2277: A Radioactive Odyssey (Fallout Series Themed Interest Check)

Started by Urbanzorro, May 11, 2011, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

-July 16: The first atomic bomb is detonated by the United States.
-August 14: World War II comes to an end.

-May 5: Captain Carl Bell of the United States Space Agency (U.S.S.A.) became the first human in space. This claim is disputed by both the Soviet Union and China. Captain Bell's flight in Space Capsule Defiance 7 lasted twelve minutes and seven seconds, and made a full revolution around the Earth. Bell died when the capsule crashed on its return to Earth

-The United States is divided into thirteen commonwealths, each of which encompasses several states. The national flag is changed to reflect this and depicts fourteen stars - thirteen in a circle to represent the commonwealths and one in the middle to represent the federal government and the nation as a whole. [5].
-July 16: The Virgo II Lunar Lander Valiant 11 with U.S.S.A. astronauts Captain Richard Wade, Captain Mark Garris, and Captain Michael Hagen lands on the Moon. The astronauts become the first humans to walk on a celestial body other than Earth.[4]

-Hubris Comics begins publishing comic books, one of their most popular is Grognak the Barbarian.

-The Mr. Handy series of robots is first brought to market as a general construction and maintenance unit by General Atomics International

-A major earthquake takes place in Mexico City. The Mr. Handy general construction robot becomes the leader in sales in Mexico
-Robert House founds RobCo Industries.

-Nuka-Cola is invented by John Caleb-Bradberton

-Seeking to protect business interests and their oil supply, the United States begins to exert increasing pressure on Mexico, citing the political instability and pollution stemming from Mexico as a threat to the United States. Various economic sanctions serve to destabilize Mexico, and the United States military enters Mexico to keep the oil refineries running and making sure oil and fuel continue to make their way north across the border at Mexico's expense.

-A television documentary into the withered husk of the Texas oil fields brings the oil shortage into the American households, and reveals how deep the energy crisis runs
-April: The Resource Wars begin. Many smaller nations go bankrupt, and Europe, dependent on oil imports from the Middle East, responds to the Middle East's rising oil prices with military action. The long drawn-out war between the European Commonwealth and the Middle East begins.
-May - July: The United Nations, already suffering, begins to collapse. In a series of heated debates, many nations withdraw from the organization as the U.N. tries to keep the peace
-July 27: The United Nations is officially disbanded
-December: Like an exclamation mark on the end of a very bad year, a terrorist nuclear weapon destroys Tel Aviv
-The widely known Nuka-Cola’s Dazzling Blue bottle color was adopted as standard after market research programs indicated that the blue color was the favorite in 86 people out of a hundred polled.

-January: Limited nuclear exchange in the Middle East raises fears throughout the world.[14]
-In light of the Euro-Middle Eastern conflict and the plague scares, the United States officially sets Project Safehouse in motion. The project, financed by junk bonds, is designed to create shelters, called Vaults, for the populace in the event of a nuclear war or deadly plague. Construction begins late in 2054 and proceeds rapidly due to advances in construction technology.

-The Anchorage Front Line is established, as the United States increases its military presence in Alaska to protect its oil interests. The Anchorage Front Line causes tensions in the United States and Canada, as the United States attempts to pressure Canada into allowing American military units to guard the Alaskan pipeline.

-Traffic on the streets of the world stops moving. Fuel becomes too precious to waste on automobiles, so alternatives are explored - electric and fusion cars begin to be manufactured, but factories can only make limited amounts while conserving fuel. The U.S. economy teeters on bankruptcy. Pressure on fusion research increases.
-The Euro-Middle Eastern War ends as the oil fields in the Middle East run dry. There is no longer a goal in the conflict, and both sides are reduced almost to ruin.
-The European Commonwealth dissolves into quarreling nation states, fighting over the remaining resources

-August: The construction of most Vaults is completed, drills begin in the cities with completed Vaults, but the increasing frequency of the drills has a "cry wolf" effect, and the turnouts for drills trickle off as the years go on.

-June: Due to enormous demands for electricity from a 17+ million population, a nuclear reactor in New York City goes supercritical during the summer of this year, almost causing a meltdown. The near meltdown brings into effect power rationing, and the term "Hot Summer" is used to refer to the New York incident.

-Spring: As the oil resources dry up across the globe, China's fossil fuel dependency causes an energy crisis in the nation. China, bordering on collapse, becomes more aggressive in its trade talks with the United States. Unwilling to export oil to China, talks between the United States and China break down.
-Summer: Adding further insult to the Sino-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general U.S. infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly eleven years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power.
-Winter China invades Alaska. The Anchorage Front Line becomes a true battleground.
-Winter: As a sign of increasing tension between the two countries, Canada proves reluctant to allow American troops on Canadian soil or allow American planes to fly over Canadian airspace. American and Canadian tensions rise, but Canada eventually backs down, and U.S. troops pass through Canada. This sets the stage for the Canadian annexation in 2076
-The U.S. Navy Missile Cruiser U.S.S. Ebon Atoll is accidentally sunk by the U.S. Navy Submarine U.S.S. Interference during the Anchorage Campaign. The Interference mistook the Ebon Atoll for an enemy vessel and shot it with a nuclear torpedo killing all on board. It is one of the worst U.S. Navy disasters since World War II.

-The first suit of T-45d Power Armor is deployed in Alaska. While lacking the full mobility of future versions, this Power Armor is incredibly effective against Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to carry heavy ordinance becomes key in various localized conflicts, and it has the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer. China rushes to create its own versions, but they are many years behind the United States.
-By this year, a Nuka-Cola machine can be found on almost every street in America

-Canada begins to feel the pressure from the United States military as the U.S. draws upon Canadian resources for the war effort. Vast stretches of timberland are destroyed, and other resources in Canada are stretched to the breaking point. Many Americans refer to Canada as Little America, and Canadian protests are unheard.

-The United States' increasing demand for Canadian resources causes protests and riots in several Canadian cities. An attempted sabotage of the Alaskan pipeline is all the military needs as an excuse to finalise its annexation of Canada, which had already begun in 2067
-June 3: Canada fully annexed by U.S.A.

-Negotiations between the U.S. and other world powers come to a dramatic end, with the President walking out of oil talks with the other world powers. After a much heated debate, the President stormed out of the meeting and declared that the last known supply of petroleum will be used exclusively by the U.S. and the U.S. will not sell or trade any oil to outside parties.
-Contrary to their claims of seeking only to retake Alaska from the Reds, American Power Armor units, infantry, and mechanized divisions are deployed to China, but they become bogged down on the mainland, putting a further drain on American resources and supply lines.
-June: Construction of Vault 111 ends.

-RobCo Industries copyrights the Unified Operating System. This system is used for operating the Robco terminals. The copyright is renewed for each of the next two years

-January: The United States annexation of Canada is complete. Canadian protesters and rioters are shot on sight, and the Alaskan Pipeline swarms with American military units. Pictures of atrocities make their way to the United States, causing further unrest and protests
-June: Power Armor prototype completed, resulting in the T-51b Power Armor. This is the pinnacle of Power Armor technology before the Great War. Many of these units are sent to China, and they begin to carve a swath through the Chinese forces. The Chinese resources are strained to the breaking point, and the supply lines from the nations China has annexed begin to break down.
-August: Food and energy riots begin in major cities throughout the United States. Military units begin to be deployed in cities within the United States to contain rioters, and many temporary jails are constructed. A state of emergency is declared, and martial law soon follows.

- Gas prices sky rocket with the regular gas price being $7450.99 per gallon and $8500.99 per gallon for premium.[39]
- A Chinese attempt at Hoover Dam sabotage takes place.
January 10:
-Alaska is reclaimed, and the Anchorage Front Line is again held by the Americans
January 22:
-The first domestic use of Power Armor within the United States for crowd and quarantine control. Units originally serving in China and the Anchorage Front Line find themselves fighting Americans at home. Food riots increase, and many civilians are killed. Several soldiers defect from the military both in Canada and the United States. They are captured, and are sent to military prisons
October 23:
-Nuka Cola Quantum is released to the public hours before the bombs are first dropped. Due to its late release, Quantum is now labeled a rare item.
-Great War: Bombs are launched; who struck first is unknown. Other countries, seeing the missiles on their way, launch their planes and fire their warheads as well. Air raid sirens sound people go into vaults. The Vaults are sealed. What ensues is two hours of nuclear bombardment upon the earth's surface. The effects are far worse than most imagined. The earth's faults shift violently. Mountain ranges thrust themselves through the soil. Whole lands are submerged under floods of water
-A week after the initial blast, a black rain begins to fall. The source of the black rain was the massive amounts of radioactive particle debris (mainly soot) from the nuclear firestorm a week earlier. Plants and animals both go rapidly into extinction

-The first effects of radiation are seen in the survivors. Widespread mutations occur with animals and humans alike. Those that survive the effects of the mutations are permanently changed. New species are created almost overnight

-Five years after the Great War, some aspects of the world begin to calm down. Radiation and poison levels are still too high for normal human survival.

