Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Power [Players Wanted]
Power [IC]
Power [OOC]
Power [Characters]
Power [Summary]

Game idea

• Everyone wants the Power. Only one character has the Power. The person that has the Power emits a faint golden glow, that makes him or her easier to recognize.
  • Characters that do not have the Power can request the Power from the character that has the Power. The character that has the Power must then give a dare to each character requesting the dare, either the same dare to everyone or different dares for each individual.
  • Dares are not mandatory, but if someone completes his or her dare, the Power must be handed over to him or her.
  • Characters can also request blind dares, which are mandatory, but have the benefit that all other dares are canceled out, so that the person requesting a blind dare is guaranteed to receive the Power.

• Every player is allowed to make one single character. Each character should start out completely human, with no odd features whatsoever. Characters can be male or female, as chosen by the player, but not start as anything in between. Characters are allowed to have clothes, but no other objects when they enter the game.
  • Whenever you complete a dare given to you and gain the Power, you can use the Power for one of the following three effects:
    • Change your character's body. You can change your character's gender, or part thereof, change other features, change size, or turn into a completely different creature that doesn't even resemble a human.
    • Receive an item. You receive one item of your choice, which can be mundane, high-tech or magical in nature.
    • Change the location. You can make changes to the current location, adding and removing features, or change the location entirely.
  • You can only use the Power for one of the three above options each time that you gain the power.

• Since the game has been moved to the Non-Consensual boards, you can now indicate your character as an allowed Non-Consensual victim. you are not allowed to push characters into the position of a Non-Consensual victim, without their approval in the character sheet, the OOC thread, or a PM.
  • For a more detailed version of the rules, see the first post of the Out of Character thread.

What I'm looking for

This is not so much a story as more a game of dares. Still, all participants need to create a character, and roleplay the events.

We are always looking for more players. New players can join the game at any time and start playing right away.

If you are interested, just read the rules in the first post of the Out of Character thread, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

AurelieCatena

This is very clever! I like it very much.

Of course, this is going to depend a lot on who is in the room, but really brilliant idea!

Count me in!

Xillen

Thank you for your interest :)

I'm not thinking of a fixed player group. Obviously, we do need a few people to get things started, which is why the interest thread is up.

However, once things are rolling, other people are welcome to join, create a character and then describe their character entering the scene and optionally requesting the Power.

I'm assuming characters will fall away eventually as well, which is not a problem, unless they have the Power at that time, in which case I'll have to intervene and transfer the Power to someone else.

Lavaske

This looks absolutely awesome.  I'm totally in, if you'll have me.

I'll whip up a character sometime soon for this.  Also, do you want me to try and recruit?  I might be able to invite a couple of my partners in.

Xillen

At this time, I'm only checking if there are enough people interested to give this a chance. Once enough people have shown an interest, I'll set up some threads for it and start the game. Everyone's basically free to post a character and then jump right into the game. :)

You're welcome to recruit people, if you can manage to do so without annoying anyone of course. :)

Ixy

You've got a neat idea.  Hopefully, it will take off.  If possible, I'd like to be considered-- depending on the writing style of those involved.

Xiphon III

Xillen

Seems there's some interest. I'll try setting up the threads later today.

Kate

still looking for more players btw what theme is this EX / light / Bondage ?

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Kate on January 31, 2011, 05:42:52 AM
still looking for more players btw what theme is this EX / light / Bondage ?

It should be EX, or at least bondage...

Xillen

It won't be NC, since you are never required to complete a dare.

I was thinking about Bondage-Exotic, unless one has a specific reason for the thread to be Extreme.

Kate> This game will always be looking for more players :-)

Xiphon III

Yeah, that makes sense. Unless...well, "BSTS," as I say...

Xillen

Xiphon III

Better Safe Than Sorry. Always better to overclassify than to underclassify, and get in trouble for it...

Xillen

"Better safe than sorry" strikes me as bad planning. Of course, I don't have the dares people propose planned at all, so it doesn't apply here. :-)

Still, going Extreme opens up an entire can of kinks people might not want to see in their games. If we go Extreme, where's the limit?

I'll wait a bit with opening the thread to allow people to voice their opinions.

Love And Submission

I'm in because all that glitters is gold......

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Narianna

This is such a creative idea! I am in too many RPs as it is or I would love to join. Just wanted to express my admiration. Good luck with it!

