The Coliseum [Game Protagonists at War] (Recruiting New Players)

Started by Blue Nova, February 24, 2015, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

Okay an thoughts of where to post first or what team I'm on for this next mission.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: vatovie on May 21, 2015, 04:10:21 PM
Okay an thoughts of where to post first or what team I'm on for this next mission.

Check the chatter thread. ;)

Saric

I have spoken to Blue Nova and claimed War of Darksiders as my Protagonist. A character sheet is under construction.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Outlaw Fallen

"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

aorangi3

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Juggtacular

Lustful Bride

Quote from: aorangi3 on June 03, 2015, 08:13:30 PM
"War...War never changes"     

-Fallout

I vote that in our continuity it was War saying those lines all along. Think about it.

Angie

Oh god I just imagined a cheesy romance novel line: "Never change, War." "Don't worry, my dear," I said, cracking a smile. "I never do."
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Saric

War, Horseman of the Apocalypse
Level 1

Current Occupation: Gladiator/Vigilante

Home World Information: As both a Nephilim and one of the Charred Council's peace keepers and weapons of judgement War travels to any world touched by the Tree of Life/Death but had no world of his own to call home. Recent events saw the destruction of the Middle Kingdom, a realm of Earth, and led to War breaking ties with the Charred Council and setting out to restore the Balance on his own.

Appearance/Style Description: The Horseman War has charged into countless battles astride his spectral steed Ruin, leaving trail of blood and bones in his wake. His eyes and hair are as white as the chill he casts on angels and demons alike, for the fury of his massive sword is unmatched in combat.

Personality: As unyielding as time itself, War is both honorable and savage.
History: War is a Nephilim, a race made by blending Demons and Angels, who took part in that race's unstoppable rampage across the cosmos and put many realms to the sword. Tiring of the endless slaughter War and his siblings, Death, Fury, and Strife, gave their service to the might Keepers of Balance known as the Charred Council in exchange for almost unimaginable power. Their first task? Slay the Nephilim.

Thousands of years later, after long and deadly service to the Balance, War was summoned to Earth for the Apocalypse before it's time, then blamed for the destruction of the Middle Kingdom that Resulted. Banished to the demon-claimed ruins of Earth he launched a quest for justice to restore the Balance and clear his name, that he might Reclaim his Honor. During this quest he discovered that the early Apocalypse was the result of an Angel's plot... and that the Charred Council had known of his innocence all along and both blamed and tormented him in punishment to save face. He cut down all responsible only to discover that the Demons who manipulated the guilty angel had aid from beyond his realm.

Having broken ties with the Charred Council that betrayed him, he set out into the cosmos in search of this mysterious 'Legion' and was drawn to a hellish place known as the 'Nether Realm' and a great tournament that was being held there. Upon finding that the Legion had warriors in the tournament he joined and has so far climbed out of the lower ranks, despite being a solo combatant.

Current Situation: Hunting Evil in a gladiatorial tournament.

Weapon(s):
Chaoseater - Chaoseater is a sword unlike any other. This unforgiving weapon has slaughtered countless enemies, their fate foretold by the death-masks artfully etched along its massive blade. Any many a battle has been decided by Chaoseater's viciously honed edge, which can slice through the thickest demon bone as if it where candle wax. As with many ancient arcane weapons, Chaoseater's true power can only be unleashed by a master equal to its blood-stained legend. Such a master is the Horseman War.

Crossblade - There are many profane weapons scattered about the ash of Man's kingdom. Few can match the speed and lethality of the Croassblade. It is a cluster of four blades that can be thrown with brutal force. After arcing deep into flesh, the Crossblade returns to its wielder's hand, ready to be thrown again. And if that were not enough, the weapon carries an additional, malevolent secret. The Crossblade can absorb the properties of certain elements it passes through - such as fire and plague - and translate them into further mutilation. Even the mightiest of the Dark One's legions would dread a warrior who brandished a weapon of such devastating power.

