Monster Girls (D&D 3.5) Grab your Monster Manuals and Savage Species!

Started by ulthakptah, November 09, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

xD Nah, I just have a lot of free time on my hands and access to a large variety of sources.  My knowledge mostly only covers D&D 3.5, anyway.

Incidentally, have you figured out what you'll be playing, Inerrant Lust?  I know you mentioned a goo girl earlier in the thread...

who149

Alright done
But what does the  Pectoral of Maneuverability do? I'm not really up for downloading an entire book too look for one item?

And you seriously do know a lot ^^ Its kinda scary actually~ People said I knew a crazy amount T~T and that was for memorizing ONE book. (I don't even OWN the Dungeon master's Guide)

Also: I got rid of Hover, and Improved Natural Armor.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Inerrant Lust

I may very well just lurk in this game for awhile until I decide... ::)

I mean, lord knows I've been slacking in some of my other RPs aplenty. <.< *hides*

ExisD

Lol, your system knowledge is kinda scary. Photographic memory? I have a friend with one who is able to quote books like crazy.

I'll also get something up tonight, but first I have a lab report to finish.

Kunoichi

Quote from: who149 on November 25, 2011, 07:29:27 PM
Alright done
But what does the  Pectoral of Maneuverability do? I'm not really up for downloading an entire book too look for one item?

And you seriously do know a lot ^^ Its kinda scary actually~ People said I knew a crazy amount T~T and that was for memorizing ONE book. (I don't even OWN the Dungeon master's Guide)

Also: I got rid of Hover, and Improved Natural Armor.

It's a metal disk with straps so that it can go on over your wings.  It can be worn as a vest, and it improves your flying maneuverability by one step.  That's about it.

Looking over your gear, might I recommend a +6 Charisma item? ^^; It could be a Circlet or a Cloak, your choice.  Given that you'll mostly be fighting at range, you might also want to replace that Necklace of Defense for something that will boost your saves, although that's just what I'd prefer.

Like I said, most of my knowledge comes from reading a lot.  Though, if you don't already own it, you may want to look into acquiring the Magic Item Compendium.  It's an awesome book that useful for everyone. ;D

Edit: Ah, by the way, how did you determine your stats, if you don't mind my asking?  Ulth's rules were to roll 1d10+8 for each stat, in case you didn't see it.

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on November 25, 2011, 07:33:50 PM

I mean, lord knows I've been slacking in some of my other RPs aplenty. <.< *hides*

xD Ah, I see.  Would you object if I made some suggestions, then?  Coming up with character concepts is something I find fun. ^^

who149

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 25, 2011, 07:55:03 PM
It's a metal disk with straps so that it can go on over your wings.  It can be worn as a vest, and it improves your flying maneuverability by one step.  That's about it.

Looking over your gear, might I recommend a +6 Charisma item? ^^; It could be a Circlet or a Cloak, your choice.  Given that you'll mostly be fighting at range, you might also want to replace that Necklace of Defense for something that will boost your saves, although that's just what I'd prefer.

Like I said, most of my knowledge comes from reading a lot.  Though, if you don't already own it, you may want to look into acquiring the Magic Item Compendium.  It's an awesome book that useful for everyone. ;D

Edit: Ah, by the way, how did you determine your stats, if you don't mind my asking?  Ulth's rules were to roll 1d10+8 for each stat, in case you didn't see it.

xD Ah, I see.  Would you object if I made some suggestions, then?  Coming up with character concepts is something I find fun. ^^
I did not see that! Alright, I'll do it. And I think i'm good with magic Items for now ^^;  I know I should have more, but I like where I'm at right now.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Ah, I'd thought some of your stats were a bit low.  Yeah, you should have a much nicer spread once you've rolled for them. ^^

The main reason I have for suggesting a +6 Charisma item is that all of your key abilities are Charisma-based. ^^; You're basically going to have to pick one up sooner or later, regardless, so...

I think it you were planning on going for a sort of 'wandering monster' theme with the assorted coins, gems and art objects?

who149

I figured bird mentality. "Shiny object! Shiny object! MINE BITCH!" Should be a common Saying among Harpies XD

And when you say +6 charisma. Do you mean it raises My Charisma by 6? or raises it by 2 to be +6?
Also fixed my stats. The Best picture I could find was of A yu-gi-oh type Harpy, which looks fine I guess.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

It raises your Charisma score by 6.  36,000 gp total.  It's commonly put on a Cloak, but according to the Magic Item Compendium, it can also be put on the Head slot, hence my comment about a Circlet.  I figure the latter is less likely to get in the way for a flier, as well, so...

