Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 09:13:30 PM
I added a new sexuality tab on the character sheets, Warden! Get up with the program, jeeze! :P

JK, after that you should be good, unless you wanna fill out his appearance and stuff.

Sexuality?  What is this strange human preconception you speak of? 

Mr L

Hey Warden! ;D missed ya!

It might just be a slight obsession over detail I possess, but I couldn't help but notice Sanada had 5 points distributed instead of the base 4. Probably one of the things Nova will go over with you, but figured I'd point it out ^.^ Gonna miss Zell though, was almost to the point of Peach thinking about him seriously.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Mr L on June 16, 2015, 09:45:40 PM
Hey Warden! ;D missed ya!

It might just be a slight obsession over detail I possess, but I couldn't help but notice Sanada had 5 points distributed instead of the base 4. Probably one of the things Nova will go over with you, but figured I'd point it out ^.^ Gonna miss Zell though, was almost to the point of Peach thinking about him seriously.

He may come back if people revive him and yeah, you're right.  I always did suck at math.

Mr L

Quote from: WardenIce on June 16, 2015, 09:47:18 PM
He may come back if people revive him and yeah, you're right.  I always did suck at math.

No worries about the math, just didn't want someone to question it like "wtf mate?" :P

I just know that if he were still around, they no doubt would've been paired together for Valentines lol.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Mr L on June 16, 2015, 10:05:46 PM
No worries about the math, just didn't want someone to question it like "wtf mate?" :P

I just know that if he were still around, they no doubt would've been paired together for Valentines lol.

Peach: "Happy Valentines!"
Zell: "......"
Peach: "Why are you as red as a tomato?"
Peach: "Zell... you're bleeding from the nose."
Zell: ".... Heeeeeh."

Mr L

Quote from: WardenIce on June 16, 2015, 10:07:07 PM
Peach: "Happy Valentines!"
Peach: "Why are you as red as a tomato?"
Peach: "Zell... you're bleeding from the nose."
Zell: ".... Heeeeeh."

-nods furiously, grinning like an idiot-

Flying Tengu

Aw, thanks Warden!  I appreciate your willingness to swap.  I'm really glad you had another character in the wings; I wouldn't want to step on someone else's toes.  I'll try to make sure my Terry is awesome; I'm sure he'd give your new character a bro-fist.

I've been busy this afternoon, but I'm chopping away at the character sheet, slowly but surely.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Mr L on June 16, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
-nods furiously, grinning like an idiot-

Solaire naturally shall kneels before the princess as a knight does. "Your Grace."

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Flying Tengu on June 16, 2015, 10:40:27 PM
Aw, thanks Warden!  I appreciate your willingness to swap.  I'm really glad you had another character in the wings; I wouldn't want to step on someone else's toes.  I'll try to make sure my Terry is awesome; I'm sure he'd give your new character a bro-fist.

I've been busy this afternoon, but I'm chopping away at the character sheet, slowly but surely.

Its all good man.  I've still got Faith in the game and plenty of backups.  Enjoy Terry and all I want is one decently timed, dynamic Power Fist.

Blue Nova

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 16, 2015, 10:55:56 PM
Solaire naturally shall kneels before the princess as a knight does. "Your Grace."
Geralt, um... soils princesses.  ::)

Mr L

Flying Tengu

Ok, here's my attempt!  Please let me know if there's anything more I need, or anything that I should change.

Terry Bogard

Current Occupation: Terry didn't have a job back on his world, and he certainly doesn't have one now.  He'll occasionally pick up a side job as he travels from place to place, enough to keep him in funds, but nothing more than that.

Home World Information: The SNK fighting world is much like earth, especially for ordinary folks.  Beyond the ordinary, though... magic.  Chi powers.  Cloning.  Aliens.  Orbital space stations, with accompanying orbital laser bombardments.  Loveable Igniz.  All these things exist, and more, turning what would be earth with a coat of paint into earth with a coat of paint and a jet engine.

The largest event in the world was the legendary King of Fighters tournament, in which teams of fighters from all around the globe gather to compete.  The tournament draws attention from ordinary and extraordinary alike, both bringing in more spectators than any other event, and attracting the involvement of powerful super-corporations, supernatural entities, or world-spanning conspiracies.  Or some combination of those three, usually working to achieve some sinister goal, only to be thwarted by the victorious fighting team.

This world has fallen.  As powerful as they were, the various sininster world organizations could not effectively band together.  The powerful forces of The Legion, led by Shao Kahn, quickly overwhelmed their attempt at a united front.  Small pockets of resistance do remain, however, led by various supernatural fighters, many of whom were once champions, or at least contenders, in the King of Fighters tournament.

