Blue Moon?

Started by Altheras, February 01, 2015, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altheras

I am wondering if anyone here also RPs on the Blue Moon forum, and I'm also wondering if someone could answer a couple of questions about Blue Moon for me.

What are the key differences between it and Elliquiy?

Are things more or less strict over there, or about the same?

Is there a different community there  than there is here? If I repost my request thread over there, will different people likely see it?

Lastly, is it ok to simply repost my E! requests thread there? As in, can I just copy/paste it over? Or do we need to make a completely different request thread for there?

I am asking this here because I thought I recalled seeing that Blue Moon is somehow affiliated with E.
Main Ideas Thread! : Offs, Ons, Pairings, and Characters : A&A: Back and looking for more angsty and abusive games! : Current Song 
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading.
So sick and tired of all the needless beating.

Oniya

It is a different community.  There is no application process at Blue Moon, which does affect things to a degree.
It's perfectly okay to copy/paste things you've written over there (it's impossible to plagiarize yourself! ;D )
The rules for RP content are basically the same, although you might want to do a quick fly-by of the rules page there to familiarize yourself with them.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Altheras

Thanks for the speedy reply Oniya, that answered pretty much all of my questions!  ;D

Hopefully I find me some RP over there too!
Main Ideas Thread! : Offs, Ons, Pairings, and Characters : A&A: Back and looking for more angsty and abusive games! : Current Song 
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading.
So sick and tired of all the needless beating.

Al Terego

Quote from: Oniya on February 01, 2015, 02:33:02 PM
It is a different community.  There is no application process at Blue Moon, which does affect things to a degree.

Can anyone who played/plays on both please elaborate?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Al Terego on March 14, 2015, 10:40:16 AM
Can anyone who played/plays on both please elaborate?

You know how you had to fill out an application and go through an approval process to join E? They don't have that on Bluemoon. In fact they only make sure someone is legal age, and that's it...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Al Terego

Yes, that's the obvious.
I was more interested in how the RPs end up different, if at all

Nico

Quote from: Al Terego on March 14, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
Yes, that's the obvious.
I am not a member of Blue Moon, but from what I have heard, the community there is different. Elliquiy has a rather elaborate screening process, to make sure our new members do not do damage to the integrity of our wonderful community. I know that there is no screening process over there.

Oniya

My statement was specifically that the community is different.  The application process at Elliquiy has certain goals, which in turn affect what people are going to be responding to your requests.  With no application process, the readership over at Blue Moon is necessarily going to include people that would not be responding on Elliquiy.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

I hosted Blue Moon after Elliquiy's largest competitor ever (Darker Roleplay) went down in flames.

Since DRP didn't have an approval process, that began to cause issues as their members applied here. Rather than try to integrate two wholly different cultures, I decided to host one of DRP's competitors (whose rules were similar) instead. This had some amusing results as Narpy tried to throw Metasploit at me - but anyway.

After a couple years the community matured and grew into its own. Little of DRP's toxicity remains (those members tend to migrate to House Eros after they get kicked out of E and BMR...) and what's left is a generally pleasant community that is simply different from what we have here. It's not better, or worse.

BMR makes much heavier usage of the PM system than Elliquiy members do, which is a bit unfortunate because of the software BMR runs, but ideally when we move both forums to Elkarte that will be a moot point.

Beautiful Mystery

I have role-played on bluemoon before so I can answer some questions for you. (:

Quote from: Altheras on February 01, 2015, 02:20:35 PM
What are the key differences between it and Elliquiy?

They are both roleplaying forums. So I mean, the basis is the same. But there is a few differences.
1. I believe there is a bigger community here. There is a lot more chatting. While the shoutbox doesn't seem to be as active here, it is more active over there. (It also depends on the time of day though. I just have found more people in the Shoutbox in BM than here most of the time. But that changes a lot.)
2. More people play in game threads here. So if that is a big part of what you like here, it is not as big of a deal on BM.
3. There is a lot more division here. There is Light, NC, Bondage and Extreme where as BM has less divisions. They are mainly separated into something like a fandom, OC play and groups (from what I remember)
4. There is a lot more on E in the form of storytelling and such. Not saying that BM doesn't have that stuff, I have just noticed it is very active here.
5. While people here have on/off's, people use a f-list over there. Most do but it is not required. (F-list lists all of your "kinks" in categories like favorite, yes, no and maybe. They are all in one place that is an external website).
6. You cannot have any nudity in your avatars (from what I remember) because it is public whereas E is private.

Are things more or less strict over there, or about the same?

I would say they are more strict here. As others have mentioned, there is no application process over there so you can just sign up. So I feel as though people are more committed to E (not always the case but just my opinion) because you have the application process. Rules about roleplaying (like age an stuff) is roughly the same. I would say that you review the rules just in case there is something that is mentioned there.

Is there a different community there  than there is here? If I repost my request thread over there, will different people likely see it?

Yes, very different. I honestly feel as though E is more of a "community" than just only roleplaying. Maybe that is also due to the application process and you get to meet people. Not sure but I feel as though BM is much less about talking and more about roleplaying. Not saying that people do not talk to each other but I notice that you will only really be able to talk to people through the Shoutbox probably. Or like Vek said, through PM. And other people will see your thread as only so many people on BM have accounts on E as well.

Lastly, is it ok to simply repost my E! requests thread there? As in, can I just copy/paste it over? Or do we need to make a completely different request thread for there?

You should be able to post the request thread. However, as I mentioned before, there is no on/off list over there so you will either have to list them or create an f-list.

Quote from: Al Terego on March 14, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
Yes, that's the obvious.

To answer your question, I don't think that the application process necessarily makes the roleplay different. It may mean that people are more serious on E because they have to wait to get in. But as SweetSerenade, your really only have to say that you are over 18. I have noticed there is more "spam" accounts there because there is no application process to weed them out. But there is great roleplayers on E and BM. So I mean, I don't think the role-plays end up any different really. It is a matter of opinion. What you believe is a great writer is what someone else thinks is average. Shrugs.

In my personal opinion, I Like E a lot more than BM. I feel as though there is a greater community sense here than over there. Maybe, (like I mentioned) that is due to the application process. I have found some great role-players and friends here. Not that you cannot find good role-players on BM (I found many I adored) but I feel as though my partners are better here. I feel like people put in a lot more time and effort here with their On/offs and such. I also feel as though the mods here are more approachable. They also seem to be more active in the community and you see them around a lot more (like in discussions, games, etc). (Maybe that is one reason why I believe they are more approachable.)

Now, I don't want it to sound like I am saying BM is terrible. It is not by any stretch. It is a great roleplay place. I would say it is more for roleplay rather than a "community" to talk and such. And the mods there are friendly (I hope it doesn't sound like I said they were bad) and Vek does a good job running (as well as the admin over there). It is just rather different than E. I have grown to love E a lot more and I like the vibe I get from it. That is why I stay on E versus BM. But you know, it is your choice. If you want to explore BM, I say go ahead. You will be reaching a different set of people. (:

I hope this helped with your questions!
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

Al Terego

DrFier

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 14, 2015, 12:21:14 PMIn fact they only make sure someone is legal age, and that's it...

I've always wondered exactly how they do that, tbh.  The application process here would determine if you are mature but I don't think it spits out an exact age.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.