Edit: Ah, and also, for your stats, did you factor in the stat increases that come from leveling up? ^^; You get to increase one stat every four levels, so if you haven't, I recommend putting both of the increases you'll get into Charisma.

who149

Alright done. With a 26 Charisma, I am the sexiest, most attractive thing on this half of the world ;D

I have a basic background too. For one, Miranda is not her real name, but what she goes by when dealing with others, as her name is not really translated well to the common ear. When she was younger, she was drafted for guard duty for her nest. Trained to use her voice not only too drive people closer for meals, but to drive dangerous predators away. After several years of that, she hit the jack-pot after killing some rich noble who happened too be in the area. Instead of sharing the treasure with her sisters, she took it all and flew off into the world.

She bought herself a few nice treats while traveling, including several things she can use to protect herself, and some methods to make herself more attractive and soothing to others. Banished from her nest, she travels the land by herself.

Ons and offs!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 25, 2011, 10:47:34 AM
Ah.  Well, last night I spent some time tinkering around with the Stronghold Builder's Guide, and it actually does say in the rules that you can build a Stronghold around a Daern's Instant Fortress.  The Landlord feat gives you 200,000 gp at this level to spend on your Stronghold, and provides extra funds matching any of your own money that you spend on the Stronghold, so because you spent 55,000 gp on that Instant Fortress, you'd get 255,000 gp for your magnificent mansion.

The basic build I made trades in the adamantine walls for wooden ones, but in turn you get things like full climate control, an Unseen Servant in every room, infinite water for the baths in the spa, an infinitely-stocked larder for the kitchen, 6 spare bedrooms for guests, a dining hall that seats 30 and has magical tables that cast Purify Food and Drink on each meal served on them...  And all of it can be shrunk up and put in your pocket at a moment's notice, thanks to being built into a Daern's Instant Fortress.

Hmmm, it sounds quite nifty idea. Does Ulth approve this? That I change Daern's Instant Fortress into Daern's Instant Mansion (with above; changing the walls and add all mentioned features if I take Landlord feat in 12th level)? Also I assume you Ulth have not chosen yet male lead char yet?

Anyways will be gone offline good while....playing Star Wars:Old Republic server pressure beta and having blast a fun :D. Played 12 hours yesterday (stopped at 6:00 AM).

ulthakptah

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on November 25, 2011, 07:33:50 PM

For the plot I'm sure.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 26, 2011, 07:00:21 AM
Hmmm, it sounds quite nifty idea. Does Ulth approve this? That I change Daern's Instant Fortress into Daern's Instant Mansion (with above; changing the walls and add all mentioned features if I take Landlord feat in 12th level)? Also I assume you Ulth have not chosen yet male lead char yet?

Anyways will be gone offline good while....playing Star Wars:Old Republic server pressure beta and having blast a fun :D. Played 12 hours yesterday (stopped at 6:00 AM).
aren't you the only one who made up a sheet?

Kunoichi

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 26, 2011, 07:55:15 AM
aren't you the only one who made up a sheet?

Strongholds do require GM approval on their design, though.  Here's the basic list I came up with that I mentioned to Zaer earlier in the thread:

QuoteMobile: -5%

Mansion: 12 Stronghold Spaces (40% Interior, 60% Exterior)

Bath, Luxury (2 SS) -10,000
Bedroom Suite, Luxury (2 SS) -25,000
Bedrooms, Fancy x3 (3 SS) -12,000
Common Area, Fancy (1 SS) -3,000
Dining Hall, Fancy (2 SS) -12,000
Kitchen, Fancy (1 SS) -12,000
Throne Room, Basic (1 SS) -2,000

Wooden Walls -1,200

Everburning Torches x127 -13,970

Chamber of Comfort x12 -90,000
Everful Basin -4,500
Everful Larder -15,000
Invisible Servant x12 -18,000
Table of Feasting -43,200
Table of Freshness x2 -6,000

Final Price: 267,870gp - 5% = 254,476gp 5sp/255,000 gp

Luxury is the highest grade in the book, and Luxury rooms generally come with the finest, most opulent materials, tasteful paintings adorning the walls, personal servants attending to your every need, that sort of thing.  In this case, I figured the Bath and the owner's Bedroom Suite would be the only rooms that would need to be that high in quality, since this is more of a portable shelter than a permanent residence.

