Burnout (Closed)

Started by Lithium, July 22, 2013, 01:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithium

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 22, 2013, 04:53:39 AM
you read the post backwards I'm talking about NOT posting for 2 days, leaving 5 open.

Actually, I wasn't replying to that part of your post at all (which I can understand just fine), I'm just saying that this whole discussion made me realize why having a character who works nights or weekends wouldn't work. Regardless of how many days a week you can or can't post, your character needs to work similar hours as everyone else's, that's all.

Like I said before, if you're sure you can keep up with the requirements despite not being able to post for 2 days every week, then you're welcome to apply. I leave that to your own discretion.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Wargtass

Sweet, I'll try to make time for this one.
O/O

Blobbe

Potentially interested, dependent on what section you were looking to put it into.

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Aiden

Clint's coming back!

Same ol Texas Heartthrob

Works at a private body shop semi full time (between gigs), his expertise is still going to be paint and body kits

And he deals small arms through a restoration shop he also does resto work for

Wooo for open carry states!

Sucks I lose the skyline, but I will go to Nissan 240sx with an engine swap to a Sr20det, great for the amateur circuits

Lithium

Quote from: KaylaM on July 22, 2013, 07:00:44 AM
Potentially interested, dependent on what section you were looking to put it into.

It won't be in NC or Extreme, don't worry. :P

Quote from: Aiden on July 22, 2013, 11:37:50 AMSucks I lose the skyline

You can get it back, you'll just have to earn it!

Aiden

In the previous game, Clint had the 240 but ended up losing it 5-6 months before the start of the game which is why he relied on his truck for all that time as he looked into getting his skyline.

Behind the scenes- that car gets him in a lot of trouble because he ends up in the pocket of some Yakuza in San Fran (shipping, acquiring the car etc) But the game never played out enough to surface.

xPeachyPuff

I'd be interested in joining, if there is still space! I'll try and get a CS out to both of you when I get home.

- Rainbow

Moraline

Assuming you still have room... I'm possibly interested but I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly our characters will be doing when not racing (or at least the part that we are expected to be posting about.)

What are our core motivations as characters? (Are we just gear heads?)

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on July 22, 2013, 06:51:42 PM
Assuming you still have room... I'm possibly interested but I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly our characters will be doing when not racing (or at least the part that we are expected to be posting about.)

What are our core motivations as characters? (Are we just gear heads?)

Well, the characters would primarily want to go from being newbies/amateurs to becoming competitive, to make their team successful, possibly gain some sponsors, etc. Each individual character's reasons for wanting to do so would depend on their player. Maybe they think it's the only way they can make a better life for themselves, maybe they're addicted to the speed or the adrenaline or the competition, maybe they just love racing, the possibilities are endless. I suppose that logically, they should all be 'gear heads' to a certain extend considering what they're dedicating their lives to, but that doesn't meant that they can't like or do other things too.

As for what they'll be doing during downtown between racing, the simple answer is pretty much whatever the players want. Hang out, develop your relationships, whatever. Vel and I will also come up with other optional activities that everyone can participate in as a group if they choose to, like going out to the beach or something. Challenges that aren't necessarily racing related will also spring up from time to time, and players are also welcome to introduce their own as long as they check with us beforehand.

But yeah, mainly whatever you want, there won't be races and events and whatever else constantly thrown at you every second.

Lightshock16

Just posted a Sheet to you guy's. hope it's okay. :)

xPeachyPuff

I'll give you guysy finished CS tomorrow if that's alright. I couldnt find a decent image for my character. I may just use the girl from the last F&F game some of us were in, but ill shop around a bit more.

- Rainbow

Veluux

Quote from: AdrianZef on July 22, 2013, 10:03:43 AM
Third time's the charm, eh?

Hopefully. X.x

Hahaha. Are you going to try to get in on this one Adrian?

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Veluux

Quote from: Wargtass on July 22, 2013, 06:03:29 AM
Sweet, I'll try to make time for this one.

Hey Warg. Nice to see some familiar faces.

No crazy triad in this one. We're trying to keep it simple and make it easier for everyone to get involved.

You down?

Veluux

For those of you that have sent Lithium and I character sheets already - be patient, it's a bit of process to go through them all together and try to evaluate what/who will be the best fit for the game. We've only got a handful of spots (6 I believe?), so we're going to have to make tough choices. There is a possibility we could go with two groups of people, but Lithium and I will have to discuss that further if we find we end up with too many awesome characters/players.

So just stay patient and check back for updates from us (though we'll likely PM you anyways).

And don't let that discourage any other players from applying - it's not a first-come first-serve basis. So give us your best shot!