-The Great Winter occurs

-Brotherhood of Steel Airships arrive in the Midwest. Landing near the ruins of St. Louis

-Several Small Brotherhood of Steel outposts are set up throughout the Midwest

-'Goodtime Al' Begins broadcasting Galaxy News Radio signals to the areas surrounding the Remains of Chicago.

-Enclave Radio broadcasts begin to be picked up through out the Midwest.

OOC
Hello all, as you may have guessed by this point, this is an interest check for a game set in a SLIGHTLY non-cannon version of the Fallout universe/setting, specifically at the time the game Fallout 3 occurred. It should be noted up front that this game will be non-canon, this does not mean that some canon characters will not appear (such as Moira Brown for example) but for the purposes of our game,  the main story of Fallout 3 and that of Fallout Tactics(an older game that was in fact set in the midwest) does/will not exist as such this allows us to explore a region of the post apocalyptic Retro-United States that is in many ways a clean slate. Hopefully you're still excited! But before you get too excited and start creating a terror of the wastes, a friendly neighborhood ghoul, or Brother of Steel please read the following notes/points so that you can understand what sort of game this is going to be, and so that you know if it is the sort of game you want to be a part of.

A few rules and notices:
•Players will be required to post ideally once every 24 hours and once every 48 hours at the very least. Should you know that you may be unable to commit to this then please, for the benefit of the GM and other players, do not apply to play. It should also be noted that there is no upward limit on posts within reason so being able to post several times a day is a plus ;D
•Due to past games where players have dropped causing continuity of plot problems, your character is to be considered a part of the story, not the other way around. In other words the story (by way of the GM) owns the characters you create and if you leave the game we reserve the right to play on with that character as an NPC, dispose of them or offer them to a replacement player. Again this rule is in place to ensure continued enjoyment for the majority not to pick on any one person or insure that the GM can puppet your characters. Those who cannot accept this please do not apply to play.
•Player characters in this game will be members of Vault 110, which is a non-canon Vault created for the purpose of this game. This Vault did open several years after the war but the devastation caused by the war and the seemingly hopeless situation on the surface caused the people to decide to simply live in the Vault and not return to or be open to the surface. More details on this and the effects it has had on the Vault's polices will follow if interest is shown.
•This game will be GM by me though if anyone would like to volunteer to assist I'd be open to the idea though that will mean that you can't play a player character.
•I politely require players to play characters of their own gender simply because it fits with the retro-feel of the game ;D
•Posts need not be long, but they must not be one liners - or even five liners! They need not be literary masterpieces but they must however be useful posts. Useful to the other players and useful to progressing the story or useful in revealing the character and on a good day, all three. Quality over quantity please.
•This will be a system game, it will use a custom system that I created for a previous game. To the players the system will appear and feel 100 percent freeform, there will be no rolls, stat checks, etc. The only contact any players will have with the system at all will be during character creation which has been itself turned into a sort of 'game' to help make it fun(at least IMHO).
•The game will be set in the extreme section of the boards but that is ONLY so that descriptions of violent bloody combat and gory deaths can be included. No other extreme elements are intended or welcomed. As far as sexual encounters are concerned and because slavery is a big element in the Fallout  universe, players need to be aware that non-consensual sexual encounters may happen in the game at any time.

Alright! If you've read all of the above and you're still interested, then this may just be the game for you. I am currently looking for 8-10 players. Players and Characters will be added to the approved list on a 1st come, 1st served, 1st approved basis. What this means is that those who submit a character first will be considered first and given any changes they need to make first. Please note that stating your interest does not guarantee you a place: the GM reserve the right to select the players/characters I think most suitable. This is just an interest check at this point so please feel free to ask questions, but please don't submit any characters yet. Should interest be shown then info on character creation will be posted!

P.S. Below is a short description of the system for anyone who wishes to read it. It is not necessary by any means to be able to play but it may provide some insight and show you just how invisible the system will be to the players.

THE SYSTEM

When/how the system will be used, as well as how it will work.

Normal Combat: The system will be used to determine how effective the Vault dwellers are at killing their foe, as well as how effective the mutated creatures or wasteland enemies are at attacking the characters. Here is a simple example scenario. A Vault dweller is walking down a hallway when he/she encounters a super mutant and opens fire. The mutie runs to attack the Vault dweller who manages to shoot the mutie in the head and it dies without harming the player. Post-wise this would happen with the player writing a post saying that he/she is walking down a hallway the system would be used to tell if the Vault dweller sees the mutie and if they are able to kill it or if it isn’t his/her lucky day and they get wounded/has to run/possibly worse. Either way the posting/action would be 100% freeform. This is achieved by the players using statements like "My character shoots at the creature with his 10mm SMG aiming for its head" as opposed to "My character, shoots the creature in the head." Ideally this will allow both the player and myself to add a bit of creativity while still allowing me (as the GM) to control the outcome of the encounter. Note that specifying the weapon helps a great deal.

Random Happenings: If, for example, the Vault dwellers are walking through some ruined buildings, from time to time the system will cough up something good or bad at them, just to keep things interesting. Here is the very simple system for that: A D20 is rolled, if the roll is a 1 then a bad event will happen, if the roll is a 20 a good event will happen. A further roll is made against a chart to randomly determine what the event is.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kristine

This looks extremely interesting :)
I have started Fallout 3 but didn't finish yet, though the game seems fantastic and the post-apocalyptic setting is very well done.

Well, I never played games with system, but if you say it's not necessary to know to be able to play, I take it it will be not something hard to overcome.

Urbanzorro

Glad to have you interested, invite your friends ;D

I'll have some stuff up soon on character creation ect.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kristine

I'm pretty new here  :-\
Don't have any friends yet :)

Looking forward for you character creation stuff :)

Lemon Lime

Thanks for the PM. I'd love to come back to this story.

And Kristine... I'll be your friend! ;)
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Cosmo_ac

Stop....you had me at fallout. 

Consider me a willing participant.  Are we going to be wearing the loose vault suits, or the tight ones?  I vote for the skin-tight bodysuit ones ;)

Flash Gorden

Ooooh. Happy to have received the PM, Urbanzorro. I'm more than willing to totally play this again. Hopefully things go better this time.

elfguy

I'd love to play in another of your games, especially since I love the Fallout series, however this is a nonstarter for me.

I politely require players to play characters of their own gender simply because it fits with the retro-feel of the game ;D
----

lore

Urbanzorro

This and the next post are MONSTER POSTS, for which I apologize but they contain EVERYTHING you need to make a judgement if this game is for you and also to create your character.

First, some RESOURCES for you all:

Fallout 3 Wiki - loads of info about the game - history, characters, maps, weapons, creatures, places... you name it, this place has a page on it.

Character Images - not all the people who appear in the game but a lot of them. Useful for images for your character in this game.

More Character Images - ditto. Same website but for some reason some different characters appear in this listing.

General game images - for atmosphere and styling of the game universe.

Second, BACKGROUND:

It is 200 years after the bombs fell in 2077, so the RP is set at the same time as the computer game. You will be Vault Dwellers in Vault 110 a basic map/guide will be supplied soon after the game starts so no details about the outside world need be known just yet.

Vault 110 was sealed successfully and withstood the bombs and no radiation leaked in. After several years of waiting they emerged to find a world that was scorched, burnt, twisted, and all in all horrifying. With this on their minds they decided that they would have no part of the outside world and instead chose to simply live in the Vault.

As the Years passed they changed their society to better fit their needs. The position of Overseer was done away with in favor of an elected council, jobs were given on a basis of merit rather than cronyism and over all the Vault tried to stay as peaceful as possible. For many years it seemed to all that Vault 110 would simply continue to self sustain itself forever.... However eventually problems arose. The Vault's population grew a bit too much one year and this unexpected spurt of growth put far too much strain on the facility's older systems. As a result it was soon discovered that the Vault would not be able to support its numbers if the growth trends followed what they had been expected to.

In order to avoid a total collapse of their home and a forced life on the surface the elected council, by now a council of elders, knew they'd have to institute some sort of population control. But every conventional method suggested, such as restrictions on reproduction or even infanticide filled 'cullings' was met with resistance from both members of the council and the Vault's population as a whole.

Eventually a compromise decision was made, one that would allow the Vault to survive and it's residents to at least somewhat keep their consciences. Every year the Vault would hold a census, and if their numbers were still within manageable levels nothing would be done. But on the 1st year that their numbers were too high action would be taken. They would hold a "lottery" with each able bodied member of the Vault, within age restrictions, being given a ticket. The lottery would then be used to randomly select a number of the Vault's inhabitants who would then be 'asked' to leave the Vault and make a new life on the surface in order to allow the Vault to survive. While perhaps not the best system it was the one that the people viewed as the right answer, and the one that they adopted. And so each year that the population of the Vault is too high, whether it be by a single person or more than a dozen, members of the Vault can expect to be sent away from their homes. This is one such year.