The next-highest grade is Fancy, and it covers rooms with comfortable, high-grade materials and tasteful furnishings.  Each 'Bedroom' space actually contains two bedrooms, each with a double bed, so the owner can easily host 6-12 guests when needed.  The Common Room is presumably the mansion's grand front hall, used as a waiting room, greeting area, or whatever other use the owner wants to put it to.  The Kitchen and Dining Hall can be put to use cooking and serving meals for up to 30 people easily.

Finally, the lowest grade is Basic, and usually contains just the basic necessities for a given room, often made of the cheapest materials.  Even a Basic Throne Room, however, has polished floors, carpeting, tapestries hanging from the walls, and a comfortable padded chair for a local lord to conduct his business from.  The room can comfortably hold up to 20 people, so I imagine it often sees double duty as a dance floor.

Wooden Walls for both the interior and exterior, so not much explanation needed there.  Lighting is provided by 127 Everburning Torches which line the walls, and I imagine they come complete with small covers which hang nearby for the purpose of covering them when darkness is needed.

Finally, in terms of Wondrous Architecture, the mansion has a number of magical accoutrements to help make it self-sufficient and comfortable to live in.  Making every room a Chamber of Comfort provides climate control, every room magically kept at a pleasant temperature and the air constantly kept clean and circulating, never stuffy.  The Everful Basin in the bath area provides constant fresh water at any temperature desired, perfect for a hot bath or a cold shower, while the kitchen's Everful Larder provides an unending amount of food, though only in increments of food for 5 people.  It's also not the best-tasting of fare, though it is described as 'simple, nourishing food'.  A better meal comes from the dining hall's Table of Feasting, which provides a Heroes' Feast for up to 12 people, 3 times a day.  That's the main table, and the two lesser tables are Tables of Freshness, casting Purify Food and Drink on any food served upon them to keep it fresh and free of poison.  Finally, the entire mansion comes equipped with a full staff of 12 Unseen Servants, ready to cook, clean, and follow any other simple instructions given by the owner or his guests.

With your permission, this luxurious portable mansion will belong to Zaer, and any cute monster girls who get to stay at it will be in for quite the treat, in terms of vacation homes. ;D

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 26, 2011, 02:52:54 PM
Strongholds do require GM approval on their design, though.  Here's the basic list I came up with that I mentioned to Zaer earlier in the thread:

Luxury is the highest grade in the book, and Luxury rooms generally come with the finest, most opulent materials, tasteful paintings adorning the walls, personal servants attending to your every need, that sort of thing.  In this case, I figured the Bath and the owner's Bedroom Suite would be the only rooms that would need to be that high in quality, since this is more of a portable shelter than a permanent residence.

The next-highest grade is Fancy, and it covers rooms with comfortable, high-grade materials and tasteful furnishings.  Each 'Bedroom' space actually contains two bedrooms, each with a double bed, so the owner can easily host 6-12 guests when needed.  The Common Room is presumably the mansion's grand front hall, used as a waiting room, greeting area, or whatever other use the owner wants to put it to.  The Kitchen and Dining Hall can be put to use cooking and serving meals for up to 30 people easily.

Finally, the lowest grade is Basic, and usually contains just the basic necessities for a given room, often made of the cheapest materials.  Even a Basic Throne Room, however, has polished floors, carpeting, tapestries hanging from the walls, and a comfortable padded chair for a local lord to conduct his business from.  The room can comfortably hold up to 20 people, so I imagine it often sees double duty as a dance floor.

Wooden Walls for both the interior and exterior, so not much explanation needed there.  Lighting is provided by 127 Everburning Torches which line the walls, and I imagine they come complete with small covers which hang nearby for the purpose of covering them when darkness is needed.

Finally, in terms of Wondrous Architecture, the mansion has a number of magical accoutrements to help make it self-sufficient and comfortable to live in.  Making every room a Chamber of Comfort provides climate control, every room magically kept at a pleasant temperature and the air constantly kept clean and circulating, never stuffy.  The Everful Basin in the bath area provides constant fresh water at any temperature desired, perfect for a hot bath or a cold shower, while the kitchen's Everful Larder provides an unending amount of food, though only in increments of food for 5 people.  It's also not the best-tasting of fare, though it is described as 'simple, nourishing food'.  A better meal comes from the dining hall's Table of Feasting, which provides a Heroes' Feast for up to 12 people, 3 times a day.  That's the main table, and the two lesser tables are Tables of Freshness, casting Purify Food and Drink on any food served upon them to keep it fresh and free of poison.  Finally, the entire mansion comes equipped with a full staff of 12 Unseen Servants, ready to cook, clean, and follow any other simple instructions given by the owner or his guests.