Appearance/Style Description:  Terry is a young man, appearing to be in his late twenties.  He is slightly above average height, standing at just under six feet, and weighing about 170 pounds.  He is extremely fit, lean, but with an impressive musculature, posessing the powerful physique of a professional fighter.  From the thick, ropy muscles of his arms, to his broad chest and shoulders, and tight abs, he has sparingly little fat, a mixture of his hard training, and the spare, simple life he lives.  His blond hair is straight and long, falling just an inch or two short of his muscular shoulders in thick layers, enough to be tied back when he fights.  His eyes are a bright blue, sparkling when he smiles, which is often.

When traveling, Terry almost always wears jeans and a tight, form-fitting undershirt.  Most importantly, he wears a leather bomber's jacket; good for most weather, and all situations, at least according to him.  In official fights, he will sometimes switch back to his trademark red cutoff jacket and hat.  Most importantly, he almost always wears his trademark black fingerless gloves, a memento of his murdered mentor and father, Jeff Bogard.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.  Terry likes strong women.  Strong women with impressive bust-lines are even better.  (As a player, I very much enjoy actions involving breasts, so this works for me, too!)

Personality: Likeable.  Friendly.  Easy-going.  These are all terms that can be applied to Terry.  He enjoys fighting, but he always treats his opponents respectfully, and is gracious in both victory and defeat.  He enjoys having a good time, and is always quick with a smile or a laugh.  While Terry is used to surviving on his own, and doesn't really depend on others, friendship and family are both important to Terry, and he will always want to be there to support them, although with his travels, he isn't always.

Although he is very friendly, Terry does enjoy competition; it's one of the things he's always liked about fighting, and he'll often try to compete in other ways involving physical activity.  He has a special love of basketball, and enjoys competing with others in that, too.  Again, though, he does not hold grudges for losses, and is very respectful of vanquished foes.

During fights, Terry will sometimes throw out a taunt or two, a legacy of growing up on the streets combining with his love of competition.  This is purely for psychological effect; Terry is not mean-spirited in his taunts.

History:  Shortly before the invasion, Terry was, as he often does, travelling around, learning new fighting techniques, incorporating them into his style, and generally doing his best to experience the world.  His young adoptive son, Rock Howard, had been left with friends and family, being cared for by Uncle Andy and Mai Shiranui.

When the invasion struck, it struck without warning, and quickly disabled many different sources of transportation.  Terry helped to fight back against the incursion in the town he happened to be in, but he quickly left, trying to make his way back to his family.  It was no use; he'd traveled to far, and with more forces of The Legion arriving every day, it soon became impossible to travel.  Frustrated and as angry as he ever gets, Terry was forced out, his travels taking him from world to world.

Current Situation: Finding himself in the mortal realm, Terry has continued his travels, using New York as a home base of sorts.  He's spent a great deal of time trying to gain new techniques to use against The Legion.  He often helps out the G.P.A.W. when he crosses paths with them, partially to gain experience and to hurt The Legion, but mostly because it's the right thing to do.  He never felt a desire to join them, until just recently, when he found out that they'd be working directly against some of the invaders that took his own world, from the Mortal Kombat world.  He joined up the next day, eager to try out his newfound skills.

Weapon: Terry is armed only with his fists, his knowledge of martial arts, and his impressive ability to gather, control and release chi energy.  Terry has trained in a variety of martial arts, including kickboxing, boxing, karate, and kung fu.  He began training under his father at a very young age, and has been fighting on the streets since the age of ten.  He has incorporated an impressive array of techniques into a single, unique, cohesive style, practiced only by him, although he'd begun training his ward, Rock.

Stats

Strength - 2
Agility - 2
Stamina - 2
Power - 2
Reputation - 0

Special Powers:
Chi Manipulation - Terry Bogard has an unparralled (at least on his world) ability to gather chi from his surroundings, and either channel it into his strikes, or release it in a projectile burst.  When he has built up enough energy through passionate fighting, he is able to channel a tremendous amount of energy through his body, unleashing a veritable geyser of damaging chi energy against his opponent.

Strengths:
Fighting Adaptation - Having trained all over the globe, and taking place in tournaments that include robots, magical girls, ninja, aliens, and more, Terry has seen it all.  He may be caught off guard once, but not twice, as he takes advantage of his wide variety of fighting techniques to alter his strategy to fit.

Survival - Terry is toughened both from years of fighting, and from growing up on the streets.  He has an impressive ability to take punishment, and while he may not thrive anywhere, he can at least get by.

