recruiting: Pathfinder Skulls and shackles AP second/third table LF2m

Started by Tamhansen, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSithChicken

Quote from: freeko on March 18, 2016, 11:39:01 PM
For Kebechet, your rules question is not really a question at all. You cannot have both Archetypes as you cannot take a second archetype that modifies or changes the same base ability. You can have one or the other archetype but not both at least from the color of the rules as they are written.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes It is literally the last line of text on the bottom of the listing.

You missed where I acknowledged that very fact, offered a compromise, and asked for a GM ruling.

Tamhansen

Darkprince. Normally I'd be willing to entertain such ideas and test their viability, but due to time constraints I'm going to have to say if it's not in the rules I'm not going to allow it.

Phaia yes, especially the first part does contain quite a few rolls like that. So everyone who min/maxes will put themselves at a considerable disadvantage, as what I guess you're hinting on. To be fair, min-maxing in pathfinder always seems like such a great idea, until the point where a gm actually plays on the min part. And that will happen on this campaign.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chulanowa

I've got what's shaping up to be a cleric or druid in the cooker (maybe Ranger, as a long shot?) but... it's super late and my brain is all wuzzy, so... I'll get back to it after sleeping!

freeko

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 19, 2016, 06:02:13 AM
Phaia yes, especially the first part does contain quite a few rolls like that. So everyone who min/maxes will put themselves at a considerable disadvantage, as what I guess you're hinting on. To be fair, min-maxing in pathfinder always seems like such a great idea, until the point where a gm actually plays on the min part. And that will happen on this campaign.

But.. but.. I like being taken advantage of!

Phaia

Quote from: freeko on March 19, 2016, 08:24:46 AM
But.. but.. I like being taken advantage of!

"okay okay you win, I wont fight over this...this time... there is way more of the shiny coppery coins then any of the others and you can have them all...Darn it you will have a huge pile of coins when we are done with this...I suppose you want that shiny sword too and not that silly old belt!!...okay okay....it's yours"

***Misty would never take advantage of a low int and low wis antipaladin...noo nahhhh never!!!

Phaia

mellowdude

No one is making a ninja in the pirate campaign? I am disappoint :P

Phaia

I believe I am done with my character!!  :o :o
@Tamhansen , do you need any more history? I know it is short but it works!

Phaia

Alizar 'Misty' de Har'eakle
Female Neutral Tiefling Witch, Level 1, Init 7, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0,   Action Points 0
  Dagger x2 +0 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
  Dagger-Thrown +3 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
  Mage Armor (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10
Condition None
Spells 0) Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic-- 1) Cure Light Wounds, Mage Armor
Spell Like Abilities Prestidigitation 3/day, Darkness 1/day
Hexes Evil Eye, Slumber
Skills Perception +10, Lore-Ships of the Shackles +8, Chef +5, Sailor +5, Knowledge-Arcana +8, Knowledge-Nature +8, Spellcraft +8, Swim +5

Witch's Familiar 'Ratter'

N Tiny animal
Init +6; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +4

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +2 size)
hp 6 (1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., swim 20 ft.
Melee bite +1 (1d3–1 plus poison)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 12; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.

STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 9
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills Perception +5, Swim +10, Init +6
Misty NSFW

Description: Misty is 5 feet, 7 inches tall, with a slim almost delicate looking build. Her deep blue eyes seem to see everything around her. Even though she is a Tiefling, Misty can easy pass as a human, though with porcelain hued skin and white hair she would be exotic looking. She likes bright colored clothing as well as bright makeup. Being very pretty, Misty often seems to get attention from males and even females. The most unusual aspect if anyone ever notices is that she casts no shadow normally, save when she uses her witch powers and casts a hex. A shadow then appears, that is big with wings, horns, claws and a tail. Also her eyes glow red when she casts a hex.
Personality: Alizar de Har'eakle has a normal personality. A quiet but wicked sense of humor and a deep passion for things she really likes. She keeps a normal way of seeing the world [Neutral] but tends to do in the long run what is best for her. If that means helping with the sick or killing a downed foe, she does what is needed.
Quirks: She collects scrimshaw and currently has a few pieces stuck in with her gear. She likes to cook. Misty knows ships, not just as a sailor but what they can do and who has what ships and how they sail. She likes being clean either with hot baths or using her cantrips.
Sexuality: Heterosexual with strong bisexual aspects

