world they are trapped on and possibly try to discover a way to return to their old worlds. . . if not grow to love their current world and desire to remain with their new family.

If we go with this idea, I would like to play either Yuna from X-2 or Ashe from FFXII. Also, I am fine with people doubling or tripling up on characters as long as those who participate get their first choice in character and the disbursement is done fairly and equally. If someone desires to be a race that isn’t human (like Kimari or Fran) that is more than acceptable too, even moogles could be in the crew. There was expressed interest in being summons and the like, so I am also open to that idea.

If the idea is going to be of original characters and origins, then we would need to provide basic information of the characters in a separate thread (Name, Age, Weapon, Personality, Bio, etc). we would create an entirely new world where they all exist on, or perhaps possibly carry on the idea of them being taken away from their worlds (perhaps use the worlds of established FF games, just with original characters).

I am willing to bend the normal FF rules, so in a sense this is similar to Kingdom Hearts because of the root idea of being taken away from their worlds. However I do not want to do a "Disney-ized" version role play, and I would rather not use the Heartless as the enemy. I would like a more serious plot that incorporates action/drama/friendship/trust/love/teamwork/comedy plot genes. Granted this is a non-adult role play for now, but I ask that all who are interested act mature and civil with their characters. I don’t want them acting like children.

If you are interested in this idea, have plot contributions, or would like to express whom you are interested in playing reply to this thread. I have not been approved yet so this must all stay in the thread.

~ Miyr
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Miyr

Oh I guess you're right Baleron, that it would be similar to Dissidia (which I haven't beaten either because my PSP is hiding from me).

The original character idea would be pretty neat, but we might have to use an established world. That or we could take aspects of all the worlds and slap them together. I'm really open to anything, but it also depends on what other people are wanting as well. I think that only basic knowledge of the world would be required in order to do the role play, and even then if someone is unsure we can look for a basic information wiki or something about the game. We don't even have to reference to the events of the game, because then we don't reveal what happened for those who haven't beaten them yet, or just say it's XXX years in the future, so it remains less complicated.

I will begin work on a character sheet today most likely and post it later to get your opinions as to whether we need anything else put on it.

-Miyr

Kineas

I'd be willing to design an original setting for this if it's necessary. I design an original setting just about every other time I run a RP (which is usually when it happens ;D ) sooo~ wouldn't be a big deal. If that's something you'd like to see happen, just let me know and in a day or three I'll post up some world details and probably also maps. simple maps, but maps nevertheless.

If we're using established characters, I totally call Squall. :) However, I think my preference would also be towards original characters in the final fantasy style/settings/whatever.

Miyr

I personally love airships, however in FFIX there were airships, it was just a very primitive version. I would say that the world shouldn't be too technologically advanced, so I would say it predates XIII's advancements but XII would probably be fine. I liked how XII mixed the midieval aspects and the futuristic ones. So I personally would prefer to steer away from the sci-fi focus that XIII has.

With the world design Kineas, I would hold off on that until there's more discussed about the story and we have a for sure plan of what we are going to do. I really thank you for the offer though! That would be pretty cool if we could have a basic map or something. Depending on how serious this is, I might do some character designs or perhaps even sketch the airship (if we have one and there's enough detail to go from).

I don't mind if people use pictures to help show what their character looks like, but there is one thing that I won't tolerate. If there's a character from a show or something and you copy their looks 100%, like say if you look exactly like Naruto, that's not kosher. I really don't mind the use of pictures to show what your characters look like, but I think it's kind of crappy when people just rip off something else and copy it 100% then use it as their own. Granted I use pictures to show what my characters look like, but that's a basic idea. There are always unique scars/brands/markings that distinguish them from the photo.

As for the magic use, I would say that each individual character would be allowed one summon (to be fair to other players) and we can discuss who gets who later down the road. I also think that with the magic, either everyone has one element they can use, or have a few (say three) that they can have some influence over. I don't know how much fighting will be going on in this role play because we will need to establish the characters, but I do want them to have the abilities that most have.

There's also the discussion of classes. I prefer to avoid using these when I do role plays, however I will not prevent people from having their character be the "healer" or "fighter" in the group. My character will probably be a balanced mixture. Also, we will be able to select weapons and the like, and if everyone has swords I don't see an issue with that. I say whatever you want your character to use is your choice as long as it's not god modding.

-Miyr

Miyr

Baleron, if you want to play an evil character that's totally fine by me. Perhaps we should have a few. . . Or a small group. Might be fun to play a smaller bad guy myself. If you want to start thinking about your character that's fine by me. Like I said, I will probably create character sheets or something similar. But I would like to finalize the world idea down first. We must have Chocobos that can be ridden by the cast, or perhaps have another creature that can be ridden as well (before the airship is obtained).

-Miyr

Kineas

So are we leaning more towards an original setting and plot right now? I'm bored at work (i mean, in between the crazy bursts of activity that are saturdays) and I'm wanting to take out some of my restlessness creatively. :3

Miyr

I believe we are leaning more toward the original plot, however I might be open to doing a fan based and original role play. I think all we need to do is establish our world. I am leaning toward FFX and FFXII settings, what are you guys wanting?

