Bank of America buying up hundreds of abusive domain names

Started by Vekseid, December 23, 2010, 03:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Vekseid on January 08, 2011, 09:14:58 PM
Well that they're buying domains for a random set of executives seems to suggest that they consider the threat at least somewhat credible, and don't have many ideas about what the contents are besides a very thoughtful analysis of publicly available information.

It's killing me, the curiosity on what the Execs think is coming. I'm betting what they THINK is might be a LOT worse than what is actually on the poison pill drive.

AtlasEros

"The company has been aggressively registering domain names including its Board of Directors’ and senior executives’ names followed by “sucks” and 'blows'," that is funny.  We use them for our credit cards, they are pretty good.  If anyone has a child they are saving for college for, they should check out the U promise card, really good deal---free money for college.

O/O

Vekseid

Reading through the HBGary e-mails, the sheer level of false confidence involved may suggest that they had something to do with these registrations.

And these were registered with MarkMonitor. Through an intermediary.

I wonder if Bank of America is going to lose more because of this crowd of losers than the Wikileaks release itself.

gaggedLouise

Check out at http://archive.org (through the "way-back machine") the short story that used to be at www.fuckthepolice.com! Recently, that domain name has been bought up and the old page removed - could it be the Bank of America, the FBI, or someone else?  ::)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Callie Del Noire

Didn't some anti-hate group buy up a lot of potential hate site names a while back?

Aludiana of the Dusk

This whole thing amuses me to no end. It kind of reminds me of that video they showed during the cold war era when there was the fear of nuclear war with Russia. Just duck and cover your head, and you'll be fine.

Bank of America right now, I think is ducking and covering their head.

It will be very interesting to see their reaction if they aren't mentioned in the leak at all; because this will make them look like they were up to something really shady.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Callie Del Noire

Julian Assange strikes me as a bit of an egomaniac BUT from what I can tell he doesn't bluff on this scale. If he has SOMETHING, it will be embarrassing BUT I think part of what he is doing is letting them stew in their juices. Whatever he has, you can be certain the spin doctors is fearing much much much worse.

Aludiana of the Dusk

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 11, 2011, 09:13:14 PM
Julian Assange strikes me as a bit of an egomaniac BUT from what I can tell he doesn't bluff on this scale. If he has SOMETHING, it will be embarrassing BUT I think part of what he is doing is letting them stew in their juices. Whatever he has, you can be certain the spin doctors is fearing much much much worse.

Oh, of course. Nothing anyone does is entirely on the level, everybody has their own agendas (even me). But the kind of not on the level things that people will do when they are in positions of power is just scary.
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~