Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)

Started by Crash, February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Crash on March 03, 2015, 12:46:55 PM
Have I missed anyone waiting for approval?
Not entirely happy with it, but I think it's done...  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224117.msg11017285#msg11017285

Also, my character might have connections to anyone in the slave trade, on either side of the business.  Or with someone that finds slavery offensive and works to eliminate human traffic.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Sain

Sabre still up for some conflict with Zidir I hope :p?

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 03, 2015, 01:40:14 PM
Not entirely happy with it, but I think it's done...  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224117.msg11017285#msg11017285

Also, my character might have connections to anyone in the slave trade, on either side of the business.  Or with someone that finds slavery offensive and works to eliminate human traffic.

So Ablah is getting sold around a bit to cover her connection with the Emir? I suppose Zidir's might be one of those pit stops if he thinks he could resell for profit. We were plotting with Amarlo to have some conflict within his slavery due to N’ebthe's personality. Might be fun to throw Ablah in the mix there.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Sain on March 03, 2015, 03:35:32 PM
Sabre still up for some conflict with Zidir I hope :p?

So Ablah is getting sold around a bit to cover her connection with the Emir? I suppose Zidir's might be one of those pit stops if he thinks he could resell for profit. We were plotting with Amarlo to have some conflict within his slavery due to N’ebthe's personality. Might be fun to throw Ablah in the mix there.
Basically, yes her ownership/alliance is being "laundered" through the slave markets.  Though she told the Emir she wasn't an assassin, and he might just be trying to get rid of her because he blames her for the loss of his favorite concubine or for other reasons.   He didn't have her killed, so he's obviously not that angry at her.

la dame en noir

I think maybe, if I can form a few connections for Oshun - I can finish this profile sometime this week. Anyone up to it?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Crash

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 03, 2015, 05:21:33 PM
I think maybe, if I can form a few connections for Oshun - I can finish this profile sometime this week. Anyone up to it?

I will look over what you have again and let you know.  I have one more character/npc to put up that might be in need of connections.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Kuroneko

Okay, here it is ...

Name: Shazadi dar al-Hajaya dar Rwala dar Dulam
Player: Kuroneko
Concept: Priestess and Gifted Seer, part time thief when circumstances require it.
Trouble: Episodes of True Sight, prophecy and visions subject Shazadi to memory or time loss. These blackouts can last several minutes – or several hours. There are also one or two high born residents of Sha’ib that didn’t care for her predictions – or that they came true.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heteroflexible
On’s : Pleasure of all kinds, including music, art, sleeping late, sensuality, Player’s Ons
Off’s: Chastity, abuse, cruelty, Player’s Offs
Race or People: Jinn-blooded Bedu

Appearance:
Hair: Wavy and black, with sun bleached streaks, often worked in multiple braids and heavy with tribal jewelry.
Eyes: Copper, like a cat’s - a lingering gift from the Jinn blood in her veins.
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 150

Description: Tall and lithe, Shazadi is water thin like most nomads and muscular, befitting her lifestyle and activities. Her café au lait skin shows both her nomad heritage and a life lived under the desert sun. Long, dark, wavy hair bleached by the sun and braided with traditional ornaments cascades down her back and frames the aquiline features of her face. A scar on her throat mars the smooth line of her skin, but serves as a reminder of the first time the Goddess intervened directly in her life.

One Unique Thing: Shazadi’s body is covered with a series of intricate black tattoos, symbols unique to her clan and the goddess that she is devoted to, Tamarni.

Personality: A hedonist by nature, this inclination is fostered and encouraged by Shazadi’s devotion to Tamarni, the Bedu goddess of fortune, pleasure, cats and shadows. Equal parts insouciant and curious, she is largely driven by the visions the Lady sends her, wandering at the Goddess’ will to do Her bidding and seek out those things that please Her, which has brought her into the path of the highborn both inside and outside the walls of Sha’ib. Neither impress her much. Her sense of morality beyond Bedu laws and Tamarni’s prohibitions is flexible and her duty and loyalty is to the Goddess above all. She is sympathetic to those that share her beliefs, and cats are naturally drawn to her. Possessions mean little to her, but money can buy experiences, such as a sensuously indulgent bath and massage or perfumed unguents to pamper her skin. Even a night in a tavern with a spiced coffee admiring the people around her and listening to beautiful music can be a luxurious indulgence.   

Skills:  Fortune telling (The Sight - true clairvoyance and a gift of prophecy), knifeplay, (throwing daggers and khatars), desert survival, prayers, stealth.

Residence: When out in the desert, the tent she carries on her camel’s back. When in Sha'ib, a small house in a poorer district that also serves as her place of business.

