Not Another Hogwarts Recruitment Thread (Seeking Students and Professors!)

Started by Flower, April 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

I'm interested in this. Would a muggleborn who discovered their powers late be accepted at Beauxbatons or Hogwarts? I'm picturing someone who didn't know of the wizarding world until maybe a year before their first year at school.

Flower

When you say first year do you mean first year of Hogwarts or Beauxbatons or first year of their primary school system like Junior Wizarding Academy?  :-)

King Serperior

Quote from: Emjay on April 21, 2015, 06:31:55 PM
I know the family tree seems daunting but its really not as difficult as it looks.

The steps are this:

1. Look through the list and pick a country that has NOT been chosen yet
2. Pick a surname
3. Who is your character's parents, who is your character's paternal & maternal grandparents, who is you character's paternal & maternal great-grandparent's, who is your character's paternal & paternal great-great grandparents?
4. Your pureblood tree is now complete.

If you have any questions throughout the process please PM us and we'll do our best to help you out. I don't think there are any pureblood families that don't have any Slytherins/hate Slytherins. If you want to connect your family with anyone else's please PM them first before you do so.

Other than that your concept sounds great.
Well, put in that way, it all seems much easier.  I'll see what I can do, but it may not be until the weekend before I am even able to work on the CS. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Emjay

No worries King Serperior! There is no rush on completing the character sheet.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Empyrean

Caela

Flower

Quote from: Empyrean on April 21, 2015, 08:25:54 PM
First year at Beauxbatons or Hogwarts.

Oh! Sorry for that misunderstanding. We would prefer if they attended the primary school. It would make bringing your connection into the game much easier as they would already have connections from those years (11-15 years of age) spent in their company. :)

Codexa

*Peeks inside* Helloooo... I'm tentatively interested. I love the work that's been done on the game, it's amazing.
I played briefly in JWA before a few real life sorrows took me away from it all.

Just wanted to pop in, and say hi :D

Blythe

The Dark Raven has awesomely allowed me to use her Lewis family when I create a character, so thank you Dark Raven. <3

I am hoping to have a good concept or a rough character sheet done tomorrow (or possibly the day after!).

Flower

Quote from: Codexa on April 21, 2015, 08:51:53 PM
*Peeks inside* Helloooo... I'm tentatively interested. I love the work that's been done on the game, it's amazing.
I played briefly in JWA before a few real life sorrows took me away from it all.

I remember you from JWA! Welcome back. :) As I told a few other people, you are more than welcomed to return and use your character from the JWA days. She would be in her first year of schooling right now.

Quote from: Blythe on April 21, 2015, 08:57:53 PM
The Dark Raven has awesomely allowed me to use her Lewis family when I create a character, so thank you Dark Raven. <3

I am hoping to have a good concept or a rough character sheet done tomorrow (or possibly the day after!).

Huzzah! Thank you, Raven, for being helpful.

Also...as if there was not already a crap ton of information, I updated and condensed the game's timeline. I thought it might be useful so you can get a feel to what has happened without reading all those posts. >.> It's in this section.  The only event relevant for people making Durm and Beaux characters is the World Quidditch Tournament.

Emjay

Quote from: Codexa on April 21, 2015, 08:51:53 PM

Welcome Codexa! Thank you very much, we are trying  :P If you have any questions just let us know. I hope you decide to join the game.

Quote from: Blythe on April 21, 2015, 08:57:53 PM

That's great, Blythe! I'm glad you decided to join the game. As stated before there is absolutely no rush on the character sheet  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Codexa

Hey Crash! I remember Sly! He still a dashing troublemaker? :P

Thanks Emjay and Dancing! <3 I really want to join, it's just I'm struggling on picking which of the two characters..(I was inspired! XD) I created.

???

Flower

You are allowed a maximum of two characters. However, I do recommend starting with one to get your feet wet with the setting and how it works. If you send both of them to Emjay and I, we can offer you opinions. :)

Crash

That would be Sly.  He is a first year Gryffindor.  I also have Kari who is a second year Ravenclaw.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ceralilly

I am placing interest for now, but I may have to move some things around before committing. :-)
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Flower

Hope that interest turns into a character sheet! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, Ceralilly.  :-)

Ceralilly

Quote from: Dancing flower on April 22, 2015, 03:39:38 PM
Hope that interest turns into a character sheet! Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, Ceralilly.  :-)

I really am excited to look into it. :-)
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Crash

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 03:34:49 PM
I am placing interest for now, but I may have to move some things around before committing. :-)

Mooooooove theeeeem! ;)

Ceralilly

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 03:47:55 PM
Mooooooove theeeeem! ;)

Hehehehehe! Adorable...I will really see what I can do! I might have a slower posting schedule for now...Hmmmm

Flower

Slow is perfectly fine. All of our writers are understanding. In fact, some are grateful for the slower posting partners (like me).  ::) Nothing against my fast as a speeding bullet type of writers.

Crash

Yep I can do fast or slow, but like slow better....hmmm that didn't come out right.

Rave

So many familiar faces, so many good players in here.

I'm gonna fiddle with a Durmstrang student sheet and get back at you guys~ My muse could use this :P

Emjay

Quote from: Ceralilly on April 22, 2015, 03:34:49 PM

No worries Ceralilly, life and E can get pretty hectic. I hope you decide to join the game  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Flower

Quote from: Crash on April 22, 2015, 04:03:40 PM
Yep I can do fast or slow, but like slow better....hmmm that didn't come out right.

xD

Quote from: Rave on April 22, 2015, 04:03:53 PM
So many familiar faces, so many good players in here.

I'm gonna fiddle with a Durmstrang student sheet and get back at you guys~ My muse could use this :P

Look forward to reading your character concept.  :-)