The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 22, 2015, 01:40:37 AM
Daredevil has been renewed for Season 2.

Since Daredevil has proven to be a success for Marvel experimenting with the dark and gritty...how long will it be before we get another Punisher?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 24, 2015, 07:47:34 PM
Since Daredevil has proven to be a success for Marvel experimenting with the dark and gritty...how long will it be before we get another Punisher?

Apparently they're already in talks about it. I was going to say, with all the Marvel TV shit they're doing, Disney might as well make a channel devoted to it. Let Daredevil premiere, maybe in late hours, on it and run the cartoon stuff during the day, do the movies on weekends and such.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

If they can keep the Cinematic Universe strong as it is now I can see them making their own streaming service in a few years so they don't have to worry about FCC regulations. In this day and age of Netflix, Hulu and various other streaming services on the rise I can see Marvel working on their own once they have more content to offer. Heck if they work out a deal with Fox and expand the one with Sony they could even offer the earlier superhero movies like FF, X-men, and the original Spidey trilogy.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Im gonna admit something here, I thougth the concept of Daredevil was kind of stupid *flinches as angry nerd rage comes* But the new Netflix series really sold it to me and I am honestly hooked, I cant get enough and the character of Fisk is utterly terrifying with how he is played.

EDIT: Removed the other part cause it doesn't belong here I think. This should be more about the movies.

On the subject of the Punisher: I think Frank Grillo (the guy from the last Purge movie) should be The Punisher, he practically was him in that movie if you think about it.  XD

CuriousEyes

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 24, 2015, 07:47:34 PM

Does Marvel actually have rights to Punisher? I thought they sold him like mutants and the Fantastic Four so they couldn't be in the MCU?

SapphireStar

The Punisher would be a good supporting character to have pop up in Daredevil, and then crossover into the other Marvel shows. Same with Taskmaster.

Apparently, Spider-Man is down to 5 possible candidates. None of which I find could pull off the role. They're still aiming for the teen crowd. Though there is a rumor of an animated Spider-Man movie in the works.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 24, 2015, 08:37:56 PM
The Punisher would be a good supporting character to have pop up in Daredevil, and then crossover into the other Marvel shows. Same with Taskmaster.

Apparently, Spider-Man is down to 5 possible candidates. None of which I find could pull off the role. They're still aiming for the teen crowd. Though there is a rumor of an animated Spider-Man movie in the works

Oh dear who do they have in mind?

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 24, 2015, 08:26:16 PM
Im gonna admit something here, I thougth the concept of Daredevil was kind of stupid *flinches as angry nerd rage comes* But the new Netflix series really sold it to me and I am honestly hooked, I cant get enough and the character of Fisk is utterly terrifying with how he is played.

EDIT: Removed the other part cause it doesn't belong here I think. This should be more about the movies.

That's the cool thing about the Cinematic Universe. These concepts cannot be the best in the world but Marvel is working them like gold.

Quote from: CuriousEyes on April 24, 2015, 08:35:01 PM
Does Marvel actually have rights to Punisher? I thought they sold him like mutants and the Fantastic Four so they couldn't be in the MCU?

That I am not certain about....they may have them back since they did sell the rights to Daredevil originally to make the Affleck movie years ago. I dunno though that's something you would have to research.

SapphireStar

According to one of the news articles it is down to the following:

Asa Butterfield (Hugo, Ender's Game)

Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars, Admission)

Liam Jones (The Killing tv show)

Timothy Chalamet (Interstellar)

Tim Holland

Didn't the Marvel Studio produce Punisher: War Zone with Ray Steven?

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 24, 2015, 08:26:16 PM

On the subject of the Punisher: I think Frank Grillo (the guy from the last Purge movie) should be The Punisher, he practically was him in that movie if you think about it.  XD

Agreed about Daredevil, not exactly the first one I'd turn to for adding in new meat to the MCU but apparently it's doing well. And Frank Grillo is already Crossbones/Brock Rumlow, so he can't play the Punisher.

Here's a current-ish diagram of who owns what:

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 24, 2015, 08:43:02 PM

Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars, Admission)

I will scream no please no like Steve Carelle in the Office if the kid from the Naked Brothers Band is Spider-man...

By the way Mathim...I love that chart thank you

SapphireStar

I think Dylan O'Brien could've pulled off being Spider-Man. He is awesome as Stiles on Teen Wolf.

Chris Vance could be a possible candidate as Frank Castle. He's currently playing Frank Martin in the Transporter Series.

