• Prince Truhan, rich guy
    • mia h, one of the wealthy people
  • HAVE-NOTS:

• Triggvi, bodyguard for Darrow Huck's char, ex-Imperial Marine
    • NicciKotor, dangerously sexy bounty hunter
    • Branwen, ship's steward
    • Marie Reynolds, popular entertainer

Does that work for everyone?

Anyone else jumping into the game at this point will be among the have-nots, since we have plenty of rich passengers.

I will post the first steps of character creation tomorrow!

NicciKotor

Oh I will be a HAVES soon enough, once I kidnap this loser, throw him in some crate, and ship him back to his mommy. Muyqwhahahahaha!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

evangel

I don't have enough blood in my head to object to this. Anyway, sounds good. Thanks a lot, dude.

Branwen

Cool!  I'm the only mundane, humdrum, commonplace character here.  I like that!

Thank you for the status update and listing.

Leyarite

Hurrah for my illegal brain ! \o/

*Look at Branwen* One woman to please us all, I hope it won't be too much of a hassle young lady.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Leyarite on November 03, 2012, 03:01:47 PM
Hurrah for my illegal brain ! \o/

*Look at Branwen* One woman to please us all, I hope it won't be too much of a hassle young lady.

Indeed. Going to have to give her spanks if she falls off in her job duties.

Leyarite

Indeed, physical punishment is always a possibility if she fails in her duty.

Branwen

NicciKotor

Quote from: Branwen on November 03, 2012, 03:07:02 PM
Yikes!  Looks like I better have a high END!

"Clearly you need a spanking right now for forgetting to get us our drinks. So come along now girl, present yourself for your punishment..."

Branwen

Umm, wait.  No, I mean, um...

*backs into the wall, holding her hands out in front*

Lifeboat drill!  Everyone go to your emergency stations!

*runs*

Leyarite

I do hope you are not one of those lowly wenches who fail on purpose so they can share an intimate moment with a noble. This kind of behavior is quiet vulgar and would require an even stronger punishment.

Branwen

I'm going to end up looking like an extra in a slime movie, aren't I?  Well, let me go get my goggles...

Leyarite

I am sure we will meet several females in our adventure who will be able to alleviate your burden, willingly or not.

Rook Seidhr

It's character generatin' time!

Character generation in Traveller is enormously fiddly, a game in itself, which is why I am going to do it for you. You answer a few questions, I build characters until I make one that looks like what you say you want, then I show it to you for final approval. (If you are an experienced Traveller player and have the Mongoose Traveller books, you can make your own character. In fact, make three or four. Send me the one you like the best via PM.)

Question 1: How old are you? Pick an age in the range 22-45. The older you are, the more skill points you will have, but your physical stats may drop as a result of aging penalties. Also, if you are trying to pick up hot young members of the appropriate sex, your chances may suffer if you are old enough that it's creepy. (House rule, but an obvious one, I think.)

Question 2: What have you done with your life? Pick from the following careers. If you are over 30, you may choose two careers; you will get more skills from the first than the second, and the total number of skills you get will be approximately the same as if you took only one career. The Haves must choose only from the "Rich Careers" list, the Have-Nots cannot choose from that list. (Yes, experienced players, there are a shit-ton more careers than I listed here. I judged them less appropriate for this game, but if you want to make a character using them, feel free.)

• Rich Careers:

• Archaeologist
    • Athlete
    • Collector
    • Critic
    • Explorer
    • Gamer
    • Hunter
    • Philanthropist
    • Socialite
    • Sportsman
    • Wastrel
  • Space Careers:

• Belter
    • Field Researcher
    • Merchants
    • Navy
    • Pirate
    • Scouts
    • Smuggler
  • Military Careers:

• Army
    • Marines
  • Civilian Careers:

• Blue-Collar Worker
    • Clergy
    • Colonist
    • "Companion"
    • Doctor
    • Entertainer
    • Laboratory Scientist
    • White-Collar Worker
  • "Gritty" Careers:

• Assassin
    • Bounty Hunter
    • Burglar
    • Con Artist
    • Corporate Agent
    • Criminal Enforcer
    • Drifter
    • Hacker
    • Law Enforcement
    • Private Investigator
    • Tomb Robber

Question 3: What is your interpersonal style? How do you try to get what you want from someone? Do you negotiate? Fast-talk? Plead from the heart? Offer reasoned argument? Intimidate? Something else? Pick two, a main and a fallback.

Question 4: Are you any good in a fight? If so, are you a knife fighter? A pistolero? A marksman? What's your fighting style ("hide behind something nice and solid while other people do the fighting" is a permissible answer)?