Xillen

Quote from: Narianna on January 31, 2011, 02:13:27 PM
This is such a creative idea! I am in too many RPs as it is or I would love to join. Just wanted to express my admiration. Good luck with it!

There's no need to dedicate yourself to this game. You can just pop in and out as you please.

K9GM3

This sounds very interesting... Count me in.

Lavaske

Xillen, this is your roleplay.  If you don't want to see extreme fetishes in it, go ahead and put it in the Heavy BDSM or whatever.  Possibly even NC.

I personally don't really care for much that makes its way on down to the extreme section and it might not be fair for everyone involved if we involve extreme content.  It would make it very difficult for more vanilla players to get the power.

Xillen

I don't mind to see some extreme stuff in there.

It's not NC as dares are never mandatory. I'd like to have more clear rules about an NC game.

Ok, let me ask it this way:

1) Would any of you shy away if this was posted in Extreme, or if others would perform dares that would fit in Extreme?

2) Would you ask for Extreme dares? If so, what Extreme kinks would you include?

AurelieCatena

If it's too vanilla, it will lose its appeal. At least for me...

I vote for Extreme or heavy BDSM.

BigBuckBob

I vote stick it in bondage, and maybe start a second game or transfer it if people want more extreme dares.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Love And Submission

I'd prefer for it to atleast be NC.
Not exactly into Extreme all that muchbut Bondage is too limiting.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Xillen

How do you envision NC?

The person with the power gives a dare. The other person can either consent with the dare and play it out, or not consent with it and skip it. There would be no space for NC in there.

Bondage-NC-Extreme aren't linear. A game can be Extreme without being NC, and picking NC just because it's in between Bondage and NC doesn't really make sense to me.

Again, I want to ask, what kind of dares would you want to ask people that wouldn't fit on the bondage board? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

I'll leave this open for discussion during the night, and post the threads tomorrow, when I have time for them.

I will give my own character the power, since someone needs to have the power for the game to work, but I won't use one of the actual power abilities, since I didn't earn them.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Xillen on January 31, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
Again, I want to ask, what kind of dares would you want to ask people that wouldn't fit on the bondage board? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

NC would not fit with the dare, that's right, but it could happen because of the room modifications that the one who has the power could invent. The new room might not be to the taste of all the characters present, but still they would be forced to live in it. Or maybe not? Maybe they are allowed to leave immediately? This is something that must be decided...

As for dare that would be out of the bondage section, I could list:

• Pain
  • Humiliation
  • Filth
  • Pee
  • Cum

Xillen

NC mostly refers to the sexual aspect. Being at a location you don't feel comfortable at doesn't really classify to my knowledge.

Pain, Humiliation and Cum are very much allowed in the Bondage Section. Bondage allows everything that's allowed on the NC boards, except for NC itself.

Filth and Pee would go on the Extreme board, correct. Do people feel it necessary to keep the possibility for them to be involved by dares open? I'm afraid it could be exactly those things that could scare someone off if they were brought up in the game.

I was mostly thinking the same as BigBuckBob. If it runs out well, we could start a second version on the Extreme board and change some rules around (for example, have dares be mandatory when given, though I'd have to come up with rules for that).

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Xillen on February 01, 2011, 12:04:39 AM
NC mostly refers to the sexual aspect. Being at a location you don't feel comfortable at doesn't really classify to my knowledge.

Yes, but that could apply to the room as well. What if Power Person changes the room into a huge pool of cum? Or a dungeon with whips mounted onto rotating wheels, lashing at random around them? Would such rooms be forbidden?

K9GM3

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 01, 2011, 02:24:54 AM
Yes, but that could apply to the room as well. What if Power Person changes the room into a huge pool of cum? Or a dungeon with whips mounted onto rotating wheels, lashing at random around them? Would such rooms be forbidden?
If a person doesn't like those things (I know I wouldn't), they could simply leave until the room is 'normal' again, no?

AurelieCatena

Quote from: K9GM3 on February 01, 2011, 05:05:10 AM
If a person doesn't like those things (I know I wouldn't), they could simply leave until the room is 'normal' again, no?

Yes indeed. If that is allowed, then NC is not needed.

But what if, as the result of an earlier dare, someone is bound or otherwise unable to leave the room?

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 01, 2011, 02:24:54 AM

Ah, that way! That's a good one. I honestly haven't thought about it.

Well, regardless of it being an NC thread or not, I could imagine people being not particularly fond of certain rooms, even if they are fine with NC scenes in general.