The game will open with the Vault doors closing behind our player characters.

Everyone in the Vault has access to this guide, produced by Vault-Tec, the corporation that designed and built the vaults.

The Vault community is led by an Elder Council but They will not be allowed as a characters. They will remain as NPCs as will the head of security, the Sheriff. The Sheriff also holds the keys to the armory in case anyone was wondering. BTW there were around 800 people in the Vault when it was sealed, so its a pretty big bustling place. There's around 833 this year with several members expected to 'expire' soon so the lottery will not be very huge and there will only be 8-10(depending on the number of players we get) people asked to leave.

Everyone born here has never seen daylight so there should be a facility where people can get a healthy weekly dosage of UV rays so that they are not all pasty white and suffer from SAD. Vitamin D (among other medicinal drugs as needed) is also a regular intake for all Vault dwellers.

I want to stress too that there is a real chance of character death in the game. If that happens you will be welcome to create a new one.

A note on living quarters/conditions:

A married couple get an apartment of a bedroom and a living space. Once they have a child that reaches age 10, they are allocated an apartment with a second bedroom. If they have 2 children, the kids must share. Three or more kids allows a third bedroom. Once children reach 18 they move to the unmarried dorm and the parents downsize to a smaller apartment. If a partner dies the widow also moves to the dorms. This is harsh but it ensures the most efficient use of the few large apartments available.

The only exceptions to this are the heads of departments. The  Elder Council members have their own living quarters next to their offices. The senior doctor has an apartment adjacent to the sick bay and the Chiefs of the different engineering facilities likewise live near their work. All of these personnel have slightly better quality living quarters than ordinary families. The security team have their own dorm/barracks with a male and female room but two deputies are bedded in each general male and female dorm at all times to keep an eye on things and to act as a 24/7 presence in case of problems. The personnel allocated here are rotated every three months or so and will have a secure locker for their baton and side arm (if allocated).

CHARACTER CREATION:

Here is the character sheet with the stats system and 'shopping list' of stuff you can buy to equip your character at the start of the game. Please don't be put off! There is a lot here because its comprehensive, but once you break it down and deal with it section by section it is all quite straightforward and much of it, like the weapons listings is repetitive.

The only equipment you can buy with your 20 points are those items with a cost written beside them. However this is a role-playing game so if you can think of something not on the lists that you think a Vault-dweller might reasonably have, please send your ideas to the GM. If I approve it I will give you a cost and effect within the game rules.

There are a couple of items that cost different for different genders or age groups - the retro sci-fi world of Fallout  is not a place of such equality as our own world.

The post below this is the Perks & Traits system based on the Fallout games, so please be aware that the Perks you can select at game start will affect your character stats... or in other words you can design your stats to take on board the benefits of the three starting Perks & Traits you choose.

If you have any questions, fire away here.
********************************************************************************

Character Sheet

Basics

Name:
Appearance: (an image is required I won't place requirements that it be a real picture, or drawing, ect. I only ask that you please be willing to fit your character's appearance with the 1950/Retro Style of the setting)
Any details of appearance you wish to add:
Details of character and backstory:
Job: (please choose one from the list below)
Stats:
Possessions:

Jobs

Vault Security Team personnel (Deputy)
Medical Team (Doctor, Nurse)
Science Team
Maintenance (all engineering jobs and broken down by department: Reactor Plant, Water Recycling and Purifying, Electrical, Plumbing, Air Filtration, Facilities)
Cook
Janitor
Stores
Archivist
Community (jobs dealing with Vault personnel and their lifestyles rather than jobs that keep the Vault running such as hair styling, seamstress, retail, masseuse, beautician, child care, journalist, cafeteria waitress, etc)

For locations of homes; doctors and senior personnel in some departments such as science and maintenance, even if unmarried, will have small apartments on Level 2. All other unmarried personnel in the dorms on Level 1. If you plan to be married and your partner is an NPC that is acceptable. If your partner is another PC, please check with the GM first.

The System

Stats

Assigned Stats

Each player is given 45 points to assign to the following stats as they see fit, with the exception of the Ranged Attack stat which is determined solely by the equipment a character carries. There is no maximum for any stat, but the minimum for a single stat is 3, anything lower will unbalance the system against your character.

Health: How much damage your character can take before loosing their mortal coil.
Ranged Attack: (Derived from weapons)
Strength: The amount of damage your character can do in melee combat.
Accuracy: Your character's ability to hit what they are aiming at.
Agility: Your character's ability to avoid incoming attacks.
Intelligence: Your character's intellectual abilities.
Defense: Your character's ability to resist incoming damage.
Perception: Your character's ability to detect others and things out of place in their surroundings.
Stealth: Your character's ability to avoid detection.
Luck: The likelihood of good or bad things just happening around your character.

When you submit your character sheet please list the Basic stats and then beside those any mods given by weapons, armour or Perks. This makes calculating the correctness of the character sheets much easier! Thank you!

Decision Influenced Stats

Info:
Karma: A measurement of your good or bad deeds and how you are perceived by the inhabitants of the Wasteland. You gain titles displaying your achievements and each decision you make takes you further down the path of positive, negative, or neutral Karma. Each Karma title brings with it certain advantages and disadvantages. The titles are as follows:

Devil: (only available after chapter 10) Only the truly evil will ever find themselves possessing the title "devil." For these men and women doing good in the wastes is honestly harder than doing evil. This is a Very Evil trait.
Effects: Most 'evil' factions will not attack you, 'evil' characters will be friendly to you, 'good' factions will turn hostile very easily towards you, +5 to Influence (explained below), +3 Damage vs 'Good' characters, access to the "Devil's Spawn" perk.

Ne'er do Well: Try as you may, try as you might, you just never seem to do right... It's not that you want to be evil you were just born that way. This is an Evil trait.
Effects: Evil characters will be friendly to you, +1 Damage vs 'Good' characters.

Adventurer: Balance in all things, that is the path to true greatness. This is a Neutral trait.
Effects: Neither good nor bad characters will be overly hostile or friendly to you, +5 Barter Skill.

Saint: Do unto others what you would have them do unto you, that is how you live your life and it serves you well! This is a Good trait.
Effects: Good characters will be more friendly to you, +1 Defense vs 'evil' characters

Messiah: (only available after chapter 10) Behold, won of the few who represents all that is good in mankind! This is a Very Good trait.
Effects: 'Good' factions will not attack you, 'Good' characters will be friendly to you, 'Evil' factions will turn hostile very easily towards you, +3 defense vs 'Evil' characters, access to the "Wasteland Saint" perk.

Derived Stats

Each of these stats covers a specific aspect of some of the activities your character may find themselves doing in the game. You cannot directly alter them except via Perks (explained later). They are being revealed simply to keep you informed.

Repair Skill: This skill determines your success or failure when trying to repair things found in the wasteland. It also determines how long it takes you to conduct repairs. It is influenced by your Perception and Intelligence.

Lockpicking Skill: This skill determines your success or failure when trying to break into a locked door or compartment in the wasteland. It is influenced by your Perception and Stealth.

Barter Skill: This skill determines how good you are at getting NPC's to trade with you. It is influenced by your Intelligence and Luck.

Influence Skill: This skill determines how good you are at convincing NPC's to give you what you want through negotiation, fear or intimidation. It is influenced by your Strength and Karma.

Equipment

Each player is allocated 20 points to spend on equipment as they see fit. With the limits that a character has 12 equipment slots and the maximum number of weapons that can be carried is 3 and the maximum number of pieces of armor is 2 (helmet and body). Other items include clothing, ammunition, explosives, chems, sustenance and sundry items. Where no cost is given, the item may not be purchased at the game start but it is listed here for clarity.

Weapons

This category consists of the different items available to for use in attacking others with both ranged and melee attacks. Note that where ranges are mentioned these are determined by the GMs.

Un-powered Melee Weapons

Improvised Weapon: Includes all general improvised concussive blunt weapons such as Crow Bar, Tire Iron, Wrench, Table Leg, Hammer, Lead Pipe, Length of Scaffold Pole, Pool Cue, Rolling Pin, etc.
Effect: Damage = Strength +1
Cost: 1

Baseball Bat: Typical Vault sports equipment, of rock-hard polished hickory, can be swung faster and hit harder than the above with a longer reach, also superior because unlike an improvised weapon it has a proper grip and is weighted to deliver a blow. These are not found out in the wasteland or only very rarely due to most having rotted away with age.
Effect: Damage = Strength +3
Cost: 2 to characters under age 21, 3 to others.

Sledge Hammer: Very heavy and with long reach but slow to swing.
Effect: Damage = Strength +5. Causes -1 Agility to wielder.
Cost 2 to engineer characters, 4 for others.

