Fire and Ice and Darkness (open to anyone willing to join)

Started by Old Lady Willow, September 16, 2010, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Lady Willow

Katlin ran through the woods as fast as her legs would carry her. She really hated trees, there was no room at all to take off. She could hear them, behind her, following. She tripped and ripped her pants on a sharp rock. A sudden pain stabbed at her knee as the skin tore on the rough ground. Ignoring the injury, she pulled herself up and continued running. They couldn't catch her. She was faster than they were. She'd been escaping them her whole life, she wasn't going to loose now.
Finally, she reached a clearing large enough to spread her wings, and she lept up into the air. She had to work a little, as going straight up was harder than any other means of flying. She left the sounds of the hunters behind as she flew off into the night.
About an hour later, she landed on a nice mountain. It was cold, and she loved it. She looked at her throbbing knee curiously. Luckily, she'd only skinned it. It would heal. Besides, dragons healed quickly. She scowled to herself. 'Dragon.' She hated that term. It was what the hunters called her kind.
She became aware of someone else there, a different smell. "Who's there?" She called out.

Dark Rhain

The eyes watched her from a short distance away. Unfortunately the wind had shifted and the vampire knew the dragon would soon catch it's scent, She stepped out of the darkness a last Metal spike loaded and aimed at the creature. She prayed it wouldnt smell her fear or see her shaking hand.

"Hold foul creature...you you will have drawn your last breath!"
Visit your wrath upon me,
Let me feel the sting of your vengence,
Then wrap me protectively in your arms,
and shield me from harm

Pleasure like a fine meal, should be savored.

Old Lady Willow

She growled quietly at the girls voice. Great, yet another bloodsucker.... Odd. This one seemed... unerved. She summoned up a blocl of ice with a wave of her hand, and posisioned it in front of her. No, it wasn't enough to stop the spike if the vampire fired, but it was enough to keep the wound from being fatal. Deciding to take a chance, she lightly leaned on the cool ice, and spoke calmly to the girl. "Hello. You seem nervous.... never heard of a vampire being nervous before. What's wrong? This your first hunt?"

Dark Rhain

The girl fought to calm her voice, "Hardly.." but her tone was not one of confidence. "Hold I said..." she cocked the crossbow leveled at the creature. yet her arm began to tremble. She weak...too weak to be here...why had her comrades left her alone here to die at the feet of this dragon?

She licked her lips as the cold biting wind whipped around her swirling snow and ruffling her long coat. She had not eaten in days, punishment for her audasity to question her comander's authority...She was now about to die at the hands of one of the very beasts she had dared question their slaughter.

Before she could brace herself her knee gave way, she knew in an instant that as she fell the crossbow would fire...With her last willful thought she aimed it away from the being that had NOT pounced on her and killed her as she was fully aware the dragon could have. The metal spike buring itself harmlessly in the ground as she fell to her knees.
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

Somthing was... off. The girl still shook, but fear wasn't the only thing causeing it. This vampire was not in proper shape, and the cold of the mountain(not to mention the cold that came naturally from Katlin herself) seemed to have taken it's toll. The girl faltered suddenly, her legs no longer able to suport her. Katlin flinched at the sound of the crossbow, bracing herself for the pain as the metal bow broke through her shiled...
The pain never came. The girl missfired. She wondered if it had been on purpose, but no... a vampire was a killer. They wouldn't miss if they could help it. Still, it didn't look like an accident.
She let her ice sheled fall, and drew closer to the fallen warrier. She sniffed, smelling her weakness on the air. "If you stay, then you'll die." She kneeled next to her, lightly placing a hand on her shoulder. "You can't move yourself." She pulled the girl up to her feet, then picked her up, arms under her knees and her shoulders. The body temputure would drop, from being held by her, but it couldn't be helped. She'd have to find a way to warm her later. She spread her wings and took off in search of a cave.

Dark Rhain

Deeandra felt herself being lifted up, she was COLD so damn cold...she hadn't fed in over a week, her commander's idea of proper disciplinary action for her...softening toward the winged beasts.

Dee knew if she didn't feed soon she would die...