IMHO, the safest route here would be that, if the location changes, and you aren't comfortable in the new location, your character doesn't move to the new location with the others, even if he or she is tied up. The player would be unallowed to post for the duration that everyone is in the room, unless he could overcome his earlier reluctance to be present in the room. When the location is altered again, the player could continue playing again.

So players are able to back out when things get too nasty for them, and can come back in again after. It might feel somewhat unrealistic, but that way you could have fun with making up locations, without having to worry about it being pleasing to everyone.

My IRL D&D group for tonight called off, so in a few hours, I should have plenty of time to work stuff out and post the threads.

I will post it in Bondage, so Piss/Scat is out. All your other suggestions are welcome, AurelieCatena.

If it really becomes popular, I'll open a second game in the Extreme boards.

AurelieCatena

Sounds good.

My propositions were not something I am particularly fond of. You asked for examples, I provided. I believe it's better that we imagine what could turn wrong before going for it. Now, you can post it in the Bondage section knowing what you are doing.

Looking forward to enter the room.

Xillen

Yeah, you have my thanks for thinking this over with me. You did give me insight in some things, and I'll be sure to add a footnote on locations and switching.

I hope I also clarified what would still be available within the rules of the game and the forum.

CarnivorousBunny

This game sounds fun.  I'll be willing to give it a shot!
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Lavaske

I think the only problem that could occur with the extreme category is a question of fairness to more vanilla players.

If a rather perverse player manages to grab hold of the power and demand something like watersports (something many people are uncomfortable with), then grants the power to somebody who demands something equally disturbing, who grants powers to another person on the far end of extreme, then we leave the vanilla players out entirely.

But people here at E are pretty responsible.  I don't really figure that this will be too much of a problem.

I vote Extreme.

Xillen

Quote from: Lavaske on February 01, 2011, 09:09:44 AM
I think the only problem that could occur with the extreme category is a question of fairness to more vanilla players.

If a rather perverse player manages to grab hold of the power and demand something like watersports (something many people are uncomfortable with), then grants the power to somebody who demands something equally disturbing, who grants powers to another person on the far end of extreme, then we leave the vanilla players out entirely.

But people here at E are pretty responsible.  I don't really figure that this will be too much of a problem.

I vote Extreme.

You can do the request on a character to character base, giving one character a different dare than another character. So you can give vanilla players vanilla dares and extreme players extreme dares.

But do keep in mind that extreme dares might affect other people reading the thread, or as AurelieCatena suggested, it could involve the location, so for now, I'm keeping the game under Bondage.

Xiphon III

Alright, cool. I like the plan so far.

Xillen

Threads are up!

In Character
Out of Character
Characters
Summary

Do read the rules on the OOC thread before posting. I've made minor adjustments to the 2nd block of rules (basically, whoever has the power will emit a faint golden glow, so he or she is recognizable, and that person will instinctively feel the rules and abilities of Power), and I added the entire 3rd block of rules.

AurelieCatena

Good start.... But it would be better with more players. That should not be very difficult to get some as this is not very demanding. Players can come, play for one round and leave... and come back much later if they want.

Xillen

Indeed, the game has started, but anyone can enter at any time, and we are always looking for more people.

No need to ask, just jump into the Out of Character thread to read the rules, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

Xillen

The game is rolling, but we could use a few more players, especially female characters, but either gender is welcome!

If you are interested, just jump into the Out of Character thread to read the rules, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

Xillen

Aight, while the game is running smoothly (except that we're low on females, could definitely use more females!), there has been some desire for Non-Consensual action outside the Power itself, accessibility to extreme kinks and dares that cannot be denied.

The game in it's current setup will not be altered to meet those needs!

Basically, the game as it is currently is set up in a way where you can never really be forced into a discomforting scene. It's a pretty safe environment as you never have to accept a dare, and with the game being on the Bondage board rather than the NC board, people cannot force your character to do anything you don't want to do. I want people to be able to join the game in this safe environment without ever having to worry about their comfort zones.

However, this makes the game "too soft" for some, and they are looking for more, so I'm planning to open a second, completely separate version on the Extreme boards. This version should meet the desires for NC situations. I can think of several methods:

1. Everyone's equal.

We just change the game around a bit, without worrying too much. Perhaps we could make dares mandatory, or the aforementioned idea that when you suggest a dare, and nobody takes it, you must perform the dare yourself.

Likewise, we could open the game to allow NC actions outside of the Power.

Advantages: Plain and simple, not much adjustment required.

