News:

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Dizzi, January 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

I know, right?

I need to download an unzip programme so I can get some of those mods and test out a few texture packs. The adventure maps also look like loads of fun.

Kunoichi

*hasn't been following along with what's expected in 1.8*

I really like pistons, myself. ^^ Admittedly, this is at least partly because pistons were what finally got me to start messing around with Redstone, but still...

*has a nice secret door for her mountain hideout, now*

Harley

Quote from: Eden on July 04, 2011, 08:24:44 PM
I've been following the Yogscast minecraft adventures on youtube, and I'm really impressed with them. I totally want to create something like their Israphel series.

I love the Yogscast!  They make me laugh every single time I watch their videos.  They were the ones that got me into wanting to try minecraft, and...  Well, here I am!

I don't know how to make the piston and shears though, so I have to kill sheep until I do learn. 

Nadir

Shears recipe

Two iron in a / diagonal

Harley

OH!  That would make sense.   Thank you.   

Kunoichi

Shears are made with two iron ingots arranged diagonally.  They also drop more wool per sheep than punching, so they can be pretty useful in that regard. ^^

Shears
Piston

Edit: Ninja'd :P

Nadir

klamity

With these pistons I've decided to make a mostly static steam punk-y airship. The engine room will have working pistons and such, but the propellers wont move and all that. Working bomb bays as well :D

Nadir

Kunoichi

Nice. ;D I mostly tend to focus on building buildings in Minecraft, myself.  Right at the moment, I'm working on a mansion. ^^

Anjasa

I'm so sad. My server file is corrupted :( I keep getting errors and it seems everything is lost.

I spent about 5 hours trying to fix the problem or find a solution, but nothin' so far.

klamity

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 05, 2011, 03:21:18 PM
Nice. ;D I mostly tend to focus on building buildings in Minecraft, myself.  Right at the moment, I'm working on a mansion. ^^

Transportation is my specialty. Rail system, train stations. Netherworld rail works. Roads, sign posts and most of all BRIDGES!

mannik

This made me giggle, thought I'd share.

Shjade

That's possibly the best edit of that .gif I've seen. Nice.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Syauglan

Quote from: klamity on July 05, 2011, 03:47:16 PM
Transportation is my specialty. Rail system, train stations. Netherworld rail works. Roads, sign posts and most of all BRIDGES!
Bridges! That's something I've not built yet, even in the Nether where they would make a lot more sense than my ladders and islands approach.

My specialties are underwater structures and creating huge dark forests with narrow paths running through them.

Kunoichi

I guess the Creepers in those forests specialize in creating forest clearings, then? :P

Hmm.  At some point, I need to restart this world that I lost the save for and try to see if I can get that tower built again.  It was a sandstone tower, and I had been planning on building it all the way up to the top...

Nadir

I'm playing on Vechs' Legendary map, the crazy hard one. Bloody brilliant.

klamity

Quote from: Syauglan on July 08, 2011, 07:10:55 PM
Bridges! That's something I've not built yet, even in the Nether where they would make a lot more sense than my ladders and islands approach.

My specialties are underwater structures and creating huge dark forests with narrow paths running through them.

Beyond transportation I also tend to specialize in underground construction. I make massive caverns with ludicrous amounts of tnt and then connect them to the transit system. Of course, my old city is in much disrepair. Not finished at all, and it runs on the old glitch boosters for the transit is defunkt

Shjade

Quote from: Eden on July 08, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
I'm playing on Vechs' Legendary map, the crazy hard one. Bloody brilliant.
Details?
◕/◕'s

Nadir

This is the minecraftforum thread for it and the other maps - the one I mentioned is #7. It is effing huge and beautiful and I've died at least a hundred times already.

klamity

Eden, I am downloading legendary now. God have rest on our souls

Nadir

Shjade

Sounds like my kind of fun. Minecraft's too easy. ;p

I'll get started on map #7 the next time I boot up Mac-side.
◕/◕'s

Syauglan

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 08, 2011, 07:17:16 PM
I guess the Creepers in those forests specialize in creating forest clearings, then? :P
Curse them! We hates them! Peaceful difficulty setting is our friend.

Seriously though, I've built stuff like dense forests so I can include them as interesting locations on an MP server for newb friends I'm expecting to get into Minecraft a few months from now. I know that as soon as they discover them fire they'll burn them down. I do it anyway. Screw it. If they do that I'll burn their houses down, with the lemons.

Syauglan

Quote from: Syauglan on July 08, 2011, 11:12:33 PM
Curse them! We hates them! Peaceful difficulty setting is our friend.

Seriously though, I've built stuff like dense forests so I can include them as interesting locations on an MP server for newb friends I'm expecting to get into Minecraft a few months from now. I know that as soon as they discover fire they'll burn them down. I do it anyway. Screw it. If they do that I'll burn their houses down, with the lemons.