The Elder Scrolls: Brothers at War [Always Room for More]

Started by Black Howling, August 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Original Premise
It's approaching the middle of the fourth era, the year of Arkay: 228. Skyrim has been in relative peace for over twenty five years following the deeds of the dragonborn, and the splitting of the province. This peace was furthered when the Thalmor broke the White-Gold Concordat five years after the split, and they were subsequently forced to withdraw from Skyrim to defend their other borders. With their exit, Ulfric ruled an independent Skyrim. At his side through this all was the mysterious, and lovely Valania. She is said to be responsible for his rationale changes, and the way he became more accepting. Though just a year after Ulfric's rule, Valania Disappeared; having bore the king only a single heir.

The High King has fallen though, found dead in his sleep. His son seeks to take the throne and continue his father's legacy, but as it always is in the cold frost bitten land,  someone challenges him. This man comes, claiming to the son of The Dragonborn; The result of his fathers affair with the Valania. With the old legends of his mother's affair reawakened, the heir to Skyrim and his half brother go to war. Some rally with the Heir, others still remember what The Dragonborn did for them, and rally with his son. Where would you stand in this conflict?

Chronology of Events
The Northern Divide: Beginning and end
4E: Year 202-207

The temporary peace treaty ushered in by the Dragonborn became a lasting ordeal. Minor skirmishes still persisted, but it seemed neither side was ready for a full on strike against the other. This tenuous peace lasted for five years before couriers from Cyrodil brought word that the Thalmor were in the midst of launching yet another assault on Imperial Territory. With this news, General Tallius was called back to Cyrodil in order to help defeat the coming enemy. His replacement proved to be far less capable of dealing with either the Nords, or Ulfric Stormcloak.

Luckily for him Ulfric had become obsessed with a woman named Valania Amreh. A beautiful sorceress known for her trademark dusky skintone, and believed to be of mixed Nord and Dunmer descent. Her near affair of a relationship with Ulfric lasted some time before she was captured by the new Imperial Governor, and held for ransom at the cost of the holds under Ulfric's control. Furious, the Would be High King planned a full on assault, but before he managed to plunge into that chaos it became known that Valania had been kidnapped by the Thalmor.

Both sides now had their eye on the coming threat within their own borders, but before they either side could launch an appropriate counter, the Dragonborn made his last charge in life. Defeating the Thalmor that had kidnapped the beautiful sorceress, he uncovered a plot the group had to awaken ancient magics that could poison all of Skyrim. He managed to break the foul curse they plotted, but in doing so he became deathly ill. Valania spirited the proud warrior away afterwards to try and help him heal. She was gone for over ten months, but returned eventually with news of the Savior's death. This is also the origin behind the rumors of her alleged affair.

From there she married Ulric stormcloak, and together they pushed the weakening imperial influence out of Skyrim. This Ulfric's leadership, and the inspiration brought on by Valania's tale of how the Dragonborn gave a gift to the peoples of Skyrim that she would see give, every hold eventually embraced his rule. The only naysayer remained Former High king Torygg's wife Elisif, but even she kept her quiet for the time being. This ushered in the Reign of Ulfric Stormloak, and a continued time of relative peace in the province.

The Reign of Ulfric Stormcloak
4E: Year 207-227

Enforced by his wife's claim that the dragonborns bestowed the gift of the dragons onto all children of Skyrim, Ulfric Stormcloak began his time as High King. The first couple years were unsteady as his prejudice against the other races was still fresh in the peoples minds. Alania's tale had lightened this, however, as it told that anyone capable of heeding the Dragonborn's call was a 'Child of Skyrim'. As even the occasional mer became capable of wielding the power of the Voice, all arguments against their right to stay in Skyrim subsided.

This time of glory for Ulfric was marred after Valania gave birth to their first, and subsequently, their only child. It seemed everything was headed toward a shining future, until shortly after the young heir's first birthday; and Valania disappeared. Ulfric, while maintaining the rule he had claimed, seemed to fall into a state of loss. The various factions within Skyrim gained more power during this time, able to sway political decisions as the High King became more reliant on them. This of course led to some corruption, but it only smoldered beneath the surface of a seemingly golden age in the harsh land.

