Final Fantasy - Interest Check

Started by Cythieus, October 03, 2009, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cythieus

Eh it happens in D&D too, fan classes with D10 HD, pluses to three stats, wings and Magic, when most magic classes are D6 or D4.

Kaiten

If you really need a map I can make a really good realistic looking one due to a Photoshop way that I discovered. Just tell me the basic idea of the map and I can do it.

Zaira

The map looks like it would be a good fit - provides enough locations to travel around a bit (which is something that an FF game would have as a staple I think), without overloading with too much planning on what the cities/towns/locations are like; which can be a lot of work. And of course, my reaction after "Hm. I wonder what the wastes are." is "Ooh, little islands. I wanna visit one." (maybe plunk down a dot on one of them?)
"The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy." - Call of Cthulhu

Cythieus

Quote from: Kaiten on October 03, 2009, 01:14:41 PM
If you really need a map I can make a really good realistic looking one due to a Photoshop way that I discovered. Just tell me the basic idea of the map and I can do it.

Oh I can make maps too, just prefer to use a small one to start, found out the hard way that too much map isn't always a good thing.

Quote from: Zaira on October 03, 2009, 01:17:14 PM
The map looks like it would be a good fit - provides enough locations to travel around a bit (which is something that an FF game would have as a staple I think), without overloading with too much planning on what the cities/towns/locations are like; which can be a lot of work. And of course, my reaction after "Hm. I wonder what the wastes are." is "Ooh, little islands. I wanna visit one." (maybe plunk down a dot on one of them?)

And we could always add to it or make there be more out there, I make maps sometimes, just feel like using this one since the game it was made for didn't get off.

ReijiTabibito

Hm.  So, is there a story premise available?  You know, a simple two or three sentence description of what the story's about without giving anything away?

Cythieus

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on October 03, 2009, 01:19:50 PM
Hm.  So, is there a story premise available?  You know, a simple two or three sentence description of what the story's about without giving anything away?

I have been running a few through my head, one involving Zodiac Braves, which is from tactics. One involving Crystals vanishing from a Castle and rotting the land. Another one, the more fleshed out of the three borrows more from D&D/WW2. During a Great War, the half of the continent where the Waste is was obliterated by some mystic weapon, and someone is moving about, trying to retrieve the weapon and use it to bring the kingdoms under their command.

Actually these could all be the same game, the heroes of light aka the zodiac braves could be chosen when their Crystal is held for ransom to go out and find what is going on and it could all lead to this plot with the weapon. Of course that's really rough.

kckolbe

I'm playing in some of the D6 games, and they are okay, easy to learn, but with a few bugs
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaira

The third, or a merge of all three, seems like a great idea - especially if who's seeking out the weapon is left as a mystery to be revealed through the course of play; along with what exactly the weapon is (good room for twists, I imagine). The idea of being ransomed into helping is also interesting to me, though maybe handled as part of backstory for each character in the individual sense (one doing it out of promised wealth, one bound into it by magic, one for king and country sorta thing). Not sure how that would work though.
"The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy." - Call of Cthulhu

Cythieus

Quote from: kckolbe on October 03, 2009, 01:33:59 PM
I'm playing in some of the D6 games, and they are okay, easy to learn, but with a few bugs
I played D6 Supernatural and D6 Star Wars. It was nice while it lasted.

Quote from: Zaira on October 03, 2009, 01:38:03 PM
The third, or a merge of all three, seems like a great idea - especially if who's seeking out the weapon is left as a mystery to be revealed through the course of play; along with what exactly the weapon is (good room for twists, I imagine). The idea of being ransomed into helping is also interesting to me, though maybe handled as part of backstory for each character in the individual sense (one doing it out of promised wealth, one bound into it by magic, one for king and country sorta thing). Not sure how that would work though.

That's an interesting idea too, I like it. I might start posting the OOC thread soon so we can get to playing this, it seems there is certainly a lot of interest.

ReijiTabibito

Hm.  The combo plot doesn't seem like a bad idea...and yeah, there's a lot of interest, but as far as I can tell, there's only 1 actual girl (Zaira) interested in this - so, guys are going to be playing girls?  And what board are we having this on?

Cythieus

I seem to always play women, we might be able to get one of my friends here if someone wants some man on man action and I sent a link to a few other girls I know. We will wait to see if we can get more before starting, maybe we should have some fun little skits, I kind of plan on playing my character in a rigid archetype for it to be funny.

ReijiTabibito

I noticed Tankou post earlier, he plays women too (and will have to if he wants to be a Viera).  If we can get more actual women, that'd be awesome.  The problem is, didn't you say half a dozen at the most, unless you could get someone to help you?  Seems like we might need that...and we should probably discuss what Jobs the characters are going to be (we don't want a party of Mages, or Fighters - diversity is key).

Cythieus

I didn't expect this level of interest, since its freeform I think it still could work.

kckolbe

Well, if it's freeform I can pass.  I prefer system games really.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Cythieus

That's fine man, I understand, I am the same way on the other forum I go to, but mostly because there's too many people who seem unable to handle not godmodding.

kckolbe

Well, I think in some way godmoding has to happen in freeform, just a manner of what degree.  Although I think systems allow for things like friends becoming enemies and vice versa.  I am a huge FF fan though, mainly the older games.

Intro Thread

Cythieus

When I speak of godmodding, I mean the "ten minute dragon slayer" type.

Rachubka

Oof! You got a lot of responses already... hope there's still room when the time comes. D=

Cythieus

There actually is, you're welcome to it! I will be making a little OOC thread here in a minute!

Doomsday

:D

I would love to be a part of this game. Big Final Fantasy enthusiast.

Cythieus

Awesome, I am posting the thread for it now.

Doomsday

Cool. Though I want to say I'd rather there be no canon characters... As someone asked earlier in the thread. Not really into fanfictions myself.

Cythieus

Doomsday

The GM is still looking to fill a few more slots, if anyone is interested! All original characters in an original setting :-)

Rayne Bluestone

I would be interested but due to what time it is I would not really be completely ready right now. so if someone could pm me or something.