Charisma - Terry is naturally likeable, and is used to fighting in front of a croud of millions.  He knows how to play to a crowd, and his natural charm and good nature only make it easier.

An Eye For the Ladies - According to his wiki, Terry can accurately guess a woman's measurements just by glancing at her.  An ability that almost certainly saw a lot of use in the King of Fighter's tournament.

Weaknesses:
Mercy - With one very arguable exception, Terry has never fought to the death.  Indeed, the idea of doing so revolts him.  Killing an opponent is just not something that Terry will willingly do, even if it is the only reasonable course of action.

Lack of Breadth - While he's travelled a lot, and seen a lot, fighting is pretty much all that Terry knows.  Well, and basketball; he has a mean dunk.  But while he won't often be surprised by what he sees, due to his travels, he doesn't know how to fire a gun, or even use a computer, and he doesn't really have any interest in learning, either.  If a kid couldn't learn it living on the streets, Terry probably doesn't know it.

MIA - Terry is still looking for Rock and Andy, and would do almost anything to get them back.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 16, 2015, 11:54:42 PM
Geralt, um... soils princesses.  ::)

So is that why he wound up shackled to the bed that one time?

Rel Mayer

Looking good, Flying Tengu! I'm going to have Blue Nova take a glance at it before you're approved!

Blue Nova

Nice! Like the matching back story too. Cant wait until he sees Shao Kahn during the tournament, and possibly has a chance at him in the ring.

Approved Tengu! move him over to the Character Sheets thread!

Also, Warden I will approve your guy too, but you already have two characters, so you would have to retire Rachel or Faith.

Basically everyone is allowed 3 potential characters. One in Main Story threads at a time, but 2 can be in Side Scene threads. I also allow a third to be reserved, unless someone else who doesn't have a character yet wants that one, then they take priority because they have less.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 17, 2015, 11:02:48 AM
Nice! Like the matching back story too. Cant wait until he sees Shao Kahn during the tournament, and possibly has a chance at him in the ring.

Approved Tengu! move him over to the Character Sheets thread!

Also, Warden I will approve your guy too, but you already have two characters, so you would have to retire Rachel or Faith.

Can do.  Bye, Rachel

Blue Nova

Flying Tengu

Very good.  I've posted Terry in the Character Sheets thread.  Let me know if there's anything else I should be doing!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Flying Tengu on June 17, 2015, 02:48:23 PM
Very good.  I've posted Terry in the Character Sheets thread.  Let me know if there's anything else I should be doing!

PM is sent and you should be good to go! :D

BTW:

We're still recruiting for more players! We are lacking on the female players right now, but we'd still love to take anyone in who is interested!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 18, 2015, 12:58:00 AM
PM is sent and you should be good to go! :D

BTW:

We're still recruiting for more players! We are lacking on the female players right now, but we'd still love to take anyone in who is interested!

Yes we are, come on ladies! ITs a great group and we definitely need more gamer girls here.  ;D

Ashleebabe

Is Coercion a crime? I am not being held against my will to be here or anything. LOL jk

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 02:52:01 PM
Is Coercion a crime? I am not being held against my will to be here or anything. LOL jk

..... >_> what?...nnoooooo *hides my rope*

eternaldarkness

Kind of an intimidating game to jump into midstream, but I'll give it a better look. I didn't see a definitive list of worlds that were off-limits, and someone already snatched up Solaire, the chosen undead, and the arisen all in one fell swoop. I assume you only want fighting game characters right now? 

Lustful Bride

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 02:57:05 PM
Kind of an intimidating game to jump into midstream, but I'll give it a better look. I didn't see a definitive list of worlds that were off-limits, and someone already snatched up Solaire, the chosen undead, and the arisen all in one fell swoop. I assume you only want fighting game characters right now?

Don't feel limited to just fighting games, your character can be from anywhere. A fighting game character might be useful to you now but later on we might be in a world where stealth will be the key to survival. Just pick what you think is best  ;D

Rel Mayer

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 02:57:05 PM

Nope, you can pick anyone as long as they're not an active character or an active GM NPC. While there are some other characters not listed, I'll let you know if they're taken if you just tell me who you're interested in playing. I know that some of the GM NPCs I have - I don't mind giving up if someone is super interested. It's just on an ask and tell basis.

Actually, we have so many fighting game characters that I would almost encourage you to find something else - unless that's what you're wanting. :)

And it can be a bit intimidating, but a lot of us are here to answer questions and help ease the process! Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote from: Ashleebabe on June 18, 2015, 02:52:01 PM

* Rel Mayer gets the ropes.

You're not going anywhere, missy! MUAHAHA!

* Rel Mayer hugs hugs hugs!