Knife: Includes various types such as Switch Blade, Combat Knife, Meat Cleaver, Bread Knife, etc - fast and can do lots of damage in skilled hands but needs agility to use well, otherwise mostly useless.
Effect: Damage = Agility +3
Cost: 2

Security Baton: Standard Vault security issue - very fast in use but of low striking power. Mostly useful against un-armoured opponents like radroaches, mole-rats and annoying Vault teenagers.
Effect: Damage = Strength +2. Causes +1 Agility to wielder
Cost: 3 to security personnel

Brass Knuckles: Simple and quick, also can be worn/used without it taking up the use of that hand such as melee weapons do. Low damage.
Effect: Damage = Strength +1
Cost: 1 to male characters, 2 to female characters

Small Guns - Handguns

10mm Pistol: Standard Vault security issue, low hitting power but fair range. A silencer is available for this weapon.
Effect: +4 Ranged Attack
Ammo: 10mm Clip

Sawn-off double barrelled shotgun: Standard Vault security issue for serious times. Rare but immense punch at very short range such as across a room. Of little use beyond about twenty feet. This gun is very simple to use and can be wielded by those unused to firearms. It's spread of pellets does not require an accurate aim, thus it gives an Accuracy bonus.
Effect: +6 Ranged Attack at very close range, +1 Ranged Attack at longer range. +2 Accuracy.
Ammo: Shotgun shells box

Note: The firearms are not available to purchase with your 20 points, even if you are Security Personnel but they may become available to characters in-game. For obvious reasons in the case of a breach of the main door by unknown persons the Security Team will be the first to be issued them and the Sheriff's orders are that all off-duty Security Personnel should muster at the armoury if the main door is breached, whether with hostile intentions or not.

Clothing and Armor

Both armor for protecting your character, and clothing to make them more appealing to those around them are available for selection here.

Clothing

Vault 111 Jumpsuit: A Vault jumpsuit is a set of standard clothing worn by all inhabitants of Vault-Tec Vaults. The number of the Vault is on the back of the suit. Vault suits can be skin tight, or less form fitting at the wearer's choice. Made of a relatively tough material they are good for providing protection from the elements but not quite as effective against weapons.
Effect: none but protection from dirt and maintaining your modesty!
Cost: 0 for the first suit, 1 for each subsequent suit.

Vault 111 Lab Uniform: Clothing issued to each Vault's scientific personnel. They are more a symbol of status than anything else.
Effect: +1 Intelligence
Cost: 1 for doctors and science lab staff, 3 for others.

Vault 111 Utility Jumpsuit: A modified version of the standard Jumpsuit designed for manual labor and routine repair the gauntlets are removed and it has no sash on the left shoulder and breast. The outfit features high-top, converse-like, red shoes which is a contrast to its generally grubby appearance
Effect: +1 Agility, +1 Defense
Cost: 1 for technicians and engineers, 3 for others.

Pre War Baseball Cap: A red baseball cap, the kind worn on those hot summer days before the Great War.
Effect: +1 Perception
Cost: 2

Bomber Jacket/Biker Jacket: A short leather coat, lined and warm, also cool... if you get my meaning. With so few opportunities to express individuality in the Vault, some people, mostly youths have taken up to manufacturing or repairing various jackets to leave their mark in the community.
Effect: +1 Luck, +1 Defense
Cost: 3

Pip-Boy
Every character has one of the following items. A Pip-Boy does not take up any item slot or a free hand to use.

Pip-Boy 3000: The RobCo Pip-Boy 3000 is one of the models of the Personal Information Processor electronic device series manufactured by RobCo Industries. The Pip-Boy holds a surprisingly large amount of information and can transfer data to and from holodisks and from data tubes with a suitable hard connection. It displays information in bright green on its black 4" x 2" screen. With a suitable cable connection and camera attachment it can record sound or video footage for later playback. Its primary uses are monitoring the user's health (pulse, temperature, heart rate, blood sugars and blood pressure) and mapping the surrounding terrain via Lan-Tec's "Geo-Zap" powerful radar and sonar pulsed data gathering technology (with the option to call up large map blocks of several hundred miles). There is a built-in Geiger counter and its screen can double as a reading lamp. Other features include a buddy chat program, timer and alarm function as well as a personal log system, reading material storage, even simple games and a radio!
Effect: Character can always communicate with other characters who have a Pip-Boy, character will always know their location, character will be notified when they are in a high radiation area, +2 Perception and -2 stealth when lamp illuminated in a dark area, character has access to the knowledge on the Pip-Boy network thread of the RP.
Cost: 0

Armour

Vault 111 Security Helmet: A riot helmet with a hinged Plexiglas visor commonly worn by Vault security officers.
Effect: +1 Defense
Cost: 2 for security officers.

Vault 111 Security Armor: A suit of armor worn by Vault security officers. It consists of a padded stab-proof vest to provide it's wearer with basic protection.
Effect: +3 Defense
Cost: 3 for security officers.

Extras

The Extras category consists of explosives, ammo, chems, sundries and other useful items that do not fall into the above categories. When used the effects of chems are immediate and last for a fixed time period adjudged by the GMs but will usually be sufficient for one combat or at most about 20 to 30 minutes in-game. Ammo is used to supply a character's weapons (when it is needed), for the sake of simplicity all forms of ammo will be broken down into 'clips', 'boxes', 'charge packs', 'canisters' or similar which imply a small quantity. Except for some special weapons like the Fat Man, missile launcher and hand grenades these contain enough ammo to supply a character's weapon for a modest amount of combat or practice. All 'Extras' items are stack-able up to four per slot but the Karry-All has a capacity of 'pockets'. For example a character has a rifle, a pistol and baseball bat as their three weapons. For armour they have a Vault security armour suit. They are not wearing a helmet but choose a baseball cap as headgear giving a +1 perception bonus. This leaves 7 equipment slots free and they fill #1 with 3 10mm clips for their pistol, #2 with 2 .32 boxes for their rifle, #3 and #4 with two frag grenades each, #5 with 4 stimpacks, #6 with a Karry-All containing 4 bottles of water and 4 days food and #7 with a Fat-Man warhead (being carried for someone else).

Note how the slots are 'stackable': here slots #1, #2 and #5 show how multiple items of the same type are stacked; likewise the Karry-All is a 'stackable' container but using a different stacking logic. It has 8 'pockets' each capable of holding one item; food, drink, tool kits, sundries, clothing or ammo inside it. This makes it useful for carrying a bunch of items you have only 1 of, since otherwise these would occupy a 'stackable' full slot. Slots #3, #4 are filled by two more bulky items each. Slot #7 is filled with a non-stacking bulky single item. By sharing loads a party of travellers can carry more equipment.

In case people are confused about the 2 armour slots, this excludes clothing so a player can buy (for example) a Security Armour Suit, a Security Helmet and a baseball cap, but one piece of headgear is stowed in an equipment slot. The same applies if, for example you purchase a Utility Jumpsuit, a leather jacket and a baseball cap - three items but either the Util Suit or the leather jacket is stowed in an equipment slot. This generally applies only to clothing items, not armour.

We have used this system as it saves having to calculate the weights of everything, allows characters to transport a realistic and easily measured amount of gear but still forces some limitations and decisions on the player. It takes a small amount of record-keeping but we feel it is a good compromise towards realism while maintaining some simplicity.

When submitting your character sheet please list your weapons, armour and equipment against the 12 slots available like this:

Equipment Carried

Where:

WP-EQ = A weapon or equipment slot
AR-EQ = An armour or equipment slot
EQ = An equipment slot

WP-EQ1
WP-EQ2
WP-EQ3
AR-EQ4
AR-EQ5
EQ6
EQ7
EQ8
EQ9
EQ10
EQ11
EQ12

Karry-All if chosen:

Pockets:

KA1
KA2
KA3
KA4
KA5
KA6
KA7
KA8

Explosives

Frag Grenade: Pull pin, count to five, throw. Hope that storage for 200 years in an ammo locker hasn't made it a dud.
Effect: +6 Ranged Attack damage against all enemies within close range of the target.
Stacking: 2 per slot.

Molotov Cocktail: A mix of petrol and melted rubber in a glass bottle with a rag wick. Light and throw. More amusing that dunking Sugar Bombs in Nuka-Cola.
Effect: +5 Ranged Attack damage against all enemies within close range of the target, -1 Agility to all enemies within close range of the target.
Stacking: 1 per slot.
Cost: 1 (per Molotov) for security and engineering personnel, 2 (per Molotov) other characters.

Pulse Grenade: As with the pulse rifle a device to combat robots and turrets and other such electrical targets. Hand thrown. Can sometimes be a dud due to poor storage conditions. Very useful however for fighting robots in buildings, roll one around a doorway and PAHZAP!
Effect: +6 Ranged Attack against all robotic enemies within close range of the target.

Ammo

Ammo Clip or Box: A standard term for a small quantity of small gun ammo.
Effect: Each Clip or Box allows the use of an applicable calibre weapon for a moderate period of use.
Stacking: 4 per slot.