History: Her family are a long line of merchants and sometime smugglers. The family ship was called 'Star Dancer'. After a bad season and attacks by pirates that destroyed most everything, Misty is adrift and looking. She has spent all her life on or around the ocean and loves being there.

Unknown Background

Legend has that Tieflings were the offspring of humans and fiends. One bloodline stood above the others. Sired by the greatest of the dark lords with a family of royal blood. Many powerful males were created, though it was the females of the line that was most unusual. Able pass for humans with pale skin and white hair, they were powerful witches. Those females were often taken as consorts or sex toys to the fiendish lords. The family line lead the rebellion against the dark lords helping to win the freedom for the Tieflings but at great cost. Every member of the bloodline was supposedly hunted down and destroyed. Yet clearly at least one escaped. Alizar de Har'eakle has no idea about any of this or that in some learned areas she might very well be considered at least a noble if not royalty. The fiendish lords would love to regain one of her kind as well since the legends speak of the passions within the pale skinned females.

Phaia

are the rest of ya all done yet? are you done yet? done yet ....
???
???
???
8-) ???
How bout now done yet?
??? ???
:o
::)
Are ya done yet?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Are ya all done yet?

https://youtu.be/0_Zvy5YXRds

TFcommando

Not yet!  Need to find a good pic, a good name, minmax stats a little less, check some other feats...

As a noble with high charisma and a lot of social skills, she might end up being the captain. Someone else might be the sailing master with the actual naval skills.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Chulanowa

Still working on my spare :) I have a solid idea going in, I just need an image to make a final decision on. Failing that it's like "Screw it, lizardfolk fighter!"

Phaia

I have like 15 gigs of images collected what are you looking for?

Phaia

Chulanowa

That's... a lot of images.

I'm looking towards a Cleric / Druid / Shaman / Warpriest dedicated to Gozreh. Preferably darker-skinned, or "aquatic." The character in my head is trans, but I'm gonna use a female picture. I've got a few of my own, plus more blogs and albums online htan I really know what to do with  :-)

TFcommando

Taldans have Greek-esque coloration, sort of.... Thinking of finding some of the curvier Sailor Pluto fan art around.

Or, going against the usual sexy sorceress body type, something more thick/BBW (but still brazen and shameless in attitude).
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on March 20, 2016, 02:53:39 AM
Taldans have Greek-esque coloration, sort of.... Thinking of finding some of the curvier Sailor Pluto fan art around.

Or, going against the usual sexy sorceress body type, something more thick/BBW (but still brazen and shameless in attitude).

So something like...

No need to go down the dark path of anime when there's a whole world of delightful fantasy art already out there  ;D

DeviantMunster

Phaia

TFc and Chulan you may want to check this thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224233.0

Loads of arabian/darker skinned looks here.

Phaia

TFcommando

#4 is nice, though this is the sort of build I was picturing.

Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Phaia

Quote from: TFcommando on March 20, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
#4 is nice, though this is the sort of build I was picturing.

<just shakes her head>  ::) ::) ::) you boys are so so predictable. HUGE breasts and big hips!!
I am curious as to why so far not a single male is playing a male character?

Phaia

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on March 20, 2016, 11:15:07 AM
<just shakes her head>  ::) ::) ::) you boys are so so predictable. HUGE breasts and big hips!!
I am curious as to why so far not a single male is playing a male character?

