Warhammer 40K: Wrath of Chaos

Started by Krayz, November 24, 2010, 02:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Hey all, I'm a little too busy to join in on this one. THOUGH I do want to wish this rp good luck!

Ok....so right as I was typing the above statement the Chaos in me came out. Is there an option to play a member of the forces of the Dark Gods?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 26, 2010, 03:01:43 PM
Hey all, I'm a little too busy to join in on this one. THOUGH I do want to wish this rp good luck!

Ok....so right as I was typing the above statement the Chaos in me came out. Is there an option to play a member of the forces of the Dark Gods?

We're currently in the voting process to decide that. The side that gets more votes will be played by the players, while the opposite side will be played/NPCed by the GM, Krayz.

I'd also like to say for Krayz's benefit, that while I voted Imperium, it was a 51% to 49% preference thing, and if it gets the game started faster Chaos is totally fine. :P

Hellion000

While I'm almost certainly not going to be playing (sex and Warhammer just do NOT mix in my mind), I absolutely wish this thread nothing but the best of luck and I'm entirely too egotistical to avoid putting in my two cents.

So, with that in mind:

If you're going to go for a codified and linear type rp, you're all but obligated to go with the Imps. Nothing says awesome fucking roleplaying like being the normal joes of the Warhammer 40K universe and getting to beat then rape the various breeds of Astartes and Xenos.

Just sayin'....

Krayz

Quote from: Primarch on November 26, 2010, 03:37:30 PM
I'd also like to say for Krayz's benefit, that while I voted Imperium, it was a 51% to 49% preference thing, and if it gets the game started faster Chaos is totally fine. :P

That makes me feel so much better xD

And on a counter note, my Chaos preference is not overwhelming either, though it's closer to 60-40 for me :P

And at the moment, Zorro, we have one vote for the Imperium, and none for Chaos (I'll only vote as a tie-breaker). So, if you want to see the hordes of Chaos descend upon an Imperial Hive Planet and sacrifice the weak loyalists to the Ruinous Powers, just throw a vote their way :D

@Hellion: If it helps, I hate RP-as-excuse-for-sex myself. But this does leave the option open, lol. I am sorry about the Orks not being an option, but I'm hoping for Chaos myself, and the Imperium is kinda the must-have faction =/ And as has been said above, more than two'll likely just get messy.

Muse

*clunks head* 

My apologies, Crayz.  I was trying to show some support for  your original idea, not drag people down. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

Thinking about it now....playing a campaign as a chaos marine trying to take a world from the Imperium, trying to break heavily entrenched positions, burning and killing what they throw at us, dealing with greater and greater agents of the Imperium could be awesome fun......but I love playing Inquisitor Lords and Grey Knights D:

can't make up mind >.<

Urbanzorro

Well if we play Imperial are we going to be space marines or can we be IG?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Quote from: Urbanzorro on November 26, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
Well if we play Imperial are we going to be space marines or can we be IG?

I believe its player choice of what you play, SM, IG, SOB, Inqusition etc etc.

ChaoticSky

while i am a loyalist at heart, i dont think ive ever actually *played* chaos in a RP. so there is interest there. i could go either way.... perhaps with a slight lean towards chaos, since we are actually considering it.

prim! play a radical inquisitor :P

Primarch

Quote from: Darkling on November 26, 2010, 05:36:50 PM
prim! play a radical inquisitor :P

Oh if I was playing Chaos I'd go with a Khornate Champion or something.

Krayz

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!

Ahahaha, Khornates.

And yes, Zorro, you could play the Guard, Space Marines, Inquisition and their Orders Militant, and pretty much anything you've ever heard of or read about.

'Course, same goes for Chaos.

Primarch

There seems to be a general consensus that either side could be fun to play, but in the interest of speeding up the starting process, would it be possible Krayz, to give us some details on set-up? So we can start preparing a character (I'd be happy to develop both an Imperial and Chaos character) for when the game does end? While we wait for more votes or something?

Krayz

Marius VII. Imperial Hive World. Located within the Romanov Sector of the Segmentum Obscurus, Marius VII lies slightly to the southeast of Cadia and the Eye of Terror. The Hive World began as a mining planet, but quickly developed, like many planets near the Cadian Gate, into a military outpost for fielding troops that would eventually serve in warding off the hordes of the Ruinous Powers. Marius VII was also distinguished by being the base of an Inquisitorial Conclave, assembled to aid in containing the powers of Chaos within the Eye of Terror. Marius VII was not a fortress as much as it was an assembly, where raw recruits might be delivered for training, and military materiel could be distributed.

Without warning, the skies rained fire upon Marius VII as a battlefleet of Chaos warships unleashed hell upon the unsuspecting planet. Following the apocalyptic bombardment came the minions of the Ruinous Powers; the Chaos Space Marines of the Iron Warriors Legion, superhuman warriors and fallen champions of the Imperium now sworn to its destruction; the endless hordes of traitor Guardsmen, mutants and heretics that are known as the Lost and the Damned; the incarnations of the will of the Dark Gods, the terrifying Daemons of Chaos. All these horrors descended upon Marius VII with an inhuman fury and perverse glee, slaughtering all that they could find. The Planetary Defence Force did they best they could, fortifying parts of the planet that could be easily defended, and evacuating what civilians they could into those areas, but most of the planet was consumed by the fires of Chaos in a matter of weeks, with the small strongholds bitterly holding on.