Charge Pack, Fusion Cell Pack or Pulse Cell Pack: Slang terms for the different energy modules used to power energy weapons and powered melee weapons.
Effect: Each Charge Pack allows the use of an applicable energy weapon for a moderate period of use.

Heavy Weapon Ammo: Most Big Gun ammo is too big for containers such as clips, boxes or charge packs to be practical. In these cases the ammunition is usually specified individually.
Effect: Each ammunition supply contains a specific number of projectiles.

Chems

Stimpack: A Stimpak, or Stimulation Delivery Package, is a type of hand-held medication used for healing the body. This item consists of a non-intravenous nozzle for containing and delivering the medication and a gauge for measuring the status of the stimpak's contents. When the medicine is applied, it provides immediate healing of the body's minor wounds.
Effect: Health instantly regained by 3 points
Cost: 2 (per Stimpack), but 1 for Doctors

Rad-Away: An intravenous chemical solution that bonds with radiation particles and passes them through your system. It cannot be used to keep away radiation when entering radioactive areas like Rad-X, but instead is used after receiving radiation to rid yourself of some of it.
Effect: Character's Radiation level instantly brought down by one level
Cost: 2 (per Rad-Away), but 1 for Engineers/Technicians/Doctors

Rad-X: An intravenous chemical solution that bonds with radiation particles and expels them from your system instantly. It's use was as a pre war industrial drug issued to workers in high-radiation zones inside power and manufacturing plants and waste disposal sites. It was also used by the military.
Effect: Character is resistant to radiation for a period of time
Cost: 3 (per Rad-X), but 2 for Engineers/Technicians

Psycho: A form of injected drug composed of strange, unknown chemicals of military origin, that comes with its own unique delivery system. It was designed at the orders of General Constantine Chase and is supposed to increase the combat potential of a soldier, whilst dampening higher mental functions, making for fearless determined troops.
Effect: +3 Strength for a period of time, -2 Intelligence for a period of time.
Cost: 3 (per Psycho)

Med-X: A highly potent painkiller when injected, it makes the user impervious to pain to a degree.
Effect: +2 Defense for a period of time.
Cost 2 (per Mex-X), but 1 for Doctors

Mentats: This pre-war chem was created by Med-Tek. They were designed to increase memory related functions and speed up other mental processes. These red pills were a popular party drug, widely appreciated for their effect on creativity.
Effect: +2 Intelligence, +2 Perception for a period of time,
Cost 2 (per Mentat), but 1 for Science Lab staff

Jet: Jet is a powerful methamphetamine that stimulates the central nervous system. The user is filled with a rush of energy.
Effect: +2 Agility for a period of time
Cost 3 (per Jet)

Sundries

Medical bag: The tools of the trade for a doctor. Contains generic drugs, bandages, thermometers, diagnostic equipment, sterilizing balm and other items and can be used by a doctor character to heal light wounds and reduce fevers. Note the Medical Bag does not contain any of the specifically named chems but is a general tool for healing.
Effect: Health regained by 5-10 points but requires several hours rest. Can also diagnose infections, diseases and addictions. Can heal crippled limbs but requires several hours rest.
Cost: 2 points (doctor characters only)
Stacking: 1 per slot, cannot fit into a Karry-All. (Duh. Whut? We named it a Karry-All guys! It's not!)

Engineers Tool Belt: Electrical, Plumbing, Air Filtration and Reactor Plant engineers tend to carry the tools of their trade around on hip-belts with various pouches and loops. Useful for various repairs. During Vault 111s engineer's long war against machinery breakdowns and the constant need for maintenance in small spaces the original steel toolboxes so common at first were abandoned for the more useful canvas or leather tool belts which allowed engineers and workmen to ascend and descend ladders and crawl into ducting and other tight corners and still take all their tools with them.
Effect: To be announced.
Cost: 2 points (engineers only)

Scientists Analysis and Testing Kit: Depending on the branch of science can be used for a variety of diagnostic, repair and testing procedures.
Effect: To be announced.
Cost: 2 points (science lab staff only)

Sewing Pouch: Useful for a seamstress to mend clothes and even sew armour panels onto jumpsuits if the need arises.
Effect: Allows clothing and light armour repairs.
Cost: 1 point to female characters, 4 points to male characters.

Karry-All: A standard Vault-issue knapsack that hangs from one shoulder strap. Is commonly used by Vault-dwellers for their shopping or for kids to take books to class. The bag is of durable Plas-Weave and comes in neutron-black, vault-blue, Uncle Sam-brown, or mountain-grey with the Vault number stencilled on.
Effect: Occupies one equipment slot but has within it 8 slots of mixed types.
Cost: 3 points
Stacking: 1 per slot (one only may be carried).

Water Bottle: A glass bottle useful for water, Nuka-Cola or more serious beverages.
Effect: Liquids are vital and must be taken daily in large quantities. Note that Vault water is pure and non-irradiated.
Cost (full of water): 1 point. Note, supplies of Nuka-Cola ran out in Vault 111 many, many decades ago.

Food: General Vault food of a pre-processed nature created in the Vault's hydroponics deck.
Effect: Food is essential in some form twice a day for good health and fitness.
Cost (2 meals): 1 point

Moonshine: Um, yeah. Some people get a bit bored of water and coffee and tea and they get inventive. And this is the result. Processed from sugars, yeasts, food tablets and anything else that looks like it has potential, the result is a crude vodka-like drink. It helps some people forget how shitty life is.
Effect: +2 strength, -1 intelligence, -1 agility (for a limited time).
Cost (bottle): 2 points

Condition of Weapons and Clothing, and a note on Ammo and eating/drinking

Condition:

Both weapons and armor degrade a small bit each time they are used. If left without repair every weapon and piece of clothing in the wastes would eventually break and cease to function. For the purpose of this game there will be two simple conditions: "Functional" and "Broken." We considered varying levels of damage and functionality but decided these would be too much work to book-keep (easy in a computer game, hard in a GM-run RPG)

Equipment in Functional condition represents a good level of repair, the best one can hope to achieve in the wastes. They will work as they are intended to and suffer no malfunctions.

Broken items are weapons and armor that are so damaged they are now useless. A broken gun will no longer fire, a broken melee weapon will be too fragile for use, broken armor will be little more than weight on a character's back.

Repairs

Repairing things takes time, skill, tools, parts, and considerable effort. In order to represent this the only way to make repairs on armour or a weapon is to first locate a similar item (a chart of which weapons repair which ones will be supplied and updated after the start of the game) and strip it down for parts. This can be done in the field or in the comfort of a safe place. These parts count as an Extra item not a weapon or piece of armour. The next step is to take the armour/weapon parts, and the armour suit/weapon to be repaired to a work bench and make the repairs. A character's repair skill will determine just how useful the repairs made on their weapon and/or equipment are.

At the early stages of the game a character may simply not have the skills to fix things, or the co-operative skills of more than one character may be needed. Or more than one item may need to be cannibalized to produce enough spare parts.

Ammo

Nearly every weapon in the wastes requires ammunition. This ammunition is measured in clips, boxes, packs, etc. Both the counting and appearance of ammunition will be handled by the GMs. Players do not need to keep a bullet count. Note that energy weapons and powered melee weapons use energy cells of various kinds. These serve the same function as other ammunition clips or packs.

Sustenance

We do not intend to bog everyone down with the boring and annoying minutae of having to regularly eat and drink and keep detailed track of this. However the wasteland is a hot, dry and hostile place so we would like the players to please ensure their characters are aware of the dangers of such an environment and respond to it by making a small effort to eat and drink IC from time to time. The GMs won't throw a fit over this if you go thirsty or hungry but if after two days a character hasn't made an effort to do both then the party may find carrying an unconscious and dehydrated person to be rather troublesome! Much like ammunition I'll keep track of this and notify you when/if it starts to become an issue for your character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

TRAITS
Traits represent the natural advantages(and disadvantages) the people are born with. During character creation each player is allowed to select between 0 and 2 traits for their character to have.  As a general rule traits modify a character's stats more drastically then the perks available during the first few Chapters, but they also come with an ingrained cost. Once the game has started players will no longer be able to change their character's traits (or lack thereof).

Built to Destroy
The Flamer that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Effect: You do +3 Damage with all weapons but your weapons degrade much faster

Bruiser
A little slower, but a little bigger. You may not hit as often, but they will feel it when you do!
Effect: +2 to your character's Strenght at the cost of -1 to their Agility

Fast Shot
You don't have time to aim for a targeted attack, because you attack faster than normal people.
Effect: +2 to your character's Agility at the cost of -1 to their Accuracy

Four Eyes
Four Eyes Four Eyes...You need glasses to see well!
Effect: +3 to your character's Perception when they are wearing glasses, -2 when they are not.

Gifted
You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills.
Effect: All your Stats receive +1 to their values at game start, But you do not receive the first round of perks(does not effect your 2 starting perks in any way).