Later on, as Ulfric reached his twilight years that Reliance on the various Factions like the companions finally came back to bite him. The empire, and the Thalmor had yet to give up on ruling that wealthy land. Bot recovering from their long war, they were unable to organize a direct strike against the sovereign nation; so they began to manipulate outcast groups within it's borders. This led to what became known as 'The Forsworn Resurgence', where the faction regained power and a new king with Thalmor aid. The High King found himself ill equipped to handle the situation, and the companions and other factions were too few to fend them off.

However, a reconstructed form of The Blades emerged as well, aided in secret by The Empire. They were able to help turn the tide, aiding in the battles until it seemed The powerful Warrior buried within Ulfric awoke. He erected his ill prepared armies, and marched them upon the forsworn, pushing them back to the fringes. They survived to continue their occasional raids on Skyrim, but it seemed The Ulfric of old was back; and some worried of what that meant for the mer in Skyrim. Fortunately, or unfortunately for some, the High king passed a short time later. Bringing an end to his rule, and the beginnings of an even greater conflict then the stormcloak rebellion.

Where We Stand Now
The son Valania left Ulfric, hardened from the Forsworn Resurgence, began his path to becoming high king. After a single year to mourn the mysterious death of his father, he invited all the Jarls to a meeting in Windhelm to discuss his coronation as High King. Many pleased with the ascension, but the aging Lady Elisif had another point to bring up. She stated that Albinus, The heir, had a legitimate challenger among them. The stares were raised, and that's when Baldr Came forward: a powerful warrior whom till now served as Eliis's thane.

Badlr stated his claim through blood of the queen and the Dragonborn, and his deed through the many accomplishments he'd made. Albinus was furious at the display, and called for his arrest; but it did not go as he planned. Roughly half the Jarl's sided that the man had a claim, and so the meting at Windhelm almost turned into a bloodbath. Through careful diplomacy, the Jarl's managed to call a delay on the meeting in hopes of cooling the situation. It only added fire to the hearth, though, for in the time since that meeting both sides have rallied their followers.

Two brothers, if Baldr's claim is true, now vie for the throne in the first succession war Skyrim has seen in generations. Every hold is caught in the conflict, every man and woman. From the Harbinger of the Companions to the opportunistic adventurer delving into the ancient dragon temples. Yet is there more here then a simple succession war? Many claim that Valania will not sit idly while her sons wage war on holy grounds, yet others say it was the witch's plan all along. The only certainty is that if not stopped, this conflict will end in a new treaty. A treaty writ with steel, and signed in royal blood.
Additional Notes on the Heirs
This is some general information Regarding the two competitors, and what their plans are.

Albinus Stormcloak: The prince has been before the eye of the people his entire life. First celebrated when it was known the Valania had first conceived, then looked upon secretly as an ill omen upon her disappearance. Despite this rough start, he quickly gained a measure of respect from his peoples. First by the word of his hunting success in his teen years, then by the word of his joining with Skyrims military. He was further adored when he climbed the 7,000 steps like his father before him to study with the reclusive Greybeards of High Hrothgar.

Popular opinion of him decreased slightly when the Forsworn Resurgence came. He proved quickly not to be the war commander his father was. One battle after another was lost, and they were holding on due to the aid the various guilds were giving them. Though once his father came out of his stupor, it seemed he taught the prince much; for it was Albinus who lead the final charges against the Forsworn. Though as of late it seems he has distanced himself from his mother's image. Many believe it is due to Baldr's appearance and thus the reawakened rumors of his mothers harlotry.

So far Albinus has brought many claims of what he'll offer Skyrim. Increased trade, continued independence and negotiations with the other provinces that his father never considered. He's also vowed to the people that he'll stop the corruption plaguing Skyrim from the guild involvement, while still keeping them as important foundations for the province. His dislike of The Empire is also well known, and he's mentioned on more then one occasion that he'll never let them get their greedy hands on the great Nation of Skyrim again.

Baldr:Far less is known about the thane of Solitude. He was largely unknown until he arrived in Elisif's court, bearing a small gift for her. It was an ancient relic from the old era, and one even the Dragonborn had seemingly failed to recover for her. This granted him immediate favor in her court, and after quite a few more accomplishments, he was risen to thane at a very young age. Considering Solitude's proximity to the borders of Skyrim, it's believed his presence is the main reason the hold did not fall into forsworn hands.

Baldr is a great commander, skilled in swordsmanship, destruction magic and Thu'ums. His connection with Elisif has many worried on his actual ability to rule politically. Some also have a distaste of how he used her to get his message across at the meeting. Regardless he's seen as the more capable leader for a time of war, but again that has people worried about the peace in skyrim being sundered.

Baldr offers Skyrim the glory of the old days. Where every Jarl had a say, where the feudal system could come back. He promises to keep the borders secured, and that no one shall take away Skyrim's independence. He has a distinct dislike of the various guilds, and many of his supporters believe he'll limit their presence in skyrim even more then the empire did. He's as of yet declined to say anything about relations with the Empire, but has made it known that the Thalmor will not be tolerated. The many public executions of captured Thalmor spies have accentuated this, and given him a slight reputation as a cruel inquisitor.

Game Rules and Information

• The Oath of Drake Obviously we're not requiring everyone in the game to take it, but at-least read it to know the type of etiquette we're expecting. It's mainly common sense, but common sense, as I've learned, is akin to common courtesy; and that's to say not everyone has it.

• Post frequency: We prefer at-least once every couple days. We know that RL takes precedence, and will understand; but at-least try. Also make sure to pm a gm if something will be keeping you away.

• Post length: We're not Elitist by any means, but no one liners. Give us all more to enjoy and at-least make sure to put out a paragraph per post.

• Game Style: Free form. However, I do have an adaptation to Moraline's lovely simple system to take care of anything that may require one.

• Open to: Anyone. We're seeking to be GBLT friendly, and hope to see a diverse group. Playing characters not of your gender is accepted as well.

• Character Options: Almost anyone. Jarl's are currently off limits, as are the two brothers. They are Storyteller run NPC's for now. Faction leaders and the like, however, are up for grabs if both me and Lady Lunarius agree on the person playing them.

More may come if Lady Lunarius sees something I missed.

Character Template and Skill rules

• Core Combat Skill Options: Destruction, One Handed, Two Handed, Block, Archery, Light Armor , Heavy Armor, Thu'um's and Unarmed

• Core Supplemental Skill Options: Restoration, Illusion, Sneak, Alteration, Lockpicking and Conjuration, Thu'um's and increased facility in Enchantment, Smithing, pickpocket, Alchmey and Speech.

• Secondary Skill Options: All Supplemental skills at lower capacity, as well as Pickpocket, Enchantment, Smithing, and speech

While you CAN choose up to four of any, don't abuse it. Another note, each category has a list of skills next to it. If it's not on that list, it cannot be placed in that category. Secondary and supplemental are of course interchangeable, but combat skills are not.

Standing stones and Tainted Blood
    In Skyrim there are 13 stones that grant the power of the constellations to those who are worthy and have made the journey. There are also a few bloodlines that taint people beyond the power these stones can grant. Here are a list of the stones, bloodlines and their relative powers.

Standing Stones

• The Warrior stone: Increases physical strength and Stamina (Not to superhuman levels, but to peak performance levels)

• The Theif stone: Increases Agility and Finesse to as Above

• The Mage Stone: Increases Magic awareness, as well as the energies to spend on Magic

• The Lover's stone: Increases Sexual Magnetism, and pheromones: making the person better able to keep attention

• The Apprentice Stone: Increases Endurance with Magic, allowing it to be used more often. Also increases magic awareness

• The Atronach stone: Allows the blessed to absorb a portion of the magic directed at them

• The Lady Stone: Increases the healing rate of wounds, as well as reducing scars left by them

• The Lord's stone: Increases endurance against both Physical and Magical Attacks. (You still get hurt, you can just shrug it off easier)

• The Ritual Stone: Allows the blessed to raise the dead around them. (Requires more then some energy)

• The Shadow Stone: Allows the blessed to make themselves invisible. (Requires energy, and the illusion fades if they attack)

• The Steed: Increases land speed, and charging strength to peak levels.

• The Tower Stone: Allows the blessed to open almost any locked door. (Requires energy)

• Mark of the Demora: Grants the power to wield fire spells from the school of destruction

The Cursed: Werewolves and Vampires

Werewolves: Beastmen cursed by the will of Hircine.
      Abilities:

• Light increases to Physical abilities while in Human Form.

• Enhanced Olfactory in and out of bestform.

• Immunity to Diseases

• The beastform: Montrous transformation with savage claws and fangs, dramatically increased strength and speed, as well as terrifying howls.

Weaknesses:

• Silver weapons: Even touching silver burns their hands, and wounds from such burn with increased pain

• Bloodlust: In beastform they can tell friend from foe, but have a perpetual need to kill. Also increases aggression in human form.

Vampires: To be Detailed Soon. Work calls.

[float=left][IMG padding=11 width=250] [/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b] 
    [i]Physically:[/i]  (If your character looks do not depict their age)
    [i]Chronologically[/i]

[b]Physical Details/Short history:[/b] 3 to 4 Paragraphs of your character's physical appearance, possibly something your image does not depict. As well as a brief history. If you want to write more that is fine.

[b]Core Combat Skills*:[/b] Please list 3 - 4
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]

[/list]

[b]Core Supplementary Skills:[/b]Please list 3 - 4
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [/list]

[b]Secondary Skills:[/b] Please list 3 - 4
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [/list]

[b]Starting Equipment:[/b]
    [list]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [/list] 

[b]Faction Affiliations:[/b] Thalmor, Thalmor resistance, Dragon Born's Heir, Ulfrics Heir, etc.....

MzHyde

Ulfric? Everyone knows he was naught but a selfish braggart, a tool used by the Thalmor to help divide the Empire so they can conquer it! What is this blasphemous and foolish alternate history you've concocted? LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

Black Howling

Wintercat

I'm interested. I liked Elder Scrolls with "Morrowind", truly delighted in "Oblivion" and found myself enjoying a fair bit of "Skyrim" too. I am quite curious to try this then, and I got no issues with Ulfric winning the war. Though I played Skyrim through both ways, I got no real stance towards or against either, I enjoyed the story from both angles.

Anyhow, I am definitely interested. Mark me down for this then.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Black Howling

Quote from: Wintercat on August 03, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
I'm interested. I liked Elder Scrolls with "Morrowind", truly delighted in "Oblivion" and found myself enjoying a fair bit of "Skyrim" too. I am quite curious to try this then, and I got no issues with Ulfric winning the war. Though I played Skyrim through both ways, I got no real stance towards or against either, I enjoyed the story from both angles.

Anyhow, I am definitely interested. Mark me down for this then.

I played through on all three, Ulfric didn't war the land got divided. The neutral point, and later the empire was forced to pull out because of the Thalmor's breach in the white-gold concordat

But, that's one interested at-least. >_>

Rajah

Definitely interested!

First question: Valania was The Dragonborn, the one everyone thinks of. Is there room for other Dragonborn of the Age? The Greybeards note, if you ask them, that it's not an "only one" kinda thing, and the Dragonborn expansion runs with that in fairly epic fashion, but there's no reason there couldn't be others chosen at the dawning of this point in history.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Black Howling

Quote from: Rajah on August 03, 2013, 02:14:11 PM
Definitely interested!

First question: Valania was The Dragonborn, the one everyone thinks of. Is there room for other Dragonborn of the Age? The Greybeards note, if you ask them, that it's not an "only one" kinda thing, and the Dragonborn expansion runs with that in fairly epic fashion, but there's no reason there couldn't be others chosen at the dawning of this point in history.

Two Interested!

Though I'm starting to wonder on the wisdom of not having that extra cup of coffee before posting this up. >_> Valania is an OC I created for this game. The Dragonborn had an affair with her. Hence why the Dargonborn's son came about.

As for your question about other Dragonborn in this time period, that actually connects into some the lore I haven't listed yet. I wanted to know if there was enough interest in a game like this before I posted it all up. I know that seems counter intuitive, but if I put in that much story I'll be obsessed, and if it didn't make it out the door I'd crash hard.

The answer in short is 'yes', and 'no'. Primarily because the Dragonborn come about when they are needed from what I understand. Alduin was that need, not the civil war in Skyrim. So one here would not make much sense and would risk derailing the game into "Main Character Syndrome". I did create a workaround, involving the fall of the Dragonborn, however, that places the mystic power in his blood being spread to others upon his death. On a lesser scale, but also still allowing some easier access to Thu'um's.

However, before that bit becomes official I'll be discussing it with my Co-GM. Mentioned in the first post as the one that convinced me to post this up in the first place.

Wargtass

I'm so easily suckered into these things.  ::)

Count me in as interested, I'll be back from my duties in a few days to make a definite decision.
O/O

Rajah

Quote from: Black Howling on August 03, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
However, before that bit becomes official I'll be discussing it with my Co-GM. Mentioned in the first post as the one that convinced me to post this up in the first place.

Sounds good to me. Maybe there's a need we just don't know about yet?  :P But yeah, what I was really asking about was the Thu'um, so if that's around in some workable form that's just fine.

Wintercat

Personally thinking of a Khajiit with interests in Thieving and Magic. Thu'ums are very amusing but at least personally I would like playing a character without having access to them, they can be interesting but I'd figure it would be good that if there are some with lesser abilities at least one didn't have any of them at all.

Plus, personally I think having a character who is more interested in bit of sneakiness and practical uses of magic might be interesting.

Hmm, actually... (Feel free to disregard this but thought I'd outline the concept in my mind at this time in some form)

Name: Jo'Shaar Zahir
Race: Khajiit
Focus: Magic and Stealth

Primary Skills: Alchemy, Destruction, One-Handed, Restoration, Illusion, Sneak
Secondary Skills: Archery, Alteration, Conjuration, Enchanting, Lockpicking, Speech
Tertiary Skills: Block, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Pick-Pocket, Smithing, Two-Handed

Jo'Shaar is a Khajiit with a keen mind and a bit of mischief on his mind from time to time. He isn't too shy about the fact he knows his way around the basic locks, claiming its a necessary skill when searching through old ruins or bandit camps. He's also rather quiet on his feet which combined with his knowledge of illusion causes some surprises that have earned him a prankster's reputation. He's always willing to mix a potion for a friend though, or step up to a fight if that becomes necessary.

He's not very keen on wearing too much protective gear though, preferring to dance around his foes rather than to stop and get hit. He's not weak but he prefers swift movement over strong strikes, preferring lighter one-handed weapons to the heavier though more powerful two-handed gear. While he knows how to work on locks, he seems to prefer to not dip his fingers in other people's pockets where it can be helped, finding that inherently risky and usually not worth it.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: MzHyde on August 03, 2013, 01:24:21 PM
Ulfric? Everyone knows he was naught but a selfish braggart, a tool used by the Thalmor to help divide the Empire so they can conquer it! What is this blasphemous and foolish alternate history you've concocted? LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

HERE HERE!!! *Cough*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! Co-GM here!!!  Thought I'd peek in and see what other interest we could gather! A little background! I've been dying for a Skyrim game and thought I'd seduce talk howling into making one up. I'm an Imperial through and through, but I don't mind betraying my heart for some good ol' fun with the heretics and loons. >.>

Anyways, any questions feel free to ask, I'm happy to see outlines and the like, but for now we're just looking at interest. Once we have a little more interest the full plot will be posted and we'll put up the template for the character sheets. Though you're welcome to work on ideas and the like. ^_^ *Bounces around*
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

As a note, while I'm gone feel free to ask lady luna above any questions you may have about the game. She knows most all the plans.

While I'd love to be the one answering them, I'm at work on my phone and can only blow off counting money for so long.

Sara Nilsson

oo ooo oooo!!! *waves hand madly* me me me me!! pick meeeee!!! super interested *nods lots*

Black Howling

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 03, 2013, 10:53:23 PM
oo ooo oooo!!! *waves hand madly* me me me me!! pick meeeee!!! super interested *nods lots*
Sold to the pretty lady in pig tails!!  ;D

And that marks quite a bit more interest. Enough so I'm feeling much more confident moving ahead with this.

Some things I'd like to know from everyone that has expressed interest thus far. Give you something to do as well while I work up the entirety of the plot into something easy on the eyes.

• What Type of character are you interested in playing?

• Would you enjoy plot points from your backgrounds appearing in game?

• How familiar are you with TES history/lore?

• Have you ever seen The Oath of Drake for group games?

Sara Nilsson

What Type of character are you interested in playing?

* been playing so many mages lately I wouldn't mind playing a more warrior oriented character but I am reaaaally flexible so whatever suits the story and  group best :) In all likelyhood not a khajit or argonian though, i just never felt a connection with those. probably dunmer or nord.

Would you enjoy plot points from your backgrounds appearing in game?

* I would yes :)

How familiar are you with TES history/lore?

*Own and played every single one to death. I think I know.. some of it :)

Have you ever seen The Oath of Drake for group games?

* yuppers

Rajah

What type of character are you interested in playing?

Name: Takh Gro-Valamog
    Race: Orsimer
    Concept: Philosopher-priest from an Orsinium-affiliated stronghold, a missionary (and religiously-motivated adventurer) to Skyrim. Also a werebear. He serves Kyne, and believes the tumult in Skyrim is a test of her children to determine who is worthy to lead; thus, he involves himself as a mercenary and instrument of her will.

Major Skills: Block, Heavy Armor, Illusion, Lycanthropy, Speech, Two-Handed

Background's in the past. I'd enjoy opportunities to grow my character in play, more than anything. I'm not averse, but I think it's better to focus on the story you're telling, you know?

Moderately. I played Oblivion and Skyrim, and have done a fair amount of reading. I even understand CHIM, about as well as transcendental omnipotent love-based anagnorisis can be understood. But I should know the basics. My CHARACTER should be fairly well-versed in culture and lore (given his vocation), but not so well as I am, I suppose.

Nope! A brief scan seems to suggest it's just common courtesy codified, eh?

Primarch

If you're still accepting, I may be interested. What role would our characters play? Just adventurers siding with one or the other, or faction leaders (Companions/College) who's support makes a bigger deal?

Black Howling

Quote from: Primarch on August 04, 2013, 07:35:00 AM
    If you're still accepting, I may be interested. What role would our characters play? Just adventurers siding with one or the other, or faction leaders (Companions/College) who's support makes a bigger deal?

One of the things I love so much about TES is the sand box style gaming, an awesome conflict based backdrop and overarching plot that keeps things on track. My attempt with this game is capture all those elements. So the short answer to your question is: whatever role you want them to play.

Obviously it can get more complicated then that, but I really wanna capture that kinda freedom in this roleplay.
    As for recruitment. It hasn't even begun yet. I'm just passing the interest check phase. More detail to the game will be posted this afternoon along with open recruitment beginning.

I'm posting this from my phone at work right now, otherwise we'd already be at that point. Forgive any typos for that fact.

[edited slightly on lunch break]

Wintercat

Well now, seeing as there's been a few questions, I figured I'd post here again a bit.

What Type of character are you interested in playing?  - I tend to play mages & rogues most commonly, and I tend to identify with felines (though with TES I have mostly played Altmer, the High Elves, due to the magicka bonus they enjoy) and as such would be playing a Khajiit Mage/Thief of sorts. I posted a little bit about that character idea before already.

Would you enjoy plot points from your backgrounds appearing in game?  - That could be an interesting way to go, though would be curious to see how that would work out with a group. Nonetheless I think it could be fair to include some past events affecting some situations slightly.

How familiar are you with TES history/lore?  - I have played "Morrowind", "Oblivion" and "Skyrim" for a fair while each. Mostly Oblivion but Skyrim has seen its hours of gameplay for me as well. I know the least about Morrowind, its magic-system didn't appeal to me as much as the ones in Oblivion and Skyrim (being the one game where magicka only returned by resting, making playing mages a pain).

I haven't been reading lore from the wikis about the game but I have a passing knowledge on things that took place and I have quite enjoyed TES world, and found its 'Aedra' vs 'Daedra' set-up very interesting. Gods and 'Devils' but with both seemingly interesting, and not all of it 'black and white' either. (Still consider Azura to be a very 'good' Daedra for thought)

Have you ever seen The Oath of Drake for group games?  - Yes, and Swore to follow it a long time ago. I try to be respectful in all situations and if I find I can't go through a game with a group for some reason (hasn't really happened yet) then I will inform the folks that I will step down and leave rather than cause trouble.

A&A

Snark

What type of character are you interested in playing?

Name: Valen
    Race: Bosmer/Wood Elf
    Concept: A mage, a scholar and a bit of a drunk.  He's spent much of his life in Winter Hold with the other mages. When he wasn't out doing some research  on Dwemer ruins or Skyrim's legendary "snow elves".His taste for drink and distrust of Altmer has let him befriend many of the lands Nords. His only politic cuase to free the other nations as Ulfric and the Dragonborn freed Skyrim from the Thalmor.

Major Skills: Restoration, Conjuration, Destruction, and Speech

Sure! Why not?

I've played just Oblivion and Skyrim, and a tiny bit of Marrowind, but I've read up on some wikis out of curiosity, so I consider myself fairly well versed, though not an expert.

I haven't.

Lady Lunarius

• What Type of character are you interested in playing?

Name: Nalie
      Race: Altmer/High Elf
      Gener: Female
      Concept: Former Thalmor. Her mother was/is a high ranking noble woman. She grew up within the ranks of the Thalmor's elite, and betrayed them later on. She is a well known scholar, though not many know her by face,but name alone. She's written much on the Dragon Born, as well as the Thalmor, (the latter being rare in circulation thanks to her mothers efforts) and much more. Her years of study and practice has gained her much knowledge and skill in Magery.

Core Combat Skills*: *Willing to change up based on need. Her primary role will be a Mage though.

• Light Armor
      • Destruction Magic
      • One Handed

Core Supplementary Skills:

• Restoration
      • Alteration
      • Conjuration
      • Alchemy

Secondary Skills:

• Stealth/Sneak
      • Illusion
      • Enchanting

• Would you enjoy plot points from your backgrounds appearing in game?
      Yes I have a few to offer as well.

• How familiar are you with TES history/lore?

I am well versed, I have played Skrim, and studied profusely on the Wikia.

• Have you ever seen The Oath of Drake for group games?
      Yes and I live by it to the best of my abilities.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Alright, great responses from everyone thus far!

I know we need to reply to a couple PMs, and maybe a few replies in the thread. Trust me, we're working on it! I also apologize for the delay, I had some issues with a certain mini breaking my concentration during the whole thing.

Lady Lunarius

Forgive Howling's ....sad sad lapse in GMing. He'll have the skin I created up in a jiffy. <3
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

:Cough: I don't how that slipped my mind, but it's fixed now... :Cough:

I've been away for too long.  ::)

Lady Lunarius

So here's my character as an example. Questions or concerns please feel free to pm or post them here. You never know if someone has the same question you do, until you ask it. <3

Name: Nalie Rotecar

Race: High Elf

Physical Details/Short history:

Standing at 5' 7" Nalie well formed body is built from years of battle and training. Although a mage, much of the travelling she has done has helped her in building much of the stamina she is blessed with today.  Her long white blond hair falls in straight falls over her shoulders and mid back, thought it is her eyes that are her most noticeable feature.

Pure black, as her father joked, a reflection of her mothers soul within their daughters eyes. She never found such a joke amusing. Nor did her mother. Which was possibly why she had him killed when Nalie was still considered a young girl. The older Nalie became, the less she began to see things the way her mother did. Then it happened, one day, Nalie had enough of the games of the Thalmor and left, joining with the resistance.

In the years leading up to now, she's built a reputation within the resistance. Her research, as well as the knowledge she's passed on of the Thalmor themselves has proven to be most beneficial to the resistance.

Core Combat Skills*:

• Light Armor
    • Destruction Magic
    • One Handed
    Core Supplementary Skills:

• Restoration
    • Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Alchemy
    Secondary Skills:

• Stealth/Sneak
    • Illusion
    • Enchanting
    Starting Equipment:

• Light Armor (Cyrodillic Mage Armor)
    • Dragon Priest Staff (Conjures Wall of Lightning)
    • Loosely Bound collection of various alchemy recipes (Will elaborate if needed).
    • Alchemy Pouch with ingredients (Will elaborate if needed).
    • Map of Skyrim
    • (4)Potion of Healing
    • (4)Potion of Stamina
    • (1 each)Potion of Resist Fire, and shock
    • (1)Frenzy Potion
    • 129 Septims
    • Small satchel
    • Gold Locket: Fortify Alchemy
    • (3) Venison Steak
    Faction Affiliations: Thalmor Resistance, Undecided on the events concerning the heir apparent(s). [/spoiler]
    LaLu's Delicious treats!