-Miyr

Kineas

Magical steampunk is hard to go wrong with. FFXII would be totally cool with me, with FFIX being my favorite style of setting. FFX is okay, but it doesn't really do anything for me.

Miyr

I just liked the lay out of the actual terrain in FFX, thus why I was referencing to it. I like how there were islands and gorges, etc. And glad that you are cool with FFXII and IX Kineas. =D

-Miyr

Kineas

I suppose I didn't ever end up getting very far in FFX. I shall say no more than that I could not establish rapport with the lead characters, Tidus and Yuna. As far as I did get though, I recall thinking to myself "this landscape is unfairly beautiful." I was really thinking more about the styles than the actual layout when I replied. I like the idea of a civilization that has to build up high where the mist and monsters can't thrive.

Therefore, if the layout in FFX is interesting in and of itself, I'll have to take your word for it. :3

Oh, also worthy of mention is that FFVIII was my favorite for it's cast and overall storyline.

Kaiser Maverick

Hehe I think I could play Noctis well

Miyr

So I think that we should probably start laying down the framework for the world, at least a starting city or something. What do you guys say?

Quote from: Kaiser Maverick on June 05, 2010, 08:58:00 PM
Hehe I think I could play Noctis well

We are aiming more for an original character cast I believe, but if we do go down a fandom role play I'm sure that we can talk about that Kaiser. I'm not familiar with what character that is, so we'd need to do some research before starting if we go down that route.

-Miyr

Miyr

So this is the basic character sheet I’ve come up with. When it comes to weapons, I am fine with there being a primary and secondary weapon. But if you would like to list which weapons they are proficient with you may.

As for the summons, we will need to figure out how to divide them up properly in case there are people who want the same one etc. I think that everyone should be able to have one of their choosing and that we agree on whether it’s a fair choice or not. Also. . . I had an idea for the summons. Do we want them to have a more active role in the story? Like they are actually around for things other than battle? For example, Thor from FFX is horse-like, thus could be ridden while travelling. Is that something we would possibly like to explore?

For the magic section, I think having up to three spells would be good for now. We may change it down the road, but I am willing to let anyone pick whatever they want. However, because the team is coming together and such, all of the spells need to be at the basic/introductory level.

Name:
Magic:
Summon:
Description:
Attire:
Personality:
Background:

I have a basic idea for my character, so I am going to post my character outline (work in progress so it’s not finished!) just so that people can get an idea of what I’m looking for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Alexandria Boudreaux (Alexia)
Weapon: Sword (Primary), Duel-bladed Pole arm (Secondary)
Magic: Cure, Fire, Thunder
Summon: -Undecided-
Description: Her eyes are a deep blue, and her hair is a soft honey-blonde that is layered, falling past her shoulders a bit. There are bangs across her brow, resting right above her brows but there are longer wisps of hair that frame her face. Her sink is a light olive and her nails are always kept filed yet slightly long. Alexia’s body has the curves of a fully developed woman, however she has a bit more muscle than a typical lady of the court. Her body is rather dainty looking at first, but can easily be manipulated by her quick reflexes to give her an added edge during a fight.
Attire: Typically wears leather trousers and knee high boots. She wears a crème knit vest that is sleeveless, with the collar folded down around her neck like that of a turtle-neck. There are woven bracelets around each of her wrists and a few rings upon her hands. She tends to wear silver necklaces around her neck and earrings in each ear, a long one hanging down from her left ear made with silver and bone beads, a long claw fastened to the tip of it.
Personality: Shy once you get to know her, and often gives the impression that she’s an arrogant aristocrat before people get to know her. Once she has warmed up to someone, she is rather kindhearted and capable of great compassion. Incredibly stubborn, once she’s set her mind to something she will do it, regardless of who tries to stop her. Always trying to help lead, Alexia does her best to contribute to a team and be a sturdy rock for others to rely on.
Background: Daughter of a local lord who owns a merchant company, Alexia was born from noble lines and can be arrogant like a noble, but she’s doesn’t flaunt her roots. Trying to blend in with others, Alexia always strove for adventure and tries to distance herself from the duties that comes with her bloodline, having a well rounded education from anything book related to fencing. There are times where she can be stoic, then other times can be incredibly eccentric and extroverted. Having many scopes to her personality, it all depends on who Alexia surrounds herself with to bring out her personality traits.

-Miyr

Miyr

No we didn't decide for sure on the setting. I think that we should have a primary continent for where everything will take place at, and so we just need to get an outline settled on for that. I was hoping that people would contribute their ideas for the setting, but if need be, I will just come up with one and throw it out there. I want a stempunk-ish world I guess, something similar to FFXII and FFIX development wise, but I like the actual terrain of FFX.

Any suggestions for the setting Baleron?

-Miyr

Miyr

I like your idea of them starting out in a bigger city. I think that it would provide a good chance for them to have diverse background stories and be able to play around with them a bit.