Question 5: What kind of world do you come from? Water world? Desert planet? Boring agricultural world? Scrappy frontier colony? Heavily-populated industrial planet? Tourist world for the rich? Asteroid belt where miners strike it rich or die poor? Give me something to work with.

Question 6: What else are you particularly good at? Name two or three things. I'll translate them into skill points, or PM you with questions.

Question 7: What sort of person are you in general? Kind? Aggressive? Cautious? Tactful? Give me a few keywords that describe you, both positive and negative.

Send your answers to me by PM, don't post to the thread.

Once I have your answers, I will PM you if there are any key decisions that have to be made that I can't answer from the above. (There probably will be one or two.)

Rook Seidhr

Branwen

Rook Seidhr

Branwen

Oh. Um, oops!  Sorry!  I'll make one and PM it to you.

Rook Seidhr

I've finished designing the ISV Aruba, the starship aboard which you'll be traveling!

The Aruba is an Agidaar Nalo-class TL15 300dt yacht. She boasts a 2G maneuver drive and jump-3 capability. Three hardpoints are fitted with two standard laser turrets and one sandcaster turret. An advanced ship's computer with highly automated controls minimizes maintenance requirements. Crew of 10 consists of captain, pilot, navigator, sensors/comms operator, two gunners, engineer, purser, steward and chef; berths are available for 6 luxury class passengers (including one ultra-deluxe owner's suite) and 4 mid passengers. A full sickbay and 4 medical low berths are available in case of emergency. Additional deluxe fittings include a full galley for meals cooked from fresh ingredients, fore and aft luxury lounges, and a full gymnasium capable of being converted to a regulation vari-G handball court. A 40dt cargo hold offers ample room for baggage and any goods accumulated in the course of travel.

Deck plans…someday. I hate drawing them, but I know we'll need them.

yesiroleplay

Still have room?  I'm thinking a bored noblewoman, though she's barely more than a girl actually. call her 20-to-22. with both more and less world-experience than the typical woman of that age.  She has serious musical talent, which has been quite thorough discouraged and under-developed by her family and the family servants.  She of course is soundly trained in classical music and all the talents a good noble girl has to know to succeed at landing a suitable husband.  But any attempts to express herself artistically or develop friendships with the lower-class entertainers that after often invited into noble circles purely as a fad and a passing diversion have been severely punished.  She has the scars to prove it, and not just emotional ones.  In her mid-teens she gave up her 'rebellion' and learned to act the good little noble-woman.  Her major joy in life in the last few years has been stealing lovers from her mother. 

Perhaps one of the rich noble playboys on the ship was considered 'suitable' by her oppressive father and he gave his blessing when she asked to accompany him on a star-hop, or maybe she simply lied to him about what the cruise was all about, but for the first time in her life she is out from under the abusive ass's thumb, and she plans to enjoy it.

Rook Seidhr

Unfortunately, as noted above, I am not currently taking more nobles/rich folk. If you'd like to submit a servant or crew character, or to go on the waiting list in case one of the current noble players does not get back to me with character creation info in a timely fashion, I'm happy to have you.

Rook Seidhr

I have character info from:

• Darrow Huck, playing someone he hasn't named yet, presumably because he wants to know what his homeworld is first (a legitimate reason)
  • evangel, playing Jianmaria Leo
  • Leyarite, playing Eliandre Wildstar
  • Prince Truhan, playing Setzer B. Bastian
  • mia h, playing Jessica Shaw
  • NicciKotor, playing Zoey Feykiss
  • Branwen, playing Vigdis Leivsdottir

I do not have character info from:

• Triggvi
  • Marie Reynolds
PMs will be sent as well.

I will be working on character sheets today and tomorrow.

Leyarite

Quote from: Riveda on November 07, 2012, 09:27:47 AM
I have character info from:

• Darrow Huck, playing someone he hasn't named yet, presumably because he wants to know what his homeworld is first (a legitimate reason)
  • evangel, playing Jianmaria Leo
  • Leyarite, playing Eliandre Wildstar
  • Prince Truhan, playing Setzer B. Bastian
  • mia h, playing Jessica Shaw
  • NicciKotor, playing Zoey Feykiss
  • Branwen, playing Vigdis Leivsdottir

I do not have character info from:

• Triggvi
  • Marie Reynolds
PMs will be sent as well.

I will be working on character sheets today and tomorrow.

Cheers Riveda ! It must be time-consuming to prepare a group RP but I'm sure we're all grateful.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Leyarite on November 07, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Cheers Riveda ! It must be time-consuming to prepare a group RP but I'm sure we're all grateful.
You all, and the players of my other group game "Gunstar Autochthonia," are lucky I'm out of work, that's all I'm saying.

evangel

Yeah. Thanks again for being so accommodating to players new to Travelers, especially.