And then, hope descended upon the shattered world as the combined might of the Imperium descended upon Marius VII with a vengeance. The armoured might of several companies from the Imperial Fists Chapter of Space Marines, masters of siege warfare, led the way, followed by a Cadian Battlegroup consisting of the 257th, 132nd, 79th, and 49th Shock Trooper Regiments, as well as the 18th and 43rd Armoured Regiments and the 13th Heavy Tank Company. Several Inquisitor Lords, of both the Ordos Malleus and Hereticus, followed with their Chambers Militant, the Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle; the Daemonhunters led the battles against the the daemonic powers aiding the Ruinous Powers, while the Witch Hunters immediately began to purge any traitors they found.

As the combined might of the Emperor’s warriors descended upon the stricken Marius VII, their first priority was to aid the faltering PDF and strengthen the Imperium’s remaining strongholds on the planet. The first counterattacks shattered the momentum of the Chaos offensive, and the Imperium’s tenuous grip on the planet tightened. However, the Iron Warriors were the chief rivals of the Imperial Fists in the matters of siege warfare during the Great Crusade, and became their most bitter foes during the Horus Heresy. Both sides dug into the endless concrete of Marius VII, and a long, bitter war began as the many heroes and legions of both sides flocked to the standards of battle…

That there be the premise, essentially. I'll come up with some geography for it in a little bit, too :)

Major Major

"Glory for the First Man to Die! CHAAARGE!"

I'm in like Flynn!

One for the IG, reporting for duty, sah!

Primarch

I'll go write up a Inquisitor Lord ^.^ Ooh doing up wargear makes me understand why women love clothes shopping, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. :P

I'll do a Chaos dude as well, but I don't have the latest codex, so it may be a bit out of date, but its not system so it'll just be a guideline anyway!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Primarch on November 27, 2010, 04:56:59 PM
I'll do a Chaos dude as well, but I don't have the latest codex, so it may be a bit out of date, but its not system so it'll just be a guideline anyway!

The current renegades codex is not a patch on the previous one. Trust me, you're not missing anything there.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 27, 2010, 05:19:35 PM
The current renegades codex is not a patch on the previous one. Trust me, you're not missing anything there.

Yes <.< I'm aware. For shame.

Primarch

I know we're not actually putting in characters yet, but I love creating 40k characters so. :P So this is my outline, which if we go with Imperial, I shall develop further. Once I find my Chaos codex I'll start that :D

~~~~~
Name: Inquisitor Lord Crixus Deloeos.
Faction: Daemonhunters/Inqusition
Appearance: At first glance one might not expect Crixus Deloeos to be a lethal Daemonhunter, despite the best efforts of the Inqusitions ability to prolong life and slow down the aging process, he still looks like a man in his late sixties with a stern face, long white hair with a slightly greying tint, his face is somewhat stylized by his facial hair, which comes down the sides and up over his mouth. His eyes are a calm grey and should one shave his head they can see evidence of surgical implants (which among other things have aided prolong his life by hundreds of years). Outside of his armour he actually looks quite thin, having very little bulk (although he is quite toned and in excellent physical condition). He is usually seen wearing very ornate apparel, usually black and gold, with his Inqusitorial Rosetta pinned to his chest. One might actually think he is perhaps an aged Imperial Admiral by the way he carries himself, his stance is confident, powerful, when he walks its with purpose, when he makes an order he expects it to be followed.

Equipment: Terminator Armour, Master Crafted Anointed Daemonhammer (yeah that's right I did it!), Master Crafted Storm Bolter, Emperor's Tarot, Psychic Hood, Bionics, Auspex, Targetor.
Psyker Powers: Hammer Hand, Sanctuary.

ChaoticSky

i refuse to consider characters until i get a final word on whether we be Imperial or Chaos :P

Urbanzorro

I've got a few ideas for a Chaos character, as well as some Imperial ones. I'll be voting for Chaos though.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

So, unless Hairy slipped a vote in without me noticing, we're at

IMPERIUM 2 (Primarch, Major Major)

CHAOS 1 (UrbanZorro)

Darkling, vote please :P

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Krayz on November 27, 2010, 09:20:49 PM
So, unless Hairy slipped a vote in without me noticing, we're at

IMPERIUM 2 (Primarch, Major Major)

CHAOS 1 (UrbanZorro)

Darkling, vote please :P

D: lies and slander! i did too!
Quotewhile i am a loyalist at heart, i dont think ive ever actually *played* chaos in a RP. so there is interest there. i could go either way.... perhaps with a slight lean towards chaos, since we are actually considering it.
so Chaos.

though i want nothing to do with the Iron Warriors... im sure i can work around it.

Urbanzorro

So....we have a tie?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

@Darkling: Sowwy 'bout that. You didn't really seem all that sure of yourself.

Quote from: Krayz on November 27, 2010, 04:08:29 PM
Both sides dug into the endless concrete of Marius VII, and a long, bitter war began as the many heroes and legions of both sides flocked to the standards of battle…

You can do just about whatever the hell you want, Darkling. The Iron Warriors are the mainstay Chaos Marines, but there's room for individual warbands from different legions, or a traitor Imperial Guard regiment instead, or a fallen Inquisitor. Or even a Daemon.

^_^

@Urbanzorro: I'll give it a couple days, and if it remains a tie, I'll cast my vote for Chaos.

HairyHeretic

Hairy is behind on the games he does have, and really shouldn't be starting new ones  :P

Hairy also can't resist at least talking 40k  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.