I also really liked your suggestion of them seeing something occur that could be what draws them together. Perhaps an event took place (will figure something out) and they all witnessed it. Then a 3rd party of sort (that can remain hidden for now) brings the cast in to work for them, employing them to find the source of whatever it was they saw.

This could be done by my character's "father" or whatever because of the merchant business, therefor they'd have an airship that could be used later on etc. I think that the journey should start out on foot, like most FF games, and the airship will be brought in later.

-Miyr

Miyr

I was thinking more of an attack on the big city. Like an airship goes down or something and destroys a building that they all were next too when it took place etc. By having the event purposely alter someone, then that throws the technological advancement further ahead. I'm also wanting all of the characters to basically be on the same playing field as the others, so there's no god modding.

The only way I see this possibly working is if people are unable to use magic before the even takes place, or they can't use summons. Then after the event they can. Similar to how in FFXIII they are unable to use magic and summons until becoming l'cie.

-Miyr

Miyr

No go ahead and do it. I'm thinking that I might actually start writing up the intro post for the actual RP, if we can iron out a few kinks.

So shall start writing up the event. Should I leave it so that each person can write their reaction to it? Or just reference back to it and have it be the actual day that everyone is being brought together for the meeting saying that they're hired, then let everyone branch off and absorb what's taken place?

-Miyr

Miyr

Sounds good! I am working on the intro now ~.~

-Miyr

Miyr

Okay so I am ready to post the intro for the RP, my only thing is that your character needs to be hit during the attack, wounded in some way. That's how the change is going to occur, by having a special piece of metal embedded into their flesh which will change them. You can see in my post that Alexia is hit.

-Miyr

Miyr

And here's the thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71304.0

Let me know if you guys don't like it or want it to be altered.

-Miyr

Kineas

Would you be alright if my character had been exposed to the metal earlier? I was going to write it in almost identically to your attack, actually, injuring his right temple. xD

He'd move in to investigate the crash because of his nature.

edit: I was going to say this had happened to him some ten years ago.

edit edit: Fudge it, I'll just post the character.

Name: Ienis (Pronounced eye-nis)
Weapon: Sword and shield
Magic: Cure, Protect, Shell
Summon: None currently.
Description: Ienis has short, dark brown hair and brown eyes. He is slimly built and of fair complexion, with slightly sharper features. He has a scar running from the top of his right temple straight down to the jawbone.
Attire: He dresses simply, slacks and a loose shirt, over which he wears a mish mash of assorted armors. Chainmail down his left (shield) arm, a plate over his heart, a shoulder guard for his right side, a chain wrap around his torso, and a simple steel 'mask' which amounts to little more than a few bars to keep his face from being sliced off too easily without getting in the way of his vision.
Personality: Ienis is a quiet but compassionate individual. He cares a lot about the well being of others and has made putting his life on the line for the greater good his job, as it were. Perhaps a little too self sacrificing at times, he nevertheless is a very kind hearted soul.
Background: When Ienis was struck on the head in his youth, he soon found himself with the power to heal and shield himself and others from harm. He came from a less than functional family, the youngest of three. His mistreatment there made him long for a way to bring right to where there was wrong, to wish that even if there was no one who could help him, that he should at least help others in what ways he can.

Miyr

That should be fine, but we'll need to work out the story of it later on once we establish what the metal is and why it does what it does.

-Miyr

Kineas

Tee hee, fail edit is fail by virtue of being late. I think i'm about to call it a night though, I'll introduce myself tomorrow, maybe after Baleron posts. The rescue squad can't show up before people have had a bit of time to squirm about their predicament. x3

Miyr

Rest well Kineas, and that sounds find about your intro. They will need time to get down to the scene anyway. My presence may be a bit random tomorrow, hopefully will be signing my new lease and moving some of my things, also need to prepare some things for my final exam Tuesday morning in my ADMG class.

-Miyr

Henderson

Here we go!

Name: #183
Weapon: Unarmed/Brass Knuckles/Fighting Claws
Magic: Blue (Builds Upgrades, based on monsters)
Summon: None
Description: Made of formed brass and steel, #183 is a construction and hauling automaton belonging to the merchant company. Standing at the same height as the average human, his body was built to last the heavy workload that his kind were created for with heavy metal banding reinforcing his frame. His eyes are empty, with the dull coal fire inside him lighting them up even in the dark of night. His heartbeat is the steady tick-tock of clockwork, never faultering, always accurate. His mouth is little more then a mobile jaw, incapable of delicate movements save up and down when he speaks. His teeth are flat, but sharp - Designed to break up coal to keep his internal fires burning.
Attire: He wears simple cloth workmans dungarees which have his numbers embroidered on the front of them, and a grey flatcap on his head. It’s the Automaton ‘Uniform’ given by the company in order to make the living races feel less akward around them.
Personality: His manner is that of the average automaton, obsequious and polite. He is capable of strange insight, unknown for his kind…
Background: He was built on a construction line, the 183rd of his kind. He has been owned by the company for his entire existence and knows nothing outside of following orders.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!