Power [Rules updated, now NC! Still recruiting]

Started by Xillen, January 29, 2011, 06:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Xillen on January 31, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
Again, I want to ask, what kind of dares would you want to ask people that wouldn't fit on the bondage board? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

NC would not fit with the dare, that's right, but it could happen because of the room modifications that the one who has the power could invent. The new room might not be to the taste of all the characters present, but still they would be forced to live in it. Or maybe not? Maybe they are allowed to leave immediately? This is something that must be decided...

As for dare that would be out of the bondage section, I could list:

• Pain
  • Humiliation
  • Filth
  • Pee
  • Cum

Xillen

NC mostly refers to the sexual aspect. Being at a location you don't feel comfortable at doesn't really classify to my knowledge.

Pain, Humiliation and Cum are very much allowed in the Bondage Section. Bondage allows everything that's allowed on the NC boards, except for NC itself.

Filth and Pee would go on the Extreme board, correct. Do people feel it necessary to keep the possibility for them to be involved by dares open? I'm afraid it could be exactly those things that could scare someone off if they were brought up in the game.

I was mostly thinking the same as BigBuckBob. If it runs out well, we could start a second version on the Extreme board and change some rules around (for example, have dares be mandatory when given, though I'd have to come up with rules for that).

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Xillen on February 01, 2011, 12:04:39 AM
NC mostly refers to the sexual aspect. Being at a location you don't feel comfortable at doesn't really classify to my knowledge.

Yes, but that could apply to the room as well. What if Power Person changes the room into a huge pool of cum? Or a dungeon with whips mounted onto rotating wheels, lashing at random around them? Would such rooms be forbidden?

K9GM3

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 01, 2011, 02:24:54 AM
Yes, but that could apply to the room as well. What if Power Person changes the room into a huge pool of cum? Or a dungeon with whips mounted onto rotating wheels, lashing at random around them? Would such rooms be forbidden?
If a person doesn't like those things (I know I wouldn't), they could simply leave until the room is 'normal' again, no?

AurelieCatena

Quote from: K9GM3 on February 01, 2011, 05:05:10 AM
If a person doesn't like those things (I know I wouldn't), they could simply leave until the room is 'normal' again, no?

Yes indeed. If that is allowed, then NC is not needed.

But what if, as the result of an earlier dare, someone is bound or otherwise unable to leave the room?

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 01, 2011, 02:24:54 AM

Ah, that way! That's a good one. I honestly haven't thought about it.

Well, regardless of it being an NC thread or not, I could imagine people being not particularly fond of certain rooms, even if they are fine with NC scenes in general.

IMHO, the safest route here would be that, if the location changes, and you aren't comfortable in the new location, your character doesn't move to the new location with the others, even if he or she is tied up. The player would be unallowed to post for the duration that everyone is in the room, unless he could overcome his earlier reluctance to be present in the room. When the location is altered again, the player could continue playing again.

So players are able to back out when things get too nasty for them, and can come back in again after. It might feel somewhat unrealistic, but that way you could have fun with making up locations, without having to worry about it being pleasing to everyone.

My IRL D&D group for tonight called off, so in a few hours, I should have plenty of time to work stuff out and post the threads.

I will post it in Bondage, so Piss/Scat is out. All your other suggestions are welcome, AurelieCatena.

If it really becomes popular, I'll open a second game in the Extreme boards.

AurelieCatena

Sounds good.

My propositions were not something I am particularly fond of. You asked for examples, I provided. I believe it's better that we imagine what could turn wrong before going for it. Now, you can post it in the Bondage section knowing what you are doing.

Looking forward to enter the room.

Xillen

Yeah, you have my thanks for thinking this over with me. You did give me insight in some things, and I'll be sure to add a footnote on locations and switching.

I hope I also clarified what would still be available within the rules of the game and the forum.

CarnivorousBunny

This game sounds fun.  I'll be willing to give it a shot!
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Lavaske

I think the only problem that could occur with the extreme category is a question of fairness to more vanilla players.

If a rather perverse player manages to grab hold of the power and demand something like watersports (something many people are uncomfortable with), then grants the power to somebody who demands something equally disturbing, who grants powers to another person on the far end of extreme, then we leave the vanilla players out entirely.

But people here at E are pretty responsible.  I don't really figure that this will be too much of a problem.

I vote Extreme.

Xillen

Quote from: Lavaske on February 01, 2011, 09:09:44 AM
I think the only problem that could occur with the extreme category is a question of fairness to more vanilla players.

If a rather perverse player manages to grab hold of the power and demand something like watersports (something many people are uncomfortable with), then grants the power to somebody who demands something equally disturbing, who grants powers to another person on the far end of extreme, then we leave the vanilla players out entirely.

But people here at E are pretty responsible.  I don't really figure that this will be too much of a problem.

I vote Extreme.

You can do the request on a character to character base, giving one character a different dare than another character. So you can give vanilla players vanilla dares and extreme players extreme dares.

But do keep in mind that extreme dares might affect other people reading the thread, or as AurelieCatena suggested, it could involve the location, so for now, I'm keeping the game under Bondage.

Xiphon III

Alright, cool. I like the plan so far.

Xillen

Threads are up!

In Character
Out of Character
Characters
Summary

Do read the rules on the OOC thread before posting. I've made minor adjustments to the 2nd block of rules (basically, whoever has the power will emit a faint golden glow, so he or she is recognizable, and that person will instinctively feel the rules and abilities of Power), and I added the entire 3rd block of rules.

AurelieCatena

Good start.... But it would be better with more players. That should not be very difficult to get some as this is not very demanding. Players can come, play for one round and leave... and come back much later if they want.

Xillen

Indeed, the game has started, but anyone can enter at any time, and we are always looking for more people.