Disadvantages: Not everyone will be comfortable to everything that could possibly occur. This might scare off some people. A way to prevent this is by checking OOC with the players involved, but this could lead to a lot of OOC checking, which might take the fun out of the game.

2. Guests and servants.

Using this method, characters have to decide and state in their sheet if they are a guest or a servant. Guests are like the characters in the first version of the game, and the same rules that apply to characters in the first version apply to guests, with the exception that guests can give and be given dares that contain extreme contents, such as water sports. Guests stumble upon the Power like the characters in the first version do.

Servants are pulled into the room by Power to spice up the game. Unlike guests, servants don't wander upon the place of Power, but Power simply rips through space and time to snatch people from their daily lives and pull them forth into the room or whatever place the Power is. Servants are visibly marked as servants, by a collar or perhaps a tattoo. To keep the game interesting for his guests, the Power enforces certain elements on the servants, such as the uncontrollable urge to perform any dare requested of them.

In addition, when someone earns the power, he or she can use the power to alter the body of one of the servants as he sees fit instead of altering his own body.

Advantages: The split in guests and servants allows people to choose how deep they want to get involved. A guest has all the safety a player has in the first version of the game, while a servant has to face situations without the option to back out of them.

Disadvantages: People have to think about and specify which role they want to take. Also, not all servants will be open to everything that can be tossed at them. OOC consent is still required for certain dares.

3. Master and pet.

Players can choose to be a pet or have pets. It is not unlike the Guests and Servants option, with the Guests relating to Masters and Solo players and the Servants relating to Pets. The main difference is that each pet is directly linked to one master, though a master can have more than one pet.

When a master asks for a dare, the dare could involve him, one or more of his pets, or both. When a pet asks for a dare, the dare could involve him, his master, or both. Regardless of who requested the dare, the master is the one that decides if the dare is taken or not, without the pet having any say in the matter. If the master decides to take the dare, the pet has to comply to the master's wishes, even if the master himself is not even involved in the dare.

When a master or pet completes a dare, it is the master that receives the power and can set the dares, even if the master was not involved in the dare itself. The master can use the power to alter the body of one of his pets, instead of altering his own body.

Advantages: The master can always say no to any dare. If a dare is over the top for the player of a pet, that player could always send the player of his master a PM, OOC requesting the master to decline the dare.

Disadvantages: People not only have to think if they want to be a Solo/Master or Pet player, they also need to find a master if they want to be a pet player. In addition, it would somewhat limit the interaction as there's no point asking your own master for the Power.

Sethala

I think we could easily do a hybrid of 2 and 3, including masters, servants, and pets.  A master's dare to a servant might also be to become a pet for a specific amount of time.  Or a dare for another master could be to become a servant (they'd have to consent to becoming a servant, but after that, anything goes).

As for making sure no one gets weirded out, it should be rather easy to have everyone include a list of limits in their character post.  For instance, while I'm excited about the NC aspect, I'm not a big fan of watersports, so I'd list that in the character post, along with anything else I'd definitely not do.  While most people probably can't list every single thing they won't like, this should avoid the majority of uncomfortable situations.

Also, I'd say that if anyone's going to use the power to change someone else's body, it needs to be fully discussed OOC.

subrob99

AurelieCatena

I vote for option 1.

I do not like options 2 and 3 very much...

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 14, 2011, 02:53:34 AMI vote for option 1.

I do not like options 2 and 3 very much...

And for "forced dares" and NC situations. Would you imagine those being included?

Also, do you think an adjustment to 2 or 3 could work, or is the general idea that some people are affected by different rules the general killer?

AurelieCatena

Yes, there should be ways of enforcing dares. At the minimum, enforcing them once they have been accepted.

And indeed, I do not like that there are different rules for different peoples.

Xillen

Keep in mind that option 1 makes it a lot harder to "enforce" stuff while remaining on everyone's comfort zone.

AurelieCatena

We could have a rule that, when proposed a dare, a player can either accept the dare or do a random dare taken from a list of dares accepted by everybody. Such dares could be:

• Remove a piece of cloth
  • Make a lap-dance
  • Dry-humping
  • etc.

This list would be made-up OOC, to be sure everybody agrees to it.

Of course, if someone refuses the dare but does this "escape" dare, he does not receive the Power.

AurelieCatena

Another solution could be that, along with their character, peoples list the things they won't do. If a dare is given to them that includes something stated in that list, they can refuse it. Otherwise, they have to do it.

