Front Mission: Retribution of Jericho [OPEN!]

Started by MzHyde, August 05, 2012, 12:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Sure, though if you still want to be long range you could go with a missile pod and a grenade launcher.

Kevben Battleheart

Slight edits have been made, but the bio will be up tomorrow after work.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

MzHyde

That loadout is more than likely too heavy. You're going to have to ditch the shotgun or the grenade launcher, to make it a little more balanced.

TheHangedOne

Wait..is it my imagine, or does he have three backpacks now?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MzHyde

Mmhmm, that he does. That needs to be fixed as well.

AKunoichi

Oh wow, people.

I'll come up with a person in the morning or something.

Roxy Rocket

snip

MzHyde

As much as I love the bio and how well written it is, she has no skills that would make her valuable to the team. She needs actual combat experience, or at least some skill that would prove useful in a combat mission.

Roxy Rocket

Yup. Thought so.

My head is in a very different place than other peoples so I'm dropping out.

MzHyde

Still need more recruits! C'mon people, show some love for giant robots!

AKunoichi

Shjade

I has questions:

- Is this basically all players vs. Durai?

- What version(s) of Front Mission are we supposed to use for reference on loadouts? I get the impression some things change from one version of the game to the next. FM4's the only one I'm familiar with so I've been using that one so far for my theoretical build, but in researching a little it seems like shields work differently in some games compared to others, specifically with regard to how guarding and dodging work, though maybe I'm just misreading...

-...and on a related note, is there some system involved with this or is it freeform?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

MzHyde

1)Not Durai alone. He has his own crop of followers to contend with. Once the game begins, you'll see what I mean. I have a lot of action and story beats planned already, so things will always be exciting.

2&3) There is no system, it's all free form. You don't even have to specify parts or weapons if you don't want to. Just pick a wanzer from the available types and a load out (as long as its nothing too crazy) and go. As far as timeline goes, this takes place after the second Huffman Island conflict ie; just after FM1.

I'm not too picky, really. My highest concern is that the players have fun. ;)

Shjade

Ah, hokay then.

*stops looking up weight/power ratios for things* >.>;;
◕/◕'s

MzHyde

Haha. No need to get that deep. There will be lots of combat to be sure, but What's most important will be the story and the teams relationship as they fight together. I have some lovely twists in store.

AKunoichi

-Name: Yonin, Vanessa "Vulture" (wont tell people her real name and prefers to be called by her Arena name or Big sis.)
-Ht: 5ft9
-Wt: 122lbs

Bio,
A war orphan from Huffman island, Vanessa took care of herself and other orphan kids by scavenging the battlefields. Having lost her family in what she perceives as a pointless war, she grew to hate the OCU and USN, as well as the military in general. Eventualy she graduated from stealing from corpses to sneaking into military camps and even hijacking wanzers. At first she just sold them for scrap, but eventually she realized her talent in wanzer piloting and entered the arena, where she saw moderate success. Eventually earning a job as a mercenary.
Vanessa, or Vulture as she prefers to be called, spends most of her earnings on supporting her brothers and sisters back in the Orphanage now that the huffman island conflict is over. However she finds her talents as a pilot make her best suited for the kind of job she hates the most. She justifies becoming a mercenary with the argument that it gives her an opportunity to kill soldiers, and that the money is going to a good cause.

Skills,
-Close combat/evasion
-Wanzer maintenance/repair
-Scavenging/jury rigging
-Stealth (only on foot)
-Whoring

Wanzer,
A red Calm named Carrion, armed with two machine guns and a repair backpack. It's cobbled together from spare parts and looks like a piece of junk, but she keeps it running properly.

(Does anybody know how to resize images?)

MzHyde

Nicely done, AK. As of right now, I've got you, myself (profile up later tonight) and HangedMan. Still waiting on Kevben to adjust his. Shjade, will you be creating one as well? We should be just about ready to go, as I want the group to be fairly small. 5-8 or so.

MzHyde

Pilot Info:
-Name: Saunders, Halle - "Grim"
-Ht: 6'0''
-Wt: 145lbs

Appearance:Tall and athletic, generally dressing in her flight suit. She often wears a tan duster or other long coat over it while off base or in climes that require such protection. Since a certain incident she walks with a limp on her left leg and sports an x-shaped facial scar upon her left cheek. More scars criss-cross the left side of her body. She always appears neat and in order and has a very serious demeanor.