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 24, 2015, 08:52:26 PM
I will scream no please no like Steve Carelle in the Office if the kid from the Naked Brothers Band is Spider-man...

By the way Mathim...I love that chart thank you

I love it too, makes things so much simpler. So basically to break it down, the X-Men stuff that overlaps with the center is limited to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and, according to a different chart, the Skrulls (though that, I'd never heard, so I hesitate to show that one). The Namor on the upper-right is in transition from being in a place where it will never get made to being brought back into the fold at Marvel and potentially be available for the MCU. Spider-Man, which has entered the center but remains in its own, consistent-colored bubble, remains owned by Sony but they're sharing his character with Marvel. Everything else still belongs to whoever bought the rights before. But in the past few years, Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher (and Daredevil, obviously) have reverted back to Marvel which is awesome, though I'm not sure who owned them prior to that. Just wish we'd get to see some of them before long, though that's probably wishful thinking. Still...for them to be opening up the supernatural side of the MCU with Doctor Strange, and other characters like Iron Fist, they could surely make room for Blade and Ghost Rider.

As for Spider-Man...kill me now. The one fucking chance Marvel gets to not fuck it up and they've decided to clip his testicles. And they haven't even descended yet.

SapphireStar

The could bring back the actor who played Blade in the short lived Blade tv Series. Have him pop up in Daredevil and the other shows. Or at least revive the Blade series on Netflix too.

The Flash/Arrow spinoff has added a few new names to the cast. They've cast Ciara Renee as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl. Looks like there is a rumor that Vixen is getting a tv mini series? Probably going to have ten or so episodes like Agent Carter. Rumored that Stephen Amell will pop up there too? Though don't know how he'll fit that in when he is off shooting TMNT sequel as Casey Jones.

CaptainNexus616

They will probably hold off on Blade and Ghost Rider for a bit since they aren't as popular as Spider-Man and their last couple of movies haven't been the best.  So a cool down period may be wise right now.

I think it would be fun to get Iron Fist into the MCU. Get a little Martial Arts action in would be awesome.

I hate myself for looking at the Age of Ultron Wikipedia page to get some info since someone posted the entire plot and I couldn't resist to look. I won't say much but the end definitely set up for more characters to be brought into the MCU. 

I am surprise they worked out a deal with Namor could it hint at a future appearance?

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on April 24, 2015, 09:09:14 PM
They will probably hold off on Blade and Ghost Rider for a bit since they aren't as popular as Spider-Man and their last couple of movies haven't been the best.  So a cool down period may be wise right now.

I think it would be fun to get Iron Fist into the MCU. Get a little Martial Arts action in would be awesome.

I hate myself for looking at the Age of Ultron Wikipedia page to get some info since someone posted the entire plot and I couldn't resist to look. I won't say much but the end definitely set up for more characters to be brought into the MCU. 

I am surprise they worked out a deal with Namor could it hint at a future appearance?

Well according to some videos, Agents of SHIELD or one of the movies has some kind of map where it's a bit hard to see, but someone claims that 'Atlantis' or something like it is on said map, meaning there has to be a reason, ergo Namor existing. I think there's some legal stuff they're finalizing but it's pretty much a sure thing, according to Feige.

And why would you do that?! I'm tearing my hair out trying to resist spoilering it but I'm managing. I actually did that with every Phase 1 movie after TIH, still enjoyed them, but this time around there's such a better series of stories now that the origins are over with.

TheGlyphstone

I'm counting the days until the US release, and incredibly paranoid about accidentally running into spoilers somewhere.

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2015, 11:29:47 PM
I'm counting the days until the US release, and incredibly paranoid about accidentally running into spoilers somewhere.

I already may have uncovered one that I really wish I hadn't. Still, I can't confirm it's true but the more I read, the more I'm starting to believe it. I won't say what it is, of course, but damn...so hating that a-hole for not hiding that info better on that page. Besides, I'm not going to actually go see it for two weeks once it comes out because crowded theaters drive me batshit. Some dipshit lady and her 6-year-old who wouldn't shut the fuck up ruined Captain America: The Winter Soldier for me. Now I wait two weeks MINIMUM for blockbusters.

mia h

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 24, 2015, 09:04:09 PM
The Flash/Arrow spinoff has added a few new names to the cast. They've cast Ciara Renee as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl. Looks like there is a rumor that Vixen is getting a tv mini series? Probably going to have ten or so episodes like Agent Carter. Rumored that Stephen Amell will pop up there too? Though don't know how he'll fit that in when he is off shooting TMNT sequel as Casey Jones.
The Arrow/Flash now rumored to be called Legends of Tomorrow after John Wesley Shipp let it slip. Also they seem to have a full central cast now
Brandon Routh - Ray Palmer\ATOM
Caity Lotz - ?? (rumored to White Canary)
Wentworth Miller - Leonard Snart\Captain Cold
Dominic Purcell - Mick Rory\Heatwave
Ciara Renee - Kendra Saunders\Hawkgirl
Arthur Darvill - Rip Hunter
Victor Garber - Matin Stein\Firestorm
Franz Drameh - Jay Jackson

White Canary, Kendra Saunders & Jay Jackson would fill the "three characters new to TV" quota that the producers set up.