Skilled:
You might not have been born with the same natural skills as others. But the tradeoff is that you spent more time improving your skills than a normal person would.
Effect: All your stats receive -1 to their values at game start, But you receive two perks on the first round rather than 1

Jinxed
The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Effect: All your enemies are twice as likely to suffer 'bad luck' events, you are twice as likely to suffer 'bad luck' events.

Kamikaze
By not paying attention to any threats, you can do alot more damage.
Effect: +1 Agility, +1 Attack, +1 Ranged Attack, -3 Health

One Hander
One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons, but two-handed weapons cause a problem.
Effect: +2 Damage when using any one handed weapon, -1 Damage when using any two handed weapon

One In a Million
You're not particularly lucky or unfortunate, but when lightning strikes, it strikes hard!
Effect: You are half as likely to have any effects from Luck, when Luck has effects on your character they are always the most powerful effects possible.

Trigger Discipline
A little patience goes a loooong way!
Effect: +2 Accuracy, -1 Agility

Perks
Perks represent skills and talents picked up by spending time surviving in the wastes. During character creation, each character is allowed to select 2 perks from the Chapter 1 list to round out their character's stats/abilities. After this characters will be allowed to select another perk at the beginning of each new chapter.  For example during Chapter 2 players may select from both the Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 list, and so on and so forth.

Chapter 1 Perks

Explorer
I see London! I see France! I see....
Effect: +1 Perception
Requirements:

Dodger
Your enemy cannot defeat you if he cannot touch you.
Effect: +1 Agility
Requirements:
Cost:

Living Anatomy
You have a better understanding of living creatures and their strengths and weaknesses.
Effect: -1 Defense towards organic all enemies
Requirements:
Cost:

Black Widow
"Sometimes being a bitch is the only thing a woman has left to hold onto"
Effect: -2 Defense to all male human enemies
Requirements:

Lady Killer
"Well if she'd lived I'd have had to have married her"
Effect: -2 Defense to all female human enemies
Requirements:

Gun Nut
"God made man, but Smith and Wesson made them equal"
Effect: Character can carry an additional firearm(this firearm does not take up an item slot and is to be considered a complete bonus)
Requirements:

Thief
The blood of a thief runs through your veins.
Effect: +1 Stealth
Requirements:

Intense Training
With the Intense Training Perk, you can put three points into any one of your stats
Effect: +3 to player selected Stat
Requirements:

Swift Learner
You are indeed a Swift Learner with this Perk
Effect: +1 Intelligence
Requirements:

Little Leaguer
Years as the Vault little league MVP have honed your hitting and throwing.
Effect: +1 Strength
Requirements:

Mr. Fixit
The doctor who operates on himself has a fool for a patient. But the mechanic who fixes his own car saves $317
Effect: In addition to weapons and armor, on occasion, your character can fix broken machines, vehicles, and robots (spare parts will not be needed for these special repairs)
Requirements:

Strong Back
"Don't worry...it's not too heavy"
Effect: You can carry an additional  'Extra' item
Requirements: Strength of 6 or greater

Life Giver
Tis better to give then receive...so give to yourself!
Effect:+5 Health
Requirements: Living Anatomy

Chapter 2 Perks

Bend the Rules
Rules are meant to be bent and broken you know!
Effect: Next time you get offered perks you may choose from all the perks who's requirments you meet, regardless of the chapter they are in.
Requirement:

Adrenaline Rush
When things get hairy its best to be razor sharp
Effect:You gain +2 to your Strength stat whenever your Health is below 1/3rd of it's max

Ranger
You are better able to avoid unwanted attention while traveling through the wasteland
Effect: +2 Stealth
Requirements:
Cost:

Educated
Knowledge is power
Effect: +2 Intelligence
Requirements:
Cost:

Toughness
Take your best shot!
Effect: +2 Defense
Requirements:
Cost:

Sharpshooter
The talent of hitting things at longer distances.
Effect: +2 Accuracy
Requirements:
Cost:

Action Boy
"No one is as active at action as Action Boy!"
Effect: +2 Agility
Cost
Requirements

Animal Friend
Nature is our friend, not our enemy.
Effect: The player has the ability to tame the next Vicious dog, Yao Guai, mole rat, or mad brahmin they encounter.
Requirements:
Cost:

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
You don't let exhaustion bring you down, because it's all in your head. In fact, short of large holes in your chest, not much can bring you down.
Effect: You are no longer affected by the need to sleep.
Requirements:

Healer
The healing of bodies comes easier to you
Effect: All members of your character's party are healed by +5 Health at the start of every chapter
Requirements:
Cost:

Mental Block
Mental Block is the ability to tune out any outside mental interference. You must have learned this talent from a passing guru, or from a really late night at a bar.
Effect: Enemy psychic abilities have no effect on your character.
Requirements:

Demolition Expert
For characters that like to blow things up, there is nothing better than this Perk.
Effect: Your explosive weapons deal double damage
Requirements:

Karma Beacon
Your Karma ran over someone's Dogma.
Effect: NPC reactions to your Karma are MUCH stronger.
Requirements:

Chapter 3 Perks

Cancerous Growth
You have mutated so badly that your body can even regenerate broken limbs
Effect: Any broken or damaged limbs have no effect on your character
Requirements:

Miss Fortune:
Just when your enemies think they have the upper hand, Miss Fortune appears to turn their world upside down, she has the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Effect: With this perk, Miss Fortune will appear occasionally to lend a hand in combat, with deadly efficiency.
Requirements: Only one character may take this perk.

Mysterious Stranger
You've gained your own personal guardian angel....
Effect: With this perk, the Mysterious Stranger will appear occasionally to lend a hand in combat, with deadly efficiency.
Requirements: Only one character may take this perk.
Cost:

Bone Head
Being thick headed isn't always a bad thing!
Effect:With this Perk any damage done to your character's head is reduced by half.
Requirement:

Smooth Talker
A Smooth Talker has learned to increase their options in dialogue, without understanding what they are talking about.
Effect: +5 Influence skill.
Requirements:

Rad Absorption
Feel the Glow! Radiation isn't always a bad thing!
Effect: +1 Strength, +2 Health when in a radiated area
Requirements:

Young At Heart
The Young at Heart perk greatly improves your interactions with children, some adults and a robot
Effect: +5 Barter with Good NPC characters
Requirements:

Comprehension
Yes, reading can be fun. But you pay much closer attention to details when you are reading.
Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence
Requirements:

Bloody Mess
"By some strange twist of fate, people around you die violently. You always see the worst way a person can die."
Effect: Characters and creatures you kill will often explode into a red, gut-ridden, eyeball-strewn paste. Fun! Oh, and you'll do +2 damage with all weapons."
Requirements:

Chapter 4 Perks

Ayyyyyy!
Sometimes all it takes is a little love...in the form of a tap!
Effect: If you fail to get something to work, you can punch or kick the object for a 1 in 2 chance of automatically getting it to work
Requirement: Mr. Fixit

Sniper
You have mastered the firearm as a source of pain.
Effect: +3  Accuracy  when using rifle style weapons.
Requirements: Sharpshooter

Gun Slinger
You are an amazing shot while using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon).
Effect:While using a pistol (or similar one handed weapon) your accuracy is increased by 3.
Requirements: Sharp Shooter

Shotgun Surgeon
Your precision with a scattergun is something to behold!
Effect: +3 to Accuracy when using shotguns
Requirements:

Bracing
You have learned how to better brace large weapons while fireing.
Effect: +2 Accuracy when using Big Guns
Requirement: Sharp Shooter

Scoundrel
Take the Scoundrel perk, and you can use your wily charms to influence people
Effect: +5 Barter skill
Requirements:
Cost:

Iron Fist
Wax on...Wax off...
Effect: +3 Strength
Requirements: Little League

Fortune Finder
You have the talent of finding useful items where others would find only trash
Effect: You are much more likely to find useful weapons, ammo, or items in any location.
Requirements:

Commando
While using a rifle (or similar two-handed weapon), your accuracy is significantly increased.
Effect:While using a two handed automatic weapon, your accuracy is increased by 3.
Requirements: Sharpshooter

Size Matters
You are obsessed with really big weapons.
Effect: Double Damage when using big guns
Requirements:

Finesse
You have a higher chance to score a critical hit on an opponent in combat,
Effect: +2 Luck
Requirements: Thief

Lawbringer
Once you have the Lawbringer perk, any evil character you kill will improve your karma
Effect: Karma slightly improved with every evil character killed.
Requirements:

Contract Killer
There are guns for hire, and there are killers for hire, you're a killer.
Effect: Any human character killed earns your character negative karma.
Requirements:

Chapter 5 Perks

Ghost
When the sun goes down, and when it goes up, you move like a ghost
Effect: +4 Stealth
Requirements: Finesse