Bio:Halle's childhood was fairly typical. She was born and raised in the USN, in New York City. By all accounts she led and average life. Average grades, average friends, average family. Things didn't pick up for her until she joined the army. Once enlisted she quickly proved herself a valuble soldier and after putting in some time with the 42nd platoon she was asked to join the Hell's Wall unit. In other countries Hell's Wall has a reputation for violence and hot tempered pilots, but in the USN the story is quite different. Hell's Wall is, in actuality, a unit called in when the army is severely outnumbered. This highly capable wanzer division steps into the line of fire, buying time for other troops to retreat. The battlefield is Hell, and they are the wall. It was during her time with this unit that Jericho Durai joined the USN. Halle was selected to go on a mission with the ex-OCU soldier. During this mission, [CLASSIFIED]

Skills:Tactics, Calm Demeanor, Marksmanship

Wanzer Info:
-Type: Frost HW - "Reaper" - Red color, Hell's Wall emblem
-Weapons: Rifle, Shield, Chaff

TheHangedOne

Made the teeniest tiniest tweak to my profile. Just specified that his mech has urban camo colors, and OMON emblems on the shoulders. A small detail, but I am a stickler for details.
Check out my poet tree!

Shjade

I will indeed. Bio is more of a personality workup than a history since, well, I'm not familiar with much of Front Mission's setting or history, which would make it hard to write about. Let me know if it needs tweaking?

Pilot Info
Name: Singh, Kira - "Himsa" (Sanskrit: violence, harm, to injure)
Sex: F
Ht: 5'6"
Wt: 132 lbs.

Appearance
Kira typically wears her hair long and doesn't fuss much with it, providing a fairly unkempt look that meshes with the rest of her often casual ensemble, at least when she's off-duty. She tends toward loose-fitting cotton, comfortable clothes rather than fashionable, with the exception of nights she's planning to go out on the town which calls for something more appealing, a closer fit that will exhibit her svelte figure to prime advantage. Her eyes are a brown so dark they could pass for black in low lighting.

Bio
While her official combat role is clearly designated, it's been jokingly suggested by a few of Kira's peers in the OCU army that her real specialty is compartmentalization. Outside of combat situations she's personable, outgoing. She makes a point of spending time with members of her unit to bring everyone together and have a little fun, keep the group dynamics healthy, a practice she's followed since late in her training and recruitment stage. Her family - parents and a younger brother - live in Mandurah, Australia where she visits them regularly, though never to talk about work. She maintains a close circle of friends outside the military and, up until recently, had been in a relationship with a nice boy from Thakek.

Inside a wanzer, in a combat situation? Well...an excerpt from one of her early career training reports explains the difference fairly well.

"TRN Singh issued firearm rigged to misfire and jam during simulation, single enemy wanzer engagement.
Simulation intent: force trainee to disengage from field, await support to disable pursuer.
Trainer failed to anticipate TRN Singh choice to use firearm as non-projectile weapon instead of retreat.
Outcome: Pass, with reservation. TRN Singh pay docked 10 months toward repair cost of damaged firearm, retrofit of battered pursuit wanzer."

Psych evaluations are standard procedure for all wanzer pilots and Kira's never failed one; her vim in battle isn't drawn from irrational rage or berserk fury or the like. Her history holds no tragic stories of military or terrorist action destroying a loved one or personally impacting her life at all. She has no vengeance to seek, no passion to pursue on the battlefield. She simply joined the army out of the sense that it was the right thing for her to do and she has proven herself an individual who excels at disrupting enemy formations with her fearlessness and swift action in the field. If she has not yet been considered for higher-ranking positions it is most likely due to a lack of apparent interest in climbing the chain of command.

Skills
Excellent action and reaction time; close-combat focus, particularly in maximizing disruption of the enemy with pressure; fluidity of engagement and disengagement; evasion.
(Just for the hell of it, the skill set I had in mind for her in FM4 terms: Defense I, AP Cost: -8, Feint II, Charge II, Blast Strike I, Escape I)

Wanzer Info
Type: Zenith - "Gada" (Sanskrit: club, specifically a mace named for the demon Gada from whose bones it was made for Vishnu)
Loadout:
RH: F-5 Hand Rod
LH: F-5 Hand Rod or SN-40 (second rod on most offensive missions; shield on most defensive missions)
RS: n/a
LS: n/a
Pack: JP5-Wren
◕/◕'s

MzHyde

I quite like it! Bravo, Shjade. Looks like we have two assault, one melee, and one long range. Good enough balance to kick things off with and if more join we can work them in later (or before things take off). I'll post up the OOC and IC tomorrow evening.

MzHyde

I have added both the OOC and IC topics. Enjoy and welcome aboard!

AKunoichi

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

AKunoichi

hate it when that happens, it's better to post new things in the back instead of edit the front.