Abyssal Chain - Death is not always a cacophony of death cries and armor-beating. Sometimes it is a muffled tchink... a silent pause... and a sharp point through the heart. The Abyssal Chain is a supernatural gauntlet forged to deliver such a fate. It fires a spearhead out of its engraved mouth with blinding speed, unspooling a chain behind it. This chain can be retracted to drag a dying foe to an even fouler fate. Or, it can pull the Hook and its master skyward to swing across the wastes.

Stats -

Strength - 3
Agility - 1
Stamina - 4
Power - 2
Reputation - 0 (Not yet recruited)

Special Powers:
Wrath Powers:
Blade Geyser - War slams the ground, causing blades to sprout up around him, dealing damage to anything in the vicinity.

Stoneskin - War's skin becomes as hard as stone.

Shadow flight: War grows wings of shadow allowing for short periods of gliding.

Block: If properly braced against his target War can negate almost any attack and, with proper timing, counterattack almost instantly when their failed strike leaves them off guard.

Strengths: Powerful, tough and implacable. War is as deadly and unstoppable as his namesake and just as prone to leaving ruined fields of corpses.
Weapons Master: War can weld any weapon ever made, by magic or technology, with the skill of a master.
Heavy Armor: Angelic cannons, demonic axes, and massive golems... War has been struck by them all and walked away with nary a scratch.
Channeled Rage: War can channel his rage to loose devastating magical attacks.
Soul Collector: War's time in the ruins of Earth led him to master the skill of collecting souls to heal his wounds, empower his magics... or sell for weapons and power.

Weaknesses: Slow and unwieldy. While War makes an excellent battering ram a dancer he is not.
Lumbering: While War can get up to impressive speeds in a pinch, agile he is not. Jumping is straight forward, climbing slow and meticulous, and don't even think about wall running.
Honorable: While his honorable nature means War is loyal to his friends and respectful of his more honorable enemies it can also lead him into trouble. Like suicide missions to ruined worlds and duals to the death.

((Thoughts?))
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Juggtacular

I'm not a GM, but he looks pretty good. Just I think you should add his War Form if you hadn't intended to. It's a pretty big part of his power set and could help out in a pinch.

Blue Nova

Awesome! I love the Darksider characters, they are so cool!

Though you did spend too many points for your Stats, here are the starting point rules. Which will grow with time.

Other than that the character sheet looks great. Your also just in time to post in the Ragnarok Thread, as they just crashed, and they are taking a roll call of everyone who survived. War could show up while this is happening... something like this -->
<_<   >_>

Once your stats are corrected, move him over to the approved Character Sheets Thread!

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 03, 2015, 09:29:52 PM
I'm not a GM, but he looks pretty good. Just I think you should add his War Form if you hadn't intended to. It's a pretty big part of his power set and could help out in a pinch.

Saric and I discussed gaining the War Form as a Level Up, so its much more potent.  >:)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 03, 2015, 09:35:01 PM
Other than that the character sheet looks great. Your also just in time to post in the Ragnarok Thread, as they just crashed, and they are taking a roll call of everyone who survived. War could show up while this is happening.

If you would like him to enter a specific way within the thread, please contact me in PM and we can work something out.

:) Looks good though!

Saric

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 03, 2015, 09:29:52 PM

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 03, 2015, 09:35:01 PM
*snip*
Though you did spend too many points for your Stats, here are the starting point rules. Which will grow with time.
*snip

Saric and I discussed gaining the War Form as a Level Up, so its much more potent.  >:)

Sorry, I did read the rules on starting stats, I just apparently lost count.

And as Nova said we planed Chaos Form as his first Level Up since it's such a Huge buff.

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 03, 2015, 09:43:22 PM
If you would like him to enter a specific way within the thread, please contact me in PM and we can work something out.

:) Looks good though!

I did specify that he's at the tournament as a contestant, is there a specific way you want him to enter? I haven't read through the thread yet to find out exactly what's going on myself.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Saric on June 03, 2015, 09:45:34 PM

I did specify that he's at the tournament as a contestant, is there a specific way you want him to enter? I haven't read through the thread yet to find out exactly what's going on myself.