With your permission, this luxurious portable mansion will belong to Zaer, and any cute monster girls who get to stay at it will be in for quite the treat, in terms of vacation homes. ;D
Sure don't care.

Kunoichi

Alright then. ^^ Looks like Zaer can start playing at any time, in that case.

NicciKotor

I like how all of you figured out that I was a celestial right off the bat. It isn't like imps and LE demons get around the upper planes very much. Though being all extra sparkly and adorable and filled with cheer is a pretty good sign.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

To be fair, Kulzu actually has ranks in Knowledge (The Planes), along with a high enough Int modifier that she's really quite knowledgeable in that area.  Falling out of the sky in a great ball of fire isn't exactly the sort of thing non-celestial creatures tend to do, either.

You're right, though.  Just having her know it without rolling for it isn't at all fair, especially since there actually is a chance of failure.  So, here I go...

Knowledge (The Planes) check to identify Ghaele Eladrin. (1d20+13=19)

I rolled a 19.  And since the DC for identification is 10+your hit dice, of which you currently have 9...  Well, I just barely make it. ^^;

ExisD

I've also got a bunch of knowledge the planes ranks. And good point so I rolled too.

Total of 23 which is enough.

Besides, being a fallen angel Ilona would probably know what many look like.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 26, 2011, 07:56:20 PM
To be fair, Kulzu actually has ranks in Knowledge (The Planes), along with a high enough Int modifier that she's really quite knowledgeable in that area.  Falling out of the sky in a great ball of fire isn't exactly the sort of thing non-celestial creatures tend to do, either.

You're right, though.  Just having her know it without rolling for it isn't at all fair, especially since there actually is a chance of failure.  So, here I go...

Knowledge (The Planes) check to identify Ghaele Eladrin. (1d20+13=19)

I rolled a 19.  And since the DC for identification is 10+your hit dice, of which you currently have 9...  Well, I just barely make it. ^^;

I have 8 Hit Die, which is why my BAB is so low at +8/+3.

Until I cast divine power on myself, naturally. Then it goes to +23/+18/+11 overall.

Speaking of hit die, how many do you all have? Since Holy Word is quite unfriendly to evil creatures and cannot discern from friends and that asshole that wants to do something evil!

If you hear my Holy Word, this is what happens:

HD                                    Effect
Equal to caster level    Deafened 1d4 rounds
Up to caster level -1    Blinded 2d4 rounds, deafened 1d4 rounds
Up to caster level -5    Paralyzed 1d10 minutes, blinded 2d4, deafened 1d4
Up to caster level -10    Killed, paralyzed, blinded, deafened

They are all accumulative and concurrent, and no saves. There is spell resistance, which is why I took spell penetration and greater spell penetration for feats.

I got 1d20+18 roll against spell resistance. I only have 22 SR myself, so I would only have to roll a 4 or higher to beat my own SR.

NicciKotor

Also if I am reading this right, the savage species rules state that you have to finish your monsters progression before multiclassing. I say this since Ghaele have 20 levels of progression, and it says explicitly in the book that in order to multiclass I need to use epic class rules.

Which means that I cannot multiclass without first finishing my monster progression, since otherwise that statement would make no sense. 

Kunoichi

I've got 10 HD, so assuming you're Caster Level 14, I'll be Blinded and Deafened by that spell.  Thankfully, though, since you're not on your home plane, myself and ExisD at least don't have to worry about being banished by the spell.

ExisD

I'd be paralyzed as well, completely removed from a fight if one takes place, since I only have 9HD. Nicci is the most powerful party member given that caster level. Though being the only primary caster would do that.

NicciKotor

Quote from: ExisD on November 26, 2011, 09:10:42 PM
I'd be paralyzed as well, completely removed from a fight if one takes place, since I only have 9HD. Nicci is the most powerful party member given that caster level. Though being the only primary caster would do that.

You would be deafened, blinded, and paralyzed. At which point I can scamper over and attack you with tickles!

NicciKotor

Also Exisd your character pics are still blocked. You need to use imageshack.

Kunoichi

Actually, since being paralyzed still allows for purely mental actions, I imagine Ilona would have little choice but to Greater Teleport out to some safe spot somewhere.

Kulzu, on the other hand, being merely blinded and deafened, but having no escape abilities, would have to somehow escape some other way.

Edit: Ah, and rather than directly linking to the images, ExisD, I think you might be better served by linking to the pages the images are on. ^^;