Essentially we're going to collect the applications (giving a few days for people to notice the thread) and then select the team based on the players and how we see their character'meshing together with the rest of the other players/characters. So until we declare the roster - recruitment is most definitely open!

If you have any questions feel free to PM myself or Lithium as mentioned in the main post. I'm available for a few hours every night - and most of the day on my days off (starting Friday). The character sheets I've received so far are looking pretty good. Just be sure to keep under the prescribed budget for your cars (remember we are all 'starving racers' so to speak). There's a reason we're all chipping in to get a house together - we're all broke because of our addiction to racing! ;)

Rachubka

"When the hell did Veluux get back?" -- The girl who disappeared without a word for half a year.

Lithium

Veluux

Quote from: Rachubka on July 22, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
"When the hell did Veluux get back?" -- The girl who disappeared without a word for half a year.

No worries Rach, your stalking is still efficient. I've only been back for a week or two. :P

Rachubka

Cheers all around! Expect my sheet soon enough. I'll actually have my girl race this time because lol ihavetoassholes.

AdrianZef

Quote from: Veluux on July 22, 2013, 08:50:20 PM
Hopefully. X.x

Hahaha. Are you going to try to get in on this one Adrian?

Yep! I'll probably reuse some of my old character, since I never got that great of a mileage out of him last time :P
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

xPeachyPuff

Right, I've sent in my CS.

- Rainbow ♥

Love And Submission

Are you going by Kelly Blue Book on Value or something else? Just  curious.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Lithium

Quote from: DTW on July 23, 2013, 02:48:44 PM
Are you going by Kelly Blue Book on Value or something else? Just  curious.

No, we'll be using real market value, basically just a quick Google search to get an idea of the average going rate, and common sense and/or more searching to take condition and upgrades into account.

Veluux

Getting the opportunity to review several good characters with the CSs submitted thus far. We're extremely close to establishing the current roster of players (with preliminary Character Sheets put out). I'm thinking maybe sometime tomorrow or Thursday Lithium and I will be able to confirm who's made the cut and post the initial Character Sheets up here in this interest thread.

The way it's going to work is that we're going to post up all eight character sheets (Lithium, mine, +6 more locks) here where we reserved spots. Lithium will post for the ladies and I'll post for the gents' (just to split up the administrative load). That way everyone's information, personality, and histories are on the table.

At that point we'll also open up an OOC/Plot Discussion thread where everyone can start collaborating on their 'Current History' as to how they got to know the group or specific individuals and any other type of past events or interconnected histories.

Once everyone is feeling good about where they stand you'll summarize those into the final section of your CS and resubmit it to myself and Lithium so we can post it in the Official Character Sheet thread. After that's done, our tires and engines should be plenty warm for the green light.

So the estimated timeframe I'm thinking (depending a lot on how quickly you all are able to finalize your CS's) should look something like this:

Wednesday/Thursday night: Player roster announced and initial CS's will be posted here. OOC Thread will be launched.
Friday/Saturday/Sunday: Players will make adjustments and establish their Current History and relations with the other characters.
Sunday night: Final CSs will be posted in the CS thread, all IC threads should be created.
Monday morning: (maybe even Sunday night) Everyone will be clear to start posting!

Again, this is an estimated timeline - based on how things have gone so far and how my (and Lithium's) availability is looking. A lot of course will depend on how quickly everyone is able to finish fully fleshing out their characters affiliations. I'm thinking a full weekend should be plenty of time if we're all proactive; but some people may have plans - it is summer, after all.

Anyhow - that's how I'm hoping things will go. I'm getting pretty excited about this game. This will be Lithium and I's third time participating in a game of this nature. The second attempt was far more productive than the first attempt - and I'd like to think we've worked out the rest of the major kinks. Of course, they do say that the third time is the charm. So I'm betting we're in for a good play - especially considering the cast that is unfolding. Their ain't a single slouch in the bunch that I can see - and we'll likely even have to turn down one or two very good players/characters (due primarily to plot design and the GMs administrative time capabilities).

There won't be any outstanding antagonists in this game (at least not initially), and Lithium and I will likely be controlling (or at the very least - approving) any antagonist-ish NPCs when needed for plot progression. Early on it's going to be a lot of meshing between characters as they define themselves within the group and establish their personal and professional goals. Then we'll be ready for large-scale plot movements like stepping up a tier when it comes to class of cars, housing, monetary income, etc.

If I missed anything Lithium, feel free to chime in (or correct me if need be - which it usually is ;)  Hahaha.)

Again, any questions or concerns, send me a PM (cc'd to Lithium) and we'll answer it as quickly and accurately as possible.

Thanks everyone!