As for Vixen...

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mathim

Quote from: mia h on April 25, 2015, 08:18:47 AM
The Arrow/Flash now rumored to be called Legends of Tomorrow after John Wesley Shipp let it slip. Also they seem to have a full central cast now
Brandon Routh - Ray Palmer\ATOM
Caity Lotz - ?? (rumored to White Canary)
Wentworth Miller - Leonard Snart\Captain Cold
Dominic Purcell - Mick Rory\Heatwave
Ciara Renee - Kendra Saunders\Hawkgirl
Arthur Darvill - Rip Hunter
Victor Garber - Matin Stein\Firestorm
Franz Drameh - Jay Jackson

White Canary, Kendra Saunders & Jay Jackson would fill the "three characters new to TV" quota that the producers set up.

As for Vixen...

NO. Brandon Routh does NOT get to play with DC anymore after Superman Returns.

So they're merging Arrow and the Flash next season or something? What about the Supergirl show? Are they just going to put all of them together, then? It would make sense, having them all in one place instead of selling three different DVD seasons and shelling out the $$$ for three different productions.

TheGlyphstone

They'll just pay for one production season and charge three times as much for the DVDs.

Deamonbane

Brandon Routh is already playing ATOM in Arrow... Been a while too.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

mia h

Quote from: Mathim on April 25, 2015, 08:46:12 AM
NO. Brandon Routh does NOT get to play with DC anymore after Superman Returns.
He's been on Arrow since episode 1 of this season and done a pretty good job of being Iron Man-lite.

Quote from: Mathim on April 25, 2015, 08:46:12 AM
So they're merging Arrow and the Flash next season or something? What about the Supergirl show? Are they just going to put all of them together, then? It would make sense, having them all in one place instead of selling three different DVD seasons and shelling out the $$$ for three different productions.
There will be 3 CW shows : Arrow (season 4), The Flash (season 2) and Legends of Tomorrow (season 1) plus Vixen on CW seed. All four of those shows are in what's been named the Arrow-verse.
Supergirl is going to CBS but is being produced by Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg who are behind the CW shows and they also seem to be using the same writers, directors etc on Supergirl as the other shows.
As the CBS corporation owns both the CBS network and the CW having the shows cross networks is more likely than say Arrow and TNT's Titans doing a crossover but there aren't any immediate plans for the shows to be intergrated.
Add in iZombie, Preacher, Gotham and the outside possibility of Constantine hopping networks, that's a lot of DC comics on TV.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mathim

Quote from: mia h on April 25, 2015, 09:20:37 AM
He's been on Arrow since episode 1 of this season and done a pretty good job of being Iron Man-lite.
There will be 3 CW shows : Arrow (season 4), The Flash (season 2) and Legends of Tomorrow (season 1) plus Vixen on CW seed. All four of those shows are in what's been named the Arrow-verse.
Supergirl is going to CBS but is being produced by Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg who are behind the CW shows and they also seem to be using the same writers, directors etc on Supergirl as the other shows.
As the CBS corporation owns both the CBS network and the CW having the shows cross networks is more likely than say Arrow and TNT's Titans doing a crossover but there aren't any immediate plans for the shows to be intergrated.
Add in iZombie, Preacher, Gotham and the outside possibility of Constantine hopping networks, that's a lot of DC comics on TV.

Preacher is the only one of those I liked. Not sure I'm cool with their casting choices...

Lustful Bride

I only liked Constantine out of those....but I sort of enjoyed the Constantine version slightly more.

Also I envy you people who are excited to see Preacher, I personally cannot stand the work of Garth Ennis (after repeatedly giving them all a try due to friends telling me to keep giving him a chance I don't even want to see anything else with his name on it). >_<

SapphireStar

Isn't Preacher going to be airing on AMC? They've cast Dominic Cooper in the role. So, does this mean he will no longer appear as Howard Stark in potential future episodes of Agent Carter?

Robbie Amell is also cast as the other half of Firestorm.