Xillen

That could be pretty exhaustive list for some people.

How about: The Blind Dare!

Instead of requesting a dare, you could request a blind dare. When you request a blind dare, all currently open dares are revoked, and nobody can request a dare anymore until you completed the requested blind dare.

Advantage: When requesting a blind dare, you are guaranteed to get the power, as all other dares are revoked.

Disadvantage: Blind dares are mandatory. When you request a blind dare, you must complete the dare.

Exception rules: You cannot request a blind dare right after losing the Power. If player A gives the power to player B, then player A cannot request a blind dare, until player B has given the power to someone else. You also cannot request a blind dare when you already requested a normal dare.

Would the "blind dare" have enough of an advantage that people would take it on occasion? Of course, people that take a blind dare need to add a basic list of offs to their character sheet, unless their own O/O list is rather detailed. Likewise, a "blind dare" wouldn't be for everyone. I personally would never take one.

Alternatively, you could use the Guests and Servants idea, but have everyone start as guests, and have people become a servant as part of a dare or similar option.

AurelieCatena

I like these two last suggestions.

I for one would take blind dare.

Also, the idea to be dared to become a servant is interesting, although it should come with an advantage of some sort (because who would like in his right mind to become a servant?)

Xillen

The first one is easier to achieve, I guess. The Blind Dare has the advantage that the Power is guaranteed.

You got any ideas for the second one?

AurelieCatena

Ni, I didn't come with any useful idea. That's a difficult one.

Sethala

Well, if the person becoming a servant still gets full use of the power, and the servant state is only temporary (i.e. "become a servant until you complete another dare"), it might be worthwhile.  Of course, you can't dare a servant into becoming a servant for longer.

Though if we go with that, personally I'd like to have the option to make a permanent servant character...

AurelieCatena

Well, I read again the "guest and servant" option and I realise I had not understood it correctly. I believe now that it would be a good solution. The servant state could be either temporary or permanent.

To add some suspense, we could add some randomness. The servant would be forced to accept a dare with a 50% chance. That is, when they request a dare and one is given to the, they roll a d6. If it rolls 1 to 3, they have to complete the dare, whatever it is. If they roll a 4 to 6, they have the choice to accept it or refuse it.

That could prevent dare-giver to be too harsh with servants.

Or maybe they roll a d100. They start with 10% chance of being forced to complete the dare. But for each request, the chance climbs by 10%. After 10 request, they would be 100% servants, unable to refuse a dare.

Sethala

Not a bad idea.  Maybe the chance to be unable to refuse starts at 25% and goes uo another 25% whenever a dare is refused (and maybe go down some when a dare is completed, forced or not).

Two rules I want to add, though.  First, you can dare anyone that's not a permanent servant into becoming one (either temporarily or permanently), but they can always refuse the dare, even if they're a servant.  Second, if your dare involves a condition on the power's use after the dare, it has to be followed if the dare is accepted, but it can always be refused.

Xillen

I don't want to make it too confusing, but an escape clausal for servants could be ok. For example, they could decline a dare, but then when next asking a dare, they either need to do the dare given, or the dare they refused earlier (So one of two options given by two different people).

Percentages are nice and all, but a lot of bookkeeping. If you don't want to risk it, don't play a servant.

Also, the idea was that people choose to be servants or guests. Those who enjoy forced dares could pick servant, while the rest should pick guest. They can do the same thing with the power, and they gain the power the same way, by completing dares. The main difference is that servants are not allowed to refuse any and all dares like guests can, and servants can have their body altered against their will.

That last detail could be omitted if it would be a problem.

Sethala

You have a point, simple is probably better.  As for changing others with the power, I'm fine with it as long as all changes are discussed OOC  first.  "Normal" non-con stuff is fine, but being forced to play a new character may ruin the game for some, if they didn't approve beforehand.

Sethala

You know, we might get a bit more response on the NC game if it were a new thread instead of tacked on to this one...

AurelieCatena

As for me, I'm not much into body transformation except tattooing, piercing or branding. Non-human appearance does not turn me on.

But I'm all for forced clothing and forced bondage.

Xillen

Quote from: Sethala on February 15, 2011, 10:44:01 AM
You know, we might get a bit more response on the NC game if it were a new thread instead of tacked on to this one...

Perhaps, perhaps not. For now I'm just discussing the outlines of the NC/Exotic version, rather than recruiting players for it, and perhaps this helps draw some attention to the first version of the game.

