RWBY inspired GG

Started by Sephiriel, January 01, 2014, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Ahh, alright. That makes sense, then. Maybe go for something like the exaggerated portrayals of Chi? That's the only thing coming to mind to me. Then again, I'm also about to crash.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wheresmycow

I was thinking of doing Chi stuff, but I'm wishy-washy about it because it's really hard to pin down what would be Chi stuff.  He can already use his weapon to infuse his hits, so I didn't want to double up there.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

xPeachyPuff

It's great to see some new characters!

- Rainbow

Sephiriel

Might I add that I simply love the diversity in personalities, weapons and Semblance! Great work everyone.

TheLegionary

Indeed, there is a good blend of characters here. I tried to build mine bearing in mine those available until a couple of days. If you have a look at them, there is always a point of friction or similarity.
I was also wondering whether how the plot will start. Will it be something like the Beacon Academy Initiation? Or would we jump straight into action as the Grimms attack?
Now, we need more RWBY type girls!

Wheresmycow

Hmm, how's this for a semblance: heightened awareness.  I was thinking he perceives the world around him much more clearly, and in greater detail.  You know how humans see things at like 22 frames per second, but flies see at much higher rates so they can react better?  Thinking maybe that's kind of what Willum can do.  He's not any faster moving, but he can process a lot more sensory information and at much faster speeds, so everything looks more slowed down even as everything is crystal clear.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheHangedOne

The game will start off with the students already being officially inducted into the Academy, so they will be pushed more straight into action. Although there will definitely be a lot of action scenes, there will also be some exploration and survivalist elements to the start, too. That's all I'm willing top say at the moment, though. Hopefully that's got some of you stoked up.  :-)

Quote from: Wheresmycow on January 05, 2014, 12:27:14 PM
Hmm, how's this for a semblance: heightened awareness.  I was thinking he perceives the world around him much more clearly, and in greater detail.  You know how humans see things at like 22 frames per second, but flies see at much higher rates so they can react better?  Thinking maybe that's kind of what Willum can do.  He's not any faster moving, but he can process a lot more sensory information and at much faster speeds, so everything looks more slowed down even as everything is crystal clear.
That sounds suitable, and workable. I like it!  Does he control when he's in that state, and out of it, or is there more like some sort of stress-trigger?
Check out my poet tree!

Revelation

The game should be pretty interesting, exploration and survival sound pretty fun and I would also hope there would be some fun class/intra school things. NPC teams to be rivals or relationships to the PC's could be fun!

Wheresmycow

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2014, 01:43:05 PMThat sounds suitable, and workable. I like it!  Does he control when he's in that state, and out of it, or is there more like some sort of stress-trigger?
He's mostly in control of it.  I think he spends most of his time just being perceptive of his surroundings and a bit quicker on the uptake, but only relative to a normal person.  So nothing fancy at ground state.  In combat, he can choose to step it up a bit, so it's more combat applicable.  But bullet time is out of his control, that's purely stress triggered.  He's still working on that.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Revelation

Oh, one other thing I wanted to ask. Would or should the characters know about eachother before the game? Since the island is so small and not that populated, I imagine it'd only make sense if some of the PC's knew about each other or had some relationship, especially if they come from the same town.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Wheresmycow on January 05, 2014, 01:51:06 PM
He's mostly in control of it.  I think he spends most of his time just being perceptive of his surroundings and a bit quicker on the uptake, but only relative to a normal person.  So nothing fancy at ground state.  In combat, he can choose to step it up a bit, so it's more combat applicable.  But bullet time is out of his control, that's purely stress triggered.  He's still working on that.
Well, that, and the rest of your sheet, I'm ready to say 'yes'. Just gotta wait for Jane to say the same, and I'll move your sheet along to the accepted post.

