Demon Realm (Fantasy - Middle Ages) [NC-E]

Started by Blank, November 03, 2009, 02:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blank

RP Thread
OOC Thread

Title: Demon Realm
Genre: Fantasy / Middle Ages
Toxicity: Non-consensual Exotic – It doesn’t have to be this, but I figured it’d be best to set it here just in case considering the nature of the game
Description: The government of a human kingdom became aware of the cost of holding prisoners. Execution was banned from the country, so banishment and imprisonment were the only two reasonable means of dealing with criminals. Instead their court magician offered an alternative. They could banish them into the demon realm where no one would have to deal with them. Most criminals don’t survive the demon realm once they are banished there, however some of the more skilled ones tend to survive in the difficult environment. Finally the kingdom banishes the last batch of criminals from their prisons, leaving them to fend for themselves in the demon’s world.

Setting: The story will take place in the demon realm (obviously). This place I figured would be something more akin to the Orc’s Homeland in Warcraft (if any of you know it). It will be a barren land with crimson skies, discolored lakes, and mushroom forests. Most of the lands are broken into floating islands linked to one another with bridges. The city closest to the portal from the mortal realm (one way portal otherwise people and demons would just escape) is Ryal. It is a sizable city considering the surrounding, rural area. A wide variety of demons and monsters dwell there in a similar fashion to that of human society, though be it a harsher version.

Characters: You can either be a human or a resident of the demon realm. Humans have to be rather mundane. They can’t have much with them in the beginning due to being prisoners not long before. The only things that the humans can take with them are their skills, experience, and the clothes on their backs. You’re welcome to make them skilled however you please within reason.

Characters from the demon realm for the most part, can’t be humans. However you are welcome to have almost any abilities, powers, or quirks so long as they don’t involve destroying the universe or something.

Profiles aren’t required, but it’d be nice if you are settled on a single idea rather than hopping between ideas.

Probably don’t need to tell you this, but I’d prefer a mix of characters. It wouldn’t be overly interesting if there were only humans or only demons/monster people.

Some examples of demons or monsters (if you don’t have one in mind): demons, devils, orcs, goblins, dark elves, etc.

Some basic reasons the humans might be criminals are: smuggler, terrorist, crime lord, rogue wizard, murderer, con artist, political extremist, innocent individual falsely accused, etc.
Characters: You can either be a human or a resident of the demon realm. Humans have to be rather mundane. They can’t have much with them in the beginning due to being prisoners not long before. The only things that the humans can take with them are their skills, experience, and the clothes on their backs. You’re welcome to make them skilled however you please within reason.

Characters from the demon realm for the most part, can’t be humans. However you are welcome to have almost any abilities, powers, or quirks so long as they don’t involve destroying the universe or something. Also the ladies need to be super sexy.

Profiles aren’t required, but it’d be nice if you are settled on a single idea rather than hopping between ideas.

Probably don’t need to tell you this, but I’d prefer a mix of characters. It wouldn’t be overly interesting if there were only humans or only demons/monster people.

Some examples of demons or monsters (if you don’t have one in mind): demons, devils, orcs, goblins, dark elves, etc.

Some basic reasons the humans might be criminals are: smuggler, terrorist, crime lord, rogue wizard, murderer, con artist, someone who talks during movies, political extremist, innocent individual falsely accused, etc.

Devi

Niki315

Biles

[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Blank

Wow, I already have three to five people for this.  I'll try to put up an OOC thread soonish and hopefully an IC thread a day or so after assuming people don't have questions or comments.

Bubblez

Count me in....I would love to play, if you will have me!
My Ons and Offs

Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream...
To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Blank

SirHakado

Even though you already knew, I should post in here to make it clear I’m signing up :P

Blank

Quote from: SirHakado on November 04, 2009, 03:27:14 AM
Even though you already knew, I should post in here to make it clear I’m signing up :P

No noobs allowed.  Out with ye!  =)  Cool, thanks.

Biles

Isn't there a character sheet template that should be posted?
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Blank

I put up one in the OOC thread for the people who want to use one.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: SirHakado on November 04, 2009, 03:27:14 AM

Likewise, as per pm's.   Also have already posted character profile to ooc thread. 

Blank

I'll try to post something today or tomorrow for the first post to get the ball rolling (hopefully I'll have a character profile to please the hungry masses).

Thorn14

Humans can only get in the realm through being a prisoner?

Any wiggle room for other kinds getting in there?

Blank

Thorn14

Either a mage who got trapped there on accident, or a demon hunter who ends up in the demon realm.

Blank

Sure I suppose.

Doesn't seem like there will be a lot of takers on demon roles.  Oh well

Thorn14

Ok, if she starts to break how you want the game, feel free to drop the GM hammer.

Will you be GMing demons too?

Blank

Meh, it should be fine but it might be hard to explain you linking up with the group.

I will be to some extent though mostly only to populate the world with other people than the players.  If people were expecting me to role-play their demonic sex buddy, they're in for a let down.  The idea was that other players were kinda supposed to do that.

Thorn14

Well maybe i should wait till you get some demon characters? You said you didnt have enough and I dont want to be a burden.

Blank

We have two... In theory.  Though so far we have three humans.

Mmm... Perhaps.  It might not be a whole lot of fun with the current ratio of human vs. demon.

ShamshielDF

I'm interested in, perhaps, playing a demon of some flavor, though there is not a lot of information regarding the demon world your talking about.  Civilizations, cities, professions, or is it all rough and distant wilderness?  How powerful in general are the demons?  Just curious ^_^
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Blank

I was trying to avoid world building.  Too much often leads to making the person that does it feel burnt out.  It is mostly rough wilderness except for a few city states.  Those city states are similar to the human world just more capitalistic (save for some higher authority enforced by powerful demons) and more brutal in nature.

I figure in generally the demons are more powerful than the average pesant with a pitchfork though probably more on par with the experienced knight or wizard.  Does that help?

ShamshielDF

Hmm...That answers some questions, though it does leave quite a few hanging as well...

I would like to play a demon, but that being said, without having some idea of the world that you're envisioning, its entirely likely, even probable, that I'm not going to have anything near the same world in my mind as you have in yours.  I understand what you mean about world building, though it is something that my girlfriend and I do rather often.  Like, daily it seems.  She runs numerous games here, several table top games IRL and is a writer.  We do a lot of bantering back and forth to envision worlds, histories and backgrounds for fun.

Anywho...a couple of more questions for you, in the mean time...what sort of game are you envisioning?  What are the humans roles going to be in the demon world?  Is the point of this simply to survive the endless lines of demon monsters and such, or is this more along the line of waiting for the humans to make their way to some form of civilization where they can beg, plead and bargain for a livelihood?

I have a few ideas coming to mind...the question is, how much of your world do you want me to define?
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Blank

I'm usually rather acomidating about what other people make up so long as you have in mind doesn't collide with what has been written.

I was thinking they'd be shoved into this new and unfriendly world.  As such they'd have to create a new life/life-style somewhere in the demonic society.  So more of the latter of what you said (if not entierly).  I didn't really plan it to be a survival game or something.  More like the humans are now second class citizens compared to the native races of the demon realm.

You can shoot me a bunch a' questions if it'll help.  I don't have a completely solid idea of what this world be like so if you go and make up some stuff, it won't hurt my feelings.  Are you planning to make a profile?