Wolfling Winter [High Fantasy, Freeform, Werewolves]

Started by Cerevan, June 23, 2013, 03:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevan

Quote from: Chiarra on June 27, 2013, 08:44:53 PM
Yes, though it may take a bit of time for me to get my character sheet up.  I really do suck at those things unfortunately :/

It's alright, we're not in much of a hurry. (Technically speaking we're in no hurry at all.)

Caela

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Wargtass

Quote from: Caela on June 27, 2013, 09:10:14 PM
Will work on my sacrifice tonight.

Sounds like an Aztec high school in here.  ;D
O/O

Caela

Quote from: Wargtass on June 27, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

I am willing to sacrifice her virginity but her heart stays in her chest!

Cerevan

Quote from: Wargtass on June 27, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Quote from: Caela on June 27, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
I am willing to sacrifice her virginity but her heart stays in her chest!

Don't worry, luv. Hearts stay in place. So long as she doesn't try to kill people. Then, well...I've a feeling that wolves enjoy the hunt. :-X

Caela

Quote from: Cerevan on June 27, 2013, 10:42:46 PM
I'm laughing so hard right now.

Don't worry, luv. Hearts stay in place. So long as she doesn't try to kill people. Then, well...I've a feeling that wolves enjoy the hunt. :-X

She won't try to kill anyone...but she might not be above whacking someone on the head if she sees a chance to escape! :D

Caela

Cerevan

Quote from: Caela on June 27, 2013, 10:58:15 PM
She won't try to kill anyone...but she might not be above whacking someone on the head if she sees a chance to escape! :D

Fun little hunt that might end up being. ;)

Chiarra

Okay, so I have a question.  Sacrifices, are they immediately assigned to someone, or does someone have to claim them as theirs first?  And what do they do with the sacrifices if they aren't claimed or given to anyone yet?
Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Cerevan

Quote from: Chiarra on June 27, 2013, 11:34:17 PM
Okay, so I have a question.  Sacrifices, are they immediately assigned to someone, or does someone have to claim them as theirs first?  And what do they do with the sacrifices if they aren't claimed or given to anyone yet?

This can go multiple ways, actually.

1) A sacrifice with a particularly useful skill is offered, for example, a blacksmith or a tanner. They will nearly always be picked up by a pack since they are worth their weight. If a particular wolf takes a shine to one of those kinds of sacrifices, then they might engage in a claimant relationship. However, regardless, that sacrifice will be kept within the pack and likely treated very well.

2) A sacrifice who has a fairly useful skills, such as weaving or cooking. Again, they would be picked up by a pack that could find use for such skills. For example, a weaver might get picked up by a pack that runs near enough to human settlements to sell such things. Claimant relationships happen here as well, but again the sacrifice's place in the pack is dependent on their skills.

3) A sacrifice who doesn't necessarily have any skills but is exceptionally beautiful. In this case, they'll only get picked up if a wolf wants them and has a high enough position in the pack to support them.

Occasionally sacrifices will be given as gifts between packs, or as an honor gift from a warrior to their alpha. These are fairly rare occurrences, however, since sacrifices are usually treated well, not as property. Does that answer your question?

Chiarra

Well, my brother has his sword, and I have my mind and a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, that's why I read so much, Jon Snow.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Reia

Wow, y'all have been busy! I just wanted to add my vote for the classifieds system: Yes, I think it's a great idea! :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Cerevan

Quote from: Reia on June 28, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Wow, y'all have been busy! I just wanted to add my vote for the classifieds system: Yes, I think it's a great idea! :)

Alright, sounds like the Classified system is going to be a go when I get the OOC up and running. ;D I guess we'll wait for maybe one or two more people to throw their hat officially into the ring, and then Wolfling Winter IC is a go! Exciting, yes?

Quote from: BellaVita on June 27, 2013, 04:57:20 PM
There aren't many guys yet, unfortunately. It'd be nice to have some more to fawn over. :D

Fawning, you say, my dear Bella? We've a blacksmith sacrifice now to fawn over. ;) And a grumpy mysterious omega sage. And soon a snarky beta. And Kon. (Poor Kon.)

BellaVita

Quote from: Cerevan on June 28, 2013, 05:40:51 PM

Fawning, you say, my dear Bella? We've a blacksmith sacrifice now to fawn over. ;) And a grumpy mysterious omega sage. And soon a snarky beta. And Kon. (Poor Kon.)

Haha, very true.. I love that there's so many interesting character's as well. :D

Strifesblaze7

Kon will give as much as he gets if not more!!!!!

Cerevan

Quote from: BellaVita on June 28, 2013, 05:43:02 PM
Haha, very true.. I love that there's so many interesting character's as well. :D

Really, I'm surprised at how varied these have turned out to be. Ecstatic, but surprised.

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 28, 2013, 05:50:34 PM
Kon will give as much as he gets if not more!!!!!

-Snickersnort.-

Strifesblaze7

Chiarra

Okay, have to tell you guys, but I am not going to be on for a week.  So sorry for any inconvenience if the rp gets started before then, but I am very much still interested so I will reply, just in a weeks time.

~Tyrion Lannister

F-List

Cerevan

Quote from: Chiarra on June 28, 2013, 09:59:57 PM
Okay, have to tell you guys, but I am not going to be on for a week.  So sorry for any inconvenience if the rp gets started before then, but I am very much still interested so I will reply, just in a weeks time.

Sounds good, thank you for the warning. Depending on how the RP opens, it may or may not even be an issue. ;D Either way we look forward to your return.

For General Notice: This weekend I will be creating the OOC, Wiki, and possibly the IC threads. Before I create the IC though, I'd like yet another vote on whether we want a big starting event, or just to kind of meander into the story.

Strifesblaze7

BellaVita

Quote from: Cerevan on June 29, 2013, 01:17:48 AM
Sounds good, thank you for the warning. Depending on how the RP opens, it may or may not even be an issue. ;D Either way we look forward to your return.

For General Notice: This weekend I will be creating the OOC, Wiki, and possibly the IC threads. Before I create the IC though, I'd like yet another vote on whether we want a big starting event, or just to kind of meander into the story.

A big event is always good for bringing everyone together, I think. Even if maybe everyone is gathering to see a new sacrifice brought in or perhaps a few warriors are returning from a long hunt, and everyone is excited for them to be back? Either way, I think both will work, I just like the dramatics. :D

Cerevan

I was thinking something along the lines of returning from a hunt (possibly bringing along a sacrifice, if someone were to volunteer to be the newbie) or alternately returning from some minor territory dispute.

Strifesblaze7

Could be a territory thing, nice fight and new scars. lol

Cerevan

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 29, 2013, 01:32:37 AM
Could be a territory thing, nice fight and new scars. lol

Because what this pack needs is clearly more scars. ;)