Catalyst [Original Superhero GM-Led Small Group] (CLOSED - FULL)

Started by VVitch, January 30, 2024, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Nyx

Hoping not to shoot too out of atmosphere, so I may as well ask: would a questionable play on the Midas touch be acceptable? As in physical touch can rapidly repair organic material, or reverse and cause rapid decay? I'll also add I'm looking at writing a cis-male.

I'm still familiarizing myself with the lore but I'll probably have this CS done by tomorrow. :3

VVitch

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 31, 2024, 02:36:06 PMHoping not to shoot too out of atmosphere, so I may as well ask: would a questionable play on the Midas touch be acceptable? As in physical touch can rapidly repair organic material, or reverse and cause rapid decay? I'll also add I'm looking at writing a cis-male.

I'm still familiarizing myself with the lore but I'll probably have this CS done by tomorrow. :3

That works for me! Sounds like a cool power. No issues and no overlap.

Miss Nyx

Quote from: VVitch on January 31, 2024, 02:38:28 PMThat works for me! Sounds like a cool power. No issues and no overlap.

Woooo, fucking rad. Gracias!

Oh, and also if it's not too early and is acceptable to you most honorable GM... I'd like to reserve Jack Greystone as the FC for my brain baby. 

VVitch

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 31, 2024, 02:41:00 PMWoooo, fucking rad. Gracias!

Oh, and also if it's not too early and is acceptable to you most honorable GM... I'd like to reserve Jack Greystone as the FC for my brain baby.

No problem!

I think I will make a space to list FC's and powersets people are working on so that people don't submit characters with the same FC or powers, yeah.

Edit: With great speed, I have done it. If you wish me to add anything to this list let me know and an updated version will be in the Character Creation segment,

Faceclaims:
DahliaWitch
Jack Greystone
Powers:
Shadow Creature Creation
Bubble Generation
Healing/Decaying Touch
Snaps:
Being shoved in a pool/trapped/laughed at

Malia Magnus Wolfe

I am so tempted. I am getting some real Watchmen vibes from this.

VVitch

Quote from: Malia Magnus Wolfe on January 31, 2024, 04:11:23 PMI am so tempted. I am getting some real Watchmen vibes from this.

I am a fan of Watchmen so I'll definitely take that as a compliment!

Miss Nyx

-giggles in Rorschach-

One moreeee question, would you like the CSes PMed to you, or posted here? Apologies if you've already specified. My ability to focus is comparable to a squirrel on cocaine. 😅

VVitch

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 31, 2024, 04:20:33 PM-giggles in Rorschach-

One moreeee question, would you like the CSes PMed to you, or posted here? Apologies if you've already specified. My ability to focus is comparable to a squirrel on cocaine. 😅

There is a mention at the end of the character creation segment but, PM'd is ideal!

Malia Magnus Wolfe

Kara Danvers

Quote from: VVitch on January 31, 2024, 02:03:45 PMYes, I am only taking 4-6 writers but I won't be making decisions until 4th February (Later if there are a few still working on CS's at that date. There are more than 6 people interested so not everyone can join but I will consider all options sent before the 4th.

Very cool! I submitted a sheet!
~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

LanaN

VVitch

MetroFallout

DM'd part of a character concept, gonna keep working on it if I get the go ahead.

Andronica

Quote from: Deathnote on January 30, 2024, 08:55:13 PMWould anyone mind if I worked off of their character concept?  Would anyone be interested in having characters with a prior connection?  (i.e., friend, sibling, former teammate, etc...?)
Once I get a character PMed to VVitch, and if she's approved, I'm all for this! Since the goal is to create a tight nit group that would be ideal, anyway.

inkybus

Watch Me Watch You.

Rooting for you guys, go get those selfish, stone-hearted corporations!

Malia Magnus Wolfe

Can I just say that whoever pitched bubble generation as a power is legendary. 

Reading it in the pitched Idea spoiler is so funny, co it's placed between two slightly dark and edgy power pitches.. Which makes them both seem more edgy and dark. 

Just two anime characters with their bangs covering one eye, then a pink pixie with blow bubble bottle. 

I am obviously letting my imagination go wild here, and don't mean to offend anyone:P

MightyMaiden

VVitch

Quote from: Malia Magnus Wolfe on February 02, 2024, 08:29:37 AMCan I just say that whoever pitched bubble generation as a power is legendary.

Reading it in the pitched Idea spoiler is so funny, co it's placed between two slightly dark and edgy power pitches.. Which makes them both seem more edgy and dark.

Just two anime characters with their bangs covering one eye, then a pink pixie with blow bubble bottle.

I am obviously letting my imagination go wild here, and don't mean to offend anyone:P

The bubbles are a little darker than they sound, some of the summaries were hard to do.

Malia Magnus Wolfe

Quote from: MightyMaiden on February 02, 2024, 08:47:39 AMDark EVIL bubbles..

I have never seen this before. I love it!

Quote from: VVitch on February 02, 2024, 08:54:44 AMThe bubbles are a little darker than they sound
This should be the flagship quote for the Catalyst. 

inkybus

Quote from: VVitch on February 02, 2024, 08:54:44 AMThe bubbles are a little darker than they sound, some of the summaries were hard to do.
Shot in the dark... are they timeloop bubbles?

VVitch

inkybus

Quote from: VVitch on February 02, 2024, 12:35:52 PMNope, not time loops!
Has to be a relief for the 'good guys', knowing that there aren't villains with that specific power out there.~

Outcast

Quote from: Malia Magnus Wolfe on February 02, 2024, 09:00:13 AMThis should be the flagship quote for the Catalyst.

I can imagine "The bubbles are a little darker than they sound" being the basis for a rather interesting game, certainly...  ;)

I'm still seriously tempted to write up a character application, in spite of all efforts to put RL-wrangling and my posting backlog first....
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

VVitch

For what it's worth, being up-front, I have had a lot of CS submissions for this game and the decision making is already very much down to the wire. I'm not opposed to seeing more concepts but it's probably worth knowing in advance that I'm already close to double the amount of characters I can take.

inkybus

Even so, this setting is badass and beloved and I wish you lots of fun with it!