If I said I had a nice plot, would you hold it against me?

Started by Wolfy, March 03, 2012, 12:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Well, sort of nice...in that, "Cliche meets Cliche" kind of way....

It was inspired from looking at this picture, and I dunno..it's just the first thing that came to mind, really.

Ok, so the basics are that there is a place, a place of infinite white landscapes of sand, a place where its very existence is unknown to mere mortals. This place, it extends infinitesimally into the background, the foreground, and every other ground in between, stretching on and on forever, with no sign of any life, or, to be quite frank, anything, save for one spot, directly in the center. Within this spot, there is a library, a library who's age is uncountable in years, decades, centuries, or even millenniums. It has always existed, both in the past, in the present, and in the future, forever and unchanging. It has been there since time began, and will be there until it ends.

Within this library, there are, of course, books. What would a library be without books, after all? Transcribed on these books, as if by magic, is the history of the world as we know it, with each tome being filled by a certain time period. There is a book for the primordial age, all the way up to the modern age, and then, there are books that go beyond that, books that have transcribed events of the future.

Of course, our world is not the only world that has it's history here, no no. There are other worlds, other universes, who's entire history, past, present, and future are recorded in these tomes, all filed away inside this humble library. It is truly a wonderous place that is beyond reason or comprehension, and seems to be time's storage bank for what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen, and within this library there is, of course, a librarian, a young, beautiful woman, dedicated to taking care of the books upon books within it's walls, to preserving them and keeping them neat, despite the sand blowing in every now and again. She is ageless, bound not by human laws of life or death, she seems to have existed for eternity, always watching over the books, cleaning them, re-sorting them, but most of all, reading them.

This woman, the Librarian, reads every book in the library. She has read them all at least once, and so she re-reads them again and again, finding out what is happening and going to happen, particularly with our human world, but also being interested in others. She sees all, and knows all that goes on in our world.

Which is why it comes as a very, very large shock to her, someone who should not be surprised by anything at all, that a young man (Or woman) comes to the library very unexpectedly. This is something that has never happened before, so of course, the Librarian is intrigued by the new arrival, and asks them all sorts of questions, some of which they can't answer, one such being 'How did you get here?' The new arrival seems to not know, saying that all that had happened was an accident, and they suddenly found themselves here, on the Library's doorstep. The new arrival then asks the Librarian something that she herself can't answer, which surprises and frightens her..."What is this place?"

Now, I can see this roleplay going a few ways..but one of the ones I'm thinking of is that the two find a way to get the new arrival back to their time/home, establishing a link between the two realms, which allows the Librarian to explore in the modern realm, as well as let's the new arrival gain knowledge about what will be happening in the future, something they could use to their advantage.

Either that, or I could also see the two of them striking out from the library to find out what this mysterious place of white sand is, why it exists, and why the new arrival found themselves here instead of someplace else, such as the afterlife, or something else entirely.

@_@ And of course, this all sounded a lot better in my head...and could probably have a lot of errors in grammar and spelling removed. >_>

Although, I dunno..this just kind of came off the top of my head based on that picture, so..I hope it's good. >_< *Self-confidence*

Wolfy

Oh lawd, so many views without any posts...

:-X *sits in the corner and waits for something positive or negative*

Contacaton

Ya know, I'm quite interested in the second way it could go.
I presume you have some basic metaphysical stuff going on as to why that place is there.
Oh well, I suppose you should just pop me a PM and we can get started then.

Hope you liked your positive reply :)
I am a horrible horrible jerk, and you should not trust me.
If you choose to anyway, look here.