No need to ask, just jump into the Out of Character thread to read the rules, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

Xillen

The game is rolling, but we could use a few more players, especially female characters, but either gender is welcome!

If you are interested, just jump into the Out of Character thread to read the rules, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

Xillen

Aight, while the game is running smoothly (except that we're low on females, could definitely use more females!), there has been some desire for Non-Consensual action outside the Power itself, accessibility to extreme kinks and dares that cannot be denied.

The game in it's current setup will not be altered to meet those needs!

Basically, the game as it is currently is set up in a way where you can never really be forced into a discomforting scene. It's a pretty safe environment as you never have to accept a dare, and with the game being on the Bondage board rather than the NC board, people cannot force your character to do anything you don't want to do. I want people to be able to join the game in this safe environment without ever having to worry about their comfort zones.

However, this makes the game "too soft" for some, and they are looking for more, so I'm planning to open a second, completely separate version on the Extreme boards. This version should meet the desires for NC situations. I can think of several methods:

1. Everyone's equal.

We just change the game around a bit, without worrying too much. Perhaps we could make dares mandatory, or the aforementioned idea that when you suggest a dare, and nobody takes it, you must perform the dare yourself.

Likewise, we could open the game to allow NC actions outside of the Power.

Advantages: Plain and simple, not much adjustment required.

Disadvantages: Not everyone will be comfortable to everything that could possibly occur. This might scare off some people. A way to prevent this is by checking OOC with the players involved, but this could lead to a lot of OOC checking, which might take the fun out of the game.

2. Guests and servants.

Using this method, characters have to decide and state in their sheet if they are a guest or a servant. Guests are like the characters in the first version of the game, and the same rules that apply to characters in the first version apply to guests, with the exception that guests can give and be given dares that contain extreme contents, such as water sports. Guests stumble upon the Power like the characters in the first version do.

Servants are pulled into the room by Power to spice up the game. Unlike guests, servants don't wander upon the place of Power, but Power simply rips through space and time to snatch people from their daily lives and pull them forth into the room or whatever place the Power is. Servants are visibly marked as servants, by a collar or perhaps a tattoo. To keep the game interesting for his guests, the Power enforces certain elements on the servants, such as the uncontrollable urge to perform any dare requested of them.

In addition, when someone earns the power, he or she can use the power to alter the body of one of the servants as he sees fit instead of altering his own body.

Advantages: The split in guests and servants allows people to choose how deep they want to get involved. A guest has all the safety a player has in the first version of the game, while a servant has to face situations without the option to back out of them.

Disadvantages: People have to think about and specify which role they want to take. Also, not all servants will be open to everything that can be tossed at them. OOC consent is still required for certain dares.

3. Master and pet.

Players can choose to be a pet or have pets. It is not unlike the Guests and Servants option, with the Guests relating to Masters and Solo players and the Servants relating to Pets. The main difference is that each pet is directly linked to one master, though a master can have more than one pet.

When a master asks for a dare, the dare could involve him, one or more of his pets, or both. When a pet asks for a dare, the dare could involve him, his master, or both. Regardless of who requested the dare, the master is the one that decides if the dare is taken or not, without the pet having any say in the matter. If the master decides to take the dare, the pet has to comply to the master's wishes, even if the master himself is not even involved in the dare.

When a master or pet completes a dare, it is the master that receives the power and can set the dares, even if the master was not involved in the dare itself. The master can use the power to alter the body of one of his pets, instead of altering his own body.

Advantages: The master can always say no to any dare. If a dare is over the top for the player of a pet, that player could always send the player of his master a PM, OOC requesting the master to decline the dare.

Disadvantages: People not only have to think if they want to be a Solo/Master or Pet player, they also need to find a master if they want to be a pet player. In addition, it would somewhat limit the interaction as there's no point asking your own master for the Power.

Sethala

I think we could easily do a hybrid of 2 and 3, including masters, servants, and pets.  A master's dare to a servant might also be to become a pet for a specific amount of time.  Or a dare for another master could be to become a servant (they'd have to consent to becoming a servant, but after that, anything goes).

As for making sure no one gets weirded out, it should be rather easy to have everyone include a list of limits in their character post.  For instance, while I'm excited about the NC aspect, I'm not a big fan of watersports, so I'd list that in the character post, along with anything else I'd definitely not do.  While most people probably can't list every single thing they won't like, this should avoid the majority of uncomfortable situations.

Also, I'd say that if anyone's going to use the power to change someone else's body, it needs to be fully discussed OOC.

subrob99

AurelieCatena

I vote for option 1.

I do not like options 2 and 3 very much...

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 14, 2011, 02:53:34 AMI vote for option 1.

I do not like options 2 and 3 very much...

And for "forced dares" and NC situations. Would you imagine those being included?

Also, do you think an adjustment to 2 or 3 could work, or is the general idea that some people are affected by different rules the general killer?

AurelieCatena

Yes, there should be ways of enforcing dares. At the minimum, enforcing them once they have been accepted.

And indeed, I do not like that there are different rules for different peoples.

Xillen

Keep in mind that option 1 makes it a lot harder to "enforce" stuff while remaining on everyone's comfort zone.

AurelieCatena

We could have a rule that, when proposed a dare, a player can either accept the dare or do a random dare taken from a list of dares accepted by everybody. Such dares could be:

• Remove a piece of cloth
  • Make a lap-dance
  • Dry-humping
  • etc.

This list would be made-up OOC, to be sure everybody agrees to it.

Of course, if someone refuses the dare but does this "escape" dare, he does not receive the Power.

AurelieCatena

Another solution could be that, along with their character, peoples list the things they won't do. If a dare is given to them that includes something stated in that list, they can refuse it. Otherwise, they have to do it.