Piercing Strike
Everybody was kung foo fighting!
Effect: Your unarmed melee attacks and attacks with power fist and brass knuckle style weapons ignore 5 Points worth of your enemy's Defense Stat
Requirements: Iron Fist

Divine Favor
Some higher power has taken a liking to you.
Effect: Gives you +2 to your highest Stat.
Requirements:

Camel Backed
Frequent water consumption can be a hard thing to achieve, so you make sure to hold onto as much as you can!
Effect: You can go twice as long without suffering any effects from dehydration
Requirement

Mutate!
"GGRRRRRAAHHHH!!!!!!"
Effect: +6 to a randomly selected stat, character now sports some form of physical mutation representing the increased stat.
Requirements: Cancerous Growth

Dermal Impact Armor
Become ONE with your armor!
Effect: +4 Defense
Requirements: Educated, Mr Fixit

Lead Belly
Your  body can handle things that would make most other people sick for days.
Effect: You cannot be poisoned.
Requirements: Rad Absorption

Robotics Expert
Your knowledge of all the machines found around the wasteland is second to few, and third to none!
Effect: +2 Intelligence, Double Damage vs robotic enemies,
Requirements:

Chemist
With the Chemist perk, any chems you take last twice as long
Effect: The Effects of any chems taken last two times longer
Requirements:

Concentrated Fire
You are very skilled a clipping your enemies' wings.
Effect: Enemies you attack are more likely to find themselves crippled or with a broken weapon
Requirements: Gunslinger

Chapter 6 Perks

Nerd Rage
With the Nerd Rage! perk, your brain power becomes real power!
Effect: Your Strength Stat is increased by a number equal to you Intelligence Stat
Requirements: Dermal Impact Armor, Robotics Expert

Paralyzing Palm
You are a master in the ways of hand to hand combat.
Effect: +3 Strength, +2 Agility, 1 in 6 chance of instant kill in melee combat
Requirements: Iron Fist

Bark Skin
You've been exposed to mutation and your skin is now as tough as tree bark.
Effect: +5 Defense
Requirements:
Cost: Mutate!, Animal Friend, Life Giver

Dream Crusher
People's drive to succeed seems to be sapped away when you are present.
Effect: -3 Attack to all enemies, -1 Accuracy to all enemies 
Requirements:
Cost:

Wired Reflexes
Advanced technology from the Commonwealth has increased your reaction speed.
Effect: +5 Agility
Requirements: Concentrated Fire

Chapter 7 Perks

Jurry Rigging
You possess the amazing ability to repair any item using a roughly similar item.How does it work? Nobody knows... except you.
Effect: The Parts you require to fix Items are drastically simplified. (See Chart)
Requirements: Mr. Fixit,

Drunken Master
Despite what it might say about you, you fight better when you're drunk.
Effect: Whenever your character is under the effects of alcohol you gain +1 to your Strength, +1 to your Defence, and +1 to your Ranged Attack Stats.
Requirements: Paralyzing Palm

Die Hard
You don't give up easily.
Effect: The first time your Health is brought to 0 you have a 3 in 4 chance of having it instantly restored to your character's max, only usable once.
Requirements:

Adamantium Skeleton
With the Adamantium Skeleton perk, your limbs are nearly unbreakable.
Effect: Your bones can not be broken no matter how much damage they take.
Requirements: Nerd Rage

Escalator to Heaven
Your reputation as a do gooder is firmly cemented through out the wasteland.
Effect: Instantly shifts your character's karma to "very good"

Devil’s Highway
Some people are content to be on the road to hell, but those who want to get there fast take the highway!
Effect: Instantly shifts your karma to "very bad"

Rad Tolerance
With this perk, you suffer no ill effects Radiation
Effect: Radiation based damage has no effect on your character.
Requirements: Lead Belly

Ghoul Ecology
Your knowledge of ghoul anatomy is complete, you know both their strengths and weaknesses
Effect: -4 Defense to enemy ghouls

Pitt Fighter
Your many vicious fights have left you stronger
Effect: +3 Strength, +3 Defense, +5 Health
Requirements:

Chapter 8 Perks

Cyborg
You’ve made permanent enhancements to your body!
Effect: +4 Defense, +4 Strength, +7 Health, Character has access to the Robotic Eye
Requirements: Adamantium Skeleton

Solar Powered
You gain an additional Strength when in direct sunlight.
Effect: +5 Strength when outside, Character has access to Solar Armor
Requirements: Bark Skin

Grim Reaper’s Spirit
Death itself seems to feed you.
Effect: Your character's health is restored by 2 points each time he/she kills a character.

Warmonger
Not only do you enjoy the use of weapons, you love them so much that build your own for any occasion!
Effect: Your character now knows how to build all the forms of homemade equipment
Requirements Mr. Fixit

Almost Perfect
No one is perfect. But you're pretty damn close
Effect: All stats below 9 points are increased to 9

Nuclear Anomaly
Your body contains massive amounts of explosive radioactive power(but just barely)
Effect:You erupt into a devastating nuclear explosion (similar of the explosion of a car) whenever your health is reduced to 4 or less, Character has access to the Atomic Fist.
Requirements: Rad Tolerance, Demolition Expert

Covert Ops
If there still were intelligence agencies one of them would already have given you a number and taken away your name.
Effect: +3 Stealth, +2 Perception, +3 Accuracy, Character can wield any two weapons simultaneously(except for two big guns), Character has access to the Secret Agent pistol.
Requirements: Wired Reflexes, Smooth Talker

Ninja
The Ninja perk grants you the power of the fabled shadow warriors.
Effect: +4 Stealth, +3 Agility, +3 Strength, Character has access to the Ninja Suit, and Ninja Blade items
Requirements: Paralyzing Palm, Ghost

Cowboy
You're The Quick, they're The Dead
Effect: +1 Damage when using lever-action firearms, hatchets, knives, and revolvers
Requirements:

Situational Perks
Certian situations must be encountered and handled properly for these perks to be obtained.

Power Armor Training
By hook or by crook you've managed to get someone to teach you how to use power armor!
Effect: Your character can now equip power armor
Requirements Receive power armor training from someone.

Devil's Spawn
You are Evil!
Effect 'Evil' npcs will assist you in combat vs 'good' npcs so long as their faction is not hostile towards you, ceases to apply if your karma raises to 'bad' or higher
Requirements: "Very Bad" karma

Wasteland Saint
There's good, there's bad, and there's ugly...You're good.
Effect: All 'Good' factions will no longer be hostile to you regardless of your actions, ceases to apply if your karma falls to 'good' or lower.
Requirements: 'Very Good" karma

Infiltrator:
You have spent time with and learned from a master thief.
Effect: Your character is always able to unlock a locked door.
Requirements: Specific encounter.

Hunted
You have run afoul of someone....or something in the wastes. And now it want's your head.
Effects: Something very scary is after you and won't stop until either you or he/she/it is dead.
Requirements: Wouldn't you like to know :P

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lore

Oho, so much delicious detail :)

Couple of quick questions:

Would I be able to make a character who is the daughter of a council member?
If I take the the four eyes perk, can my character start with a nice thick black rimmed pair of glasses?

Thanks!

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Cosmo_ac

FYI, should i be in a huge rush to make my char up, or is it safe to say that those who have requested are in at this point?

On a side note, Deviant Art has a very nice collection of Fallout artwork for characters.

Urbanzorro

No huge rush for characters but the sooner the better so I can approve them and it can be solid/for sure :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lore

Name: Nora Jean Ray
Appearance:

Any details of appearance you wish to add: Nora is tomboyish girl of unremarkable appearance, though the softness of her life in the vault shows. She has raven hair, usually worn in a sloppy bun atop her head, and dark brown intelligent eyes that appear near black unless properly lit. She's small framed, with a smaller chest and broader hips, and on the short side at 5'3''. Naturally pale and rosy cheeked, her skin has taken on a slightly warmer complexion from UV treatments, and gained a small smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose. Her vision is flawed, and she is rarely without a pair of thick black rimmed glasses.

Details of character and backstory: Nora knew something of a charmed childhood. Her mother was a council member of the vault in which she was born and raised, and this afforded her a few perks. Her living quarters were more spacious then others, and when she found herself perusing mild mischief (which was often) most tended to look the other way. She was a high energy ball of curiosity with a healthy intellectual appetite and a chipper attitude. When her aptitude testing placed her in engineering, she breathed a sigh of relief for having been spared life of stuffy white lab coats most believed she was destined to lead. As she progressed into her late teens, her hyperactivity mellowed, but she remained the same bright, good humored optimist. She was studying under the Reactor Team when an unexpected death in Water Filtration and Recycling department resulted in her transfer. She excelled at her job, and until the latest lottery round was announced, her greatest worry was dealing with her mother's constant pressure to find someone, anyone to settle down with and start a family. Her feeble hunt for a suitor ended with her name being drawn. Though she is heartbroken to have to abandon her family, friends and post, Nora grimly accepts the important task imposed on her by chance.