He's going to have to enter with the group that is in the thread that was linked above. Currently the protagonists are in different groups, so since the party he would be in has already landed - he could join them up while they venture to the colosseum.

You will want to be part of that thread, because it will get you a level up before entering the colosseum fights.

Saric

Hmmm... Would you prefer the badass slow walk out of the clouds of sand or the flaming meteor crashing to the ground with him rising from the crater? Those being his primary modes of travel when alone. Or there could be a flaming meteor crashing to the ground out of sight followed by the badass slow walk out of the clouds of sand!

War is nothing if not flexible in his approach to being a badass.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Saric on June 03, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
Hmmm... Would you prefer the badass slow walk out of the clouds of sand or the flaming meteor crashing to the ground with him rising from the crater? Those being his primary modes of travel when alone. Or there could be a flaming meteor crashing to the ground out of sight followed by the badass slow walk out of the clouds of sand!

War is nothing if not flexible in his approach to being a badass.

Lol!

Just PM me what you're going to do and 99.5% chance it's going to be alright.

Saric

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

Here is my character for consideration!

Daniel “Danny” Forest

Current Occupation: When Danny came to New York he was shocked to discover that his Pokemon badges did not qualify as a “appropriate education” for a boy his age. He is currently attending High School as a Senior student. Sadly this is only because of his age. His rudimentary understanding of things non-Pokemon oriented, like long division and the American Revolution, have him in a number of Special-Ed. Classes.

Home World Information: Danny comes from the Pokemon Home World, specifically the Unova (Black and White) Region where he was questing to become a Pokemon Master! While Nuvema Town might be where his mother lives, and the place where he grew up, Danny has ventured to and captured Pokemon in a number of additional regions since starting on his quest. Though most of his time has been spent in Unoiva, Kanto, and the Johto regions.

Appearance/Style Description: Danny appears as an older teenager, though his plucky demeanor and energetic personality often make him seem more childish. He has a shortly cut dark hair along with one of the trademark Pokemon trainer baseball cap perched on his head. He wears a red and black zip up hoodie that he earned by getting to the semi-finals of the Pokemon World Tournament. Coupled with a vest, and a set of weathered looking jeans.

Personality: Danny has a bright-eyed, smiley personality. Never having really experienced hardships or true tragedy in his lifetime. He thinks out loud quite a lot, and openly admits that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He loves to laugh, loves his Pokemon,

History: Several years ago Danny left his home in Nuvema Town to begin his journey in becoming a great Pokemon Master. Ever since he was little all he thought about or dreamed about was the future. The Pokemon he would capture, the friends he would meet on the way to Victory Road, the adventures, the victories and defeats, everything that he'd read or learned came along with the trials and tribulations of the best trainers in the world. While every kid his age yearned for the day when the received their starter Pokemon, Daniel Forest was a grade above the rest. At least he thought so. For his starter, the boy chose a Ditto. At first, he was disappointed that this was the only Pokemon that Professor Juniper had available. But now, Ditto and him are best friends. Making it one of his strongest Pokemon.

It has been years since Danny took that first step out of Professor Juniper's office. Danny has collected many badges, tons of Pokemon, and bonded with several other trainers whom Danny considers his best friends. Due to his determination and the trust of his Pokemon, Danny has become a great trainer. He has won tournaments in many regions, both local and national. Likewise (in some circles) he is known as a memorable, if not a bit unusual young man.

This is not to say that Danny has not made some enemies! Specifically Team Rocket, one of the major criminal organizations of the Pokemon world has attacked Danny and tried to steal his Pokemon on many occasions. Luckily, at least for now, he has always managed to trick or beat them in a Pokemon duel.

Perhaps due to his lack of overall confidence in his abilities, Danny has not yet taken the plunge down Victory Road to challenge the Elite Four. Even though he has more than enough badges to qualify. Or perhaps he feels that finally being known as a Pokemon Master by succeeding would mean the grand epic of his tale is finally drawing to a close. Who knows!