I'm also not sure if we should start the NC/Exotic version, until the original version has a healthy amount of players. It seems we're currently only 4 or 5 people strong.

AurelieCatena

Yes.... But if an NC version was started, I would probably leave this one to enters the new one.

Although I beginning to feel that this one is slowly drifting towards consensual non-consent, which might do very well with me.

Xillen

Quote from: AurelieCatena on February 15, 2011, 10:57:55 AMYes.... But if an NC version was started, I would probably leave this one to enters the new one.

Yeah, that also worries me slightly. Opening the NC one might kill the first one. Not entirely sure if that's a bad thing, as long as people enjoy the new one.

AurelieCatena

So, maybe we could just move the old one to the NC forum and continue with it, changing the rules along the way.

I'd vote for that option.

NC could be introduced by peoples realising they cannot disobey a dare they have accepted.

And then accepting dares like the one Chug just gave to Lea.

Xillen

Uhm, yeah, that could be an option. Let me post it in the OOC over there, since it seems pretty dead on new arrivals for now.

Sethala

Personally I would prefer to keep both games running, and I'd play in both.  However, that would require enough players to be interested in both games.  If that's not possible, I would prefer to switch the current game to NC, as long as everyone active in the game would continue to play.

subrob99

Maybe with a new version of the game there will be more players interested.

Sethala

That's a good point, it seems there's a good amount more activity on the NC Exotic Freeform boards (which is what I assume this falls under).  And it looks like DTW's the only one still in the game that hasn't said anything in this thread, so...

Xillen

At first, the idea was to post the second version on Extreme, to allow the inclusion of some elements like Watersports, Scat, Bestiality, etc...

However, if we keep it to one game, should we still? Or should we keep it to the NC Exotic boards?

And activity on the boards itself doesn't affect much, since people rarely check those boards for other games, considering most games are closed playerwise.

Sethala

I would prefer NC Exotic over Extreme, although if there's enough vote for it, I wouldn't mind Extreme.

As for the board activity, I just meant that it seemed like there were more people interested in the NC Exotic games than there were for the consensual bondage ones.

Xillen

Yeah, a lot of people like NC, but usually only from one side, giving or receiving. Not everyone enjoys both sides of the coin.

With a predesigned story, it's easy to establish who will do the giving and who will do the receiving. With something like Power it's harder to establish that beforehand. The Guests and Servants idea was basically to establish something like that I guess.

Sethala

Very true, and I still love the guests and servants idea.  Really, I just love the idea of forced dares, or at least dares with a penalty for not following them (which is why I wish I knew about this place early enough to get in your poker game...)

AurelieCatena

I vote for NC exotic as well, although I would not mind Extreme either.

I believe we could have consensual non-consent. At some point a participant accepts/promises/is tricked into accepting that s/he cannot forfeit a dare once it has been accepted, and that those with the Power can use it against them.

As long as you have not accepted that, you cannot be forced to do anything. The NC status should be mentioned in the character sheet, along with a list of limits.

Sethala

Agreed, though I would also like to add that you can never be forced into a dare that forces you into more dares, or that forces you to use the power in a certain way or limits how you can use the power.  You can certainly accept such a dare if it's proposed, of course, but even if you're bound into accepting the next dare, you can refuse dares with those two conditions.

Also, should promises made as part of a dare become binding, such as Lea's most recent dare?  And what promises are binding?  (I suggest that whoever has the power can propose a promise as a/part of a dare, and those promises are binding if accepted, however any other promises are just that.  Exact wording matters, and if there's a dispute as to the intent, it's entirely up to whoever made the dare.)

AurelieCatena

Yes, promises made in a dare should be binding. But also the promises made by those giving a dare. Otherwise it would be unfair. Exact wording matters in both cases.

Sethala

Agreed.  Though I think we should limit how "separated" promises can be before they stop working.  I'd say only promises made by the person giving the dare, or made by the person doing the dare should count.  Promises made with a third party are only bound by honor, nothing more.  (For instance, Chug's promise to Lea that he'd give her a dare she could do wouldn't be binding - it's too far separated.)

And of course, promises only apply if they're possible.  For example, if Lea makes the pillory go away with the power, Alex is free again, even though she promised she'd be bound.  You can't use the power to make your promises impossible (so Alex can't make the pillory go away with the power, and Lea can't make clothes appear on her, although she can create clothes and have them ready for when she can wear them), but you can talk other people into doing so.

