News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One Sentence Stories: Ghost Story

Started by MrDiamondBackJack, September 07, 2010, 06:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDiamondBackJack

The idea here is that we write a story, one sentence at a time.  You must continue the story based on what has been written before.  Let's see where it takes us.  A line of dialogue can be a part of your sentence, or it can be a sentence, depending upon how you feel about it.  If we reach a conclusion, then someone can post THE END after their sentence.  This first one is a Ghost Story.

It was the night before Halloween, the first time that Laura Cotton saw the ghost of Mr. Evan Castle.

"It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer.  That was retorical."- Glinda (Wicked)

Beguile's Mistress

A chilly wind blew around the corners of the house whistling in the eaves and bare tree branches scratched at window screens that hadn't been removed making a horrible noise.

MrDiamondBackJack

Ooc:  thank you for joing in Mistress.

Ic:  Laura felt like the scratching sound was some dark monster, trying to get into her Grandmother's old Victorian house and she regretted deciding to spend the night alone.

"It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer.  That was retorical."- Glinda (Wicked)

Beguile's Mistress

At times, when the wind died down and the outside noises abated somewhat the young woman was convinced she could hear someone moving on the floor above her.

MrDiamondBackJack

She would lay in her Grandmother's guest bed, with its canopy covering, and hear the some of shuffle and thump sounds, as if a man with a bum leg were slowly moving across the old wooden floors.

Spice

And for the first time, since Laura was a wee lass playing with pink and white pinafores whilst sliding down the lemon Pledge polished oaken stairway banister—which was when she had first heard tales of the old, one-legged sea dog, Evan Castle, who allegedly haunted grandmother’s Victorian home over some tragic, long-forgotten love affair—she believed as her small heart raced—thump, thump, thump—in her underdeveloped chest (due to that long ago triple case of typhoid, polio, and pneumonia).

MrDiamondBackJack

On the evening in question, she decided that enoguh was enough and that she would not allow some salty old sailor scare he in her own grandmother's home, so she got out of bed and pulled a sensible gray robe over her pink flannel pajamas and padded quietly across the bed room toward the open door.

(WAY TO GO CORELI!)

Coreli

As she walked down the dimly lit hallway towards the stairs, the thumping suddenly stopped.

MrDiamondBackJack

Oh no you don't thought Laura, because as soon as I get back under the cover, you'll start again!

Ooc:  Welcome Coreli!  Good luck on your application process.

abandoneddolly

So she walked down the dimly lit stairs almost tripping over a cat.

Coreli

The cat hissed back at her, causing her to shreek with fear - a moment later, the thumping continued.

MrDiamondBackJack

"Damnit Miss Strudel, you almost killed me!" she yelled, her chest heaving.

Coreli

"Now, whatever is up these stairs, knows i am here."

MrDiamondBackJack

There was nothing for it put to start going up the stairs anyway, she forced herself to start climbing the steps, on stair at a time, until she was almost at the landing for the third story of her grandmother's old house.

Spice

Robert, Laura's sadistic younger brother almost giggled when he saw his terrified sister creeping up the stairs like some sort of cowering rabbit, but little did he realize that behind him lay that which he but pretended to be, the genuine article known as the late Mr. Evan Castle.

Beguile's Mistress

The wraith that was Evan Castle hung behind Robert gathering energy from the fear that rolled off of Laura in waves and the elemental evil that existed in Robert, for Evan Castle's spirit was bound to avenge an injustice that had been done to him and that had resulted in his death at is own hand, albeit an accidental death not meant to have occurred but which was the result of his attempts to gain revenge on those who had perpetrated his humiliation.

Luella

Then, an idea struck Robert,for he will scare his sister off the stairs right there and then!
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

MrDiamondBackJack

He crouched, waiting with his breath held, as she came up another few stares, while a ghostly specter started to run insubstantial fingers down his spine.

Spice

Robert shrieked with all the force of a particularly small and vicious blue-ribboned Chihuahua in the process of being neutered when the bony, yet incorporeal fingers of Mr. Evan Castle slid down his spine, the sound of which sent his sister Laura fleeing faster than a prom queen running from the blood drenched girl in the center of the dance floor.

MrDiamondBackJack

She fled down the dark hall and down the spiral stairs to the first floor, almost killing herself in the process, to end up in a painful heap on the polished pine floor of the front hallway.

(CORELI-  la vostra presenza ci rende felici)

Beguile's Mistress

Laura, completely unaware of Robert's attempted trickery, picked herself up and ran as though all the hounds of hell were after her as pounding footsteps from above forced visions of the ghostly presence of Evan Castle into her mind.

MrDiamondBackJack

Above her, Robert had become stiff as a board and was slowly rising off of the ground, while a ghostly hand covered his barely beating heart.

(Welcome to E Luella)

Coreli

Each breath was labored as she ran through the house blindly, unsure of where she was going, but certain of where she no longer wished to be.

Spice

Meanwhile back at the top of the stairs where Laura's little brother floated gently off the ground, the incorporeal spirit of Evan Castle was able to take firm possession of the scrawny boy's young body due to the utter darkness that dwelt within the lad's heart, in doing so, Evan vowed he would finally have vengeance upon the descendants of he who had wronged him so many decades ago.

CascataNerina

Robert, now inhabited by the ghost of Mr. Evan Castle, climbed to his feet and began making his way with unsteady steps down the stairs as the personalities fought within the boy's body.