I'm hoping amazon delivers here cuz Becky didn't pack a superhero costume. :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Flower

RedPhoenix

Dragongoddess

Doesn't the hotel have some kind of tourist gift shop or something that might be prepared with costumes for the party?

Giantmutantcrab

They'll all have brand new costumes with the tags still on them.

Flower

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 18, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
Doesn't the hotel have some kind of tourist gift shop or something that might be prepared with costumes for the party?

Excellent idea. xD

Peripherie

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Flower

Thank you. <3 You guys are awesome! We're all tied up againsss.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Flower on July 18, 2018, 08:26:48 PM
Thank you. <3 You guys are awesome! We're all tied up againsss.

Well how about a combination?

Masked superhero ball.

Dragongoddess

Kit Cat

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 18, 2018, 10:04:07 PM
Well how about a combination?

Masked superhero ball.

I third this but...aren't most hero's masked anyway?

Also, Harley is super and a hero to many!

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Kit Cat on July 19, 2018, 04:23:40 AM
I third this but...aren't most hero's masked anyway?

Also, Harley is super and a hero to many!

What I meant was evening gowns and tuxedos but with superhero masks. Elegant yet functionnal.

With skin tight suits underneath.

Also Harley can be my heroine any day. :P

Kit Cat

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 19, 2018, 07:55:30 AM
What I meant was evening gowns and tuxedos but with superhero masks. Elegant yet functionnal.

With skin tight suits underneath.

Also Harley can be my heroine any day. :P

Now that would be fun!

Perhaps you could have it where, throughout the night, not only do you have to work out who is under the mask, but what superhero they will 'reveal' themselves to be underneath the gowns and tux's at the end of the night too!

RedPhoenix

Kit Cat

Kinsey isn't complex, she's just overcomplicated...or is that me ???

HockeyGod

I was thinking a masquerade 80s dance with singing.

That was a tough vote, but...I mean...

https://youtu.be/ThHz9wlBeLU

Jaclyn

Um, I guess no one has the guts to actually post in the topic? Or is it just me?

Sorry, I wanna write and everyone else seems to want to talk about writing instead of actually writing. Or is it just me?

Flower

Whoah there. xD Let's keep it friendly.

There is nothing wrong with people discussing writing. From the looks of it, most folks are excited and making plans for the upcoming party. I enjoy active OOCs. It helps people feel more comfortable writing with each other.

If you rather not wait, perhaps jump in Peri's open post. If that option isn't to your tastes, maybe you can suggest a side scene to someone or even create an open post somewhere in the hotel and advertise it to potential writing partners?

HockeyGod

I'm still trying to find my way in the game - it moved REALLY fast and was hard to keep up ;)

Has anyone tagged Brandon-bar that I missed?

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 19, 2018, 07:36:01 PM
Um, I guess no one has the guts to actually post in the topic? Or is it just me?

Sorry, I wanna write and everyone else seems to want to talk about writing instead of actually writing. Or is it just me?

I've been fairly busy with work since May. I'm a pest control technician, so 50 to 60-hour work weeks are commonplace for the summer.

Sorry for not having quite as much free time as I would like to actually sit down and create a character for this.

I'll get on it ASAP.

Flower

There's no need for apologies.

We'll look to getting this party started sooner than later. Perhaps a common event will make it easier for characters to meet and mingle with each other.  :-)

HockeyGod

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 19, 2018, 07:56:58 PM
I've been fairly busy with work since May. I'm a pest control technician, so 50 to 60-hour work weeks are commonplace for the summer.

Sorry for not having quite as much free time as I would like to actually sit down and create a character for this.

I'll get on it ASAP.

The work you do...you are my hero! I live out in the middle of the woods and my pest control technician is nearly my best friend - his name's Nate...great guy. Comes out every season to check things and spray things down. I try to not use the powerful poison because I don't want something bigger to eat something and get sick.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: HockeyGod on July 19, 2018, 08:15:14 PM
The work you do...you are my hero! I live out in the middle of the woods and my pest control technician is nearly my best friend - his name's Nate...great guy. Comes out every season to check things and spray things down. I try to not use the powerful poison because I don't want something bigger to eat something and get sick.

May I ask what the pests in your area are? Perhaps I can help you find ways to handle the problem without resorting to poisons.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on July 19, 2018, 08:18:09 PM
May I ask what the pests in your area are? Perhaps I can help you find ways to handle the problem without resorting to poisons.

Sadly living out in the woods I've got everything, but they are all managed.

For mice I have the inside traps with powder in them. I haven't had a mouse for over 2 years. I also have traps all along the perimeter of the house.

For spiders and other bugs the windows get sprayed twice a year.

I have tons of other wildlife around me - including deer, turkeys, and a bear - but none of the "pest" critters have bothered me - bats, bees, wasps...the carpenter ants can be annoying but I dispatch them quickly.