Maybe that was the point...maybe Gareth wanted her dead after all...maybe THAT was his revenge for Archon...

``````````
They had cornered the beasts...The vampires were very sure of a victory...the young male could not control his gifts the way an older more experienced Dragon could have..Deeandra saw him falter...knew he was going to be slaughtered...she couldn't bear to watch such a magnificent creature die like that,,,it seemed...criminal...so Dee did the only thing she could think of...and broke ranks...appearing to be frightened herself...that simple opening was all it took...Archon looked into her eyes as he flew away...and Gareth would never forgive her for it...

Now she knew she was dying and nothing could be done to save her...
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

Katlin found a cave, and put the vampire in the very back, away from the harsh wind. Okay, now what to do.... Vampires needed blood, right? And this one in paticular also needed warmth. Both of these could be found in animals. Katlin nodded and flew off, quickly finding a large deer. Summoning up a block of ice, she send it down, banging it into the creatures neck, snaping it painlessly. She used a block of ice to carry the creature back with her to the cave, and set it down next to the vampire. She made a small cut in the skin, hoping that the smell of blood would be enough to wake her enough to feed.

Dark Rhain

Deeandra felt the hard earth under her, she was not sure where she was..she heard a sound...knew it to be the sound of wings beating the air..and then a moment later a smell..she KNEW she must be imagining it...her eyes flew open...the red precious liquid flowing from the neck of a large stag...she didnt waste a moment. Animals were NOT her first choice but she was desperate. Her eyes flashed Red and her fangs tore out from her gums and pounced on the warm body before the blood could start to congeal.

It was at that moment as the warm thick life blood was flowing into her that she noticed she was being watched...
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

Katlin kept quiet, and stood back. She'd never seen a vampire feed before. It wasn't a plesant sight, but neither were her own eating habbits. She noted that the eyes had turned the same shade of red as the wings on the males of her kind.
She backed away a little more, knowing that after the vampire was done feeding, she'd be dangerous again. She flinched, her leg protesting at the movement. Funny, she'd forgotten she was injured. Not that it mattered, her wings would still work, if she needed to get away.
When the vampire seemed to relise she was standing there, watching, she took yet another step back. She eyed it, watching for any offencive movement.

Dark Rhain

Dee drew one last mouthful. It wasn't the delight that fresh warm, freely given blood was, but it would keep her from dying. Had she fed regualarly up to this point she would have been almost at full strength. But as she had been starved for almost a week and the blood wasn't freely given it was NOT fully satisfying.

She sat up and leaned back against the hard cave walls.

"Shea'rat." (thank you most formally) she said in almost flawless Dragon. "You just saved My life and I thank you." She said as she wiped a trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth.
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

"Ah?" Katlin tilted her head slitely to one side. The girl and spoke in her language. She hadn't thought that any non-dragons would have known it, especially now that most of her kind had converted to english. Still, though shocking, it was welcome. She smiled, and gave a small bow, spreading her wings a little. "Guni'moe. (You're welcome) Is there anything else you require?"

Dark Rhain

Dee leaned back and took a deep breath. "Rest? Please? I know you are wairy of my kind, and with good reason...But I am still weak despite your generously procured meal. I respectfully request a chance to rest before you attack?" But her body was obviously was tensed ready to try to react if the Dragon refused her.
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

"Request granted. I won't attack, unless you strike me first." It was a rule she lived by, anyway. Though, she hoped that, if she said it outloud, the vampire wouldn't make that first move. She was more than willing to keep this peaceful, if the creature was willing.

Dark Rhain

Dee was tired, although not so hungry anymore. She lloked at the dragon, a female, and hoped the the females of their kind were as particular about keeping their words as the males were.

"I will rest then...come the morrow, I will not expect anymore quarter."

Dee closed her eyes, drew in a deep breath and hoped the monster was good to her word. Otherwise Dee knew she'd never make it through the night
and shield me from harm

Old Lady Willow

Katlin sighed, relieved. She colapsed where she was, too exausted to bother worrying how hard the ground was. She pulled her pant leg up and examened the wound. She had been right, it wasn't too bad. She lightly placed a hand over it, and froze the area. It was like a bandaid to a human, and would protect it untill it healed properly. She yawned and curled up on her side an the ground, faceing the vampire. She wouldn't be getting much sleep that night, she was too jumpy around their kind. She didn't really need sleep, though. She drew strength from the cold weather, just as the males of her kind drew strength from hot weather.