(Someone stop me if I'm going too far, I tend to go overboard with these kinds of things...)

AurelieCatena

Now that you say that, I get your point. You are right, only the dares should be enforced. Any other promise should rest on trust and honour.

Sethala

Well, it looks like most of us are in favor of this...

At this point I'd like to ask, what are we waiting on?  It looks like Aurelie's already asking for things to shift to NC in the OOC thread...

Xillen

I've added a poll, to see if people like Non-consensual or Extreme more, and if we should move the current game or open a new game. Feel free to vote!

AurelieCatena> As you said, it's really tricky to do that, as how do you plan to convince someone to take a dare to become a servant. Also, I don't really like temporary servants. That sounds like it's a lot of bookkeeping.

Forced dares can never directly affect how you use the Power. That sounds like a good rule. To clarify, I would like to add that the usefulness of whatever you can do with the Power could be limited. For example, if the dare for Lea to stay naked was a forced dare, she could still use the Power to summon clothes, but it wouldn't be as useful since she wouldn't be allowed to wear them.

Promised binding is a complicated one. It does make sense to keep promises made to complete a dare binding to the person that made the promise. Perhaps something simple like:

You must do your best to complete a promise made to complete a dare. There doesn't need to be a rule to using the power to make that impossible, since using the power in that way would go against the general rule of doing your best to complete a promise. As a rule of thumb, I'd say only promises made to complete a dare are binding, and only to the person that made the promise and consecutively received the power. Anyone else is not affected, and if you make a promise as part of a dare, but someone else beats you to the power, the promise is made, but not enforced by the power.

Sethala

The idea of temporary servants is kind of like the blind dare idea.  If you agree to be a servant until you get the power a second time, say, you get the power right away, but the drawback is you can't refuse the next dare you get.  Personally, I don't see any more bookkeeping than any other promise (such as Chug's latest dare to Lea).  And then of course, you can't force a dare on someone if it involves them being a servant for even longer (essentially, you can't "wish for more wishes").

As for promises, I agree with that proposal.

For the poll, I said I'd like to run two games, but that really depends on how many each game would have after creating it.  If it's not enough to keep the game going, then move it (and maybe try to start up a new one in bondage?)

One last note... should we put a limit on how complex forced dares can be?  Maybe something like, no more than 15-20 words (you can make longer dares, but they won't be forced).  Otherwise I could see things getting a bit out of hand, potentially...

Xillen

Yeah, but basically becoming a temporary servant boils down to your next dare being mandatory. If we go for blind dares, that option seems rather useless and overkill to me.

The guests and servants idea was with permanent servants in mind, not with temporary ones.

AurelieCatena

I like your rules, Xillen.

As for blind dares, I say we keep them and we'll just see if they get used or not... Their attractiveness may vary with peoples and situations.

Sethala

Fair enough.  Thoughts on limiting how complex a forced dare can be, though?

AurelieCatena

I'm against fixing an arbitrary limit.

Let's keep it reasonable. If someone goes too far, we can make him/her change it.

Xillen

It should still make sense as one dare. It can ask you to do more than one thing in a row, but the two things done must be somehow related, even if slightly so.

I don't want to write down hard limits for this, but people shouldn't make forced dares overly complex. They should be of the same complexity as regular dares. If people go over the top, we can sort it out in OOC.

Sethala

Sounds good.

Two questions, then: first, can a dare include a requirement that the target take a blind dare at some point?  (i.e. "you can have the power, but you can't get the power again after it leaves you unless you take a blind dare")  Second, if someone's in the middle of performing a dare, and someone else requests a blind dare, does that revoke the in-progress dare as well?  (For instance, a dare of "strip naked and then have someone lock you into the pillory", if the person strips and someone else asks for a blind dare before the first person gets locked in, does the first dare still get revoked?)

Xillen

Dares in progress get revoked. Dares that are completed do of course not get revoked, so don't go asking for blind dares when someone has already completed his dare and is just waiting to receive the power.

Dares to take a blind dare? Like in: "I dare you to promise me to take a blind dare next time!"? Nah, that sounds abusable. You can never dare someone to take a blind dare, or to take a dare in general for that matter.

Sethala

Hm, that's a pity... (my "idea" is that things like blind dares might be more common if they're suggested by someone, rather than just an option - hence wanting to make someone a servant for a short time).