Job: Engineer: Water Recycling and Purifying, Former reactor plant

Stats:
Health: 5
Ranged Attack: -
Strength: 3
Accuracy: 7 (-1 fast shot) 6
Agility: 5 (+1 utility jumpsuit) (+2 Fast shot)8
Intelligence: 8
Defense: 4
Perception: 6 (9: four eyes w glasses)  (+1 prewar cap)10
Stealth: 3 (+3 intense training) 6
Luck: 4

Armor: (+1 utility jumpsuit) 1

Possessions:
WP- EQ1 Utility knife
WP- EQ2
WP- EQ3
AR- EQ4
AR- EQ5
EQ6 - Engineers Tool Belt
EQ7 - Black rimmed glasses
EQ8 - Vault 111 Utility Jumpsuit
EQ9 - Pre War Baseball Cap
EQ10
EQ11
EQ12 Karry-All

Karry-All Pockets:
KA1 Molotov Cocktail
KA2 Water Bottle
KA3 Food (2)
KA4 Stimpack
KA5 Molotov Cocktail
KA6 Molotov Cocktail
KA7 Molotov Cocktail
KA8 Molotov Cocktail

Pip-Boy 3000

Traits: Four Eyes, Fast shot

Perks: Intense training, Mr. Fixit.

lore

Heh more glasses related questions

Should her glasses have some sort of perception bonus? And should I subtract some value from her starting inventory to purchase them?

And I calculated the effect of Four eyes correctly, yes? by taking away 2 from her base stat then adding 3 PE (efectively giving her +1 PE) instead of just adding 3 to her base?

Cosmo_ac

Name: Jacob Burrows
Appearance: Jacob is an athletic man in the prime of his life in excellent condition.  He is handsom and well known for his sharp reflexs and speed.

Details of character and backstory:  Jacob was the son of two maintenance workers of the vault.  His father and mother had met through there respective jobs and fallen in love.  Eventually they married and brought Jacob into the world.  Understandably, growing up, Jacob’s parents taught Jacob about machines and how they ran, instilling their knowledge and love of machines to Jacob.  When Jacob took his G.O.A.T., he was surprised to find that he was assigned to vault security.  However, as his father was quiet a physical specimen (especially in some ways, according to Jacob’s mother), and Jacob shared this trait, it was understandable that he would be placed in a more physical job.
Job: Vault Security Team personnel (Deputy)
Stats:
Health: 5 (Intense Training) +3=8
Ranged Attack:
Strength: 4 (Bruiser)+2= 6
Accuracy: 7 (Fast Shot) -1=6
Agility: 7 (Bruiser) -1=6  (Fast Shot) +2=8
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 5
Perception: 5
Stealth: 3
Luck: 4
Perks:
Bruiser +2 to your character's Strength at the cost of -1 to their Agility
Fast Shot +2 to your character's Agility at the cost of -1 to their Accuracy
Mr. Fixit
Intense Training +3 to player selected Stat

Caps:
Possessions:
PipBoy 3000

WP-EQ1: Combat Knife
WP-EQ2
WP-EQ3
AR-EQ4: Vault Security Helmut
AR-EQ5: Vault Security Armor
EQ6: Vault 111 Jumpsuit
EQ7: Pre-War Baseball Cap (+1 Perception)
EQ8: Stimpack x 2
EQ9:
EQ10
EQ11
EQ12: Karry-All

Karry-All:

Pockets:
KA1: Water Bottle
KA2: Food
KA3: Molotov Cocktail
KA4: Molotov Cocktail
KA5
KA6
KA7
KA8

Urbanzorro

@lore: Your character's Bio/Image look great ;D But your stats need a little editing. Fast Shot is -1 to Accuracy not Perception, and Four Eyes modifies your base stat rather than adding into it. I.E. if she has a Perception of 7(with the cap) and she has glasses on she now has a perception of 10, BUT if she doesn't have it on then she has a perception of 5. I hope I explained that well? If not feel free to ask any questions. Also the Engineers Tool Belt, Black rimmed glasses, Vault 111 Utility Jumpsuit, and Pre War Baseball Cap count as Extra equipment rather than weapons so they'd go in the EQ section of your equipment list rather than the WP(weapons), or AR(Armor).

@Online Cosmo_ac: He looks good so far but I'd ask you to arrange his stat layout in the same manner as lore has hers (with notations for the adding and subtraction) it makes my job SO much easier :)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lore

Thanks Urbanzorro,

I am new to forum game systems, so there might be a bit of a learning curve, but I think most everything had been cleared up ^^

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Flash Gorden

Name: Sam Clarke
Appearance:

Sam wears a Vault 111 Utility Jumpsuit most of the time, rather than the shirt and pants in the picture. Also, glasses and a hat.

Details of character and backstory:
Born to Angela and Bruce Clarke, Sam had a relatively pleasant childhood. Considered a huge 'nerd' by many of his fellow young vault dwellers (except some of the girls who he seemed to hold a certain charm with), Sam enjoyed reading and learning immensely. His parents, Angela being a Nurse and Bruce working in the Reactor Plant, were more than willing to support these habits.

Upon reaching age ten, Sam and his parents moved to a new apartment, Sam received a room of his own. Here, he started to collect his own collection of books and diagrams and such of mechanical workings. He found that he absolutely adored the workings of machines, inner and out. Sam continued to do well in school, and upon reaching the age of sixteen, he took his G.O.A.T. Unsurprisingly to anyone, especially himself, Sam scored such that he was judged to be a member of the maintenance team.

Sam adjusted to this new carrier quite well, eventually moving over to his new dorm room and taking his favorite books and diagrams with him. He was fairly successful at his job and performed well. At least, until the results of the lottery came through. Sam regretfully wished his family and friends good luck before heading out.

Job: Maintenance (Electrical Engineer, fair hand at general mechanics)
Home Location: 1st Level, Male Dorms

Stats (45 points):
Health: 5 (5 basic)
Ranged Attack: (No ranged weapons yet)
Strength: 6/8 (5 basic, +1 Wrench or +3 Baseball Bat)
Accuracy: 6 (4 basic, +2 Trigger Discipline)
Agility: 4 (4 basic, +1 Utility Suit, -1 Trigger Discipline)
Intelligence: 11  (8 basic, +3 Intense Training)
Defense: 5 (4 basic, +1 Utility Suit)
Perception: 5/10 (6 basic, +1 Pre-War Baseball Cap, +3 with Glasses or -2 without)
Stealth: 3 (3 basic)
Luck: 6 (6 basic)

Possessions (20 points):
WP-EQ1: Improvised Weapon - Wrench (Damage = Strength +1, cost 1)
WP-EQ2: Baseball Bat (Damage = Strength +3, cost 2)
WP-EQ3: Vault 111 Utlity Jumpsuit (+1 to Agility, +1 to Defense, cost 1)
AR-EQ4: Pre War Baseball Cap (+1 to Perception, cost 2)
AR-EQ5: Engineer's Tool Belt ( No Effects listed yet, cost 2)
EQ6: Karry All ( Occupies one equipment slot but has within it 8 slots of mixed types, vault-blue, cost 3)
       KA1: Water Bottle (full of water, cost 1)
       KA2: Water Bottle (Full of water, cost 1)
       KA3: Food (2 meals, cost 1)
       KA4: Stimpack (Health instantly regained by 3 points, cost 2)
       KA5: Mentats (+2 Intelligence, +2 Perception for a period of time, cost 2)
       KA6: Mentats (+2 Intelligence, +2 Perception for a period of time, cost 2)
       KA7:
       KA8:
EQ7: Glasses
EQ8:
EQ9:
EQ10:
EQ11:
EQ12:

Other:
Pip-Boy 3000
Vault Dweller Survival Guide

Traits:
Trigger Discipline
   +2 Accuracy, -1 Agility

Four Eyes
   +3 to your character's Perception when they are wearing glasses, -2 when they are not.

Perks:

Chapter 1:
Mr. Fixit
   In addition to weapons and armor, on occasion, your character can fix broken machines, vehicles, and robots (spare parts will not be needed for these special repairs)

Intense Training
  +3 Intelligence

~~~

I think it's mostly okay. I probably missed a few things as I copied and pasted this over from the old game, largely, and I'll fix any errors that pop up.

Lemon Lime

Okay so remember when I was all excited and was going to come back and play a character? lol WELL, Real life did something awesome and I got a really awesome volunteer job that I didn't think I would get and I wont be able to dedicate the time and effort that this story deserves. That is the sad part. I do look forward to what I'm sure will be a great read. Have fun guys and sorry I have to back out.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Cosmo_ac

Quote@Online Cosmo_ac: He looks good so far but I'd ask you to arrange his stat layout in the same manner as lore has hers (with notations for the adding and subtraction) it makes my job SO much easier :)

Boooo!  Do you know how long it took me to edit all that info out!?

Heh, just kidding.  Kind'a. :p  At any rate, sure, i'll take some time and do all the math up.