LucianLuna

Lucian was new to the area and the first place he found was the woods. Woods always helped him relax and he needed to relax right now. He was a young vampire, only changed last halloween, and he was untrained in the ways of his kind. he was wearing black pants and boots and a maroon colored silk shirt. he didn't know anything about this place and didn't know where to go to find out the information he needed. mainly, where can he get a room to stay in before the sun came up. He started walking through the woods and looking aorund. It seemed rather quiet and he wondered if anyone was even around. it had been several days since he's feed and he was starting to feel rather hungry. he stoped and leaned against a tree, closeing his eyes and listening to the sounds aorund him while taking in the smells of the forest. Trying to sense if anyone else was around.

Old Lady Willow

Where was she? What was takeing her so long? Larsa snarled, growing angry. Something must have happened in those mountains. What had those filthy bloodsuckers done to her? He hit the tree closest to him, causing it to burst into flames. He took a deep, calming breath, and the fire died down. Wouldn't want the forest to go down because he was in a bad mood. It would ruin the best hiding place he'd ever found. He sniffed the air, a new scent on the air. Vampire. He found the creature quickly. It was alone, strange for it's kind. He came out into the open, folding his arms. "Well, well, I found a little lost bat. What are you doing out here?"

LucianLuna

Lucian tensed when he saw the person come into the open and study him. "I'm not a bat, I can't shapeshift. I'm a stranger to this place, new to the area and don't know where to go to get a room or for that matter, clothes since mine are a little warn out." He watched the man suspiciously, not trusting him. he didn't knwo anything about this area or it's people and he had never trusted strangers to begin with.

sweetangel21

hi im a bit new to the whole rp thing and i was wondering if i could join this one. 

Old Lady Willow

Larsa rolled his eyes. Didn't the vampire know 'bat' was considered an insult? He must be a newly turned one, as he hadn't attacked on sight. He considered just ripping out his heart, ending the problim before it started. But, no. He knew Katlin wouldn't like that. "There is a city that way." He pointed, "If you say you were attacked, and don't remember anything, I'm sure they'd offer you care."

LucianLuna

"Ok sir, thank you." he started walking in the direction the man pointed until he reached the city, wondering why he had to say those things but not really thinking about it. Eventually he reached the city and looked around. He knew the first place you should go if your new to a city is the tavern so he started walking down the street and trying to find a tavern. there had to be one somewhere. Every city has a tavern after all. the tavern is always a good source of info about any town or city your were in.

sweetangel21

Mira lands in the wood with a flowing grace. With her age and being an elder it had become a habit to appear as eligant as possible. Even though no one was watching. She folds in her wings and begins to walk in the direction of flame she had seen just a short bit ago.

Lionura7

The war between Dragons and Vampires is a long one, but within both ranks there are those that want one part in it. Amoreyn is such an example. Her refusal to hunt and slay dragons cast her out of her clan, and as a result she chose a solitary life. The land and the trees became her home, relying only on towns when in dire need of supplies. Her clothes became the skins of the animals she hunted. She wore a fitted deerskin tunic for a top with matching deerskin leggings to allow for swift and agile movement. Overtop was a large cloak made of a bear pelt, with the head for a cowl. By not feeding on human blood, she would be considered weak by other vampires, with her gray eyes making that evident. However, her body had come to adapt to the animal blood from drinking it for so long, allowing her to build other strengths as well as regaining her physical prowess. She rarely encountered any other vampires, though so even she was unaware of the changes in her body. Amoreyn had just returned from a successful hunt, her body bolstered against the weather by the warm liquid. Her home was an innocuous cave, that upon entering seemed to be occupied by a Dragon and another vampire.

sweetangel21

Mira walks in the dark slowly. Listening to the trees as she sinces the dragon she was searching for. As she comes nere the place where she had seen the flames among the trees. She calls out are you still here sir dragon?

Old Lady Willow

Larsa turned and gave a deep bow. "Yes, I am here, my lady." He stratened up slowly, and gave her a smile. "How are you today, lady Mira? It's been awhile."

Ooc: I've been having internet problims. I've been useing a friend's computer, but I won't be able to get to it for awhile. If anyone want's to take control Katlin and Larsa, they're welcome to.