Re: Your Brains by Jonothan Coulton

Started by Methos, November 07, 2008, 09:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methos

I'd never seen heard this song until yesterday and found it quite amusing. So if you've never heard it check it out.

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Trieste

Jonathan Coulton is pretty awesome. I had a story inspired by his creepy doll song but it dieded. :(

Methos

Yea, he is pretty awesome. I think his cover of Baby Got Back is almost as hilarious as this one.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Trieste

That cover will haunt me. >.< I heard it a while ago and it still gets randomly stuck in my head.

Amberghylles

I absolutely adore JoCo's work.  *glances over at the half pony/half monkey monster sitting on the side desk right now*

Had the great fortune to see him live a while back.  *smiles*

You can stream all of his songs from his website

And if you don't get the reference to the monster, check out Skullcrusher Mountain... was the first of his songs I ever heard and still one of my favorites.

Methos

Just to haunt Trieste ;)

Skullcrusher Mountain is hilarious too Amberghylles "Isn't it enough to know I ruined a pony for you?"

Trieste

... the guy on the left reminds me of Anthony Stewart-Head... who played Giles in the Buffy series.

Which would amuse.

Bliss

Quote from: Amberghylles on November 09, 2008, 12:01:09 PM
I absolutely adore JoCo's work.  *glances over at the half pony/half monkey monster sitting on the side desk right now*

Had the great fortune to see him live a while back.  *smiles*

You can stream all of his songs from his website

And if you don't get the reference to the monster, check out Skullcrusher Mountain... was the first of his songs I ever heard and still one of my favorites.

*gasp* You ruined a pony?!

>.>
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Amberghylles

Bliss

You're sure you didn't use too many monkies? *smile*
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3