History: Born in the deep desert  to the Rwala clan of the Dulam Bedu tribe, Shazadi was destined for a sacred life the moment she opened her eyes.  Their copper color was seen as a sign of favor from their patron Goddess Tamarni, bright and as reflective as a cat’s, in day or night. Only the old holy men and women suspected the girl had Jinn blood in her veins.

By the time she could run with her siblings it was clear that Shazadi was favored by the Goddess. Shazadi ran wild, more like a boy than a girl, getting into all kinds of trouble as her family worked the trade routes.  With a natural ability to conceal herself and hide herself away no matter how hard anyone looked for her, she made a habit of slipping away on many occasions, usually to have some sort of adventure and return none the worse for wear.  Until one such excursion brought her into the hands of a rival tribe that thought nothing of slitting the throat of a wild girl for the jewelry she wore and leaving her to bleed out into the sand. Only luck brought her into the hands of her family, ostensibly to die. Her wounds were stitched and tended and the last prayers were said as fever took her. It was then that Tamarni came to her for the first time. In her fevered state the Goddess whispered to her and healed her wounds, bringing Shazadi back to life and blessing her with several Gifts in the process.

After that, cats of all kinds, big and small, were naturally drawn to her. She could even approach lions and leopards at oases and watering holes. Her mother found her once asleep in a pile of lion cubs and lionesses. And with this ability came the Sight. After the attack, Shazadi began to have prophetic visions and dreams. At first, she kept them to herself. But when the visions began to come to her when she was awake, the priestess began to take notice and spoke to the girl, and then to her family. With several daughters, her father was more than happy to see his youngest child find a place in the tribe without an expensive bride price. He turned the care of his wild young daughter over to the priestess, and she began her training as a devotee of Tamarni.

Since then, she has followed the ways of the Goddess in all things, letting Her will dictate where she goes and when. When convenient and appropriate, she travels with her tribe; but often she travels alone or finds herself spending time in Sha’ib, where the potential for a wider variety of pleasure is far too alluring to ignore.

Equipment:
Camel
Throwing daggers
Bedu runes
Incense
Clothing and her jewelry
A leopard’s claw worn around her neck
Two khatars
Waterskins
Tent and blankets

bonus images

Face claim - Deepika Padukone
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Crash

CurvyKitten

I'm working on a character now, hehe sorry was waiting for the final spark of inspiration to hit. She will be a female Domandh Khans, possibly Jin blooded. Her BG is forming as we speak. :)

Kuroneko

CurvyKitten

I have a question, I know the tail is important to leopards but is it important to Domandh Khans? I am debating working into her history that someone removed it by force, but don't know what it would do to her within this setting.

Kuroneko

If anyone would like to have connections with Shazadi, feel free to PM me ;).

Crash

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 03, 2015, 10:06:29 PM
I have a question, I know the tail is important to leopards but is it important to Domandh Khans? I am debating working into her history that someone removed it by force, but don't know what it would do to her within this setting.

Actually they don't have tails.  And welcome Curvy!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Crash on March 03, 2015, 11:26:42 PM
Actually they don't have tails.  And welcome Curvy!

Ah well then that was a stupid question...lol

la dame en noir

I'm really mad at myself because I want to finish this profile because I am interested in the roleplay. But I don't now what to do with Oshun without making her generic and thats not what I want at all. I'm also having the worst time coming up with a background and reason for her to be working as a dancer in Sha'ib.
A&A | FxF |

Dhi

I understand. I'm sorry it didn't work out, I was looking forward to it. But, I can still change my plans with Farrah, so no harm done.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 04, 2015, 12:28:15 AM
I'm going to withdraw from this, as I shouldn't be in group games. I apologize to anyone who this inconveniences.
awe...  You are already missed.

Crash

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 04, 2015, 12:28:15 AM
I'm going to withdraw from this, as I shouldn't be in group games. I apologize to anyone who this inconveniences.

Sorry to hear Red.  I was looking forward to writing with you.

Kuroneko

CurvyKitten

Sorry to see you go Red.

Also...

Hello all Imari is approved and open for links! Let me know if anyone wants to plot or have links, I'm open to all sorts of ideas with her. :)

la dame en noir

Yeah - I got nothing. I'll have to drop this game so you guys can get a move on with it.
A&A | FxF |

yesiroleplay

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 04, 2015, 01:21:35 PM
Yeah - I got nothing. I'll have to drop this game so you guys can get a move on with it.
Nooooooooooooooooo!

Crash

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 04, 2015, 01:21:35 PM

You are not holding anything up Dame.  I still hve to get IC threads up and finish some NPC's.  I think your character is great and will likely find plenty of people to interact with. 

Maybe you shouldn't think of her as a dancer but someone who has a talent for it.  That way it is still a part of her without being the sole thing that defines her.  If may free up your block. 

I hope you don't drop and give it a little time.  I have some more background stuff that I plan on adding to the IC threads and that may jump start some creative interest too.

Dhi