Quote from: Changingsaint on January 05, 2014, 01:54:39 PM
Oh, one other thing I wanted to ask. Would or should the characters know about eachother before the game? Since the island is so small and not that populated, I imagine it'd only make sense if some of the PC's knew about each other or had some relationship, especially if they come from the same town.
I'll let players work out those details amongst themselves. Eis has always been a fairly small place, relatively speaking; the settlements have always been measured in the hundreds.  So it's very possible that if they have the same home town, they know at least a bit about each other.  Once me and Jane figure out how best to set up teams (and once we make sure we've got everyone that wants to play), I'll also say that team-mates should at least know each others full names, but probably a bit more. They'll be sharing the same group dorm rooms, taking classes together, eating in the cafeteria most likely together... so there's lots of opportunity there for group members to get to know the other members quite well.

Edit: Dorm rooms are set up mostly the same as the ones shown in RWBY. As the topic of the bathroom never showed up in the story yet, though, I'll say that each room has two separated showers, toilets, sinks, etc.  Faculty members, since they live alone,  have one bathroom, but it's their own private one (they also get actual baths instead of just shower stalls. Perks of the job!).
Check out my poet tree!

Wheresmycow

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2014, 02:12:59 PM
Well, that, and the rest of your sheet, I'm ready to say 'yes'. Just gotta wait for Jane to say the same, and I'll move your sheet along to the accepted post.
Oh, let me finish that character sheet up then, because it's still missing semblance info.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheLegionary

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2014, 02:12:59 PM
Edit: Dorm rooms are set up mostly the same as the ones shown in RWBY. As the topic of the bathroom never showed up in the story yet, though, I'll say that each room has two separated showers, toilets, sinks, etc.  Faculty members, since they live alone,  have one bathroom, but it's their own private one (they also get actual baths instead of just shower stalls. Perks of the job!).

Given you are really good at characterizing the details, I wonder whether you will place a detailed map of the dorms. This would be interesting.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: TheLegionary on January 05, 2014, 03:39:20 PM
Given you are really good at characterizing the details, I wonder whether you will place a detailed map of the dorms. This would be interesting.
I probably won't, because I suck at making maps, and not in the good way. However, if I find something online that looks like what I imagine it, then I might shamelessly borrow that.
Check out my poet tree!

xPeachyPuff

I like the sound of the dorms and what you have planned in terms of action and stuff (: I'm looking forward to writing with everyone, as well.

- Rainbow

Hotaru37

I am interested. 

I wanted to take some time and read everything a little more throughly and then get a character up.   :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

TheHangedOne

Glad to have you join, Hotaru. take your time. The game won't be starting for a bit.

By the way, I will be somewhat scarce tomorrow, as I'm having a bit of minor surgery done. Afterwards, I'll mostly be curled up in bed with my cat.
Check out my poet tree!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
By the way, I will be somewhat scarce tomorrow, as I'm having a bit of minor surgery done. Afterwards, I'll mostly be curled up in bed with my cat.

I hope it goes well! Get lots of rest afterwards.

- Rainbow

Hotaru37

Thanks Hanged.   :-)

Good luck tomorrow and let me know how things went when you can.   :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Wheresmycow

PM'd my character sheet to TheHangedMan and Jane Storm.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 05, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
Good luck and rest well.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheHangedOne

Updated the settings a bit. Added some dorm room layouts, with thanks going to Thrasius for making them. I also imagine that there are four closets for the students as well, to stow away their clothing.  I'm also going to say, that small room attached to the balcony and bedrooms, is where the heating element is; a small machine that runs on Dust to keep the room (and water) heated.

ANd now, I'm off to the surgeon.
Check out my poet tree!

TheLegionary

Hanged,
It is a pity that the game has not yet started, otherwise Luna Mauve could use her healing powers / Semblance on you!
Jokes apart, good luck with the surgery! We will be waiting for you!
P.S. The dorms are great! Congratulatiins Thrasius! I thibk the game will be a success: everyone is helping!

Wheresmycow

Hope you're doing well today TheHangedMan.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheLegionary

Guys,
I have to study more about RWBY! This conversation is highly technical!
What surprises me is that RWBY started less than one year ago!
LOL

xPeachyPuff

Sorry, I'm super behind but I just wanted to say that the dorm art looks awesome! Well done (:

- Rainbow