Phaia

Well, I was going with a character that is male on the chromosome level... working with the whole duality of Gozreh thing (the god is both male and female, storm and water, that sorta thing.) I find that females in fantasy art just tend to have more vatiety, while males are just like, all desperate power fantasy. Like WWE performers with emotional problems. Ever play WoW, see a male human mage? Dude looks like a truck in a bathrobe. The exception tend to me anime bishis. Finind a "middle ground" there is kinda tough!

Tamhansen

Was going to comment about playing a male, until I realised this was the thread I'm gm'ing not the one in which I'm hoping to play.

I'll finish the groups later today.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 20, 2016, 12:26:01 PM
Well, I was going with a character that is male on the chromosome level... working with the whole duality of Gozreh thing (the god is both male and female, storm and water, that sorta thing.) I find that females in fantasy art just tend to have more vatiety, while males are just like, all desperate power fantasy. Like WWE performers with emotional problems. Ever play WoW, see a male human mage? Dude looks like a truck in a bathrobe. The exception tend to me anime bishis. Finind a "middle ground" there is kinda tough!

Okay Chulanowa, I played the orginial EQ [and was told many times I was a guy in disguise since 'chicks don't play MMOs] so I kinda understand the idea of wanting to play a female there in MMO. There are a lot of really good male fantasy images out there these days. It was true some years back that  most of the males looked kinda ragged but I have seen very drool worthy fantasy males in a lot of places.

My question now is why the need to play an anime s**t? That image and almost all I see males use tend to be what I call anime s**ts or at least the ideal of what teenage fan boys see as that way. As a woman I try for real looking or at least a proper build for my characters. Granted many are very pretty but that is fine for fantasy or a game. To use your own view for me that image is a fan boy WWE Deva.

I find an image like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/418905202817051980/  far more sexy then anime...but then I loathe the anime bat wing ears that droop out to the sides!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498421883737450427/ This link has some very hot looking males, fantasy and built for what they seem to be using, some lean and others very muscled.

Phaia

Phaia

Chulanowa

Quote from: Phaia on March 20, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
Okay Chulanowa, I played the orginial EQ [and was told many times I was a guy in disguise since 'chicks don't play MMOs] so I kinda understand the idea of wanting to play a female there in MMO. There are a lot of really good male fantasy images out there these days. It was true some years back that  most of the males looked kinda ragged but I have seen very drool worthy fantasy males in a lot of places.

My question now is why the need to play an anime s**t? That image and almost all I see males use tend to be what I call anime s**ts or at least the ideal of what teenage fan boys see as that way. As a woman I try for real looking or at least a proper build for my characters. Granted many are very pretty but that is fine for fantasy or a game. To use your own view for me that image is a fan boy WWE Deva.

I find an image like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/418905202817051980/  far more sexy then anime...but then I loathe the anime bat wing ears that droop out to the sides!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498421883737450427/ This link has some very hot looking males, fantasy and built for what they seem to be using, some lean and others very muscled.

Phaia

I... I still play the original EQ. Project 1999, mostly I just run around and feel nostalgia as a standard action  ;D

I don't get the anime thing, myself. I prefer much more detail. I mean now and then I like some stuff that obviously draws from the anime / manga style (and it's next to impossible to avoid these days anyway) but there's still personality and detail there. Most straight-up anime images are very flat to me, like blank manikins whose personality is defined purely by the wig  and fashion accessories. If I'm gonna be looking at outlandisly-proportioned ladies in improbable clothing, at least give me some Clyde Caldwell or Frank Franzetta!

Neat link! I see a few that are worth popping into a folder there, and on the "Arabian Nights" thread ya linked before.

Phaia

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 20, 2016, 04:38:35 PM
I... I still play the original EQ. Project 1999, mostly I just run around and feel nostalgia as a standard action  ;D

Were you around for the attack on Kerafyrm the sleeper? I was on a different server but can remember seeing the full region posts and stopping what I am others were doing to follow along and cheer!! Then making sure to log in a newbie a couple of nights later into server to cheer on the guilds in the second and final attempt to kill the unkillable!

Those were the times and EQ always had such good looking male and female avis compared two later games like EQ2.

Phaia