Danny has put his training on hold for a very different sort of adventure. What is happening in the different Home Worlds, and the effect of the Legion is known to the man. So, gathering up his Pokemon, Danny has ventured to New York to try and join the resistance fight. Maybe he can even capture a few new types of Pokemon along the way.

Current Situation: Danny is currently in New York, going through school while trying to join in on the fight with the Legion.

Weapon: Danny uses his Pokemon as weapons. What I would like (pending GM approval) is to not be specific about which Pokemon Danny has, that way I can sort of switch between them at my leisure for creative freedom. However, in my “Special Powers” section I will call out specific Pokemon as being his strongest team members. Also, his “go-to” fighters for the more challenging encounters.

Current Team of Pokemon:

1. Ditto -
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

2. Houndoom -

3. Dragonite -

4. Sandslash -

5. Arbok -

6. Gardevoir -

Stats -

Strength - 1
Agility - 1
Stamina - 1
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:

Pokedex – In Danny's world the Pokedex is known for reading off interesting information, history, and the special abilities of Pokemon that it scans. After leaving his Home World, he has discovered that it is capable of doing the same thing when scanning friendly Protagonist or enemy Legion members. If Danny has a chance during battle, he can produce his Pokedex and use the thing to size up his opponents. Gaining useful information that typically assists in the capture, or defeat of his opponent.

Ditto – Being Danny's starter Pokemon, Ditto is the most powerful Pokemon in Danny's entire arsenal. It's ability to morph has expanded greatly ever since entering New York, and combating the Legion. Ditto can change in to a less powerful version of any person/thing it has previously morphed in to. Adopting some of the attacks and special maneuvers of the thing.

Master Ball – This is a one use Special Power that Danny has in his arsenal. The Pokemon Trainer has found a single Master Ball in his journey, and has yet to use it. If used, the Master Ball automatically captures whatever is the subject of his attack. If Danny chooses to use this Master Ball, he may never use it again, and must keep the thing that he has captured.

Strengths:

Pokemon Loyalty – Danny's Pokemon are extremely loyal to their Trainer. Especially those in his main team.

Optimistic Demeanor – Danny has a very positive outlook even in the worst situation. In his mind, hard work and determination will win out every time. He truly believes that good will conquer evil, no matter what.

Weaknesses:

Team Rocket Version of Evil – Danny is extremely naive. Team Rocket, one of the most “evil” organizations from his Home World has several lines they do not cross. As a result, he has a strong belief that bad people are really good at heart. Everyone deserves a second chance, and killing is absolutely wrong. This makes him troublesome in combat considering he would rather let a powerful enemy escape with his life, then kill him. Only to encounter them later stronger, and much better informed as to Danny's abilities.

Trainer, not the Pokemon – Danny is not a fighter, he is a trainer. With the exception of the natural resistances that he gains for just being a Protagonist he has no personal means to defend himself against direct attacks.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Ditto is such a cool idea!

Just curious, did you want to associate a level with the pokemon? Or assume they level up like him. Just wondering for future reference.

BruceTheCat

To be honest I don't really want to treat his Pokemon like their own unique character, except for RP purposes.

When Danny levels up, I will expend the power by giving him or his Pokemon a appropriate power. But effectively I will just treat them almost like Danny's sunmons. Their stats would be reflected in his stats.

It would almost be better to say (stat wise) that all of the numbers represented in this sheet are the stats of his Pomemon, except Reputation. While Danny has 0 in all of his stats.

Does that make sense?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Mmmhmm. But Ditto will be his strongest, since you're using it as a special power.

I'm wondering if you can tie reputation also into loyalty. For instance, the higher Danny's rep is - the more his pokemon are proud of him and have chances on super effective moves.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Blue Nova

Looks great but you need to add 4 starting stat points to your character!

Once you do that, you're approved!

Then post him in the Character Sheets thread.

Mr L

I remember both Red and Avina needing points in Power to make their pokemon more effective. Just a thought :)
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake