News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interstellar Slave Hunters

Started by Seereous, May 09, 2008, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seereous

Greetings to all. I pray that you have been blessed so far this year.

I have an idea that I require the masterful touch of the Elliquiy gang.

As you probably guessed from the title, I have an idea for an Interstellar Slave Hunt. As the economy of Earth grew, so did the population. Already overcrowded, Earth decided that it was time to reach for the stars. That was several thousand years ago, and the haves still have while the have nots, well, you get the point.

During the course of the establishment of the Imperium of Man, they have since come into contact with several alien cultures which have introduced several new things to their human neighbors. One of the things that has be introduced is slavery. Yes, Earth has had slavery, history is full of it, but this concept is so alien that it is practically new all over again.

That is where you all come in. I am looking for those that wish to be slaves, man or woman, human or alien. With that in mind I need the hunters, those that will brave the perils of the universe to retrieve what their clients want most, new and exotic flesh. For some that means going into the deepest jungles of Shaktar Rul to hunt the elusive Erindery, the cat people. Or, your client may enjoy the melodious voice and delicacy of the Feyin, the elf like race of the planet Alfaryn. Keep in mind though that for some the most exotic of all flesh is that of a human woman in all of their various shapes, sizes and colors.

As a hunter you will have to brave the elements and the terrain of vast worlds to hunt your prey. And just to make matters more interesting, you may just have to contend with another hunter, so you could very likely find yourself in a situation of hunter vs. hunter vs. prey.

This will be a freeform game, so you are limited only by your imagination. Any race can be used, but I would like to see some originality.

Keep in mind that when you catch your prize, that's only the beginning. You then have to transport your catch to the Slave Colony of Mintar 7, a planet that thrives on the slave trade. Consider it the crossroads of the galaxy.

What will you choose? The slave trader that is just in this to make a quick credit, or the poacher that follows in the wake of others hunters only to kill them after their catch has been their guard down so you can sweep in for the credits? Sure there are Guild Laws against that kind of thing, but if you don't leave any witnesses.... Besides, who's going to believe a slave.

Now go forth and happy hunting.

Kitikat

I am greatly, greatly liking this idea. I am assuming you want PM's to be heading your way with character ideas?
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

Seereous

That would be correct.

My hope is to get this into a Big Game, each thread being a planet were a hunt is happening. The hunts don't have to happen on jungle planets or anything like that. They could be in the middle of a planet where most of it is city.

I will be writing up the Guild Laws for the Hunter's Guild, though a hunter may be independent if the player so chooses. And for those that wish to be slaves, the adventure doesn't stop on Mintar 7. Once you are there, the Hunter's Guild takes possession of you, which means that some may get to...sample the merchandise. Then we have the buyers, so there is a story to be had on Mintar 7 as well. I guess this is my way of saying that those that wish can have multiple characters.

I still want to get a few more players in before I try to get us set up.

The Great Triangle

For some reason, I have an impure desire to play a hyper sexy shade of the color pink...
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

When this game gets started will you allow others to join in after the fact? 

I am clueless about big games..but...this idea does intrigue me ;D

Praxis

I have this on the "follow up when it fleshes out" list.

Definitely interested.

Max

Hm, am liking the idea of this game.  Perhaps someone wants to try to catch this Erindery?   :)

"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

Vandren

Interested, but unavailable until June 7th (heading on a computer-less vacation in two weeks).  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

I am interested as well. Have to think a bit about a character but a hunter or perhaps a broker in the slave trade.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Seereous

I'm glad to see there is interest.

All of those that are interested right now, PM me your character ideas and when I see what everyone wants to play I'll let everyone pair themselves up and the hunts shall begin.

Those that wish to join later are always welcome, of course.

I would like to keep this as even as possible for the Hunter/Prey ratio, but if there is a particularly dangerous prey out there that needs to be hunted, I am not opposed to hunters going out in teams. The possibilities for this game are endless, truly. If anyone has ideas of their own that would enhance the game play, then by all means send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Here is what I need right now as far as Character Sheets is concerned.

Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight:
Homeworld:
Physical Description:
Favored Weapons:
Vessel:
Guild Level: Apprentice, Novice, Journeyman, Master (Apprentices cannot hunt alone, that's why they are called apprentices. This gives those that wish to work together some character development time and a story within a story. :) )
Background: Why are you a Hunter? If you're a slave, what were you doing before you were being hunted?

For those that are developing their own races, send me a PM with that info as well. Be creative, be descriptive, and most important, have fun!

I have to go to work soon, so I will get us a board set up tomorrow. Working nights is no fun sometimes. :(

With myself included we have six people, with a few more waiting to see what happens. I would like some more though, so please tell all your friends about this game. Bring more players! The more the merrier.

Praxis

So...what if we all were on ONE ship and were all apprentices together?

getting trained by one person and going on a slave-grabbing-rampage on some manner of paradise planet...before we get involved with ranks and our own ship and such?

Or...I'm being a silly douche and I'll shut up and simpyl be glad to take part in what you originally intended. ;)

Seereous

So far I have character sheets from 3 people: Kitikat, Heritikat, and Ender. I want to get a few more character sheets, and if no one wants to be a slave, then we may have to go with Ender's idea of us being Apprentices, though that was not my intent.

Also, we can not have a Big Game until the game has survived a little while, so we can either do a Small Game with several threads, of bishrook has volunteered her Big Game thread Space Patrol so we can keep the OOC, Guild Laws, and hunt threads together in one place. Voice your opinions so I can let her know.

Snag in a couple of ladies so that we either have people to "play" with or someone to hunt. :)

Greenthorn

Welllllllllll...I did say I liked the idea and *peeks under dress* and I -am- a chick and I would want to be a slave  ::)

I just have no idea how to play in big games like this.. and my imagination is lacking when it comes to creating a strange race *laughs*

Someone wanna hold my hand?

Adere

I'll go for it aswell. I'll be a slave I guess, should be interesting >.> ^_^

Seereous

Well, Greenthorn, don't think of it so much as a big game as a bunch of little parts to a big whole. :) We'll be happy to help. You don't have to create a new race or anything, you can be a human, elf, whatever. Just fill out the character sheet and PM it to me and I'll help you on your way. :)

Yay, Tenerlo!!! Welcome aboard, sweets.

Adere

Thankies ^_^ So when do we start? And what is required on the character sheet?

Seereous

Tenerlo, a bit higher up in the thread is the basic character sheet.

All, I'm going to talk to bishrook tonight to get us a couple of threads set up in her Space Patrol board so we can keep all of our posts together. Hopefully soon I'll have a link or links for everyone.

Praxis

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 12, 2008, 07:46:13 PM

Someone wanna hold my hand?

I can hold your hand...and some other...finer parts.

Adere

Name: Kai Varzan
Race: Altarian
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125
Homeworld: Altara
Physical Description: long lavender hair and sapphire eyes with purple lips and a blue jeweled star upon her forehead.
Favored Weapons: What ever she can get her hands on.
Vessel: None, hidding on a refugee planet of traders.
Guild Level: Slave
Background: She once was a slave, owned by a trader named Valor. He was very good to her but died after having her for only 2 years, killed by his rival Calmon. She was only 14 Once he killed Valor, Calmon assumed all of the things owned by his victim, including Kai. Once he saw her and found out the race she was, he instantly toook her to market to be sold. She was a rare species, her planet being distroyed almost one century ago. Only a few of her kind survived it, but those that did either were in hiding, or where hunted down to be sold as slaves.

After being sold, she lived with another man for over 7 years and was used in what ever way he wished, the problem was that he was a rather unhealthy man. He ate way to much and many things he shouldn't. Most of her duties included cooking, though he did use her for his sexual desires aswell and it had always made her sick. He did like to bathe much either.

No one was quiet sure how she escaped, but she did, and had been on the loose for about a year now. Currently she was hidding on the refugee planet "Hyrak".

Max

Name:  Alexsandr "Alex" Vargr (AKA Sandy).
Race:  Genetically modified human with canine DNA.
Height:  6'6".
Weight:  275 pounds.
Homeworld:  Beta Aquilla 3 (Haven).
Physical Description:  Alex looks like a large bipedal dog.  Black fur covers him from his neck down his back, the fur over his chest being a brown color, the fur over his head and face being a sandy blond color.  Eyes are a washed out blue.  He is usually dressed in simple, sturdy pants, which does have a hole for his stubby tail, and a loose comfortable shirt. 
Favored Weapons:  Teeth.  Low powered rifle.
Vessel:  None.
Guild Level:  Merchandise.
Background:  Sandy, a name he hates, was created by GenTech Toys, a company specializing in creating custom genetic toys for the aristocracy.  Before he could be delivered, he was freed by a group opposed to the practice.  Adopting the last name of Vargr, he travelled with the group for a time, before settling down on Beta Aquilla 3, known to its inhabitants as Haven.  He Lives there, hunting local game for food, and acting as a part time defender.  His training as a bodyguard for his owner coming in handy nowadays.

Ons and offs:

Max

Drat, someone caught the reference, was hoping it was obscure enough for no one to have noticed.   :)

No, am not.  Have a lot of Traveller stuff, especially GURPS:  Traveller, but only played it a couple of times.  Don't know to many around here that play it. 

Ons and offs:

Seereous

Okay all. I've set us up in bishrook's Space Patrol board so we can keep the posts together. There is a OOC Thread, a thread for the planet of Mintar VII (you have to take the slaves somewhere), and for the Character Sheets that I have approved. So, please move the OOC discussions there and start discussing who is hunting who. When you have that figured out, please send me a PM with the two characters names and the name of the planet where the hunt is going to happen and I will set you up a thread.

Thank you all for expressing your interest and being patient as I get this set up. Please bear with me in the early stages of the game, this is my first go at being a GM. Be gentle.

Here's the link for the Space Patrol board: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=90.0

bunn

**Bump**

We may need more hunters =)

Custos Morum

Name: Jacob Thorn
Race: Cyborg/human
Height: 1,76 m
Weight: 30 kg
Homeworld: Alpha Centauri
Physical Description: From top to bottom, Jacobs feet is perfectly shaped, as if a Greek, ancient sculptist would have done them. The same goes for his knees, pelvic area chest and neck. It's what the brosure said it would be. Most of Jacobs body is artificial, and built to be as average as possible, that including his medium build and spotless skin. His skintone is hard to place and borders betwen caukasian to asian. His hair is blonde as any sunshine, and his eyes are empty and freakishly blue.
Favored Weapons: Anything that's blunt or shoots projectiles in some sort of trajectory.
Vessel: None yet.
Guild Level: Aprentice

Background: The numbers rose as scientists watched in dread what the alien immigrants brought with them. In the early history of mankinds spacetraveling, they thought that diseases caught from other, alien species would be harmless, they being adapted to a completely different immune system. They were fatally wrong.

One of the plagues that even today roams Alpha Centauri, is the virus known to the public as the "death of puberty". The virus kills anybody who has gone through puberty through slow suffocation, and has filled both the graveyards and the orphanages with centaurians. The management and earth government branch struggled desperately for a solution, but found only one. The ethics had to be put aside, as more and more people died the horrible death. The answer was, in unschooled terms "Robotification". A process where you replace the majority of the organs, including lobes of the brain, pending on weather it can be infected or not. The technology had more good things to it than flaws, but one of them was the risks involving the brain.

Jacob is a posterchild in these manners. Nearly 22, his emotional level is about zero. His story is a tragic one. He was "Robotized" at the age of 15, and everything seemed to go in the right direction until the bio-implants started to spread in his brain, conquering the frontallobe, were the center of personality is. The people in white coats still think old Jacob lives in there, somewhere, but that the bio-tech matter suppresses it and hinders the nervous signals to take effect. Jacob is, in any case as personal as a microwave. He thinks as a human, only completely without feelings, and relies solemnly on logic, making him extremely intelligent. The only thing that keeps him from killing a person, is the consequences that it would lead to, including penalty and the loss of a handy person to have in the vicinity. One should note that he has as much sex-drive as anybody else in his age, it's simply not personal.

Jacob Thorn was enrollled by force into the hunting business as an apprentice, mainly because he is skilled at whatever he does. Secondly because some scientists think that a lot of emotionall stress could break free parts of his brain, effectively "reviving" him.

Haibane

Is this game still happening? I'm not approved yet but this one appeals to me so I'll volunteer as a female slave if and when I become an approved site member.