So, to recap:

Servant system is out completely.
Blind dares are in: Blind dares are enforced upon whoever asks for them, but no one else can ask for or complete a dare after a blind dare is asked for.  Blind dares cannot be overly complex, and they cannot force the victim into doing additional blind dares, or limit how they use the power.
Promises made by the person completing a dare are binding.  Promises made by other people are only binding on their honor.
Power usage cannot make one of your own promises impossible, but it can make someone else's promise impossible.  In case of the latter, there is no penalty.
NC actions (such as taking advantage of someone helpless) are now possible.

Did I miss anything?

AurelieCatena

Xillen

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMHm, that's a pity... (my "idea" is that things like blind dares might be more common if they're suggested by someone, rather than just an option - hence wanting to make someone a servant for a short time).

That's just pushing people into doing a blind dare, which we also said wouldn't be a good thing.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMServant system is out completely.

As a temporary factor for sure. Perhaps if someone would want to play a permanent Servant, we could check into things.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMBlind dares are in: Blind dares are enforced upon whoever asks for them, but no one else can ask for or complete a dare after a blind dare is asked for.  Blind dares cannot be overly complex, and they cannot force the victim into doing additional blind dares, or limit how they use the power.

Correct. The character receiving the dare always decides if they want a normal or a blind dare. Nobody else can force a character to take a blind dare, or ask them to take a blind dare as part of a dare. In short, no dare can refer to blind dares in any way.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMPromises made by the person completing a dare are binding.

But only if the promise was part of the dare.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMPromises made by other people are only binding on their honor.

Yeap.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMPower usage cannot make one of your own promises impossible,

Basically, when you make a binding promise, you need to complete that promise to the best of your abilities, which includes not using the power in such ways that would make it impossible for you to complete your promise, so no separate rule needs to be made for this. If there would be such a rule, it would seriously limit the possibility of promises in blind dares, since there's almost always some way to break your promise using the power, meaning you can basically not be asked to promise anything, due to the earlier mentioned rule.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMbut it can make someone else's promise impossible.  In case of the latter, there is no penalty.

Correct. That would make the remaining promise void.

It's also possible that using the Power makes it harder for others to complete a promise. In that case, they still need to try and complete the promise to the best of their abilities, unless it would no longer match specific formulations of the promise.

Quote from: Sethala on February 16, 2011, 04:39:43 PMNC actions (such as taking advantage of someone helpless) are now possible.

Only when the character's player gives permission in the OOC thread, or the character sheet includes a general permission for receiving NC.

AurelieCatena

I have already modified my character sheet to take this into account.

Kate

Xillen

It most certainly is! And we're always looking for more people.

Just jump into the Out of Character thread to read the rules, post your character in the Characters thread, and then have your character enter the game in the In Character thread.

We are discussing what direction to head the story towards, but you can join at any time.

AurelieCatena

Welcome, Kate!

The nice thing with this game is anybody is free to join or leave it at any time...

And you don't need to read more than a few messages back as your character is not supposed to know what happened before. Just try to see what the environment is and who is present.

Sethala

Well hello there, and welcome to the game!  As Aurelie said, this game's pretty easy to just jump in to; the summary thread lists what each person did with the power (at least it should... *nudges Xillen*), so reading through that should give you an idea of what kinds of weirdness everyone's done.

Xillen

Sethala

Alright, looks like 3 people are interested in moving the game, 2 are interested in keeping it where it is, 4 want the game to be NC, and only one wants Extreme.  As I've mentioned before, I'm only interested in keeping it where it is if enough people will stay to support it, so I'd like to know, if we open up another game in NC/Extreme (don't worry about which yet), who's going to ignore the new game, who's going to jump ship and leave the current one, and who's going to play in both?

Personally, I'm going to stick in both if another game opens up.

subrob99

AurelieCatena

I'll stop here and move to the new thread.

Xillen

Aight, there seems to be a favor for moving the current game, rather than opening a new game, and I agree. I think opening a second game while the player base is this low will undoubtedly kill at least one of the two games after the split.

It seems only one person is interested in moving to Extreme, so I'll stick with NC. I'll contact a moderator.

Sethala

Xillen

The thread has been moved and now allows NC in the game.

Players still need to give permission for NC happening to their character in their character sheet, so do not make it scare you off if you do not like to be on the receiving end.

AurelieCatena

I would like to remind everybody that this roleplay is constantly open to new players. It is very easy to enter as nearly no knowledge of what has been going on is needed. You should only read the summary thread and the character thread, and everything will flow easily from there. Also, you can always leave it and come back later.